Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 06:11 AM   #136  

Horrors! I fell completely off the wagon, guys. I went to WW last night and gained 2.6 pounds over Christmas.... what was I thinking? Why didn't I check in here and have you guys help me re-gain my perspective? Though, we were away for part of the time, and I was at someone else's mercy as far as food was concerned. Well, I'm back and I threw out or hid all the remaining holiday food yesterday.
We had a great Christmas though, lots of family, presents, good food.... lots of good food.... hmmm...... I have been so saddened, by the way, hearing about the Earthquake situation in Asia. I hope all of you didn't have family over that way at all. My DH has a co-worker who was vacationing in Cambodia with her family and no one has heard from them. We hope they are ok, but there is a strong possibility they didn't make it.
Knowing how many perished, kind of makes our own problems seems like nothing. We can regain the momentum and get back to where we were in no time!
Dawny, sounds like you are in about the same position as I am! Like you, all year I've been "reasonably" good and this "slip" really amazed me in that I could add that much weight in a few day's time. They say fat cells have a memory, which I think is very true!
Shelly, welcome again! We're all in the same boat here and will be working hard to get back on track. I journalled for the first time since well before Christmas, yesterday. I didn't have Lindt chocoate yesterday for the first time in four days (darn!).
Melanie, glad to read you are getting settled and sounds like you had a fun time. I am so relieved that ALL the holiday food is out of my house now except the hidden chocolate. "Out of sight, out of mind" is the way I feel. I had to get it away from my daughter, Jamie, as she has been totally out of control as well, much like me - but it has scared me to see her this out of control, I knew I would regain control, but she is young and this is her first time since beginning ww that she's been really off program for so many days in a row. I hope she regains perspective. She's not feeling awfully well and chose to stay home from ww last night as well. I felt she wasn't feeling all that bad and was using the "illness" (just a headache, I think, mostly) to avoid the weigh in, as after I got home from the meeting, she seemed pretty recovered.
It was a good meeting and our leader was talking about having a PLAN to get re-started. She said a good idea was to make soup, warm and comforting soup - but soup that is low in point. Great idea! Think I'll be doing that today for sure! We need to get re-established with our exercising and eating, we need to drink our water (I sure wasn't really doing much of any of it) and focus on what our goals are.
I gently offered to take Jamie to another meeting in the next couple of days... we'll see. She seems quite reluctant.
Nat, I am using the quick reply feature and if I flip a page back to see what you wrote (saw Melanie's reply) I'll lose everything I've written, so will post this, and go read what you said. Hope all is well.
Well, the "binge" is over guys, we're all slowly but surely regaining our whits!
Onward to a successful and think New Year!
By the way, does anyone have big New Year's plans? Not me, so it will be pretty easy to stay on program!
Linda
Old 12-29-2004, 06:15 AM   #137  

Hi again, I had read what Nat had written, actually. Guess I was thinking she had something else "new" to report. Though, I am glad the tests came out ok, but that still doesn't change how miserable you've been. Hope the appointment on the 13th will help!
Well, guys, it's time to re-group, and get moving with those excercises! I'm right there with you all!
Linda
Old 12-29-2004, 08:57 AM   #138  

Hey ladies!!

Hope you all had a great Christmas, I had a very good time, lots of food and wine, but it's all well!! In fact, I weighed myself this morning and my scales showed a minor 0.5 lb gain! I'm pretty amazed that I've gained so little, I had loads to eat and drink, I'm beginning to think my scales are faulty, but anyway, I've still got New Year's to go through!

Linda- I wouldn't worry too much about the gain, it's not all fat, water retention and heavy stomach can be blamed as well. I think you can try to eat healthily for a couple of days before indulging on Friday/Saturday, but don't be miserable because of this. We'll all meet here after the holidays, estimate the damage and start losing! I'm not really looking forward to my doc appointment, as my problem might be hormonal after all, but I guess it's better to know for sure.

