Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2004, 07:16 PM   #1  

Thumbs up Let's Support Each Other V, we keep filling up a thread and starting again!!!!!

Hellow everyone! We seem to have a group of loyal followers now, some are shy and don't post and others are posting more than once a day! We're a group of people who have become friends HERE on this great web site. We're all following Weight Watchers and have seen MANY pounds lost between us all!
We are here to help each other. We welcome newcomers and we are here to help!
Linda
Old 11-19-2004, 07:20 PM   #2  

Tracy, just read your post on the old thread. You are doing the right thing. Don't give up! If you stumble, you've just got to pull yourself back up and continue on.
Walking for 30 minutes, as you did today is certainly the right approach. Drink an extra glass of water and have a toast to yourself! You CAN do this, remember!
Linda
Old 11-19-2004, 07:22 PM   #3  

I'm here ! I'm here ! I'm here. Sorry i guess im one of those that hide most of the time. I come alot and read but dont always have time to post. But i love it here. I get so much encouragement. And wow people really do notice when im gone. Anyways im a full time student and a full time worker so i dont always get to post, but i will work on doing better. I promise
Old 11-19-2004, 08:33 PM   #4  

Hello! Thanks for starting the new thread, Linda! Guess we've kinda left that up to you!

Well, I'm not 100%, but I'm feeling MUCH better today. I just got done working out for the first time this week! Boy, did I sweat! I'm planning to WI tomorrow and I hope the sweat did some good.

Dawny - Great NSVs! I love it when people notice. I loved the way you described your curves instead of lumps! I understand that!

Tracy - Glad you are hangin' in with us. Good job on the exercise and water. Thirty minutes makes a great deal of difference. I'm sure you will see that at the next WI.

Linda - Dressing up is fun. Working in a law office, I have to look nice every day, but there are a few outfits I save for special outings. I decided to wear one of my dressier outfits this week and got several comments. I used to never wear skirts to work. And, I don't wear skirts without hose. Both, because I hate the way my thighs rub together and cause heat rash. yuck. But, now. I'm noticing some thinner thighs and it is actually comfy! Though, as a lady I still have trouble not wearing hose!

Well, I'm beat from my workout. I'm going to jump in the tub and then treat myself to some light ice cream!
Old 11-20-2004, 05:49 AM   #5  

Default Saturday morning

Well, I see a few of us have found the new thread!
Here it is Saturday morning and I have to figure out some place that is ww friendly to eat out tonight. Used some serious flex points last night on pizza, so will have to be extra good for the rest of the weekend.
Jamie will need that too, as she had a 16 year old friend's sleepover birthday party to go to last night. Before I drove her there, she made a worried statement "I suppose there is going to be lots of food there". I offered to make her some food to eat before going, but she just decided to "wing it". One night at a party won't kill her, she's been doing so well.
She looks like a different kid lately after losing nearly 17 pounds on her 5'1" frame! She went to the doctor this week and they were all thrilled with her weight loss and very encouraging. She now has an official goal of 125-135 to reach, in writing, for weight watchers. I am so pleased with how ww has keep alligned with what the doctor's office has said.
Speaking of doctor's offices, I got partial test results back and do not have Rhuematoid arthritis. I am very glad. I have Osteo Arthritis, which is not as crippling and I can deal with that. There is one remaining test still outstanding, but I feel better just knowing.
I have to step up on activity level these next few days to counteract Thanksgiving. I'd love to finish off the upcoming week with a maintenance and doubt I'll have a loss, but you never know!
Melanie, so glad you are feeling good wearing skirts again, I would never wear a skirt without "hose" as you call it. I have always felt my legs look terrible, not fat but pale and icky! I bruise easily and always seem to have black and blue and am convinced that the hose hide a multitude of "sins"!
Linda
Old 11-20-2004, 06:54 AM   #6  

Good morning, just popped in to let you know I found you all! Can't stop though, AJ's lunchtime, back later!
Old 11-20-2004, 07:59 AM   #7  

Good morning y'all! I am on our new computer!! It is awesome! It goes alot faster. Y'all were talking about dressing up. I love to dress up. I do on a regular basis. At work I wear matching athletic outfits w/matching shoes. I only work 2 days a week and the rest of the week I dress up if I go anywhere. There was a lady in Curves last night and we were discussing this. I told her people just don't dress up anymore(which is fine if that's what you want).
Dawny, I wish we would have a huge snow this year. I used to love summer time, but now that I don't ever get out in the sun I prefer winter. For one thing, I love winter clothes...I love coats and boots..and the crisp air..ahhhh When it snows it does shut everything down though cos we usually have ice.
Melanie, I am glad you are feeling better!!Tracy, I am glad you are back on track! Ok y'all I've got plenty of housework to do and I always watch Andrew Lessman on HSN when he is on and he is on this weekend, so I'll be staying in today and cleaning,exercising and watching Andrew!! Couldn't ask for a better time...well other than shopping!! I'll check back in later on my fast computer!LOL Lynn
Old 11-20-2004, 11:23 AM   #8  

Hi guys!
Just wanted to share an article written about the project I am working on!
http://www.quiltersmuse.com/New%20Ha...%20Project.htm
Linda (who was quoted in the article!)
Old 11-20-2004, 12:35 PM   #9  

Okay. This feels a little like cheating because I weighed at 9:00 this morning and my usual WI is 6:30 p.m., but I DID IT! 50# gone! (okay, Dawny - watch me waffle!) It was almost 50#. .1 off. If I wasn't at church I would have taken my bra off! But, that didn't feel right. And, I had juice before I went. So, since I can't really WI of the afternoon for almost 2 weeks (taking next week off from meetings), I am counting it as my official WI! 180.6 and loving it!

