Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 05:50 PM   #1  
banned

Default Monthly challenge: january 2007

ok guys!
happy new year!!

i wqill be rejoining you all in a few days i have a party to go to next weekend and them im in.

my goals are to slowly start exercising again
feeling successful in other ways aside from the scale
comit to core
Old 01-01-2007, 06:49 AM   #2  
focused and aiming

thanks for starting this challenge, andrea. i'm in! my birthday is jan. 7 but i had my cake yesterday and don't plan to have any more soon. i'm up super early for me and am rereading my ww materials. my plan is to approach weight loss with the same enthusiasm that i had when i first joined. i am going to get back into a regular exercise routine, chug the water, and eat wisely.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

Hi Andrea! Thanks for the January Challenge. I do well with mini-goals and I would encourage everyone to make them and join in one of them that are posted here.

My goals for January 2007

1. Refocus on WW, reread my materials
2. Water, water, water
3. Journal, Journal, Journal
4. Exercise at least 5 days a week
5. Lose 5 lbs by 1-31-07
6. PLAN - PLAN - PLAN - it is the key to sucess with WW

Enjoy myself, relax more and be content in knowing that only I can do this and I CAN DO THIS!!!!!!

You know what - I can't tell you how wonderful it felt to pull jammies and shirts out of my closet and they button over my chest. What a wonderful NSV!!!!!
Old 01-01-2007, 12:15 PM   #4  
banned

hey target! welcome! happy bday!! my grampys is the 4th and my aunts is the 8th. im starting right afterr grampys party next weekend and i read all the new ww stuff and am prepping for a fresh start!

hi rosie! im gladb to hear youre feelin better! we can don this guys! im determined to make today better than yest. gotta start somewhere!
Old 01-01-2007, 12:57 PM   #5  
focused and aiming

rose, that must have been an awesome feeling. don't you love it!

okay, andrea, but hurry up. we need you.
Old 01-01-2007, 07:56 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 225.5/219.5/135

Height: 5ft 1in

Default Happy New Year

Hello everyone.....I want to jump in on the challenge. Is there a spacific goal or does everyone choose one of there own. This is my first challenge.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:41 PM   #7  
focused and aiming

we're just setting our own goals. jump right in.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:54 PM   #8  
banned

hi guys!

yay chris you made it! nope set your own goals/own pace

hi target! thanks i know.... i DEF need to hurry but im taking this time for mental prep so maybe i wont fail again for the zillionth time. i already set some physical and emotional goals in my new journal and will core shop sat or sunday.

chris do you still want to join the other challenge or are you good right here? any decision you make is ok w me

that reminds me if any of you want to play the flexcore chall on ww.com tell me
Old 01-01-2007, 09:29 PM   #9  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

Hi! I've been losing and gaining and losing 10 pounds for the past 3 months. I'm resolved to settle down now My goal is losing 20 pounds by March 31 (and 20 pounds each quarter this year). If I lose more than that, great. But I'll be happy with the 20. I have to have minor surgery later in the year, probably the summer, and the less blubber I have the better it will go

Focusing this month on:

planning and eating to plan

making sure to have back up food if Plan A doesn't work out -- carrying protein bars if I get stuck in meetings, having frozen dinners if my creations don't pan out

drinking water!!

walking at least 20 minutes a day

that's enough to start Happy new year everyone!
Old 01-01-2007, 11:24 PM   #10  
focused and aiming

i'm another serial rejoiner. first time i joined ww was in oct 1968. i lost count decades ago on how many times i'd rejoined. let's work together and get to goal this time.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:44 PM   #11  
banned

i think most off us have joined several times sandra(i know im guilty!)

welcome xan! those sound like great goals!
Old 01-02-2007, 08:57 AM   #12  
Mum of 3 boys

S/C/G: 255/242/185

Height: Short

I'm in. This year we are going to the beach (we normally do this every other year) and we have 3 weddings to go to, and well, I don't want to be the biggest girl at the party. So here are my goals:

Short term goal: Water, I don't drink enough, I don't like it. I use to love it, so more water.
Midterm Goals: More movement, I teach all day and well it's not enough so I'm going walking, 30 min a day 5 days a week, and whatever else I can think of to just get me moving.
Weekly weigh ins, to not get off track. There was 3 yrs where I refused to step on the scale, it was not my friend.
Long term goal: Lose 90 lbs, I know I can, I just don't know how long it will take me. So This is one I will be working on all year long.
Thanks for setting up this challenge.
Good Luck to all.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:55 AM   #13  
banned

hi guys! whats up?

welcome tiger! a water tip: i like to use 32 oz powerade bottles cuz theyre nice and strong. i dump out the huice and fill it w a little bit of crystal light lemonade and then fill it all the way w water... maybe try that. i couldnt get it dn w/o it.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:22 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

I'm drinking my water today with a slice of lemon. Makes it refreshing for me and I enjoy it this way. Do what it takes to drink it Tiger. It becomes second nature after a bit. I have been known to freeze a bottle of water and leave it in my bag or car so I have cold water to drive home with at night
Old 01-02-2007, 02:01 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 225.5/219.5/135

Height: 5ft 1in

Ok I am on my to be measured and weighed in (yuk). I am going to set a goal of 15lbs by Valentines day 10lbs by the last day of Jan. Ok have to go to wk will let you know how it goes
Closed Thread