Supporting Each Other on Our Weight Loss Journey - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 07:59 PM   #1  

Thumbs up Supporting Each Other on Our Weight Loss Journey

Well, we're off to a great start in 2007!
Join those of us who have been chatting for awhile and we will help you as you will help us.
This is a great thread.
We have a group of great people who are posting what is going on in their lives and we are working together. Sometimes I feel like our group is kind of like a mini dose of a WW meeting on a daily basis. We're making it work!
C'mon and join us and we'll help each other. We talk about what works and what doesn't work. We share recipes and we applaud and we sympathize!
Linda
Old 01-18-2007, 08:22 PM   #2  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for the new thread Linda, you're right on Sorry you have to endure more and more snow, but I am thinking thoughts of spring for you

Paige, that is funny about the guy on the elliptical getting off at the same time as you...and it's ok if you were checking him out because having some eye candy isn't a crime, plus it isn't any calories I just read your profile and wanted to comment that I think it's so neat that you are pursuing becoming a chef. My BIL lives in San Francisco and is a pastry chef at hotel, I can't remember if its a Sheraton or a Hilton hotel. I love looking at pictures of cakes he's done, although he never wants to bake for us while visiting

Lyn! You will find this group really motivating, I know I do. It is great that you work for a comany that offers all the extras like the work out room and classes. Hope to get to know you better. I am only on my 2nd week of WW but it's my 3rd time around so I'm not exactly new to it

djm, your salad sounds great. It doesn't sound like it's high in points at all, plus the healthy oil servings should be in there somewhere right?

Kiwi, in HI public schools they teach Hawaiiana in the 4th grade (at least they used to when I was there 20+ years ago ). I don't know the language per se, but growing up here you use words from the plantation days which is a mish-mash of Hawaiian, Chinese, Japanese, Filipino....etc, basically all the ethnic groups that emigrated here to work. That is really funny about your mom calling your dad haole, i'm sure if she was upset w/him she wasn't using it in a positive way . That is pretty awesome that your mom is sending the CD's to you, the language and culture is definitely not as widespread around here as you'd think.

Erica, you're welcome for the info on TJ's. I would just ask the hotel concierge where the nearest one is, they are usually really helpful and knowledgeable. Have fun on your trip.

Well, I guess I should get back to my work instead of chit-chatting. See ya girls tomorrow.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:50 PM   #3  
focus on me

Smile

Been over a week since I've been here to even look. But Tuesday at weigh-in, I lost 7.4!!!!!! OMG!!!! I was hoping for 5. I am so happy, but the past two days I have been sabotaging myself in mini-doses. I don't know why I do it. It's like the 3 steps forward, 2 steps back thing. So, tomorrow, I'm back on it. I have been writing my meals down, it's just that I've had a sweet tooth also.

Linda, having WW at work is a great thing. You have to have a certain amount of people before they will come to you and depending on the number, you get a certain amount of weeks. I think we have 15 or more and we're doing a 15 week program(?). I'm very lucky that my employer promotes it and supports us by giving a cash back incentive. If we lose 10 lbs in the 15 weeks, they give us half our money back. We also have a workout room with mostly cardio equipment and some weights, but when the day is over, I want to go home. Another great thing about having it at work is the built in support system. We email the whole group with recipes and ideas.

Sorry to hear your having such bad weather. I'm in the Cincinnati area and we've been very fortunate till this week. It's had been hanging around the 50's but now we have freezing temps. We had 3 days of rain and some areas flooded. Then when that passed, it got cold. Guess we're lucky the 2 fronts didn't hit at the same time or we'd be knee-deep in snow.

I keep telling myself to get on the treadmill (I have a mini-gym in my dining room since I don't eat in there), but like you said it is so hard to get motivated. I'll just keep reading through the thread and get motivation from everyone else!
Old 01-18-2007, 09:42 PM   #4  
barb

Height: 5'7

Wow a 7 pd loss that is so wonderful..... You are doing something right.

I am having a hard time today. Munching up a storm.... I needto stop cuz I need those extra pts for this weekend. The only thing I have going for me is that I have been working out. I will have to do an exercise everyday this weekend too. ARGH.... A break would be nice but I need to see the scale move.

I made thAT tuna from whole foods my calculations said 2.5 pts a serving could that be correct???? It really only had 1/2 cup of I think it was light mayo that rest was artichokes , olives , onions , lemon and spices . I have no idea if I do the cal right but it was sooo yummy. mY dh and boy loved it too. Good lunch for them both.....

