3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   March 2019 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/317044-march-2019-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome.html)

Weekend Boater 03-12-2019 08:22 PM

Hi everyone, a big hello and hug and hoping you all had a good day!

Flower, it's not TMI at all and glad that you shared with us. It helps to understand. It was so long ago (and thankfully he is ok now) but my dad was in ICU 6 weeks so sedated and we were unable to talk to him, they didn't know if he had brain damage or not until they woke him up. He had had a major heart attack. I didn't let the docs give up and we kept hope, me and ma. I remember only sleeping 2 hours a night. I was at the hospital all day and sometimes would drive in in the middle of the night to make sure they were doing what they were supposed to be doing. OMG! It was a long journey. It was the hope and positive attitude that kept us going..I assure you. I spoke to so many docs and some said he wont make it, all his organs were failing at one time. I think that when people say stay positive they mean well, maybe they mean to keep the hope. I know that that is what helped me and ma and trying to hand over that thought and hope to ma helped tremendously! I do know what you mean though and I am so glad you shared with us! I had a very close friend from college (she had a kid , well teen now) that had seizures. I did everything I could to help her and I meant well but my positivity and or belief in that the surgery would be successful or this or that seemed to really anger her (not saying this is you but it helps me understand). She started lashing out at me! I truly believed the surgery (brain surgery) would be successful, I ahd hope and I believe in our lord and I just had hope I guess and I told her ot never give up hope. She became so angry with me when it didn't work that she actually emailed me a pic of his head with the scar saying not successful!!! Ay ay ay! Needless to say, there came a point I ahd to take care of myself and DH was very upset by it all too. Perhaps some of my words took hold as she tattooed the word "hope" onto her arm. I was probably pissing her off without realizing it and making her angry and , gosh, I get what your saying! I meant well! I went throught it with my dad and if we lost hope and mom lost hope forget it! IT was HOPE that kept as going! Again ty so much for sharing as you helped me to understand more and never too much TMI, big hug back at you :hug: You hang in there!

Weekend Boater 03-12-2019 08:34 PM

Hi again and sorry for missing so many of you, although I did read the posts. I feel so far behind. A quick update on me.

I finished the room! I finished some paperwork and ads I had to do today and then did the sanding and finished the painting in here! Thank god! By this weekend I want to wash the carpet and move everything back in place. I had the place looking golden a few days ago and now it's a mess already so I want to get everything back in order. I am pleased with what I accomplished though for today.

Onto another note! The wonderful joys of the scale! LOL I have been doing well all month except for that stupid cake one night! I refrained from going on the scale as for me that doesn't benefit me ( as it may for some people), my weight can fluctuate so much in just one given day! So anyways, I was doing good and felt lighter so decided to weigh and lo and behold, same freaking number! LOL Oh boy, was I aggravated this morning! I don't get it, I know my body and this soon in (the 6 week mark or so) I usually drop well doing what I am doing but realize maybe my body is changing. I was bummed for sure but didn't let it derail me this time. I mean, I have one of two options! I either hold my h ands up in the air and say I give up (heck no) or keep going. I opted to keep going, I don't have a choice. Dh said keep at it , it will come off suddenly..maybe I am retaining fluids. SO that is it, I just don't want to give up and wont!

nancylmrn 03-12-2019 09:14 PM

Flower I am not sure how I missed you either! :hug:
Anxiety is an awful burden to bear and it can hit anyone at anytime and there is very little the people you love can do to help other than listen and be supportive. I have a co-worker who also suffers to the point he will actually have to leave work, go home and take medication and bed. I want to say if there is anything we can do to support you or help in anyway I am ready to jump on board that train.

ciecie 03-12-2019 10:02 PM

good evening! 2 miles leslie Sansone this morning before I went to see dad. he's doing very well. he'll be even happier on Thursday when his fridge gets there. they are now going let him start having his manhattans! he's already given some of the staff on how to make them the way he likes them. I have to get the ingredients to my cousin, who is a secretary in the nursing home/rehab end, so she can take them to him. power walked to my meeting tonight. :D

Diana3271 03-12-2019 10:07 PM

Hi Everyone! https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...iles/wavey.gif

Weekend Boater Hang in there. You will see a drop soon.

