Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 11:05 AM   #106  
Kimmy

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/130

Height: 5 foot nada

Just got off the treadmill. Another hour done. Keep up on the treadmill Linda.

Kiwi24 I'll see about getting some pictures and posting them so you can see Newfoundland.

Better go and grab a bite to eat.

TTYS
kim
Old 01-30-2007, 11:13 AM   #107  

Kiwi- It's 24 degrees here and I'm thinking, "Ooooo it's a little bit warmer today!" Where in FL are you? I'm trying to talk dh into moving to Cocoa Beach (Port St John.)
Old 01-30-2007, 12:18 PM   #108  
barb

Height: 5'7

Hi guys, One boy home recovering and the other I sent back to school. The younger one could have gone but I kept him home cuz he said his tummy hurt a little. Tom they have a late start. Not going to get the exercise in today. Oh well no motivation to do the tape. Maybe when dh gets home I will bundle up and fight the weather...It is 16 out there... Very cold......

Linda we live in ohio. we moved from Mi. We are about 3.5 hrs from home. I come from a family of 8 and my dh comes from a family of 7. We are used to large family gatherings and many parties. It has its positives and negatives. Sometimes it is too much family time and other times it is fun to just get together and hang out. I miss my mom and sisters alot. My mom would call and say so so is coming for a visit stop by. I lived a mile from her and we would go over and chat and laugh. She is 79 and won a battle against breast cancer last year. When I moved she discovered it and I just would like to be there for her 100%. She is a strong women. She goes to Arizonia every winter and plays cards 3 times a week. I hope I am like her when I am older.My dh came here for work. We will be here until work runs out than hopefully go back to Mich. We are taking it day by day .I think we will be here until the boys graduate. Which is about 11 years....Oh well We will see.

Good news is I weighed in and I lost 1.8 pds... Whooo. I can change my tracker now to 5 pds.That took a long time. I found a yummy treat last night. I got a fudge cycle and mixed it with a tsp of that peanut butter in a bowl. It tasted like a reces (sp) pnb cup..... That was my little snack . than I had to go to bed cuz I was craving the sweets last night.

You go girls on the working out..... Hey do a work out for me in case I do not make it today....See yah I think I may have to clean my bathrooms too. Thanks for reminding me...
Old 01-30-2007, 01:24 PM   #109  
Kimmy

I wish the bathrooms would learn how to clean themselves . I walked at a fast pace for an hour on the treadmill today. I am in the middle of cleaning the bathrooms and needed to post....excuses, excuses..

Kim
Old 01-30-2007, 02:03 PM   #110  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello Ladies...

Sorry I've not gotten back to post sooner...lots of posts!

NOELLE...of course I remember you! I almost jumped in on your thread in the support group but have trouble keeping up with everyone, as you ladies can see, lol. I've thought about you lots...especially when DS was stationed in Honolulu. I am planning on a visit when he gets back from Iraq...maybe we can meet-up.

And THANK YOU ladies for the welcome!

KIM...I hear ya about the bathrooms. I don't mind cleaning the rest of the house but the bathrooms for me are the worst! Just don't like cleaning them, but it has to be done so...WTG on your walk.

DJMommy...WTG on the loss! Hope you guys get to feeling better. I hate to see the little ones sick. It's cold here too! Brrrrr, not sure of the temp but that wind is keeping the snow (what's left of it) from melting.

Hi to everyone else I will try to keep up on this thread so that I can get to know each of you better and can do individuals without feeling overwhelmed with all the posts.

I did a 3 mile walk this morning, doing great with the eating, and half more than half my water down. Monday's WI I was down 4 pounds! let me tell ya, I was so scared to get on those scales for some reason. I think I was worried I would have much of a loss if any. Just makes me want to work harder this week. That first week was a challenge for me but I know once I get menu's done and get in the habit of counting the points, figuring the portion sizes and such it will be easy.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 01-30-2007, 02:06 PM   #111  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hello ladies, we have had 60 mph wind gusts and sheets of rain just coming down...oh, and monster surf so it's not a beautiful day in Hawaii right now. Kiwi, I DO know what you mean about freezing. For me it's anything below 65at home If I'm on the mainland and it's 40 I love it because I expect it, I don't expect it at home at all. I'm nice and snug indoors w/my coffee though.