I hope you're all doing great. I'm planning to get back on track on Jan 3 , so I'll see you all here!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Old 12-29-2004, 09:16 AM   #139  

Well, I did pretty well yesterday… until dinner. Since DH was still out-of-town, I ended up with fast food. Then some leftover WW pumpkin pie. I think it is about time to toss out the rest as I am in the habit of having a piece each night, whether I’m hungry or not. But, DH is coming home tonight and I’m planning to make one of his favorites (spaghetti) and think I will pick him up something special for dessert or look for a quick recipe. Gosh! I have missed that man! I rented one of his favorite movies last night and got him a late X-mas gift. He’s going to leave town more often if I keep this up!

Linda – Sorry about the gain, but I agree with Nat. It is a superficial gain and most will be gone by next week if you are on track this week. I don’t have WI tonight, but will get on my scale at home to see the damage. Christmas in addition to TOM – it’s not going to be pretty.

So far, I don’t know what we are doing for New Year’s. I want to go out/DH is happy to stay in. We might compromise and go to a nice dinner or maybe to a church meeting in another town that has a lot of church groups performing. Either way, I plan to go shopping in the next couple of days for a killer outfit!
Old 12-30-2004, 07:45 AM   #140  

Good morning to all!
Well, I stayed on program yesterday, first day since well before Christmas - so I am proud of myself! We had speghetti too, Melanie! Must have been the night for it.
Nat, a .5 gain could have been just having a glass of water a few hours before, nothing!
You guys are right, I will take this gain off and it will be gone in no time. I'm not worried.
We will have a nice dinner at home on New Year's Eve, it's our custom to not go out as service stinks on New Year's and there are too many drunk drivers. We stay home, have a nice meal and usually rent a movie. In fact, we might go to the movies on New Year's Day, not sure yet.
Well, I'm running later for a quilt meeting, so have a great ON PROGRAM day everyone!
Linda
Old 12-30-2004, 08:53 AM   #141  

Hi all, well, after much too much eating, and being barely unable to stop myself, I decided last night that today is the first day back to 'normal'. Most of the choccies have gone and if I don't start now there is a real danger that I never will. So I'm here to call on you guys to really see for myself that I'm not the only one in trouble over the holidays.
I didn't go to WI last night, I could have and I should have, but I didn't. I really should have listened to my own advice and gone to see what the real damage is, but I chickened out.
I am about to go on the WW website to check out the real info on the new programmes just announced over here. We won't get the full info at the meetings until next week, but its on the site. Sounds as if we're going down the core route. I expect the whole thing to be modified for the UK market, but it definitely sounds as if thats whats happening. We will still have a points thing to follow for one of the programmes, but the other one is called 'no count', have 3 full meals per day, plus fruit for snacks then have some points to split over the week to use like Flex points maybe. I need to check it out in detail, because I'm wondering if the points values on the 'normal' plan will be changing slightly, as the daily points allowance is changing a bit. Its supposed to be more tailor made to individual needs, but sounds pretty complicated to me. After a year with WW, I'm only just getting the hang of some of the points values as it is, I don't need confusing more than I already am!!!
Anyway, I'll find out soon enough.

Gotta fly for now, I have to go and visit my Granny. Back later.
Old 12-30-2004, 09:47 AM   #142  

Hello all! DH came home last night! Yippee! The house feels like home again!

Linda – thanks for the idea. I might see if DH wants to see a movie on NY. Probably not. He doesn’t like crowds and it will probably be crowded that day!

Dawny – Good for you getting back on program today. I’m still kinda on/off/on/off. I’m on until I want something, then I’m off again. I guess I’m still using the holidays as an excuse. Well, after Saturday, no more excuses. Looking for a NY outfit tomorrow will probably shock me back on to program. As for today, I’m planning to be on… It’s about time you guys got the other program! I say, if it interests you, go for it. However, you are so close to goal, I wouldn’t worry about changing now. We could never call it the “no count” program here. It is a colloquialism for rotten (It’s no count. = It’s rotten.)

I really have had a hard time at work this week. We’re only working three days. Tomorrow is a holiday day. So, it’s torture to try to concentrate. Especially today, since DH just came home and I wanna be there with him. I’m off tomorrow and he will be back to work. We really didn’t coordinate this very well. But, he could definitely use the down time after being with 10 teens and hundreds of tourists all week. Hmmm… maybe he will fix dinner…

We are planning to quit smoking and I’m nervous about what that will do to the weightloss. I know that I won’t eat anything I don’t allow myself to, but I’m still nervous about it. Please pray for us that we can kick the habit. Gee, I will enjoy having that extra money!