Total Approx 1515 calories + https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...ges/coffee.gif

Breakfast ( 400 calories & https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...ges/coffee.gif)
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
3 Miles from JS 5 Fat Burning Miles

Have a Blessed evening!

ciecie 03-12-2019 10:15 PM

my fitness goals for today have been attained. will be shutting down in a few minutes. :D

Zallie 03-13-2019 12:19 AM

Good evening

Day 8 results
Binge! 2776 calories.

Skip reading if you don't want too much information!

Was on track until 3PM when I got a call from my daughter who said she left class to take a friend to DHS, because her friend was going to be homeless. And could her friend stay with us? I said let's talk about it in the evening.

Now, in the fall actually until just after Christmas we had another of her friends staying with us who also otherwise would have been homeless. So this was the second friend. And from that experience I know that this type of thing can be complicated and takes a lot out of me.

I had a very busy night planned--- appointments at 4 and 6 and on top of that painters had started on the upstairs so the house was in disarray. And I had not chosen paint- and had that task to do that evening as well. And I thought the friend was going elsewhere for that night, but as I am wrapping up the first appointment- my daughter and friend walk in with no warning.

Long story short - the friend is here. Also the friend is sick with a fever and just had been let out of the hospital due to psychological issues- suicidal. There's more. I could go on.

Anyway I purposely went to two go to foods- had one milky way and a whole box of lemon cookies.
And felt calmer- more able to deal- but fatter after the binge.

And today- Day 9 Tues
Weight went up in the morning to 166.4! Wonder why? :)

Eating today back on track- fasted- 60 calories- veggie chili.

Still nursing the knee and will give it a rest until Wednesday evening to exercise when I will try some pickleball.
Miss the exercise- which is very beneficial to me especially when stressed!
Will probably start back doing some other stuff too that don't involve knees.

Hoping for better news from the scale tomorrow.

Goal for Wednesday- less than 700 calories- to make up for some of that binge. Still aiming for less than 1200 cal average per week.

This binging is just not very useful for my health. I need to find other things that will calm me when under stress- like drinking tea- which does help. And oh yeah - exercise which i do like to do and is not so good right now with the knee.
And with the friend and painters and all I have not had enough sleep and i have tough deadlines to meet at work this week- running behind.

Deep breath.
Sorry for all this.
The woe is me-- when really I have a very blessed life.

I really am fortunate to have a roof and a warm bed and a job and and in general decent health. And family and friends. And also this lovely place with lovely people who are so supportive to help me lose weight. Thank you all!

No time for personals- after midnight and must go to bed.

flower123 03-13-2019 01:21 AM

Hi everyone
Zallie ykes no wonder you binged. Taking in a girl who just tried to suicide and is physically ill? That's quite a big thing. I hope she responds well to love and help from the right outside sources. Just one question. you wrote that she was let out of the hospital because she was suicidal? I hope you can find ways to take care of yourself while she is there. AND I hope someone can find a good place for her to be where she can get the help she needs and deserves.

Ciecie I am glad your dad continues to improve and get healthier

Nancy L Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate it. Congrats on 4 weeks of going to the gym 5 days a week. That is quite an accomplishment. Setting a new pattern. you did that. Also congrats on the weight loss. You are doing great.

Weekend wowww you sure have been industrious finishing the room. And next washing the carpet. Re the weight issue, I had that happen to me in February. It was terrible. I kept saying I know my body. this is not how my body responds to dieting. there seemed to be no logical reason. Things eventually did turn around. But it was terrible dieting and seeing no results.
Re what you wrote to me, I am so glad to read that your father did recover. What an ordeal you all went through. Shocked the doctors wanted to give up. I am sorry your friend turned on you for staying positive. Of course you would hold positive thoughts! What else would you have done? Could it have been that she was angry at the outcome for him and took it out on you?
My SIL was angry with prayer when her husband did not recover. But she was not angry with anyone being positive. Just with prayer. Understandable. When my brother had cancer he required that everyone stay very positive. I kept positive because I needed to. Until I knew there are no hope left for his survival. With my mother I want, and even need everyone stay positive. I do my best. And would never give up on her. But the fears are right there because I deal with so much anxiety. I have been criticized many times for having anxiety. This is what I meant by what I originally wrote. So I do my very best from minute to minute to stay positive. But anxiety can be a mighty foe. On the up side grappling with this has given me more compassion and ability to assist others. Because of all I have been through. So there is an definite up side to it...

