Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2003, 09:13 AM   #136  

Default TideyPoo's Post

I don't have the gag problem, but I do tend to think things are spoiled (especially cottage cheese) as part of PMS. Meat smells rancid and eggs taste sour also. It varies in degree of intensity each month and sometimes it won't happen at all.

I tend to stay with chicken and fresh fish during those times.

Thought the info may help.
Old 03-21-2003, 11:01 AM   #137  
Natural Health Educator

Default update on the doggie

HOwdy ladies...here it is Friday already. I like fridays since I get to spend a bit of time browsing the internet, but it is also the day I bring in cookies to the office...(I am selling them for a friend...I don't make money off them. That at least saves me from eating any, since they all have to be accounted for when I pay her! Chocolate chip cookies, something hard to find here in Venezuela.)

For those that asked about the doggie, he is doing much better...Mr. Kitty, our cat is a bit peeved at the situation, but since no one in my neighborhood has stepped up to the plate to adopt the little guy, the cat will have to deal...we named the puppy Zeppelin...hehe and not because we are fans of the Led variety, but because when we found him he was about as round as a little blimp. (ie, as in the Merriam-Webster definition: a rigid airship consisting of a cylindrical trussed and covered frame supported by internal gas cells. )

Now Three days later, having been subjected to some real food and a wormer medication,the little guy is less of a round grape with a head and stubs, and more of a real puppy. He needs some more meat on his bones though, 'cause the internal frame still shows through!

I will write again in a bit...

Meow2
Old 03-21-2003, 11:13 AM   #138  
Natural Health Educator

Default on another note...

Meanwhile I am very pleased at the variety in my new split...I decided to try out the one that Adriana recommended that was posted at M&F Hers...three days on one day off, two days on one day off, with the exercises being seperated into three groups, Back/Tris/Abs, Legs/Delts, Chest/Bis/Abs. you ladies were right, changing up after a year of the bfl split was just what I needed. I feel like I am better able to address each muscle part.

however, since the actual time is less each day since it is 5 days a week instead of three, I can't help but feel like I am not doing as much...That is why when I first tried changing my split last week I felt unchallanged, and looked for another option. Here is a question for you all though...how many sets of reps do you do on average? THe new workout I am doing has aprox. 125 sets of between 10-20 per week... is that about average....thanks.

Anyway, sorry for going so long on the post about the doggie. I have always had a soft spot for abandoned kitties, and this is my first puppy. It is giving me a new focus outside of my own body though, and that is good 'cause I am the type that can get obsessed. Plus with all the news about the war and the like, I need something to help bring my emotions into focus...my thoughts are with everyone aroudn the world, that all your family members remain safe and sound. Down here on Margarita we are not untouched by politics, for this country is an Oil Producer, so you can only imagine. I am glad that I decided not to go into politics after getting my degree...such difficult decisions are to be made in these times!

On a more pleasant note, if you are looking for a great vacation spot that is in the Caribbean, but without the high prices, look no further. There are some great resorts here, and the tourism market is growing by leaps and bounds...

meow2
=^..^=
Old 03-21-2003, 11:18 AM   #139  

Default FRIDAY! Whooopeeeee

Howdee girlies. It's been a long week - way too much snow for me. Biggest storm in 80 some years. Over 100 buildings have colapsed from the weight of the snow, cars crushed, tree branches are ripped from the trunks. We lost a few - our plum suffered the loss of a few branches - the pine in the back yard is sagging too. The dog however is having a blast! She is so funny in all that white stuff - jumping up and down to make her way through the yard. She'll get her footing and then oops! the snow will give way under one of her legs and she'll be lopsided. She also has one of the cone shapped collars on (due to her slicing her front paw open to the tune of about $900 when all was said and done a few weeks ago) she uses it as a scoope picking up the snow and hurling it all over as she runs. It's so funny.

Now, the bad news. Been Monday since I was at the gym last. *snif SO, this morning bright and early (5:00) I got up and drove to the 24 hour to meet WO pard - rarin to GO! They were CLOSED I was so bummed. ACK. Maybe tomorrow. I guess I'll just go shovel some more.