Well, I’m gonna try to concentrate on some work now!
Old 12-31-2004, 11:50 AM   #143  

Just a quickie, Melanie, glad DH is home, good luck on the smoking thing. Just think of it as part of your new healthier lifestyle and I'm sure that will help. With your new good eating habits, there really should be no reason to gain weight with your stopping smoking. The habit breaking can be the hardest thing, just like with eating, so think of lots of things you can do beforehand to do when you feel the need. Of course, I'm speaking as a complete non-smoker, so what do I know? I still wish you luck though, it'll be tough but you can do it!

Ok gotta go, just wanted to wish you all a very happy new year, and hope that 2005 holds plenty of good things in store for us all.
Also, my prayers are with all those affected by events in Asia, I hope that something good can come of all the sadness happening at this time (I can't imagine what good can possibly come of it all at the moment,but there really must be some reason for it all!)

Anyway, on a brighter note, eat drink and be merry tonight everyone, take care and remember that tomorrow is another year - we have resolutions to make and break!
Back next year!
Old 01-02-2005, 02:06 AM   #144  
Still Hanging Around:)

Hello all I don't normally post in the WW forum (don't know if I *ever* have).... But I'm heading to my first WW meeting this coming week... So thought I'd surf through some of the WW posts.

I normally post in the 100# Club, but I have come & gone a few times over the past year or so. My husband is currently on active duty in Iraq with his national guard battalion. He has an 18-month deployment, and has been gone for 6 months so far. It has gone fast. I would like to spend the next 12 months focusing on not only my children, but myself as well. I need to learn how to shop better.... How to plan meals, what to have around the house for healthy alternatives for the stuff I'm usually putting in my mouth. I need to push myself to exercise. I've always wanted to be this buff woman who enjoyed being in the gym... to not be the one hiding behind the baggy clothes so people couldn't see how fat I really am.

So..... I'm hopefully going to do a lot of lifestyle changing in the next year (for starters). And when my husband comes back (please pray for his safety), he will be empowered to adopt the healthier lifestyle!!!!

Thanks for listening
Old 01-02-2005, 06:20 PM   #145  
Tina2 in some circles...

Thumbs up

Hi! I am new to the WW board. I have been a member of WW for a year. I have lost 42 lbs so far. I usually lurk! I had a so-so Christmas. I did gain 4lbs over the holiday. It was really tough with family over and me having to cook. But it's a new year and I am ready to get back on plan! Happy New Year everyone!

Tina
Old 01-02-2005, 07:06 PM   #146  

Default welcome and new year

Welcome to Sandi and Tina! So nice to see some newcomers and I hope we can help you out.
Something must be wrong with my thread subscription as I usually get an e-mail whenever someone makes a new post here, but it's not been working!

Hope it starts up again.
Not must going on here, have been starting each day with good intentions and blowing it by the end of the day. However, today was good, at least, so maybe I'll be ok by my weigh in on Tuesday!
Sandi, hope your first WW meeting goes ok!
Linda
Old 01-03-2005, 07:04 PM   #147  

Unhappy A day gone by with no other posts?

Well, guys, where are you all?
I came on line and my instant notification is still not working, or so I thought, but there were not more posts in this thread. I'm really missing you guys.

I tried really hard today, by the way, to stay on program. I was almost completely good. I feel like something almost "evil" took hold of me during the holidays and each day has been a complete challenge.
Tomorrow I weigh in and I hope that I at least maintained this week.
Will let you know.
Hope to see posts here tomorrow.
Linda
Old 01-04-2005, 08:40 AM   #148  

Hi gyys!
Here I am again, still no posts from you all. I'm getting frantic here.... where is everyone?
I'm going to try starting a new thread, but will check back on this one as well to fin you guys......
Linda
Old 01-04-2005, 08:45 AM   #149  

We have a new thread in case this one is just "dead" or something:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51263
Find us there!!!!!
Closed Thread