Sorry to hear that some of you are still sick . Man I hope you kick that bug in the butt. Do not worry about working out just build your strength back... And drink your water..... See ya all
Old 01-18-2007, 10:48 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 201/172/128

Height: 5 feet 0 inches

Smile

Hi everyone,

How is everyone doing? Had a great night. I didn't make the Mexican dish like I thought I would. I forgot to pick up a few ingredients so I opted for a salad and chicken.

Congratulations on losing over 7 pounds!! Take a bow cause you are the Queen! That is so great! I'm hoping for a good week. Not that good but it would be exciting!!

Noelle, My moms maiden name is Puana. I'm not sure how common that name is over there. It maybe as common as Smith is here. Wouldn't it be funny if you knew some of my family.

Well, my dog had puppies so I'm going to go stare at them awhile.

Chat later
Kiwi
Old 01-19-2007, 05:35 AM   #6  

I just typed this HUGE thing to you all, hit the refresh "button" instead of the spellcheck and lost it all. What a bummer. At least you all know that you are worthy of spell check.
Hmmm... I can't take the time to resurrect my entire post, but I"ll be back later on after making breakfast for my daughter and getting her out the door to school.
Congrats on the 7.4 pound loss, that is HUGE! Keep up the good work. If that was your first weigh in, though, don't be disappointed if next week's loss isn't as big. The first week on WW is usually your best week and then afterwards losses still happen, but they are not quite a big. I'm proud of you, though!
My scale tells me that I am about a pound up from last week. As you all know, I used my no weigh in pass last week. I really want to get that pound off and then some before next Tuesday's meeting.
It's CORE beef stew (my own creation) night tonight. I'm going to toss the stuff in my crock pot and let it cook all day. If we lose power (a huge possibility) I can transfer to a big heavy duty pot I have and put it on top of the wood stove, as I'll certainly be building a fire.
I'll be back later on, if we still have power.
Linda
Old 01-19-2007, 04:05 PM   #7  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

I went to my WI a day early since this weekend will be a big blur to me, and I was down -4.2 lbs . I am so happy!!! Everytime I have these big initial losses on WW I always want to kick myself for not starting sooner, you know what I mean?

Linda, sorry you were a victim of the post-eating monster. So you're up a pound from last week, all we can do is "go through it, to get to it" (the goal).... or so what was the latest saying from my meeting this morning.

Kiwi, I don't know any Puana's personally but that is definitely a Hawaiian name . I'm a dog-lover here, what kind of dog do you have and how many pups??? (can you tell I'm excited?)

djm, yes i do think you probably calculated those points correctly, it's just tuna in water right? with the greens and other veggies. That sounds like a great salad.

and to Take a deep breath with the 7 lbs loss, WAY TO GO !!!

Hope everyone has a great day. I gotta go get some food, I am starving!
Old 01-19-2007, 04:17 PM   #8  

Great job with the 4.2 pound loss!
No news here, a very quiet day for me.
I did get on my treadmill today and I am proud of myself.
Linda
Old 01-19-2007, 05:12 PM   #9  
barb

Hi guys had another great workout today... I was so sore from yesterday,we were working withthe bands and the instructor noticed I was suffering....She ran next to me to keep me going..AGH I will feel this all tom. Dh and I just finished a conversation about how this is going to be a slow process. It is so different this time around. Before if I was not down 16 in a month I would quit. Not this time. I relize now that I have elements working against me (Thyroid) and any weight loss is good. I am not saying that I will not be a big baby and pout with a small loss but I will see it from a different perspective this time around.

Going out to dinner tom night for my bday.. Looking forward to a night out wih the dh. It has been a while since we have gone out alone and he wined and dined me. We use to go out once a month. Since we have moved to a new state it is harder cuz my mom is not here to babysit. We do get babysitters but it is nice not to have to pay for one.

We are watching movies tonight. Taking it easy and I will drink my tea or water. Tommorrow will be the drinking night.... Have a good evening.
Congrads on those great losses........
Old 01-19-2007, 07:38 PM   #10  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Gee, we have a lot of big losers here....lets hope it is contagious! Congrats to each of you.

Happy Bday DJM!!!!!
Linda- did you keep the power.....thanks for starting the new thread.
Kiwi- congrats on the puppies..how old are they?
Noele- 4.2# is a great loss!!!!!!

Got my work schedule for next week- I might not be here at all...it is going to be a long, long week- many hours of work. I seriously do not know how I will get anything done- especially workouts.........going to have to opt for mini walks (15 min or less).
I am finally starting to feel "normal" from the stomach bug.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Ginny
Old 01-19-2007, 07:53 PM   #11  
ugggg.....

