Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2004, 12:24 PM   #46  

Hi, sounds like everyone's had a good couple of days, even if there was a bit of over indulgeance going on! A bit here too I'm afraid. After the good night out on Friday, I went a bit mad last night and cooked a nice steak meal for DH, with wine, he bought a - wait for it - chocolate muffin sundae! Goodness knows how many points in that, plus some wine, went well over I think. Unfortunately, I've not been able to make up for it today, as we had lunch at MIL's house. Despite the fact that she's diabetic she seems to have no concept at all about healthy eating and the concoction we were given was tasty but strange to say the least, and I had to be very careful what I put on my plate. I think I have only 1 point left for the rest of the evening, and its only 5.20 now! DH has had to go into work just now on a call out, so he won't be in to tempt me into a naughty supper, but sometimes it can be worse when he isn't around - as sometimes its as if I eat something and no one sees me doing it, it doesn't count! Does anyone else have this problem? I will have to be really careful to stay away from AJ's biscuits cupboard. I have smelt his jaffa cakes (do you get those?) they are only 1 pt each, and covered in chocolate with orange filling, and totally moreish. If I have even one, I will find it difficult to stop. I hope there's someone out there to give me the strength to avoid them - for today at least.

No baby news yet, as far as we can tell, of course she's bound to arrive in the middle of the night anyway, when we can't do anything about it, but still so excited! AJ can hardly contain himself. He keeps telling me how much bigger he's going to be when 'his' baby comes!

Well better go for now, I'll try to get back later seeing as I'll be in on my own, It'll keep me away from the biscuits!
Old 11-28-2004, 02:34 PM   #47  

Oh gooness, we don't get those biquits (we call them cookies here, but the same) that you refereed to, Jaffa cakes, but they sound way too tempting!
That baby sure seems to be taking a very long time to get here!
DH is looking for a job today, he's awfully frustrated.
Fear of him just walking in a quitting his job has we wanting to head for the chocolate.
Linda
Old 11-28-2004, 03:36 PM   #48  

Had to come back for confession. I've eaten quite a few of the 'cookies', the jaffa cakes were just too gorgeous to leave alone. Plus I had some other stuff in the cupboard I couldn't help but munch on too. I feel quite guilty, because there was no real reason for it. I wasn't hungry. I didn't have the points. I was just being a greedy pig. I'm very disappointed in myself. But hopefully, now I've got that off my chest, I can forget and get on with things - and maybe not head back to that particular cupboard. Thanks for letting me vent.
Old 11-28-2004, 05:40 PM   #49  

Hey girls!

Dawny- I know exactly how you feel, I binged yesterday as well. I went over to a friend's house in the evening, haven't eaten dinner, so I snacked on chips and nuts, and then we ordered hamburgers and french fries!! Oh well, I think I made up for it today, so don't think about it too much, move on, no use crying over spilt milk.

Linda- Sounds like you had a nice Thanksgiving, glad you enjoyed yourself!

Melanie- I'm so jealous of your shopping spree, enjoy all your fabulous new clothes!!!

Another busy week starts tomorrow, take care ladies!!
Old 11-28-2004, 10:21 PM   #50  

Anyone else not looking forward to this week's WI?

I have not written down anything since Thursday. It is so hard to get back on track mid-week. Today we had Mexican after church. I didn't do too bad, but for dinner we ate out again and I had some onion rings and ice cream with fruit. I only worked out for about 20 minutes today because I just wasn't in the mood. Well, maybe Monday will be a better day to start again. I would be overjoyed if I maintain this week!

Dawny - Those java cakes sound yummy! I also have more trouble being good when I'm alone. I guess it's easier when noone is watching you cheat. I can convince myself it's okay, but DH knows the truth even if he doesn't say anything.

Linda - I understand the job pressure. DH is hoping to get a call next week about a job he is trying for. I can't say want, but we need the money. We are hardly getting by where he is working and this other job would be the same pay, but better hours and benefits. I could save almost $150 per month on health insurance alone. Plus, it might pay for my birth control too. We would be much better financially. But, what if it doesn't work out? What if he doesn't get the hours expected? I just have to remind myself that although we must do our part, God is ultimately my provider and will always come through. That was part of today's sermon. God never changes. We can always count on Him. I hope you see results on the job front soon!