Lynn - I'm excited for you! I'm getting a new computer for X-mas and can hardly wait! Good for you!

Linda - I will check out that article later.

Right now, I'm at the office. I had to use the computers for a church project and since I'm here and only working 1 day next week, I'm going to work for a few minutes.

Later!
Old 11-20-2004, 03:04 PM   #10  

WOW! Melanie, that is just fab!
I actually went out this morning with DH and did a bit of yard work. First time since I injured my chest a few weeks ago, just did a bit of raking and bagging leaves, but it felt great to do something!
Linda
Old 11-21-2004, 12:18 AM   #11  

Linda - very neat article! It really sounds like a lovely project. One day when I'm not typing 8 hours a day, I would really like to take it up. Right now, my hands just couldn't take it as a hobby. When I first started this job, at the end of the day I could hardly hold my fork and knife at dinner. After getting some gel pads and a different keyboard, it hasn't been a problem, but I'm still afraid to take back up needlepoint or crocheting. And, I'm glad that you got a positive report from the doc!

Right now, I'm hoping I will be able to breathe through my nose tomorrow morning. I'm sleeping on the couch so I can sit up a bit, but it is gonna get clogged as soon as I recline. I can just tell. And, tomorrow, I perform the first skit for the drama ministry - one I wrote. I didn't take a full dose of NyQuil because I want to be clear headed tomorrow. I will just have to rely on the Lord.

Well, it seems I have pretty much made my Thanksgiving goal! Well chuffed am I! So, I have decided my Christmas goal. Hopefully, that will help to keep me on track over Thanksgiving and two days at home this week! But, I'm being very considerate with that goal. 5# by Christmas. Bitter sweet. That will put me into the 22pt bracket! Yikes! But, would be a good present for myself!

I think I will go to the couch now and try to snore!
Old 11-21-2004, 06:32 AM   #12  

Just popped in, good morning to you all, Melanie, thats terrific news! I think we can safely say that.1 off doesn't count! 50 pounds. Its quite an achievement. I'm hoping I can get there by wednesday's WI, but I can't see it somehow. I think with the way you are going, 5# by Christmas should be no problem for you.Well done. Take it all in and enjoy. At the moment, I can't take in the 50# goal at all for me. I'm so focused on the final goal that I don't think that 50# will hit me until the day after I finally get there. We'll wait and see.

Linda, I bet you feel better for getting out and doing something in the garden. Now you have most of your results and are not too worried about what's to come I think it's good to try your hand at a few things again. The bonus points are handy too!

I feel pretty down this morning. DH and I had been ok recently and a stupid remark made by him last night has knocked us back again. I think he could be on the verge of leaving me, I don't know, but I get the distinct impression that he's had enough of the arguments and that our time is almost up. I'm not sure what to make of it all if I'm honest. I can't imagine life without him, but maybe its the only way forward. I'm in a bit of a confused state at the moment, but determined not to let it get to me too much. I've already had too many tears I think, so I'm starting to think 'what will be, will be'. I'll keep you posted.

Well, gotta go for now, Hope you get some serious zzzzzz's in Melanie, even if it is on the couch! See you later.
Old 11-21-2004, 09:21 AM   #13  

Dawny - I just have a few minutes, but I have to send you heaps of love!!!!! I'm sooo sorry to hear you and DH are having those kind of problems. DH and I fight all the time, so I can sympathize. I know I don't want to live like this forever, but it's hard. Have you considered marital counseling? Would he? I'm ready to suggest it to my DH. We're in this thing for life, so I want it to be a good one. If you need to talk, we're here for you!
Old 11-21-2004, 10:32 AM   #14  

Hey girls, I've just found the new thread!

Dawny- I'm so sorry to hear your having problems with your DH. I agree with Melanie about counselling, some things might need a bit of a hard work to sort them out. Good vibes to you.

Melanie- Congrats on the 50#!!!! Well done girl, you must be pretty chuffed!

I totally blew it over the weekend, the parties didn't do me any good food and booze wise. I hope to get back on track Monday, I'd be glad if I maintained on my WI, I so do not need a gain! Anyway, "que sera, sera".

Take care ladies and Linda thanks for starting our new thread!!
Old 11-21-2004, 03:47 PM   #15  

Happy Sunday everyone. Not so happy for you, Dawny? I sure wish I could help you from afar. But, my best advise as an "older" married person who has been married over 20 years is that there are ups and downs in all marriages. You must work together and be truly committed. Having a young child is difficult and managing a child and money are difficult.
Talk with him, don't put it off. I'm not sure counselling is something I'd do, but some people really feel that helps. Bring up what was said and how you feel. Tell him you want to try, if that is what you want. I remember more than a few times when I thought my marriage would be over with, but here I am and I still love him after all this time. In fact, as the years go by, I can't imagine anyone else. So, try and please communicate.
Last thing you need to worry about right now is your weight, though, when you have this on your mind. Give yourself some time.
Nothing much new to report today, weather is dismal and I'm trying to stay out of some political "battles" that some of my friends are really instigating right now. I hate politics and I hate when people get all wound up!
Linda
Closed Thread