Cristina, BIG CONGRATS on your first WI!!! Woo-Hoo, 4 lbs down Hey, didn't I sell you that WATP tape a long time ago? Your DH is in Iraq? I will add him to my prayer requests. Sure, give me a holler if you're ever in Honolulu. You're welcome to jump in on the support group thread at any time. We have had a bunch of regulars but they come and go, they are all like sisters to me.

djm, hope the kiddos are better soon. I come from a family of 7 girls. We all live here though, and get together almost every weekend. I can't imagine having to move away from them and not be able to just drive over and visit, even though they get on my nerves sometimes. Congrats on your weight loss!

Kim, great job on the treadmill

Linda, how was your WI? You may get that .2 or more because you are so diligent in your efforts. And you're so right about it getting harder to lose as you get older. I could drop weight so easily in my 20's. I'm only in my mid-30's now and it's hard as heck. I better get it off now so I don't have to worry into my 40's and 50's...yeah, wishful thinking

Paige, hope your DDs are getting better as well. It's never easy when you have sick little ones.

Ann, captions are great whether you are exercising or vacuuming the house or blow drying your hair... Have any of you noticed weird typos when reading the captions? Like whoever is doing the typing is just doing it phonetically? Now that's entertainment.

Hi Ginny

I'm getting a little nervous about my upcoming knee surgery next Monday. More so the recovery than the actual procedure. Oh well, hopefully I'll be better than brand new after it's done and I can get back to walking again.

Gotta get back to work. Chat later.
Old 01-30-2007, 02:27 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 201/172/128

Height: 5 feet 0 inches

I live in Panama City Fl. Beautiful white sand beaches!! There aren't to many beaches like ours. We moved here when my son was 6 and had never seen the beach. When he saw it he asked " is that snow?" He was talking about the sand and couldn't understand why it there was snow everywhere but it was so warm.

The blue water is so clear you can see everything around you. I love crabbing. I enjoy the heat of the sun on my back as I walk out into the cool waters with a net and scoop the crabs up while I watch the sting rays swimming around me and the dolphins playing in the distance. Then that night we will have a crab boil which includes whole corn and potatoes, and invite everyone over to enjoy the feast that has been prepared.
Tiki Lamps burning, music playing, and the aroma of the seasoning being used in the crab boil just enhances the mood of the evening!
aaaahhhhh!!!! I love my life and I can't wait for it to warm back up!!!
Old 01-30-2007, 04:07 PM   #113  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Back again for a few minutes before logging off.

KIWI...ahhh, you are making me really miss the beach, and wishing I was in Florida! I lived in CA for many years and haven't been back in quite a few, but I lived at the beach!

NOELLE... thank you! DS#2 is in Iraq...driving his mommy crazy. Of course it probably isn't doing much for him either. But he wanted to be there so...before he told me where he would be stationed he said "you are going to be mad" I told him I wasn't mad because at least he would get to see places he wouldn't otherwise see. He loves it there, Hawaii that is. Hates Iraq. And yes, you did sell me the WATP video and I love it! Still use it but not as much as I used to. Will pull it out once in a while when I tire of the treadmill and can't walk outdoors, which was one day last week.

Hi to everyone else again! Better get off this thing.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:25 PM   #114  
Kimmy

I'm off to my swimming lesson now. I don't know if they will teach me much tonight. There are two of us that are way ahead of the rest of the class so we may just be practicing what we know so far. Will post later on tonight to see how everyone is.

Kim
Old 01-30-2007, 07:30 PM   #115  
barb

Height: 5'7

You all are amazing how do you remember what everyone wrote... Wow... You all are doing such a terrific job on the workouts too. Way to go...
I will Pray for All those in the military. Is there an email address to write to those who are in the military? My boys would live to do something like that. If there is let me know. Even a good old fashion letter would be good for them to write.

Boys are both better. I am feeling a funny thing in my throat and my body feels weak. I hope I did not catch the cold. Early to bed tonight.

Made a great meal today or should I say planned a good meal and than it all went to H#$l. I started to make califlower potatoes,Which we all love...I broke the blender cuz I stuck a fork in it to get the veggies moving....DUMB...Than I over cooked my broccli....So I made a quick instant pot for the boys and that turned out runny.....The pork roast was good and salad... Of course my dh kept saying good meal... Yah right he knew Iwas so MAD.It is so much easier to eat out.......oh well I do not need food any way.. LOL have a great night.....
Old 01-30-2007, 08:04 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 201/172/128

Height: 5 feet 0 inches

Yeah I was trying to send warm thoughts to all of you suffering in the cold.

I went to Walmart today and they now have the WW bread and muffins and cereal! I've never seen it before and the bread is 1 point for 2 slices. 1 whole Muffin is 1 point. I got there flake cereal thinking it would be like corn flakes. AWFUL!!! It tasted like it had cloves in it. Nasty! I'll read the ingredients next time before buying any of the other cereals.

