Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 10:23 AM   #16  

What I would do is look at sunshinedaizy's post in this forum and just use her formula to calculate your target points. (i.e. Day 1 - Base Points + 0, Day 2 - Base Points + 5, etc.)

I've always done flex, which has an exact number (i.e. 24) for each weight range. Is winning points different, and you get a range instead?

I have been doing this program for a week, and I feel hungry a lot, but I try and eat every two hours, and I've lost 1.5 pounds. You don't want to lose more than 1 or 2 pounds a week. Losing a lot of weight rapidly is hard on your heart, and otherwise not beneficial. If you're looking for general moral support (not Wendie plan specific), I belong to a group of "Turtles" -- people dedicated to losing weight slowly but surely -- and I'm sure they would welcome you if you wish to join us (follow the link):

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80052
Old 04-06-2006, 10:19 PM   #17  

Height: 5'8"

Thanks Ariana. Yes, the winning points program gives you a range for points and if you don't use them all one day you can bank your points.

Thanks for recommending the "turtle" link. I'll be sure to check it out!
Old 04-12-2006, 10:53 PM   #18  

Well, ladies, I've been doing this program for about 2.5 weeks and I've lost 4 pounds. It's hard in the beginning -- I felt like I was really hungry ALL the time -- but my body adjusted quickly, and by the second week it was much easier, and now in the middle of the third week it seems quite doable.

(Note that I also workout 3-5x per week, 2-3 weight training sessions (45 minutes) + 30 minutes of cardio on the same day, but 2 other days with just 45 minutes of cardio. Not sure how working out influences this program -- you may lose weight more slowly if you workout less, but the turtle finishes the race!) And it is better to go slowly and surely and make your goal in the long run than to try and sprint, and run out of energy. Remember, slowly, and surely, and focus on mini goals!
Old 04-19-2006, 12:12 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 245/217/150

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Ariana
2) Can I move the days around? I know that I eat more points on Friday and Saturday, so I'd really like to do (I switched days 2 and 3):

Day 1 - 24 points (+0) Wednesday (WEIGH-IN)
Day 3 - 28 points (+4) Thursday
Day 2 - 29 points (+5) Friday
Day 4 - 39 points Super High Day (SHD) (+15) Saturday
Day 5 - 24 points (+0) Sunday
Day 6 - 28 points (+4) Monday
Day 7 - 26 points (+2) Tuesday
Did you get this figured out? Your schedule looks great!

The only thing you have to do is make sure you have 2 or 3 low points days before your weigh in day. Because You can show a gain if you do you SHD too close to your Weigh in day.

Working out does effect your weight loss. If you exercise you will lose more weight then if you are not. You have to burn more calories then you take in to lose weight. So do Exercise. and Sculpting is excellent! Muscle burns fat even when you are sleeping. So keep up the great work!
Do you use your Activity Points? I helps on the low days when you are really hungry.

Quote:
friendlykat4uI'm on WW "winning points", now according to the booklet, I have a point range of 26-31. This doesn't match the point target on this post.

Wendie plan says that for my current weight, my target point is 28? Shouldn't it be 26?

HELP! I'm confused!
Winning Points and Wendie Plan are different. So go with the points range that goes with your weight.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:16 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Default Question

Ok so if I weigh in on Saturday morning then what day should be my super high day?

Thanks!
Princess
Old 04-20-2006, 12:26 PM   #21  

Princess...I would make Saturday your SHD...IT is perfect for that.
If you weigh in during the morning hours..have a lite breakfast so it doesnt show as a gain for the day..Saturday for me seems to be the day that for me is my higher day but I have to limit myself because Monday is my weigh in.

All you have to remember is to have 3 lower points days before your weighin so that you dont show the gain.

The day after the SHD You will show a gain...It will go away in 2 to 3 days. plus more...So definatly give it a try...It is great!
Old 04-20-2006, 12:46 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Sunshine: Thank you so much for the information! I really appreciate it!

Princess
Old 04-20-2006, 11:02 PM   #23  

Thumbs up

I started WW four weeks ago. Changed the amount of food and the types of food I was eating. Adding walking 3-4 days a week. And in three weeks I lost 3 pounds (starting at 308). I followed everything to the letter, and never touched the flex points.. I was always afraid of eating too much.

I was so frustrated that I had made all these changes and I wasn't losing. I was doing that before the plan! Added to the mix is that I am insulin resistant. When i read about the Wendy Plan, it resonated so much.

I tried it this week... and lost 4.4 pounds! More in one week than the other three combined! I practically danced through the room.

This plan is freeing, in that I can plan my "McDonalds craving days" knowing that I am not messing up. I love it!
Old 04-22-2006, 12:18 PM   #24  

Congratulations on your loss Almost40.. This is a great plan. I love the flexibility of it.

Keep up the great work!

Wendy
Old 04-26-2006, 05:19 PM   #25  

Sunshine daizy:
Thank you for your help. I thought I had it figured out, but now I'm confused by one point: on Day 3, your post indicates that the points as being base+4 , but the post by mauvaisroux, the plan is supposed to be only base+1 on the 3rd Day. I've been following yours, and I just noticed the discrepancy. Is that deliberate? I've also been adding 2 points on my base+0 days, since I'm doing flex and not winning points. Is that also right? Thank you again for your help.