Nat - I did enjoy the shopping. I'm wearing a mint green t-shirt with pink sparkles designing a monkey head and the word cranky. I think it was my favorite purchase. I know I'm very fortunate that my mother likes to spoil me. Sorry to hear you have gotten a bit off track too. If you shake it off and start again, it might not be too bad.

Our biggest news is that we might be moving next door. We live in a duplex and the other side has just opened up. It is $50 more rent, but if DH gets the new job we can afford it. For that small increase, we would get 2 bedrooms, carpeting, and updated appliances. Basically, the other side is bigger and nicer. I could use one bedroom for exercise and DH's music equipment. DH is going to talk to the landlord this week. Maybe get a bit lower rent? Or at least ask him to hold it for a couple of weeks to give us a chance. I've been a good tenant for almost 3 years, so I don't think that would be asking much.

Well, I have a bit of a headache, so I'm going to go soak in the tub. Night, All!

Last edited by Emerald; 11-29-2004 at 08:08 AM.
Old 11-29-2004, 06:51 AM   #51  

Hello everyone! Sounds like we've all be overindulging a bit this week. For me, tomorrow is weigh in. I got on the scale this morning and it is showing that I am up about two pounds, but that is today and by tomorrow things could be quite different. Amazing how one day really makes a big difference!
I'm going outside to work raking leaves. By the way, I keep wondering what ever made us decide to buy this house in the middle of TONS of oak trees.... I could work, no stop, raking leaves for the next 6 days or so (and have done tons already this fall) and still really not have it all done. I physically just can't do that, oh well.
But, one positive thing is that I am getting physcial exercise and earing points with all this work!
DH was so unhappy yesterday with his boss/job. He spent a great deal of time working over the Thanksgiving weekend and says "I have no life", which is partially true. He is really stressed and it seems awfully unfair. I want him to be happy, yet he is trapped in his job due to having to provide for our family.
I have to become very aware of how stress affects me as all I want is to eat. I resisted eating extra dessert last night, and it was very hard - but I did it! I also think my body got used to eating all the extra goodies over this holiday weekend. Time to be back on track.
Linda
Old 11-29-2004, 01:02 PM   #52  

Default finally, finally, finally lost weight!

after playing with the same 2 lbs for six weeks I lost a bit more this morning. This coincides with going back on Flex. HMMMM! So I will stick with flex. That means I have lost about 44 lbs now, Yay!

Today's menu

oatmeal and raisins
chicken stew
shrimp stir fry
popcorn and fruit for snack with one pudding
Old 11-29-2004, 03:32 PM   #53  

Good job, Kally! Amazing to lose over a holiday (if you are in the US).

Linda - I agree. I think my body has gotten used to the free eating I was doing over the weekend. I definately got used to eating out! Sorry to hear about the stress. DH does not want to change jobs either, but in some ways, I think he will be happier with the less responsibility and more money.

I'm on pins and needles right now. At lunch DH and I checked out the other side of the duplex. It is HUGE compared to our side with tons of closets and is just a lot nicer than our side. He was convinced and tried to call the landlord at lunch, but got no answer. I am goin' nuts wondering if he reached him!!! I will definately end up calling before the end of the day, but I hate to nag. It might be possible to start moving this week! That will be crazy carrying everything next door, but great exercise. I'm 98% sure we will get it, but that 2% is driving me nuts! Wish me luck!!
Old 11-29-2004, 04:00 PM   #54  

Im soooo not looking forward to WI. I am thinking i might just have to use my no weigh in pass. But at the same time, i will still wonder how i did. I know i have done horrible this week, i have ate like theres not going to be any food left in the world if i dont eat it all now.
Old 11-29-2004, 07:41 PM   #55  

Kally, good for you! I am not hoping for a loss this week, but will not be using a no weigh in pass. Actually, I am a lifetime member and could truly attend a meeting without paying and not have to pay, but I feel I must face the consequences.
Tracy, I know you are worrying, but I think you need to do the same.
Melanie, I hope you get the other side of the duplex and the money situation works out for you. I hate wondering and being scared, which is how I've been feeling this weekend. Not a good time of year to feel like this.
I haven't journalled since Thanksgiving, but was pretty much "on program" today, and I spent an hour raking leaves, so I think I am ok. I drank tons of water and ate my usual asparugus for dinner a few moments ago. I hope I, at least, have under a pound weight gain, I would be happy with that, considering it's Thanksgiving week!
Linda
Old 11-30-2004, 01:01 PM   #56  

