Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 09:00 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 201/172/128

Height: 5 feet 0 inches

Smile

Good Morning,

Well I made the soup for everyone at church and they all loved it! Everyone wanted the recipe. I did change it up a bit. I didn't have any tomatoes so instead of adding salsa and a can of tomatoes I just added 1 can of Rotel to replace both. Basically the same thing but with a kick.

Goals?....7 pounds for Feb
Old 02-01-2007, 09:33 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

Wow guys - you are doing great.

That Margarita recipe sounds really good.

It's my turn to sponsor team dinner tonight for the varsity basketball team. 15 starving teenage boys. I'm doing lasagnas, fresh salad, garlic bread and hot fudge brownie sundaes. I have a small chef's salad already made and in the fridge for me.

You guys have given me some more incentive. I was going to skip this week's meeting because it is today and I'm at home (35 miles away from WI place). But now I'm going to go tomorrow and weigh in. That's all there is to that. Plain and simple. Take the gain and listen to the meeting and go forward.

Still snowing here in Michigan - blech and frigid cold - 10 degrees out there. Let us know how warm it is for all of you in warmer climates. We like to live vicariously through you. ;0)
Old 02-01-2007, 10:01 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 201/172/128

Height: 5 feet 0 inches

Smile

I think I know what is going on with my weight.

I work all week to lose weight but nothing. Then on the weekend when I'm not really doing anything the results of what I did during the week show up. Then during the week the results of what I did all weekend show up.

I was told once that it takes 3 days for a bad day of eating to show up on the scales. I think that is what is going on. I've been so frustrated and I think that is what is happening. I'm going to drink more water today because yesterday I got really irritated at the fact that the scales haven't moved. So I had a bologna sandwich which threw me over my points but I ate the soup anyway along with a pc. of cake and a WW Ice cream.

Maybe knowing what is going on will help me to do better on the weekend so I can lose during the week. I feel better already.

Congratulations Kim on on the weight loss!! I can't weight until I'm your size!

Laura the weather has warmed up here so I think I'll go for a walk today maybe even a bike ride.

Erica I have a sled that I'm not sure if they even make it anymore 'cause its probably about 40 years old but its in great shape. Its wooden on top and I guess its a steel frame on bottom. Anyway as a kid I laid on top of it and hung on to wooden bars that I steered with. I've had it forever. I use it now for decoration at Christmas to remind me of the cold.

Kiwi
Old 02-01-2007, 11:11 AM   #139  
burned out bus driver

Linda- thanks for the recipe- sounds good to me! (I am not much of a drinker, but might try that). Hope you got your rest.

Kiwi- glad the soup was a success.........so good and so easy!

Kim-hope you got on the treadmill......10 pounds is realistic, but might be agressive (don't want you to set yourself up for failure). I know you can do this!

Erica- TOM is time of the month.......a "fun" time no matter how it is spelled!
Yeah, it is cold here in southern NY too....guess it is supposed to be though!

Laura- love your game plan for your dinner tonight! A winning strategy for you!

Me? I am tired and burned out......even skipped any work out this am, but knowing me I will get one in later.
Better get some housework done. See ya!
Ginny
Old 02-01-2007, 12:39 PM   #140  
Somethin's gotta give

Hi everyone- I introduced myself over at the meet and greet-I've been on the forum for a long time but always switched from plan to plan and back again- I feel good about ending up here! I'm married ( me and hubby in the profile pic) I'm 47 ( gulp), I've got about 40 to lose and Im happy this is a realfood/real life plan. I've got an online buddy Im going to try and get over here. I can't wait to read up and see what I can learn!
Old 02-01-2007, 01:48 PM   #141  
barb

Height: 5'7

Hi Maria. nice to have you here.....

Linda Thanks for the great recipe..... I will call that one Mommys little helper..LoL On those days when you want to pull your hair out.

Kiwi, That soup is awesome. My kids ate it up.. I may make more this week....

Rosegarden you finally got the snow I was waiting for in MI. But I think it is tooooo cold to go in... We are planning a trip in Late Feb. Miss the family....

Kiwi, You may be having a hard time with the loss cuz your muscles are retainig the water from youor workouts??? Nothing you can do until your body adjust to it. My friend told me that one time and she was right on...

Congrats to all of you who lost weight...... Sorry if I missed anyone..

I am feeling a little better. Did some errands today. My nose is runny and sneezy... I have a ton of wash to do and as far as the house goes the dirt will still be there tom.... Not sure If I will get a workout in tom.... It has been since Monday since I worked out.. AGHHH What is the rule on that?If you are sick Above the neck it is ok to workout below the neck do not ?????Not sure, but to be honest I think you would need the energy....

