Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 10:40 AM   #31  

Welcome Anne, I have been in the position to see photos of myself and it is what I would refer to as "jarring" for sure. The worst photo of all was when I renewed my driver's license and, sadly, I have to deal with that for four years!
I went through two healthy cookbooks this morning and made up my shopping list. I just got back from the grocery store and wrote out a menu that will get me through until Friday for our evening meals. I'm proud of myself and hope I can stick to it.
We're having grilled sirloin tips tonight with oven roasted potatoes and veggies (done in olive oil on a high temp) and I will have a nice salad along with it. Tomorrow is corn crisp chicken (which I love) and I found a crock pot recipe for what is called "corn pudding". It uses creamed corn, a corn bread boxed mix (Jiffy) as well as frozen corn and a few other ingredients. It sounds "interesting" and different. I'm bored with the same old stuff, so it's time to go through cookbooks and find things that are tasty and not as boring.
No word on my aunt yet, I keep waiting for the phone to ring.
Linda
Old 01-22-2007, 11:25 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 201/172/128

Height: 5 feet 0 inches

Okay I had to get on real quick because I just had my first WW berry and Creme muffin!! OMGOSH!!! I felt like I was cheating!! I could have ate that whole box!! I have lost 2 more pounds since weighing in on Saturday but sense I can't add it to my WW ticker until next Saturday I will hold off on the rest of the muffins! Ha ha ha
Old 01-22-2007, 11:56 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 193/189/158

Height: 5'10

Well thanks everyone for the suggestions with regard to drinking more water, I'm definitely doing that today. Over the weekend I was eating those Tyson grilled chicken strips in a wrap, and I looked on the back to check the sodium content and it was like almost 500 mg or something, so is a lot.

Linda- I totally agree with you in being bored with the same old foods. I felt like I've been eating salad nonstop for like two monhts straight. So last week I found this www.flatoutbread.com has anyone ever heard of it? So good, and one piece is only 1 point, and if you go to their website it tells you where you can find it, and gives a lot of great recipes. Today I made a little pizza with one, fat-free mozz. cheese and turk. pepperoni, pretty good!

Paige- I totally had a day like yours on Saturday, my 2 yr. old was lovin' life, cause I just kept going back into the pantry for snack after snack. I'm pretty sure I stayed withing my points, cause everything was like 1-2 points, but too much of a good thing can be bad too. It's just been so cold here, we've got two sick kids, and I'm just feeling a little stir crazy.

Kiwi- wow you are really cookin' now with your weight loss, keep it up whatever your doing, and please share!

Barriemom-welcome!!

Bye for now.../.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:30 PM   #34  

Hi there everyone, I've been out of here for so long I have no idea who most of you are! Linda, however, is my dear friend who I have chatted to on 3fc for around 2 and a half years now, can you believe it?
Anyway, to cut a long story short, I'm so off the weight watchers wagon that my butt is dragging on the floor. I've been so bad and I'm not at all impressed with myself. Since last May when I got back off vacation, so much has happened in my life that my healthy eating went completely out of the window. We sold our house, which all seemed to take forever to happen, and the stress of it all just made me resort, (as always) to the food cupboard. Now, with Christmas well out of the way, I'm taking a good long look at myself and I don't like what I see. I think I'm now about 20# over goal weight and my clothes are not only feeling tight but look rubbish too.

So what do I do...I come back to my friends here for the support I know you can give me.

I have been pretty good today, having a low fat chilli sauce with brown rice for dinner tonight and I've been having some very healthy homemade muesli for breakfast which is great, because I don't get the 'munchies' until lunchtime. My portion sizes have to be reduced again, and my water intake has to rise again.

So much to do, but I did it before, I know I can do it again.

So inspire me ladies..please!

By the way Linda, hope you get news of your Aunt soon, waiting for bad news is never easy. Take care. xx
Old 01-22-2007, 01:21 PM   #35  
Kimmy

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/130

Height: 5 foot nada

So far so good today. Just got off the treadmill for an houor. Feel better at doing that. It's amazing how you miss it when you don't do it for a few days.

Kim
Old 01-22-2007, 03:04 PM   #36  

Good afternoon all! I've had a pretty good day so far. I made it to the Y and did 30 min cardio and 25 min weight training. Eating has been ok today, too.

Dawny-Welcome back! I remember you from before. You'll get back to your goal weight, no problem!

Hope you all are having a great day!
Old 01-22-2007, 04:20 PM   #37  
barb

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone, Hope you all are well. It is cold here The boys are outside again playing.... Tom is my wi and I am nervous. Worried about the cake and ice cream.. I had a great workout today..I walked ion the tread for 25 min and than went to my cardio jam class. She killed me like always but I am happy a good feeling. I am so watching waht I am eating today....I have only had 10 pts so far. I made a stew for dinner which is only 5 pts so hopefully that will keep me full and make up for all my damage done this week. Tom start fresh with a new week and a loss I hope.

I know what you feel about thode photos...They do make you relize just how bad you have gotten.,I have caught reflections in windows that make me sooo very sad..... Oh well in due time Hopefully that will change...See yah
Old 01-22-2007, 07:31 PM   #38  

Well, seeing the numbers go up on the scale has finally gotten the best of me tonight, I've eaten way too much chocolate today. My DH, and two DD's are all home sick today, so the stress of that could be part of it. I've been waiting on everyone all day. I did manage to sneak off to the gym though when everyone was napping, so that was good. Tomorrow is a new day, I just need to have today over with.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:04 AM   #39  

Hi everyone,
Well I think I am finally coming down with whatever one else in the house has. I was really hoping that I wasn't going to get hit with it. I just need to focus on staying healthy as we leave for our Vegas trip on Friday.