HI there, sounds as if everyone is starting to get back on track slowly after the holiday. I think I came out in sympathy ( I like holidays!) and joined in the eating with you. But today, I've done quite good in time for WI tomorrow, but will probably end up with quite a few points left. Don't want to 'under' do it! Also, my home scales' batteries have gone, so I have no idea how I'm doing at the moment, which is 'doing my head in'. I know I shouldn't be on and off the scales as much as I do, but I'm addicted, and can't help it. Maybe I should start 'scales anonymous', could do me some good!

Kally, great to get a loss when you've been stuck for a while, these plateau's are a nightmare, but you've obviously done so well up to now, you just know you have to keep going!

Melanie, the move sounds a great idea - I will keep all my fingers and toes crossed for you. If you can be better off anything's good in my book!

Tracy, don't worry, just go with the flow. No one expects a loss over a holiday, it can be a bonus just to stay the same. I would get weighed anyway, at least then you will know the damage (if any) and know what to do to get back on track.

Linda, I think you definitely have the right attitude. You get straight back on programme and show that this is a lifestyle choice, not just a 'flash in the pan' that lasts 2 minutes. You should start journalling again though, I think it's really easy to go over points when you don't, even when you've been doing this thing forever. I've been meaning to ask you by the way, how are you liking your new leader? I know you must miss your old one, and it takes a while to get used to a new person, but hopefully they are coming up with a few new ideas to inspire you - and to keep you going over the Christmas holiday to come.

Anyway, going to get off for now, take care all, back tomorrow. By the way, no baby yet!
Old 11-30-2004, 03:42 PM   #57  

Dawny - Still no ?? I bet you are really getting anxious! Thanks for the sympathy eating. I hope our Thanksgiving doesn't hurt your WI tomorrow!

Well, I just got out of Court. Sometimes my job really is fun. My boss was stuck in another trial, so I went to the bench on his behalf, explained and we rescheduled. But I felt kinda full of myself getting to handle things.

We still don't know about the apartment. My landlord says that he was planning to add one of the bedrooms to our side and raise our rent!!! Gee, thanks for telling us! But, we still want the other side and asked to leave it as is. He is thinking about it and we are waiting. URGH!!! Why do people keep mistaking me for a patient person?????

Linda - I've been having trouble getting back to the journal also. I have started today's. Yesterday was neat because I wrote it down today and discovered I was OP! It's actually sinking in! That gives me hope for maintenance when the time comes. Ya just gotta sit down and do it, just the same as before T-Day.

I woke with allergy eyes and a splitting headache that is still there. The only reason I came to work was this trial that was rescheduled! I'm tempted to go home now. Probably not, but I wanna.
Old 11-30-2004, 03:45 PM   #58  

I too am not looking forward to my WI tomorrow.
I wasn't good about writing down what I ate from Wed night - Sunday. I went back and filled in as best as I could.
I'm just hoping that my initial loss hasn't disappeared. If I stayed the same I'll be happy.
Old 12-01-2004, 07:17 AM   #59  

