Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 11:56 AM   #16  

Well, firstly, I just got a call that my aunt, now, has been put in the hospital and they don't expect her to make it over the next two days. I really sad. I can't believe, we just lost my uncle two weeks ago and now this. She's on the opposite side of the family. Nothing we can do, people do get old and do pass away.
So, said as I square my shoulders, it is up to us to eat well, take care of our bodies and do what we can to prolong our lives in a healthy way.
DJM, it's just ME but I think that birthdays, Christmas and Thanksgiving are my "days off" from WW. If I don't have what I want to have on those days, I feel deprived and then resentful of my "lifestyle changes" and could end up blowing it all. That kind of resentment is responsible for me quitting WW in the past.
I'm only sharing this to tell you what I feel during those special times, I'm not telling you to blow it, but I am telling you what it is that I do. But, what gets me into trouble are the other times where I am "serenaded" by the bad foods and either get sad/depressed or am out having fun with people and "partying". Those are the times that "get me" and if I only went off program on my b-day, Christmas or that kind of think, I'd probably be at my goal weight.
I hope you make good choices, I hope you feel good about yourself afterwards.
We're going out tonight, probably to Olive Garden, and I will look at their menu on line ahead and maybe check out my WW food companion, etc. ahead to make some better choices.
Linda
Old 01-20-2007, 12:31 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 201/172/128

Height: 5 feet 0 inches

Smile

Linda I'm sorry to hear about your Aunt. I'll be praying for her and you.

Went to my meeting this morning thinking that if I lost 5 pounds I would get the key chain! Imagine my surprise to learn you must lose 10% of your weight to get the key chain!! Fortunately, I only lost 4 pounds instead of 5 so I didn't make a scene! I thought I would lose 4 pounds but I was really hoping for 5 but I will get my STUPID STAR next week! ha ha ha

Anyway, we had a great meeting today. I love this woman that teaches! She is so motivating , informative, and funny. I know I will achieve my weight goal.

Yes, we will sell the puppies when they get old enough. We get a good bit for them because they have papers. We aren't breeders, Just dachshund lovers.

I had Fajitas last night. Sooooo Gooooood! I counted it up to be 19 pts . So that put me over yesterday 12 pts but still kept me within my 35 and now today I start all over again!!

Off to the post office
Kiwi
Old 01-20-2007, 09:38 PM   #18  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Kiwi! I would happily take a 4 # loss any week! Congrats. Glad you liked your meeting....all that you mentioned is what they are all about- and it is one of the true strong points of the WW program. You will get your star next week!

Linda- I feel so bad for you....I am so sorry about your aunt. How sad-and how hard for you after just losing your uncle. Hugs . I will be praying for you too. Keep up your great attitude about keeping yourself healthy.
Glad you still have power- we too were hit with the 50-60 mph winds.

DJM- hope you made a wise choice with all that ice cream. Great that you still had points to use for a nice treat.

Jules- awesome will power throwing out those chocolate chips. I hate it when they call your name....and I end up eating them.

Got a walk in today with my daughters....my eating is fine and my stomach is finally getting back to normal. Next week promises to be torture with all the hours I will have to work. Not sure how I will get any workouts in, or have time to post. We will see.......Happy Saturday.
Ginny
Old 01-21-2007, 09:13 AM   #19  
ugggg.....

Ginny--TOM is the only time chocolate speaks to me thankfully--my weakness are salty foods especially chips--it was all those latch key kid breakfasts of Coke & chips before school and then wait what was in my lunch brown bag, a sandwich, chips and a Coke. Old habits are hard to break. Once I get going on getting my dairy in every day, next will be the essential oils (too bad supplements don't count because I have been taking fish oil to help with paibnful joints after the motorcycle accident) and then I am going to take a hard look at my salt/sodium intake. glad you are feeling better. My job is pretty busy--two years ago we lost two people with no replacements and gained their work plus a huge ongoing project, now there are going to be transferring another person and I will be getting half of her job with nothing being taken away and no additional help and no additional pay the way it looks.

Kiwi--Here's to getting our 5 lb stars--I was excited about getting a key chain--I have another 18.5 lbs to go for the key chain!!

Linda--how's your aunt? There will be days I spend all 35 bonus points plus a daily allotment for a special occasion and I am not going to beat myself up over it. Hubby's birthday is Feb 7 and we are going to take him to Hooters--I have already looked at the menu and there doesn't look to be hardly anything healthy almost everything is deep fried!! I will go with a salad with grilled chicken which looks to be the best bet. I quit WW before because I thought the weight wasn't dropping off fast enough and I could continue the program on my own--it didn't work. The accident messing up my knee didn't help--I packed on over twenty pounds in less than a year due to depression and not being able to walk fast or for any period of time without severe pain. I still have trouble going up and down stairs and hills.

DJM--how did everything go??