I hope you all have a greatr day... I have wash to do....
Old 02-01-2007, 02:35 PM   #142  
Kimmy

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/130

Height: 5 foot nada

Hi girls

Got on the treadmill again this morning for an hour. Felt wonderful after.

Thanks so much for the praises on my loss last night. I worked hard for it.

ECMom - I'm sorry about that last post. I meant to say I lost 10 in January and my goal for February is 5 pounds not 10. I don't think I could loss 10 pounds again. If I do great but I would be happy with 5. So 5 it is!!!

Kim
Old 02-01-2007, 03:55 PM   #143  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Whew, tons of posts once again...I love it. I am going to weigh-in tomorrow and know I should be down some since i was up .8 last week. Will post the results tomorrow morning. I'm not getting much exercise in until my knee gets fixed (I'm having some ligaments cut since they are pulling my kneecap way to one side and therapy has not helped). I will have to go through therapy again post-op. Until then, it's just the normal day-to-day stuff like doing the laundry or getting up from my desk at work to the file cabinet, the copy machine, etc... It makes me wistful that you guys can go swimming, jogging, treadmilling, etc. without thinking too much about it. Haha, I'd never thought I'd wish I could exercise on purpose!

Linda, I will have to try that margarita recipe. I haven't had one in ages.

Welcome Marie, you will love the support here. Love the avatar pic, is that a wedding or special occasion? You guys look great together. I always did like long hair on a guy , but that must be my rock/heavy metal streak.

Laura, good for you for sticking to the meeting instead of skipping it. I've skipped meetings before then "hoped" to lose the weight before the next one, but just put more on...it becomes a vicious cycle. Sounds like you will have your hands full tonight with all them young'uns.

Hey Kiwi, that was a funny one, about rubbing sand in the wounds

Just to make you feel better, it's been rainy and thunderstormy for a few days. The sun does come out but goes back behind the clouds when the rain blows sideways with the freakishly high winds. A cold front is coming...of course that probably means the temps won't reach the 80's for a few days

Well, I better get back to work. Welcome to all the newbies, congrats on all those with losses and those that are trying their darndest! Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:53 PM   #144  

WELCOME MARIE!!!!
Glad everyone seems to like the idea of that margarita recipe. I don't drink mixed drinks that often, usually have a simple glass of Pinot Grigio but Superbowl seems to make everyone just want to have some special kind of fun. It's interesting how foods with a Mexican flair always seem to be the party foods of choice for events like this? Did you all ever notice that? Buffalo wings are also part of it. Wonder if it's just things that are spicy that make people want to drink that is the appeal?
I'm not eating dinner tonight. I'm feeling full and am just not hungry. I went out to lunch today with my quilt group. We postponed a Christmas party as people were so busy and made a post-holiday lunch out plan.
Lunch was OK, but a bit strange. There is a vocational school near us that has a cooking program and there is a restaurant that is part of the school, so that is where they went. The prices were exceptionally good and the food was good as well. I had a 100% core breakfast, got on my treadmill and went, hoping for the best. There is a limited menu. I chose baked haddock that came with veggies that were sauteed in oil (hope that it was olive oil, but I don't really know) and I chose not to have potato. I had a beef/barley soup as an appetizer, but chose to leave lots of the solid part of the soup and eat mostly the broth. I had a very small piece of a garlic bread stick and that was it. In our party of 7 people, I was one of two people who didn't have dessert, and I was very proud of myself for that. They brought over a dessert cart and they all looked fabulous. I just had coffee.
So, I think I did pretty well, but it was a bigger lunch that I normally eat and now I am not hungry. Usually at this hour of the day, I can't wait to eat dinner and am starving, but we did eat late.
I may have some fruit or a salad in a little bit, as I don't want to wake up in the middle of the night starving!
I'm proud of myself for using self control and not choosing dessert. I feel as if my choices could have been so much worse.
Rose, good for you driving the 35 miles to weigh in, that shows commitment and dedication! Once, when I was on vacation in Florida, I went to a WW meeting. I considered Florida the "land of buffets", seems like everywhere we went was another huge buffet restaurant. Kiwi, I don't know how you stay in control with places like that all over the place down there!
Let's talk about ways to stay in control at a buffet, I think that is a very good topic!
By the way, today is Day 4 of my exercise challenge, my objective is to exercise 5 our of 7 days. I have exercise three of the last four days, which includes today. I was proud that I made time on a day where I had many activities to be on my treadmill.
So, that's all to me!
Hello to everyone! By the way, in a day or so I'll be re-starting this thread as it's starting to get really long again - which is a great thing!
Linda
Old 02-01-2007, 07:22 PM   #145  
burned out bus driver

Welcome Marie!

