Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 01-02-2007, 11:53 AM   #136  
sfj

Default Does anyone have a recipe

for a really good and creamy lowfat chicken salad?

I cant find anywhere.
sfj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:14 PM   #137  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Whenever I make chicken/tuna salad I use nonfat yogurt and mustard. It makes it very creamy without the calories (and without the junk!). I don't have a recipe, I just kind of mix various spices and eat it. I also like adding in celery, diced pickles and tomatoes.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 01:29 PM   #138  
Working My Way Back Down

Hmmm, this would be good with yougurt "cheese" in that it isn't as soupy. I hate soupy salads.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:25 AM   #139  

Have I got a recipe for you I absolutely hate cottage cheese especially the texture but love how much protein it has. I got thinking how could I prepare it that I could actually swallow it so I got out my blender one day and put 1/4 cup of 1% cottage cheese, 1/4 cup Source Strawberry Yogurt, a small handful of strawberries, and a bit of Splenda to taste and blended until smooth and it actually kinda tastes like strawberry cheesecake (especially if you leave out the Splenda). This yummy and filling snack has 12 grams of protein. I make enough to last me a few days. It's also good to stick in the freezer for 1/2 hour or so before you eat it. Just thought I would share ENJOY!!

P.S. Also great with blueberry yogurt and blueberries or peach yogurt with peaches. The variations are endless
Gumbygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 10:59 AM   #140  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

This isn't an exact recipe but I've been playing around with a french toast like snack. I haven't measured exact ingredients but I am getting close to a decent recipe.

2 pieces of whole wheat bread (I use a bread that is 45 calories/slice. The best bread is probably very porous, usually low calorie whole wheat breads are very porous)
Egg whites (I kind of pour as I go, not exact but 1/2 cup or less)
1/2 scoop of vanilla protein powder
cinnamon (1 tsp or so)
maybe some maple flavor?

Mix up the egg whites, cinnamon and vanilla protein powder really well. The protein powder may clump so it is important to try to mix it really well. I haven't tried it yet but some maple flavor may be a good addition. Soak the bread in the mixture, flipping until it is thoroughly saturated. Cook in either a skillet or if you have a sandwich maker, that is how I make mine and they come out really well. I usually put the piece of bread down, then top with a little extra of the egg mixture.

Cook the leftover egg mixture as you would a crepe or pancake and eat that as well.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 11:57 PM   #141  

Hi all. I am new here. I'm not at all into texting and I get frustrated by the abbreviated talk; by the assumption that text-talk is as easily understood as the good ol' written English language. I figured out BFL is Body for Life. What is L&S as referred to in L&S Cooking Library? I hope I don't miss anything important because of the assumption that we all read text short cuts. So for now, what is the L&S?
kh848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 07:38 AM   #142  
Mel

L&S was a BFL site that no longer exists. Those were very old posts. Sorry!

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 03:44 AM   #143  

So one has to pay all these sacrifices just for body building?
ketmarshal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 07:40 PM   #144  

There are countless recipes out there that can help you reach your goals, but finding the right ones can be a challenge. That's why I put together a list of my favorite bodybuilding recipes to help you bulk up and build muscle.

1. Breakfast Burrito: A high-protein breakfast is essential for bodybuilders, and this burrito delivers with eggs, bacon, sausage, and cheese.

2. Chicken and Rice: This classic bodybuilding recipe is simple and effective, packed with protein and complex carbohydrates.

3. Salmon and Veggies: Salmon is a great source of protein and healthy fats, making it perfect for bodybuilders. This recipe also includes plenty of veggies for added nutrients.

4. Beef Stew: This hearty stew is packed with protein and complex carbs, perfect for after a hard workout.

5. Protein Pancakes: Start your day off right with these delicious pancakes that are loaded with protein.

6. Turkey Burger: This burger is a leaner alternative to beef, but it's just as packed with protein.
MrHelpful is offline   Reply With Quote