Well ladies have a great day!!
Jules
Old 01-21-2007, 09:56 AM   #20  
barb

Height: 5'7

lynda so sorry to hear about your aunt.......Hopefully everything will be ok. I will pray for here also..
Last night was wonderful..Man did we need a night out, just to reconnect. I did good withthe food. We had a shrimp appt that we spilt it was breaded but delious(sp) and than I ordered this fish which niether my dh or I liked so I only ate about an 1/2 cup of augratin pot. I di have 2 pieces of bread dipped in oil. That is all the food BUT I drank and drank I did. I had 4 glasses of wine... Mind you we were at the resturant for 3 hrs so we just wined and dined..... So I still have opts in my extra box so I will do owell today.. I may even work out......

It is snowing outside and we are all in our glory. First snow and probably the only.....The boys are outside already before we walk to church. I live seeing them play so freely outside in the snow....

I hope you all have a good day... I will catch up later...
Old 01-21-2007, 03:02 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

We have snow again today too but I am not thrilled about it. The roads are nasty and outdoor walking is out of bounds I am way too chicken to face the ice these days.

Working this afternoon. I need to figure out what to take for dinner cuz if I don't I get too starved and want to eat everything in sight.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:28 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 193/189/158

Height: 5'10

Hi all,
well I posted this morning ( a long post) but it didn't go through, that was a real bummer.

I don't know what is going on with my body right now. I have been on program to a T, I even upped my cardio, and my scale says that I am 3 pounds up. Yes, I am a scale-aholic for sure. It is a bad thing to step on the scales a lot I know, especially b/c I am up! I just got over my period, so I don't think that should be a factor unless my body is still hanging on to some excess water. It will be depressing going to WI on Tuesday if I'm still up that much. What to do?
Old 01-21-2007, 11:06 PM   #23  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Erica, just hang tight and drink your water, your body may let that fluid go before your WI. Have you been having high sodium foods? That could be causing you to retain. But I SWEAR by drinking lots of water to lose. If your exercise program is a little tougher than you've been doing previously, your body is just getting used to the change.

Linda, I am praying for your aunt and your family. This must be so difficult for you right now with your uncle's passing so recently You have the right positive outlook though.

OMG we are just back from my son's b-day party picnic and I am just bushed! I just want to crash. Eating was pretty bad today, not in quantity, just in quality. I'm pretty sure if I count up my points I will be OK but yesterday was pretty bad nutritionally as well. I am so glad this weekend is coming to a close and I can get back to a normal routine come Monday.

Hello to everyone else...sorry I couldn't get more personal but you know I love ya
Old 01-22-2007, 06:15 AM   #24  

Hi all...have been having a tough time the past few days. I think part of it is that we are out of things that are ok to snack on and we are short on $ this week so we have to make due with what we've got. It's like I'm hungry for something, and everything I eat just doesn't cut it, so I eat and eat until I am satisfied (which doesn't happen.) On Saturday I finally threw out all the bags of choc chips, but then what did I do? I made brownies with frosting. I really overdid it on Saturday. But then I got to thinking...the end of June we've rented our beach house on the boardwalk at the shore, and I know how miserable I am going to be if I am too uncomfortable to wear summer clothes. It's going to be just like our vacation last year. I had a miserable time, and probably didn't make things very much fun for dh or dds. Isn't it sad how weight can do that psychologically? So anyway...I got to thinking about that on Saturday night and realized that I have exactly 5 months left till our vacation, so I really need to stay focused and on track. Yesterday I did better. I also plated up those brownies and took them to my neighbor. This morning dds and I are heading to the gym. I should be able to get 4 times in this week.

So that's what is happening here. The semester starts on Wednesday, and I am so relieved. I have really been struggling with the "winter blues" so I know getting out and going to class will help.

I'll check back in later...hope you all have a great day!
Old 01-22-2007, 06:41 AM   #25  
Kimmy

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/130

Height: 5 foot nada

I know what you mean mpaigew. I felt the same way this weekend. I wanted something but didn't know what it was and couldn't figure it out. I didn't do too bad though food wise. My problem was I didn't count my points, exercise or drink my water this past weekend. I feel so bloated it's not funny. I weighed myself, first time since before the weekend, and I am the same as last weigh in so that's a plus.

My plans today are to stay OP and to exercise. I am going to try and get my water in today also. I am also going to JOURNAL, JOURNAL, JOURNAL.

I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt derry. It must be very hard on you and your family. Take care and try to keep your chin up.

Congrats girls on those who lost this week. I know the numbers were excellent. Keep up the great work.

Well I'm off to have a nap, working the night shift again for the next two days.