Sorry I have been MIA, between working a lot,the stress of work and the neck pain I just wasn't able to sit and type at night after being on the computer and phone all day. The one hour massage did wonders--she said I was very knotted up and I need to go back again soon but I already feel so much better!! Started WW two Fridays ago, last Friday I lost a whopping 1/2 pound and was a little dissappointed, I started my TOM and was bloated so I was a little worried but I have been doing really good with staying on plan and drinking water, to my suprise I lost another 4 pounds this week--I was so excited!!

I will bbl when I don't have so many posts to catch up on and can start again from this point!!
Old 01-19-2007, 11:46 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 201/172/128

Height: 5 feet 0 inches

Smile

Congratulations to all of you for the big losses!! Tomorrow morning is my day to weigh in and I was thinking about 4 pounds but hoping for 5 because I get the key chain if I lose 5!! ha ha
Anyway I've been doing really good but tonight we went out with friends and ate at a Mexican restaurant. I drank water and NO chips. I guess we'll know tomorrow if I over did it.

I have dachshunds. Weiner dogs. They are 2 days old. One is Black and tan and the other is white with black spots. The daddy is a miniature dapple dachshund and the mother is miniature black and tan. Soooo cute!

Well I'm beat! I'll chat later

Kiwi
Old 01-20-2007, 09:12 AM   #13  

Happy Birthday DJM!!! I'm wondering if you will ignore WW for one night and have what you want to have for your b'day meal out? I hate to say this, but that is something I would do. Though, I might have the lite dressing and order a bit conservatively? Let us know how you do. My b-day is less than a month away and I have to say that I fully expect to kind of go "off program" for just one night.
Ginny, we did keep power, so far. However, we've just had some fresh snow on top of the ice and 50 - 60 mph winds are expected this afternoon, there are still several families in NH without power from the storm we had previously this week. They are warning that we might have major power outages later on. Keep your fingers crossed for us!
Jules, congrats on the loss. AND, no matter if it's a .2 two loss or a 4 pound loss, it's still a loss. I remind myself all the time that I am in it for the long run and if it takes me two or three years to finally realize my goal weight, so be it. I think I have finally "got it" when it comes to eating right. Though, there was an open bag of chocolate chips in my cabinet that I came across yesterday and couldn't resist a small handful. I was looking for biscuit mix to make biscuits to go with my healthy CORE stew and there were the chips.... the bag was opened, left from Christmas baking.
In fact, I JUST went to the cabinet and threw out the two bags, one chocolate and the other p'nut butter chips. If they are gone, the temptation will not be with me any longer. It's funny that an unopened bag can sit there forever and I'm not tempted, but an open bag calls my name!
Kiwi, hope your loss is a good one. Those puppies sound as if they would be darling! Lucky you to have them! Will they be sold, as it sounds like they are purebreds? What did you end up having at the Mexican place?
Today, I hope to get back on the treadmill again. Drink water, make sure I get those healthy oils in (my losses seem to be better when I am getting those oils in) and I know we will eat dinner out tonight. I don't know where we will go and what we will have.... could be a problem? We'll see.
Take care, Happy Saturday!
Linda
Old 01-20-2007, 10:18 AM   #14  
ugggg.....

Kiwi--Mexican is my weakness!! There is a girl at my ww meetings that saved her 35 extra points for week and ate at a local restaurant and still managed to lose over 40 pounds--she figured out what she could get for those points and stuck to it--she did say the hardest part was limiting herself a small portion of chips. Good luck on the wi - hope you get your key chain!! Another .5 pound and I am at 5 too.

Linda--I am trying to have that attitude myself--a loss no matter how small is a loss and if I have a bad week and gain I am going to get a mind set that I will just do better the next week. I threw out my leftover chocolate chips too--I did the same thing and grabbed a small handful before thinking--I figured up the points and wrote them down--TOM is the only time I crave chocolate so I don't want them there as a temptation--I got some low fat chocolate pudding at the store this week to grab instead!! I have to start making sure I get the oils myself--I have been working on the dairy first--I am not a milk drinker at all--never have been.

Hi to everyone else!!
Old 01-20-2007, 10:55 AM   #15  
barb

Hi everyone, Linda not sure what I am going to do..... I have over 20 flex pts for the next 3 days and I may try to eat low pt foods for lunch...... We are going to a fish place so I am sure I will have the fish..I really want to have a loss this week. I am mor worried about the cake and Ice cream part with the kids. I would like to make the pumpkin mousse but not sure if they will like it. I think I will pick out the ice cream so I can have a low cal one.. Hopefully they will let me....... Anyway I will let you knpow how I do.... I am so exciting about getting out I am sure I will end up going all out....... Have a great day.I have a birthday party to bring my little one to, we are seeing a movie and we have a basketball gam today. WHEW no time to workout....Chat later.....
Closed Thread