Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 02-18-2010, 11:09 AM   #136  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

I had another round of physio for that pesky SI joint of mine and I was told again nothing but a gentle walk on the TM for two days. So I had to forgo the gym and did 40 minutes on the TM (and I felt like an old lady). I figured one night of TM will have to do and I am lifting tonight. Got a new issue of Oxygen yesterday and I only briefly flipped through it but I loved what I saw - that will give me ideas for a few killer workouts.

I tried turning the PC on last night and voila, NOTHING. Zippo, zilch. Not even a hiccup. So I figured it must be the power supply that's belly-up but it was odd because until the day before, the power supply seemed to be ok. Of course I had to take the PC apart and recheck everything (nothing visually wrong). To my surprise, I found out this morning that the PC was on - the case still open on the floor - and the power supply is very erratic. It seems to be on for a moment, then the fan stops, then it starts going again. Definitely time was a new one, I only hope the HDD is ok and I will be able to salvage the pictures (of my dogs, especially of those at the Bridge). I would be devastated to lose them. Of course I have no backup (although I remind my customers daily of how important backups are).

Mel - congrats on the move up the corporate ladder! I actually thought about you last night, as there was an episode on House Hunters on HGTV and the chick was from Philly (well, she worked in Philly) and was looking for a house in the burbs close to the train station. And then I read this morning about you and taking the train!
If it was not for me, my BF is the type who would call a plumber to have a new toilet installed, just like the million of other things I normally drag him into doing. Well, you know the saying: Love me, love my dogs ..... (and he DOES love my dogs - we're both greyhound people - and Beetle Bug absolutely adores him). I am sure she would trade me for him in a heartbeat, being the ungratefull wench that she is.

Shannon - please do get yourself checked out. I don't like the description of what happened to you at all.
BTW - you asked about the tankless water heater - I do love it. The only problem is that I waste a lot of water in the bathroom till the hot water kicks in (it's further away from the heater than kitchen). But I knew about this ahead of time.

Birchie - your post made me misty eyed and I lovingly thought of my brief visit of London in 1982. Good to hear you're ok.

Rabbitty Rabbit - California!!! I am so jealous! Bon voyage!!!!! I hope you will have time for more than just business stuff.

Pat - I see you are well on your way becoming a full-blown Zumba addict.

Sacha - congrats on the engagement.

Everybody else - !

Alena
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 07:30 AM   #137  
Mel

Good to see you sacha!

That was a quickie!

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 02:43 PM   #138  
kaw

S/C/G: 159-ish/145/140-ish

Height: 5' 8.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomato View Post
Umm, I showed The Most Gorgeous Abs In The World (aka Kim's) to BF and he demonstrated zero enthusiasm. He mumbled something about it "being too much". Ah, silly men! :-)

Alena

Truth be told, I think my DH feels the same way. However, he knows better than to be anything but 100% supportive.

be strong,
Kim
kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 06:20 AM   #139  
Mel

Silly men! Tho I think mine feels the same way because the few times my abs have been that ripped my boobs are minuscule I like it better tho, and a happier me is easier to live with. (not that my abs are like that now!)

I was wide awake but tired at 5am on a Saturday I'll head to the 7 am cross fit and try not to kill myself.

Have a good one,
Mel
Old 02-21-2010, 12:36 AM   #140  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I'm sitting in bed reading Kim's blog. Great stuff! I'm really enjoying it.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 08:37 AM   #141  
kaw

S/C/G: 159-ish/145/140-ish

Height: 5' 8.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
I'm sitting in bed reading Kim's blog. Great stuff! I'm really enjoying it.

I just posted an entry about yesterday's experience with "Tabata This!" (The exclamation point is important, it makes you burn more fat.) It took me 12 hours to recover enough to write those two paragraphs...

be strong
Kim
kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 09:10 AM   #142  

I tried Tabata jump squats once. I got my son to run the timer. He kept yelling "Stop. Mom. Stop! You're gonna die!"
Old 02-21-2010, 09:53 AM   #143  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Hello, Susam it's good to see you here. You keep coming every day and lifting'll soon be part of your life again.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:40 PM   #144  

I tabatized my elliptical today and when I regained consciousness ... I did tabatized punching. It was fun!

I definitely need to work away for a while before I'm ready for compound things. But burpees look so accomplished!
Old 02-22-2010, 08:00 AM   #145  
Mel

Good morning to the last week of February. It's is supposed to snow tonight

I always get nervous when I see a Tabata workout posted- they look so innocent I usually finish in a puddle on the floor looking like the dead bug that I've just emulated.

I had another weekend of no sleep- this is getting old, but of course was SOUND asleep when my alarm went off this morning! Short cardio this morning, but will head to cross fit after work and maybe try to get to they gym at lunch and at least do some sluggish cardio

Food was pretty good this weekend- a bit too salty, but withing weekend calorie ranges.

Birch- How are you feeling?
Old 02-22-2010, 08:11 AM   #146  
in development

Thank you. It's kind of you to ask, Mel. I feel, you know, censored. On Day 5 out of 7 of antibiotics. Planning to go to doctor again if I don't feel fully right on Thursday. The A&E doc gave me 250mg of penicillin and I seem to remember that I needed 500mg last year to clobber a similar (but less bad) thing.

Sorry you didn't sleep very well over the weekend. Too much yoga?? Oh, and many congrats on the new job. Such a relief in this appalling environment. I know you're clever and able and all that but, given the field, do you think that your (weightloss and) fitness had any part to play? You know, you're able to look the fabulously rich and thin part? Hope you don't mind my asking.

to all. It's gloriously sunny here, lambs in the fields and snowdrops in bloom. There may be more snow by the weekend!
Old 02-22-2010, 01:34 PM   #147  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

I continue to be computerless. I hit a few stores on the weekend but it's so hard to decide. Should I splurge ( I would really love the DELL that comes with OPI's "I'm Not Really a Waitress" on the outside. How cool). My mind is swirling with dual core T4400, quads (that is a quad processor, not talking about legs right now LOL), i5 and i7. Is 17" worth a second mortgage? and should I accept DDR2 when DDR3 is faster?
Decisions, decision!

On top of that, we are supposed to get at least 4" of snow today. Hrrmph. Why can't it snow on the weekend instead of Monday? Coworkers reported that the roads are pretty slick (snow mixed partly with freezing rain) - why would anyone risk life leaving the office during lunch hour to go to Tim Horton's? Bad coffee is available anywhere.

How bad is it in Ohio?

Alena

Last edited by Tomato; 02-22-2010 at 01:35 PM.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:59 PM   #148  
Mel

Quote:
why would anyone risk life leaving the office during lunch hour to go to Tim Horton's?

I LUV Tim Horton's coffee! I think they are going for the TimBits, tho.

Birch- I do not look thin and rich. I look very muscular but I was well dressed and can talk about anything.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:01 AM   #149  
in development

Morning, all! Alena, Susan, Kaw, Mel, everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel View Post
I do not look thin and rich. I look very muscular but I was well dressed and can talk about anything.
Touche!

These antibiotics are getting in my way. I know you look very muscular. And those are good tips for almost any interview!

How is the new commute working out? Or haven't you started yet?
Old 02-23-2010, 07:10 AM   #150  

Morning everyone! Where's Cheryl?