3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   March 2019 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/317044-march-2019-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome.html)

Zallie 03-13-2019 10:21 PM

Hi

Catching up a bit on posts

Larry - that is quite a story. Glad you made it through. That bike ride that you took with Shriners sounded cool.

Nancy- congrats on the weightloss!

Terri- good for you getting some cleaning done.

Weekend boater- interesting about the epilepsy story-- brain surgery not working. My daughter was 5 when she had brain surgery for seizures and it was a miracle- but she went from daily seizures and a constant electrical storm in her head to none. It was 100% successful in stopping the seizures. Did leave her with some deficits though, but as she couldn't even find her way to the bathroom before that, it was pretty miraculous.

Grannynancy- . a dog bit you? And the neighbor threatened to kill you? That is just too much. What the heck? The neighbor wants you to walk somewhere else? This seems absurd. Did you know this neighbor was so unhinged? A restraining order? What an awful thing to go through. And then to have to live with a neighbor like that.

Today was pretty good- wanted 700 calories went over 716- did play 2 hours of pickleball.

good night all!

nancylmrn 03-13-2019 10:32 PM

Just a quick fly by

Larry & Jen thank you both

jendiet 03-13-2019 11:18 PM

Grrr. ..how did I miss Granny, and Weekends posts???

weekend, I agree it HAS TO CHANGE. Remodeling is going on beyond what the scale can pick up.

ciecie, so glad that dad is doing well.

Granny, omg!! She's a nut job...but I just read a meme where it said their demons are annoyed by you so they will never like you...

I am starting to have trouble out of someone who up until now, has not bothered me, she has been a thorn in everyone else's side...and while I was at a church lunch she walked by me talking about her enemies bothering and said "I don't worry because God will strike them down dead if He has to"...

she was deliberately close to me and I felt the chill of her I'll wishes. .I immediately rebuked the devil and any witchcraft...

I am glad you are ok. I pray you do get that restraining order.

Larry! I have had 3 c sections and I know the fear before going under but not about having someone do ascribed things to me....I am glad God has you peaceful in His loving arms. Congratulations on being sober so long!!! Whom the Son sets free is free indeed.

Flower, I pray you are more at peace and your mom is doing better.

Terri, you are doing small steps by meeting some gosls...as long as you keep going!!

Zallie, oh my!! What a blessing for you to be there for others and open your home to them!! I pray for wisdom and direction as you guide these souls.

I think I am caught back up on everyone since I last posted.

made my 10,000 but Google fit made me quite upset. I finally got 11,365 steps on my NEW tracker...I had to jog in place some and Google fit pulled 9620 steps out of SOMEWHERE??? So I jogged in place for 400 more steps on Samsung health which then integrated it, but boy was I upset!!!

I got my check mark though!! The other tracker is at 23,342 steps. I have tried swinging my arm around, it doesn't pick up those steps, so NOT SURE WHAT it is picking up, I do a lot of quick movements that I don't really consider steps, more like glides...I wonder if that's it??? I don't know...but I like the challenge with the new one so I will continue fighting it for my 10,000 goal...

1762, calories a little high. I truly wish I didn't like food so much!

Weekend Boater 03-14-2019 12:49 AM

I read the posts and again I am so behind! Just know that you are all so important to me!

There is so much I want to say and yet again fear of leaving you guys a book@ lol

I will touch base soon! Diana, thanks! I am hanging in there and I was so glad to read that your meds (shingles are over).

I am pretty wiped out really, I just know that I feel connected to so may of you! Thank you so much!

I will do personals soon. GrannyNancy, threats like that have to always be taken seriously of course and you were so smart to record it I could be wrong of course but the fact that she told you to not walk a certain route sounds like she is trying to scare you. They typically would not do that or send a warning that way, from what I know anyways. Please keep us posted, we are here for you!

FLower, you are right on! That is exactly what I think it was! She lashed out at me. I think I get all that you said and I so appreciate it! BTW thanks for the kind words! I feel that sometimes a person can get so much into their own pain and not be able to see beyond that. No judgment here, we are all different. I so totally have seen in you the ability to go beyond that and extend yourself regardless of what is going on, the compassion and empathy as you stated! Not everyone can do that. That take greatness! It's n ot always easy to do! I speak in all honesty when I say I have seen that in you and that is amazing!!! Hold your head up high for who you are! Regarding anxiety, jeesh! We are human! They, or according to the literature, every single one of us will experience anxiety at one point in our life! It is just another human emotion and yes there can be different levels of it. It did upset me to hear that you have been critized of that but you were right on! IT's typically t hose that have not experienced it yet or just don't understand it (or are afraid of it). Oh yes, fear is a big factor. My dad, his cardiologist actually said to him one year later, "your still alive?" He grew to know and love them and I heard he had a health issue and he so changed! This was mind you approximately 10 years ago and ! LOL I did hear that the doc is so good with them now and has changed, I feel or think sometimes people just don't always relate until or unless they go through the same thing........thus, I,e, the anxiety! Sometimes, we, as humans are fearful of the unknown. Don't ever EVER let anyone criticize you for this, ever! What you said about it changing you or giving you the capability to be empathic is so true but that is not always the case! You are exceptional! Be proud and hold your head high because you truly are beautiful! OMG you guys are going to roast me for typing so much! lol