Thinking of everyone.

Susie
Old 03-21-2003, 03:04 PM   #140  
Uber-Moderator!!

Hey you guys! Busy thread this week!

Meow - our kitty Megan is VERY roly-poly...when she runs (or as close as she can approximate to a run) her legs go every which way. She still looks like she's about ready to give birth - the humane society said she was pretty far along in her pregancy when she was dumped off by her former owner...

Eggwhites?!? How can you not LOVE eggwhites?? I've gotten sick of chicken breast quite a few times in the last two years but I will never ever get sick of eggwhites - they are so versatile (actually my serving is generally 4 eggwhites + 1 whole egg) and quick to prepare. Plus they're pretty darn cheap around these parts...

I am SO EXCITED YOU GUYS. Since my surgery, I have been a bit timid about wearing my 'smaller' clothes because I looked and felt VERY swollen (having to wear the monkey butt garment didn't help matters either). So post op I had been wearing my size 8 and even 10 jeans and clothes...I was at my sister's house last night and she kind of ragged on me for wearing such baggy pants. So this morning I got out my size 6 jeans...while Jim was taking his shower...and THEY FIT! Not only do they FIT but they are baggy in the butt and inner thighs! wow wow wow!! Today during my leg workout one of the 'regular' dudes came up to me as I was resting between leg-press sets (I'm back up to 450 pounds now on leg press - gonna start squats again next week) and said that my legs were 'lookin' good'! (of course I was wearing tights - right now my legs are so white, they look like the Iditarod course - and I can't tan them until the scars are completely gone). That is actually what gave me the cojones to pull the size 6's out of the drawer and am I glad I did!

Well...got a HOT DATE with another man tonight... my little nephew that is (I posted a photo of him in my album at the LWL photo site). Tonight is a big night - the SpongeBob Lost Episodes show and I promised to come over and watch it with him! Promises to be a nice weekend - weather is great so I'm looking forward to my riding lesson tomorrow!
Old 03-21-2003, 03:09 PM   #141  

heya

can someone repost the URL to the LWL photo site? I want to be able to add my pics

thanks!
Meigh
Old 03-21-2003, 03:18 PM   #142  
Mel

Default URL

Here ya go, tidey!
I've got the lnk, but I can't figure out how to post.

http://groups.msn.com/3FCLadiesWhoLift

mel
Old 03-21-2003, 03:28 PM   #143  
Natural Health Educator

Default Kitty cat pics!

I just took a look at the pics at our msn site! Cool Kitties MrsJim! My cat Mr. Kitters (M.kitters for short) looks just like Sparky!

Everyone looks fantastic...one of these days I will figure out how to post up my pics, including the new member of my household. (Zeppelin)

Thanks for the inspiration ladies!!!!!!!

Meow2
Old 03-21-2003, 03:30 PM   #144  

Default Pictures!

Ladies (and gentlemen?)

I just checked out the pictures and wow are they great! MrsJim, that isn't really you.. NO way..

You're ALL gorgeous!!!

I'm having a great day, have eaten clean all day and today is my day off exercise (long story about what day I'm really on with BFL). Suffice it to say my weeks actually start on Saturday and my free days are Fridays. Much easier for me to have a weekday off of exercise cause my commute is anywhere between 4 and 5 hours a day - tough for me to get to the gym at work here or be energized enough when I get home to do it.

Anyway, I need to work so I can scram outta here!! Will post more later, hope everyone is have a sunnier Friday than we are having in Toronto.

adena
Old 03-21-2003, 03:51 PM   #145  
Hot Sauce!

Default Mel

you post your pics on the msn site by going to the pictures tab on the left side of the screen and I think their is a button to click that starts a new album. You are asked to download some msn thing and just say yes. Than you specify which folder your pics are at on your harddrive and click upload once you found them. Than you can edit the titles and such from there.
Hope this helps you!
Have a great weekend all!
Jamie
Old 03-21-2003, 05:30 PM   #146  
Meg

Default It Never Ceases To Amaze Me ...