TTYS
Kim
Old 01-22-2007, 07:05 AM   #26  

Hi guys.
Kiwi, you are doing great. That key chain thing is definitely a 10% goal reward, the 5 pound ribbon and then 10 pound star are still something nice to get. I have yet to get my 10 pound star since going back to WW in JUNE... so you are really doing well. I struggle with each and every pound and seem to "see-saw" a bit with weight losses. I'll get there, and the phrase "slow and steady wins the race" is a good one for me, I envision the tortoise and the hare, I'm that tortoise for sure lumbering along, but trying hard to keep my focus.
Thanks, all, for your thoughts about my aunt. I travelled to MA yesterday and stayed by her bedside for about two hours. I love her so, she is a special lady. She never had kids and myself, and my cousins are "like" her kids. I wish I could have stayed longer, but it is a long ride for me and I had to get home. I expect to hear any minute that she has passed.
DJM, sounds like you did ok with the birthday dinner, happy b-day to you! I'd not be functional with four glasses of wine, even with food. Wow! If I have two, I get silly and sleepy. My family watches me and kind of rolls their eyes. I seldom allow myself that "luxury".
Erica, Wish I could figure out some of the reasons why the scale will go up for me, as well. Sometimes when I have been my absolute BEST, it goes up. Sometimes, when I have been really somewhat bad, it goes down, but if I continue along the "bad" path, then of course it goes really far up again. They always tell me to drink lots of water when it gets like that, though. Maybe that is the trick?
Paige, I know what it's like to be out of all the "better" choices and also to have others in the house who can eat whatever they want to and not gain an ounce. Hang in there.
Do you have an air popcorn popper in the house? When I start going nuts, I make popcorn and it fills me up and occupies me. Sometimes I swear I am starving when I am home and getting kind of bored. Eating a big bowl of popcorn occupies me for awhile and I drink a big glass of water with it. I eat more than the "recommended" 3 cup serving of popcorn, but I don't care and it helps me through a bad time.
Linda
Old 01-22-2007, 07:33 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 271/264.0/160

Height: 5' 7"

Smile may I join you!

Good Morning everyone!

I joined WW on Jan 11th, but had been watching what I was eating since Dec. 27th. I lost almost 3lbs on my own, and then joined WW. Had my first weigh in on Saturday and lost 4.8!

I post on a couple other threads, but I need one that has others on WW for the extra support.

I guess I should tell you a little bit about me. I'm Anne, married for almost 4 years and we have 2 beautiful little boys ages 2 and 8 months. They keep me busy, but I love it. I stay at home with them.
I've wanted to lose weight for a long time, but something inside me clicked over the holidays when I saw photos of myself. I was stunned. I knew I was heavy, but its like seeing yourself for the first time.....big time reality shock for me. But it was enough to make me decide to do something about it.

I look forward to getting to know you all! Have a great morning!

Anne
Old 01-22-2007, 08:50 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 201/172/128

Height: 5 feet 0 inches

Smile

Good Morning everyone,

I had a great weekend. I finally went to Dotti's weight loss zone that our teacher talked about. It really is wonderful. I had bought the dinning out book from WW but this had more of our restaurants in them with alot more choices! I ended up going to Captain D's for lunch after church and was able to have the shrimp scampi for only 7.5 pts! I was going to Zaxby's until I pulled it up on Dotti's and saw how horrible even the Salad I normally would have ordered was loaded with points!

Congratulations Anne on the 4.8 pounds!! Your story sounds alittle like mine.I was at the computer one night and saw my reflection in the window and I didn't even recognize myself!

I found some pants this weekend that were the kind I was looking for a long time. The problem is they are a 16 and fit way to tight to be seen in them. I was excited I could actually put them on and zip them but would never wear them out. Sooooooo I bought them and I am going to work myself into them!!

Paige my husband started back to college the other day. He was afraid it would be tough but so far so good. He's already had 2 exams and made A's on both. He's in the Military and finishing his college could help him in getting one more stripe before he retires.

Well to all you cold states. Bundle up and I'll chat later

Kiwi
Old 01-22-2007, 09:16 AM   #29  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Hi all, congratulations to all on the weight losses and NSV
Welcome Anne,
Linda, I am so sorry to hear about your aunt. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Noelle- it sounds like your party went well. Did your son get everything he wished for?

Kiwi, that is awesome you had a great weekend. I will look at that website for restaurants as I am nervous going out to eat incase I can't find something. My favourite restaurant is the Olive Garden. I love the sausage Rustica but haven't gone there since I started my new lifestyle.

Erica, I have also heard if you drink more water it will help show your real weight, I guess certain things make us retain water. I hope all goes well for you this week.

Sorry for anyone I missed!

It was cold here this weekend and I got my treadmill on Saturday. I have been on it every day since. I was wondering, should I be running on it every day or should I run every other day?
This weekend was hard for me with food choices. I felt like I could eat everything in site. Hopefully I will be back on track today.

Take Care
Ann
Old 01-22-2007, 10:40 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibs View Post
I know what you mean mpaigew. I felt the same way this weekend. I wanted something but didn't know what it was and couldn't figure it out. I didn't do too bad though food wise. My problem was I didn't count my points, exercise or drink my water this past weekend. I feel so bloated it's not funny. I weighed myself, first time since before the weekend, and I am the same as last weigh in so that's a plus.

My plans today are to stay OP and to exercise. I am going to try and get my water in today also. I am also going to JOURNAL, JOURNAL, JOURNAL.

Well I'm off to have a nap, working the night shift again for the next two days.

TTYS
Kim
Kim - I am so in the same boat this last couple weeks. I think it's the winter hibernation thing. The weather turned cold and I need to "keep" my fat for the long haul. Still trying to break that monster and I'm doing what you are doing, journal, journal, journal.

Hope everyone keeps posting and keep giving me incentive
Closed Thread