Lightbulb Recovering from Thanksgiving and the traveling journal

Hi gang!
Yesterday's weigh in was not good. I gained 1.2 pounds over the Thanksgiving weekend. Time to get serious. Jamie, also, gained 1.2 pounds, exactly the same as me. She seemed shocked.
Well, this week, I am trying a new approach. My leader offers a "traveling journal" that goes home with a member every week. I think taking this home for the week will really FORCE me into being a "good girl" all week long. This is a good plan as it will really get me right back into my journaling as well as get me on track with all my eating! This journal has been in circulation for only two previous weeks, as this is my new leader. I've been to other meetings, though, and the traveling journal is common. Have you all been exposed to that?Though, as I looked at the other two previous week's entries, I was amazed at how "bad" these people were and wonder if they couldn't possibly have lost any weight? I was also pleased that I took this journal home as I am very good at writing in journals and will have to be the one to set the pace for this here, as these other entries were pretty bad! What a responsibility I have! But, this is a good week for this kind of thing, as we have no parties or other social engagements between now and my next meeting!
One woman (it's all confidential - no names are used) wrote that she is a nursing mother at the beginning of the week, at least, so that explains the tons of food she seems to be eating, but the first week was filled out by some anonymous member and she was eating as much as I was eating when I gained all my weight, I think? At least they were honest? Boy, I'd hate to think that they were NOT being honest, as they certainly must have had gains!
Yet, the one who wrote in it the first week, is probably new to ww and has many more points than I get each day? I only get 20 points a day and it sure is hard to feel satisfied with that little a food allowance. Yet, I manage. I have learned what I can eat to feel fulfilled and I am slowly, but surely, developing a "listing" of products that are low point, and decent choices!
The general idea about a traveling journal is that the leader says it's "magic" and whoever takes it and fills it out always has a loss! I'm game for that!
Dawny, I'm also wondering about the baby, still nothing? Poor "mom" must be very uncomfortable and anxious!
Dawny, I do like my new leader, she has a totally different style than my "old" leader, though. My old leader is quite funny and will really get people laughing, making the meetings really fun. She is a person I can really identify with and she suffers the same chocolate addiction as I have! She was struggling with her own weight, and I can identify with that as well. I think a ww leader in trouble really knows the score and maybe, just maybe, ww should lighten up a teeny bit on their policies for being "over" goal and give people more time? We all go through hormonal changes, we have stresses in our lives, we have social and fun things that contribute. Those things are part of life and we have to learn to accept the "ups and downs" of our happiness level and our weight. There have been stressful or very joyous occasions where we all have had to lay aside ww for a small time period. The person who will ultimately succeed, though, is the one who can get right back on track and keep going. WE all need to be doing that!
Melanie, I'd hate to be kept waiting with regard to that other apartment. I hope your landlord decides to let you guys have it. Sounds so nice!
Are you saving for a house or condo of your own? I hope you can do that at some point. There are options out there for small condos, especially, with no money down or practically nothing down that you might find more affordable than you think. Interest rates are low right now.
Melanie, I would consider getting back to journaling a true NSV! Same for me too!
Dawny, did you have turkey for your "sympathy eating" like we have, for the most part, in this country? I think Thanksgiving would be nice if it grew to an international day of thanks and, ultimately, peace. Wouldn't it be great if there was a world wide holiday that ALL races, religions and countries recognized? For ONE day everyone could be at peace. Let's all pray for that!
Dsnydi - welcome! Looks like you are new to our group and we are glad to have you!!!!!
I did about the same thing as you did, didn't write anything down from Thursday am, until yesterday morning. Maybe a "break" was mentally a good thing. I don't feel awful and guilty about my gain. I accept it, I had a wonderful time with family, I did take care to walk, swim and made SOME good choices throughout the time period. By the way, I abstained from all wine offered during the weekend. I'm not a huge drinker anyway and stuck to diet soda. At 2 points a glass, I would probably have had, normally, about 4 or 5 glasses of wine over a four day holiday weekend "bash" like that, easily, maybe more? That was a good choice!
I made a dessert for one of the evenings, which was a cake. When I made it, I substituted applesauce for the oil and used egg substitute. So, I cut SOME points out of it, not sure how much, but it was better than nothing!
So, here we are on a Wednesday morning. We are back on program (hopefully ALL of us) and I hope some of our other missing members check in and are not totally off the wagon!
Thinlyn? Natalie? Tracy? Anyone else?
Linda
Old 12-01-2004, 08:42 AM   #60  

Hi there, can't stop long, just wanted to keep you updated - Kirsty is in labour! We found out last night that she'd been having 'twinges' all day, and finally went to hospital last night. As of lunchtime today, she was still at it, the baby is obviously warm and cosy and has no intention of coming out any time soon! Her DH phoned my DH earlier and said they are hoping for sometime this afternoon, but as we are (mostly) all aware, first babies come when they are ready and not when anyone else wants them too. I'll keep you posted!

I got new batteries for my home scales, I think I can expect a maintain, or maybe tiny loss, at WI later. I would like a whole pound to get my bottle of champagne for my 50 pounds, but its very unlikely. Shame. Would come in handy later under the circumstances!!!

Anyway, no more time today, take care everyone. back later.
Closed Thread