DJM- get better (or pretty much better) before you start any major workouts. At this point maybe short walks are about all you should take on.
Glad you liked the soup.....and Laundry and cleaning are very patient and always wait for you.

Linda-wow, you did so well today! Major league self control at that lunch and you got a work out in too! I think your choices were excellent....considering all the options. Well done!

Noelle- hope the scale fairy is kind to you tomorrow! What kind of recovery time are they estimating after surgery?

Kim- pfew!!!!!! Glad your goal is 5#......10 is doable, but perhaps not realistic....glad you understood my aprehension. Great that you got the treadmill time in!

I did kick my fat but in gear and did my kick box DVD and got in a 20 minute walk........figure it was 3 AP's. I had some chips this afternoon, NOT a good choice, but made up for it with a nice salad for dinner. The rest of my eating today was great......oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, (the darned chips!) and the salad and a bag of WW pretzels. Saving 3 points for a snack later.

I'd better go. Nite!
Ginny
Old 02-02-2007, 06:01 AM   #146  
Kimmy

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/130

Height: 5 foot nada

Well yesterday wasn't that great eating wise. I did exercise though. I will try harder to eat better today. I have to go out for groceries this morning so I will do the treadmill thing when I get back.

I am going into my parents cabin tomorrow for the night and that will be ugly. They like to have a few drinks and play cards and games when we go in. Something to help keep DS occupied. Well with drinks....you know what comes next....SNACKS!!!! Oh well planning on getting on the treadmill for an hour before I go and when I get back on Sunday. My other half also mentioned last night that he wanted us to do some snowshoeing while we are in there. That would be really good exercise.

Hope you all have a great day.

Kim
Old 02-02-2007, 07:03 AM   #147  

Nibs, try bringing veggies and dip in to contribute to the snacks at the cabin, that might help. Make it a low fat sour cream based dip, maybe mix onion soup of if you have Hidden Valley ranch dressing mix to mix with it. Then you will know that a certain amount of that particular dip is "safe". I use low fat sour cream as I think the FF kind really is not something I can get down. If it's in a recipe, sometimes I use half ff and half low fat if I can get away with it.
Also, Beck's light beer is only one point per bottle if you want to bring beer and can get that brand. Sutter Home wines are 2 points for 4 ounces as opposed to the majority of wines being 3 points. Also, you can save points by making "wine spritzers". If you have a bit of wine, make it 1/3rd wine and 2/3rds seltzer or club soda (o points) and add lemon and lime. It's tasty and makes you feel part of things but lots less points. If you used 2 ounces of Sutter Home wine as your 1/3rd to make the spritzer, you can have a one point "wine" beverage.
Ginny, great job on all your exercise. I'm wondering how some of you find the time for it. I kind of get swamped with activities and never seem to find time for more than a half hour.
Not much as far as postings here since last night.
I had mentioned that maybe we could talk about strategies for buffets. It might be good to discuss something of this nature as many people might be going to Super Bowl parties this weekend. Though, no one in my house has any party to go to.
Firstly, at a buffet place there are soups sometimes, if you have an option it is best to pick one with a clear broth base and start off with that. Eat slowly. If you are at a party and there happens to be chili, I'd go for that first as it is filling, satisfying and probably a lower fat/point choice than some of the other foods you might find.
Then, salad is best and fruit, if it is available. If there is oil and vinegar for a dressing, I've been using that lately and then I know I am getting my healthy oils.
Then, by the time you tackle the "regular" foods at the buffet or party, you are less apt to be starving and more in control.
We have a "Chinese" (main focus but they have a little bit of everything vs. just Chinese) buffet place near here that my husband is very fond of and he literally "drags" me there. You can take as many plates as you want and go back as many times as you want.
I try to go with their chicken teriyaki (not fried) and get a bit of fried rice and a few other things that are not coated in sauces or very fatty. They have peel and eat shrimp and cocktail sauce as well, and those are pretty low in points and totally CORE foods. I do indulge in about two or three chicken fingers, but try really hard to avoid tons of the fried stuff. They sometimes have pork loin or ham, depending on the day, and I usually stick with plain foods. They might not all be CORE foods, but they are surely better choices.
They have a dessert section of this buffet and I try to avoid it or take just one tiny thing.
Linda
Old 02-02-2007, 07:08 AM   #148  

Hey guys, I started a new thread for us as this was getting way too long again!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103720
Linda
Closed Thread