I wanted to make the mexican soup with refried beans for tomorrow. Could you give me that recipe again and tell me the points on that. Thanks

Well DH is home for dinner then needs to get on computer to start his lessons so I'll let you go.

Kiwi
Old 01-30-2007, 08:08 PM   #117  

Hah! Kiwi, 40 degrees and freezing! Come visit me here in New Hampshire and I'll show you freezing! If it was 40 here today, people would be out in T shirts saying if "feels like spring".
But, I do understand, just being silly! If you are used to 60 or 70 this time of year, then 40 is pretty darned cold. I would imagine you don't have the heating system or clothing to accommodate cold like that, either. I hope it warms up and I hear it will be about 70 down there for the Super Bowl, so you will be OK! Do you live anywhere near where that will take place? The traffic would be a nightmare.
I got a WW Margarita mix recipe at my meeting today, the entire blender full is only 4 points. Would anyone like it? I doubt I'll make it, but did copy it down. It uses Crystal Light.
By the way, speaking of meetings, I lost .6 and have finally gone to a 10.2 pound loss, finally 10 pounds since June. It wasn't a big loss but it made me feel good to finally get past that "decade" of weight. It's been over six months of hard work to get to this point, but at least I am finally over that hump.
By the way, I completed Day 3 of the exercise challenge and was on my treadmill for over a half hour. It's really helping me to stay on it by using the the close captioned thing on the TV!
DJM, so sorry you are not close to your family, sure sounds like fun having a family that large. I wish I have more people to be close to. I'm losing far too many lately. Congrats on the loss, DJM!
Christina, good to see you back. Don't worry about keeping up, just stop in when you can and say Hi! It's hard to read every-one's posts, but just jump in and do what you can. No pressure!!!!!
Noelle, sure sounds like nasty weather... hope you are OK.
Hey guys, gotta go, hi to everyone else and I'll be back tomorrow!!!!!
Linda
Old 01-30-2007, 08:12 PM   #118  
burned out bus driver

Hi !
Snuck out to a night meeting while my youngest was in piano lesson. Actually I am afraid that there will be a school delay tomorrow am because of snow, and that threat exists all week.......so this was the best thing to do.
I was down 1.2#- and am thrilled as this was a night WI when I am usually up.

Kiwi- the mexican soup was AWESOME!

1 can ff chicken broth
1 can ff refried beans
1 can black beans (drained)
1 small jar salsa
1 14 oz can diced tomatoes (use the petit diced)
1 can corn (about 14 oz is what I used)
10 oz chicken breast, cooked, shredded.

I added the refried beans, tomatoes and broth.......heated it to "dissolve" the refrieds and then added the rest of the ingredients. Think it was 3 points for a 2 cup serving. I LOVED this soup- 1 cup was very filling and yummy. Enjoy......and someone please correct me if I messed up the recipe, I did it from memory.
Noelle- what kind of injury do you have on your knee?
Gotta go.......be back later!!!!!!
Ginny
Old 01-30-2007, 09:28 PM   #119  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Hi all, congratulations to all the success today. Thanks for all the support and encouragement I read here all the time. I don't know if you ladies know how much I appreciate you all. After I read your posts I went and ran 5 km on my treadmill. It felt so good. Now am realizing I do need to be patient. Thank you for sharing all your experiences, they help me so much. Thanks Kim, the email did work. I guess I had used .com instead of .ca. Wow do you exercise a lot. Does it just become habit? Way to go.
Linda congratulations on your weight loss this week and thanks for your post. It made me feel much better.
Noelle, I hope the weather gets better for you.
Kiwi, are you near Pensacola Florida. I have vacationed there before but many years ago. I found it so beautiful.
Paige that is awesome you can give up sweets.
DJM, I too find it hard to remember all the posts. I find this such an informative thread with a lot of interesting posts.
Sorry for missing anyone and thank you all for your kindness.
Take Care and have a good night all.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:05 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 193/189/158

Height: 5'10

Hi everyone,
Wow, there are so many posts here, that is great! I just wanted to check in, I had my WI tonight and I lost 3 pounds! Now let me just tell you that is from two weeks, b/c I was sick last week, and we went to Vegas for the weekend, and somehow, I lost some weight while away. But it really reinforced my thinking that every once in awhile you have to trick your body, and change up your routine with things.
Keep up the great work everybody!
Closed Thread