Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 11:46 PM   #31  
Persistance loses weight

S/C/G: 216/177/136

Height: 5'7"

I want in on this thread! I think the consistency of posting daily really keeps me accountable. I could use some of that as I ate a super lot this weekend and need to get back on the wagon.

For all you zumba ladies, I am with you. I take 6 classes per week, and wish I could do more!
Old 03-15-2011, 02:41 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 248/167/150

Height: 5'6

6 per week!! your a trooper! Good for you!
Old 03-15-2011, 07:30 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

I wish my gym offered 6! Only 3 for me and on the days I don't go, I run and do a 90 minute Spin Class.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:36 AM   #34  

I had a pretty terrible week as as as tracking is concerned and I'm scared my focus is diminishing. Tomorrow is the start of a new week for me and I can't wait because my goal is to have a perfect week and to track EVERYTHING.

Last night I found myself dipping pretzels in the peanut butter jar and while I only had a few, I didn't track them. Thankfully I ran yesterday and it balances things out but the scale isn't moving because I'm in maintenance mode. Maybe I'm too comfortable with myself right now and am becoming lazy because I only have 15lbs left until I reach goal. These last 15lbs are frustrating to say the least!

Hopefully I will have a better week starting tomorrow!

Last edited by KimberlyP; 03-15-2011 at 07:36 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:03 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

mercury my husband doesn't eat well.. he and i eat separately, and generally always have. he's like 170lbs tops and can eat pizza, drink soda all day, breadsticks. anything and look the way he does... (not to say there probably isnt any diabetes at this point).. so he and i just eat separately - but i still prepare most of this food
Old 03-15-2011, 08:35 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Kim: I hope you find something that helps you get back on track. This has been your focus for so long maybe you need to take a little bit of a break? Or reward yourself in another way?

My wife and I are both on WW so that's nice. We go to meetings together and usually go out to eat afterwards. We don't always make the same choices, though. She has more daily points than me and she works in a restaurant with very rich food and will often eat things that I'd never dream of eating. She also loses at a much faster rate. It's frustrating but I try not to compare our weight loss. My successes are still successes even if it's not as fast, right?
With my loss last night my points went down again. Now I'm at 33.

We also only have Zumba offered 3x/week. I think I might go tonight (there's a class called Zumba sculpt, can't imagine what that is) and a friend and I are talking about going to a spin class on Thursday (ack!).
Old 03-15-2011, 09:18 AM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
Kim: I hope you find something that helps you get back on track. This has been your focus for so long maybe you need to take a little bit of a break? Or reward yourself in another way?
I hope so too because this has been difficult! In the beginning I was so focused and determined, now I'm becoming lazy with my tracking. I still workout almost everyday and pretty hardcore but all the work I'm putting in at the gym isn't going to matter if I keep over eating.

I'm too comfortable with myself! Not sure how to reward myself but I did say when I reached the 100lb mark I would get a new tattoo. The only issue with that is I'm going to be working EMS and I already have 3. Don't want my patients thinking I'm a freak!! LOL! Maybe I'll make a trip to the salon and treat myself that way instead, seems safer!
Old 03-15-2011, 09:36 AM   #38  

You could always get a tattoo with less noticeable placement? I have only one on my right shoulder (but it's an awesome one -- a haunted house with 'Spooky' underneath in big drippy letters lol) but definitely want more. I am definitely rewarding myself when I get to my 10%. It has been everything from a new Coach bag to a kindle to a bicycle lol. I can't decide what it is that I want.
You've accomplished a lot. You are an inspiration to many people here. It's ok to loosen up a bit and be comfortable at the weight you are now before you buckle down and lose the rest. Is your goal weight the maximum WW weight for your height? My leader suggests going for that and making lifetime and then maybe deciding if you want to continue losing after you maintain for a bit.

As an aside, to Kim (and others): who is on facebook? I need friends that post about things other than how much pizza and beer they had last night (or how drunk they are going to get on Thursday). Let me know who you are and I will send a friend request!
Old 03-15-2011, 09:36 AM   #39  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

I gained 2lbs this week, but I knew it was coming and was totally prepared for it, so when I stepped on the scale yesterday I wasn't disappointed but, instead, felt motivated to work even harder this week! I think that actually says a lot about the change in my attitude this time around, since in the past I'd always get super upset and bummed about a gain like that. But not this time! It's just an incentive to be more careful watching my points and exercising!

I've never done Zumba, but my sister bought the Wii game and loves it. And I have co-workers who do it twice a week and seem to enjoy it. I just signed up for a modern belly dance class (I guess it's "modern" in the sense of the music they use) and I'm SUPER excited!
Old 03-15-2011, 09:40 AM   #40  

Here is my link! I post my weekly weigh ins and post pictures in my 'Weight Watchers' Album. www.facebook.com/kimberlyandbrianp
Old 03-15-2011, 09:41 AM   #41  

spooky i dont post food on facebook, but i post mostly about my daughter, or stupid things like "hello allergies" was my last post like a day ago =p not exactly fascinating reading
& you're a guy?!?!?! lol

Last edited by Jinksie; 03-15-2011 at 09:41 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:43 AM   #42  

You are super brave. I've thought a lot lately about starting a weight loss blog but I don't want friends & family to know my weight. Which is DUMB because anyone can see that I am overweight and I'm sure it's no big surprise and I post here every day with my weight on my ticker but STILL.
Maybe if I did that number would stop having power over me.
(HAHA I am now channeling my therapist.)

And Tudor Rose, good for you! I am actually considering taking a step class and now I know that I am no longer the same person I was when I started WW. Never in a billion years would I even have considered that in the past. A class? With other people? Fitter than me? Lol.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:44 AM   #43  

@Spooky! Accepted =D
Old 03-15-2011, 09:45 AM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinksie View Post
spooky i dont post food on facebook, but i post mostly about my daughter, or stupid things like "hello allergies" was my last post like a day ago =p not exactly fascinating reading
& you're a guy?!?!?! lol
Um, no. I'm not a guy.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:47 AM   #45  

Quote:
My wife and I are both on WW so that's nice. We go to meetings together and usually go out to eat afterwards. We don't always make the same choices, though. She has more daily points than me and she works in a restaurant with very rich food and will often eat things that I'd never dream of eating. She also loses at a much faster rate. It's frustrating but I try not to compare our weight loss. My successes are still successes even if it's not as fast, right?
With my loss last night my points went down again. Now I'm at 33.
Quote:
Um, no. I'm not a guy.
que?
edit: it occurred to me, after i'd posted this, but i'd already said it, so i left it ^_^ lol

Last edited by Jinksie; 03-15-2011 at 09:49 AM.
Closed Thread