It happens every time but I’m still surprised …. I can be so tired (like today — one hour sleep) or frustrated or PO’ed or whatever and I’ll drag myself into the gym for a workout (thinking all the time that this is going to stink). And I ALWAYS walk out feeling great! Wow, if we could bottle this, we’d make a fortune! Did arms with the trainer and we did supersets again of bi’s and tri’s: first, bar curls and overhead extensions, them seated DB curls and skull crushers, then the curl machine and seated dips, and finally cable curls and kickbacks. My arms are on fire! Think I can try the “gee, honey, they hurt to much to clean up the kitchen and make dinner”? Nah — I promised DH that I would make shrimp curry tonight.

I vow that I will figure out how to post photos this weekend and I hope everyone else does, too. Thanks for the instructions, Jamie. We’ll see if someone as technology-impaired as I am can make it work!

Karen — congrats on the jeans! My post-op swelling is finally starting to go down too, and my pants are looser. My waist is still about an inch larger than it was and I’m hoping that it ends up smaller since a considerable amount of skin is now gone. I’m still wearing my spandex compression stuff as much as possible to keep from swelling but my Monkey Butt suit is now retired. Speaking of clothes, I was getting out some spring clothes today (yea, spring!) (boo, snow in CO!) and I came across the only “big” clothes that I saved — black pants and a pink T-shirt (size 22). I have a photo of me wearing them over size 4 jeans last year when I reached my goal and I’ll post it. I will never get rid of those two things, but everything else is long gone. The thing that kills me, though, is that even my shoes from before last year are too big and I definitely had a thing for shoes. Oh well, I guess all we need is a good pair of gym shoes, right???

I hope that everyone has a great weekend and has good weather wherever you are. And stay safe, Adriana.

Meg
Old 03-21-2003, 06:29 PM   #147  

Hi All,

Had a less than stellar day mood wise. Had a little dark cloud over my head all day with lighting bolts no less. You know like in those old WB cartoons. Must be TOM on the way. Going to workout (weights) in a little while and hope it sends the blues away.

Meg - I would love to see your picture. Will use it as inspiration as I so want to be another success story.

Mrs. Jim - Congrats on the pants. Also, your nephew is really cute. Loved all that info on what to do in cali. Hubby and I will have to make another trip. We only had 8 days last time and 2.5 days of that was spent at Hearst Castle,which was my main reason for the trip. That and Sonoma county and its wine. My husband loved highway 1, but I was a little less taken with the mountain view.

Will try to post some pics tonight. Be kind, I am no Halle Berry. Will post pictures of my neice and nephew to compensate. They are cute as bottons.

Hope all is well with anyone I missed.

Sel

Last edited by Trinidad; 03-21-2003 at 06:34 PM.
Old 03-21-2003, 06:37 PM   #148  
Banned

Default TGIF!!!

I've got a 3-day weekend!!!

I'm off to finish cooking my chicken stir-fry and catch-up on the hundreds (thousands? ) of posts I've been missing!

I will be back!

Deb
Old 03-21-2003, 07:56 PM   #149  
Banned

The war.

I wish I had some words of wisdom to say, but I don't. We knew it was coming. It's here. I'm sure we all know people who have gone to fight for us. Some of us have loved ones who must go, others live in the vicinity of the fighting. My cousin is an officer and is over there now. My thoughts and prayers at this time are for us all. In different ways and in varying degrees, this war will hit home for everyone. We need to stay positive and not let this situation rule our emotions. No good would come of that. God bless us all and may peace come quickly.

Deb
Old 03-21-2003, 08:18 PM   #150  
Meg

Photos -- OK, I uploaded one very grainy photo of me that my son took last week as I was heading out to the gym. However, the same son has "lost" the power cord to the scanner so I just ordered a new one from HP. So the other (non-digital) photos will have to wait a week or so until the scanner is functional (unless he finds the cord in his cesspool of a room).

Meg
Closed Thread