Last night, I stayed up and read through the WW week 5 material "Tools for Living". That really woke me up to a lot of things. It brought me back to being focused on why I want to lose the weight. Since Thanksgiving when I started, I have steadily lost 16 pounds, without any real gains until now (4 unexplained pounds). Well, I need to get real with myself. Last night I did something that I thought was well in my past (melt peanut butter and throw in a handful of chocolate chips). As I was eating it, I was thinking to myself, see this is exactly one of the things that I thought was harmless, but then once I was doing it everynight (among other things) I ended up 35 pounds overweight! Well, thanks everyone for listening....
Old 01-23-2007, 08:28 AM   #40  
Kimmy

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/130

Height: 5 foot nada

Just wanted to drop in and say good night. Just got home from work and I'm beat. I had to stick around this morning and wait for the Optical place to open. DS broke his glasses and he needs new frames. Luckly the warranty isn't up yet. It's up on the 30th of Jan. Just in time...

Hope you all have a great OP day. I plan on it. I have to weigh in tomorrow night. Think I mainatined though.

TTYS
Kim
Old 01-23-2007, 09:07 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 201/172/128

Height: 5 feet 0 inches

Smile

Good Morning everyone
I exercise in about 2 minutes so I will make it short. Erica, I'm not a chocolate fan but I love creamed filled sweets. So that is a major weakness for me. I just had to quit buying it. If its in the house I will eventually break down and eat it. I know that sounds easier said than done. My logic was at first why should I deprive my family because I'm on a diet.
Well, I finally realized that this is a change of eating habits not just a diet and if its good for me then its good for them. That creme filled stuff isn't good for them either and so why tempt them or me.

Throw out the chocolate!

gotta go
Kiwi
Old 01-23-2007, 10:56 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

Erica and Kiwi - I know exactly where you are. I had to throw away every piece of chocolate in my house. I'm just not strong enough at this point to have it there. I need to keep on track for a bit and stay OP this week and a bit before I can have it back in my house. Chocolate is very bad for me late at night. I can actually hear it whisper my name like the devil that it is. Oh how I love chocolate. In the deep dark of winter, it's trying to rear it's ugly head and defeat me. I WILL NOT LET IT!!!!

Had my yogurt and oatmeal for breakfast. The Fit 'n Trim yogurt from Dannon is only 1 pt!!!! WOW - I just assume it was 2 pts like all the rest of the lf-sf stuff. I don't like the lemon chiffon one but the rest have been very tasty
Old 01-23-2007, 12:35 PM   #43  
burned out bus driver

Been busy here, and I am up to my eyeballs this week. this is my big hour off.......
Got on the treadmill this am.....have dinner under control......and so far my eating is good (oatmeal, tea and a banana)
Sorry not to get personal..thanks for the heads up on the yogurt Laura. I love the stuff, myself and eat WW yogurt a lot.
Take care
Ginny
Old 01-23-2007, 01:25 PM   #44  

Hi all...so far so good today. I made it to the Y again this morning. I have yet to get back on that new hard eliptical, but I didn't feel so bad about it today when I saw a "regular" get on and then get back off after just a few minutes. My eating has been good so far today, too. Today we're finally going grocery shopping, but we have to make it last till next Thursday. We're really trying to be strict on budgeting. I'm going to take my pts calculator with me and see what new, healthier things I can find.

I'm not a big chocolate fan (unless there isn't anything else to eat...hence me having to chuck the chocolate chips over the weekend!!!) My weakness is baked goods (ESPECIALLY cake!) I was craving cake soooooo badly over the weekend. I was thankful that I had taken those brownies that I made down to my neighbor, but I've been awfully tempted to go and ask for them back!!! LOL! I've been ok the last few days because I've let myself have 1/2 of one of my dds oatmeal sandwich cookies. They seem to satisfy me enough that I don't go into "binge mode."

Anyway...I guess I should go get cleaned up and changed. Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 01-23-2007, 01:44 PM   #45  

Hi, made it back here, second day in a row, its like a miracle!

Had a sort-of good day, although I did pinch a piece of shortbread at work, not a large piece. I feel a bit naughty and guilty. They really shouldn't leave it lying around! It was someone's leftovers from Christmas. Why don't people throw away their leftovers before someone falls off the wagon and eats it? Especially something yummy like shortbread. Do you guys have shortbread? If not, its like a cookie, (I think scottish in origin) very rich and buttery and soooo gorgeous that to stick to one piece is a sin in itself. Anyhow, I did stick to the one and now I really have to watch what I eat tonight. I will try. Now I've started, I really must continue.

I even walked AJ to school this morning, then on to work. It was freezing, temperature was about -2 but the sky was blue and the sun was shining so it seemed a good idea at the time. We had snow at the weekend, although not much. Thats two days in a row we've walked the school 'run', tomorrow again? We'll see how cold it is first. Thats my exercise limit. With work etc, there's not alot of time for much else.

Right, better go. AJ is in the bath and if I don't get him now he could well shrivel to the size of a raisin!

Back soon, take care all.
Closed Thread