I weigh in on Wednesday night, almost 4 full days after my SHD.

Thanks! I do my best to be diligent about working out, and after I maintained last week instead of losing, I stepped up my workouts from 3 days a week to 5 days a week. Tonight is my official weigh-in night, but it looks like I've lost 1 pound even before I upped my workout schedule.

No, I don't use activity points -- so those extra 3 points on my day 3 might be okay anyway. I work out between 45 minutes and 1.25 hours on all of those workout days, but I'm not really raveneously hungry, except in the morning. I was in the beginning -- the first week was hard, but it got easier with every week. I think my stomach shrank on the inside.

Almost40:

One pound a week is an accomplishment too! But I can understand your wanting to speed it up, but you probably shouldn't lose more than about 2 pounds a week on average, for your health. The important part is that you are moving in the right direction. Congrats on your recent weight loss!

I agree, it is quite freeing. I make it through the week knowing that Saturday, on my SHD, I can have some of the junk food I have been craving but virtuously avoiding.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:20 AM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariana2000
Sunshine daizy:
Thank you for your help. I thought I had it figured out, but now I'm confused by one point: on Day 3, your post indicates that the points as being base+4 , but the post by mauvaisroux, the plan is supposed to be only base+1 on the 3rd Day. I've been following yours, and I just noticed the discrepancy. Is that deliberate? I've also been adding 2 points on my base+0 days, since I'm doing flex and not winning points. Is that also right? Thank you again for your help.

I weigh in on Wednesday night, almost 4 full days after my SHD.

Thanks! I do my best to be diligent about working out, and after I maintained last week instead of losing, I stepped up my workouts from 3 days a week to 5 days a week. Tonight is my official weigh-in night, but it looks like I've lost 1 pound even before I upped my workout schedule.

No, I don't use activity points -- so those extra 3 points on my day 3 might be okay anyway. I work out between 45 minutes and 1.25 hours on all of those workout days, but I'm not really raveneously hungry, except in the morning. I was in the beginning -- the first week was hard, but it got easier with every week. I think my stomach shrank on the inside.
Ariana,
It really depends on what day is you SHD..Either is fine... As long as you have different points each day Some high some low. And kind of follow your guidelines. In my last post I changed the two days so that Friday was the higher points day. If you are making progress using 3 points that is fine. It is actually better to eat more then to not eat enough.

I had arranged my point differently then what the Original Wendie Plan post read. For Example: This is my target range. I Use my SHD as my Day 1. It is my Monday...I weigh in on Monday mornings right now....So thePlan as written look like this....

POINTS TARGET - 26 (Weigh 200 - 224 lbs)
Day 1 - 26 points
Day 2 - 31 points
Day 3 - 27 points
Day 4 - 41 points Super High Day (SHD)
Day 5 - 26 points
Day 6 - 30 points
Day 7 - 28 points

For me it is like this...
POINTS TARGET - 26 (Weigh 200 - 224 lbs)
Day 4 - 41 points Super High Day (SHD)
Day 5 - 26 points
Day 6 - 30 points
Day 7 - 28 points
Day 1 - 26 points
Day 2 - 31 points
Day 3 - 27 points

So for me...Day 3 is actuall day 6 as it was written. So that is where the numbers got changed. Hope this clears things up.

Adding the 2 points to your Base +0 day is fine. Wendie Plan is a Flex Points Plan. It lacks (If I remember right) 8 of the flex points. That is why it gives you a certain Base Number, Then each day it gives you some points also. these are the flex points. So you do have some leaway adding more points if you need to. I personally need extra points on my SLD. So I always use all of my Activity points on those days. Or I would be too hungry. So yeah adding the 2 is ok.

When you exercise do you eat a prework out meal. One that includes a carb a protein and a fruit. You need the carbs to get you through your work out. It will also help you from getting hungry during and directly after you work out. But as soon as possible you need to eat a protein meal with a fruit to replace what you just burned.

Your work outs will definately speed up your losses. So keep up the great work!

Have a nice day...
Old 04-27-2006, 10:49 PM   #27  

Thanks, Wendy. It sounds like I'm on track. Are you "the" Wendy, the one who created the plan? I feel like I am in the company of a celebrity here.

I eat fruit and carbs right before I work out. I eat protein right after. I don't have the points to eat protein before. ;o
Old 05-03-2006, 03:21 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

I'm kind of bummed because I followed this to the letter and gained .6 lbs. I keep telling myself that the gain is just a glitch, but it was rather disappointing. Gotta do something to shake off these last pounds so I'll keep on trucking.
Old 05-03-2006, 04:17 PM   #29  

Sheila -- did you make sure that you weigh-in day was at least 2-3 lower point days between your SHD and your weigh-in day? With the Wendie plan, you will experience a small temporary weigh gain shortly after your SHD, and then it should go away again. If it still didn't work, then perhaps it is a bad fit for you.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:59 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

I had my SHD on weigh-in day (after weighing in, of course!), and had two low days prior to weigh-in. I'm six pounds away from my the WW high goal for my height, and I think things are just being a bit stubborn. With the amount I exercise, I also wonder if not eating as many flex points during the week perhaps isn't a good thing? I'll give it another shot, though, and see if things work out better next time because I've heard good things about varying points like this.
Closed Thread