Granny thanks for the kind words. I totally get it when you talked about your mom. UTI infections and hallucinations. I have heard of that. It can be so difficult at best. Re your DD2 I am so sorry she lives with anxiety. Its really grueling, as I am sure you know. Especially when challenges arise. Hoping the work with the acupuncturist helps the current physical situations.

Larry sounds like you have been very busy doing great thing. The shriners work sounds so rewarding. And fun. What great work you do. Love that you are landscaping around the new ramp.

Teri the food mover sounds really nice. Glad it works for you. Congrats on your germinating seedlings. I just love growing plants. Especially the ones that end up growing outside

Diana thank you for the prayer. I appreciate it

Momwannabe I wish you would not feel bad for having no time to do personals. I think everyone here understands. you have important priorities. Being a single mom is NOT easy. Just come here and post what you need to say. For me, I am just glad to have you adding your good energy to the group. Congrats on losing the weight. Sorry that the same kg comes and goes right now. Soon it will be forever gone.

Rachel awesome that the goals were met for the day. Your fir baby fence sounds lovely. Is it the kind that curves in at the top? Jackson Galaxy likes those fences :) Thanks for the kind words

Rachel1234 03-13-2019 02:52 AM

Good morning

Nancy, WTG on your consistent gym workouts! Wow! :carrot:

Larry, I adore the Sir Gus smooching scenario:D:D

Flower, Who is Jackson Galaxy?

Yesterday's goals went fairly well.

Today's goals: :tread::exercise::broc: FIBER, 2 liters water, 1200 calories.

Zallie 03-13-2019 06:59 AM

Good morning

Day 10
164.4 Glad it is back down from the binge.

Back to the hard work of weight loss.

Flower- Thanks for the kind words. Good to see you here. The friend is not suicidal now. The friend was suicidal, so went to the hospital. My daughter picked him up from the hospital and took him to DHS, and instead of getting housing he ended up at my house. I think he could have gotten housing, but now is here instead. Had lost his place to live last week and his job. 19 years old. So far I have just been caring and listening to his story, and said we can talk more about things on the weekend.

Zallie 03-13-2019 07:07 AM

hi

Flower- just reread your update on your mom. So sorry you have had to go through such worry. Hope she is doing as well as can be expected and that you can get a little peace. Getting out today? Does that mean things are better? Not trying to pry. No need to answer. Just concerned.

grannynancy 03-13-2019 07:23 AM

Good Morning 135.2 don't have much to say. Still shaky.

The neighbor with the dog who bit me threatened to kill me and I recorded it. I called the police and they filed a report. I will get a restraining order but have no failth that actually means something as she is mentally unbalanced. Had to take BP meds this am :(. Apparently the fact that I simply walk in the neighborhood an she can see me walking provokes her. She told me I should go somewhere else to walk. But it was multiple threats. Will catch up later. Day is planned

Please pray.

ciecie 03-13-2019 08:21 AM

good morning! will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes. :D

Diana3271 03-13-2019 08:27 AM

grannynancy Praying for you and that situation.

Zallie Praying for you and those in your home.

Diana3271 03-13-2019 08:40 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...iles/wavey.gif

Last night: Full body stretch and some exercises from the Dr.
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1515 + :coffee:
N*W*I

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

March 13

Proverbs 1:33
But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.

Jesus faced many terrible experiences in His lifetime. The Bible tells of many incidents where crowds of people sought to kill our Lord. Whenever the pressures got too great, Jesus withdrew and spent time in prayer. That is an important lesson for us to learn. There will be times when the pressures build up while we try to lose weight. When the pressures get too much for us to handle, we should turn to the Lord in prayer. He will comfort us, strengthen us, and give us the courage we need to face every new day.

Today's thought: Jesus will take my mind off my diet!