Me! The day started bad and I just had had it! lol seriously! I took a breather and than got back at it and accomplished what I needed to do! Jeesh, where is the vacation? lol I am long overdue, I either have a sick animal at home (and no I wont go)o r some other stuff going on. I am hanging in there and we are piece mealingt hings,so to speak! There is a lot to be thankful for and I try to focus on that but stilllllll, I want a vaca! lol :) much love to you all and I hope to address all the posts soon.

Weekend Boater 03-14-2019 12:55 AM

Zallie that is amazing!

Weekend Boater 03-14-2019 01:41 AM

Jen, I don't know what is going on with your tracker but I do knowww that I need to charge mine up and get back to it! lol Sounds like you great with your steps and your active, wish I could help more! Hugs

flower123 03-14-2019 04:04 AM

Hi all
Today was again a pretty good calorie day.
coffee and hot chocolate 300? (okay, i didnt say it was a great calorie day)
Bamba 480
Sample of vegan rice at TJ's 30?
chicken, cabbage and coco aminos 200
salad romaine lettuce, snap peas cucumber low cal.feta cheese and lemon juice 130
total for day 1140

Rachel so glad yesterday's goals went well. Jackson Galaxy is known as "the cat daddy" He is a cat behavorist who has an uncanny sense of whats going on with problematic cats and what they need to correct it. I love him because of his good heart. But it goes far beyond that. He is gifted. He has 2 shows on the animal planet. One is My cat from ****. I do not remember the name of the other show.. But Teri told me about it. It was good as well. I think he has some videos on his fb page. AND he is a rock musician also. :)

zallie congrats on being back down from the binge WTG!! wow and "thumbs up" on the 716 calories. That's quite low. You are such a good and kind person to be taking in this guy in need. I hope it works out for everyone Including you. That you do not get overly stressed with this new temp addition. Re my mom, thanks for asking. You are not prying at all. The plan was that she would get out of ICU today. Moved to a regular hospital room. But that did not happen. She seems stronger every day. She is sitting up in a chair. The doctors still are looking for whats causing some of the symptoms. But all tests thankfully have come out negative. And they have done exhaustive tests and scans. I do think she had a roaring bacterial infection that she picked up earlier last week when she was in the hospital. AND she had small blood clots. So she was put on blood thinner. The doctor seems pleased with her progress. But they cannot quite figure out whats wrong with her. She went through a lot since last friday. There is one thing i am for now leaving out. Perhaps someday I will say it. But it is the reason for the continued anxiety for her.

Granny I am praying. So sorry you are living with this threat right in your neighborhood. Being/feeling safe is so important. Can the police report this to mental health professionals? Anyway, Praying that you are well protected. More prayer than that. Just not writing it all. Holding solidarity, support and light for you.

Jen thank you for t he prayers. And thank you for telling me your story with anxiety. I am so grateful for you that you were able to transcend the anxiety. That you found that deep faith. Stronger than the anxiety. so glad you are now taking Iron. Sounded like it was very needed. Glad the magnesium is helping as well. I too would have prayed a lot if someone walked by me and I could feel the chill of her ill wishes. I use a powerful prayer that is so light that darkness feels burned by it. Its a very common prayer actually.

Nancy L 4.6 loss in one week? wowwwwww that is amazing. Congrats. So happy for you. Hope you like the charm

Ciecie :wave: glad you are doing well

Diana hoping the shingles is continuing to improve. And that you are better able to tolerate the medication.

Teri thanks for the stories about the seedlings. Its always a pleasure to think of growing season

Chronostasis great to meet you. congrats on your decision to get back on track.

Larry amazing story about your bypass surgery. What a great story of 12 step recovery and faith.

Weekend thank you for the very kind words. I truly appreciate it. I think we each are gifted in different, and some similar ways. And yes, there are people who get so stuck in their own world that they do not act with compassion and love for others. The often shun those who seem weak. I think it does not matter when someone learns true compassion. As long as they do actually learn that. You always have had an abundance of compassion and great energy. I am glad now that you are living back where your heart needs to be. Great story about the MD who was so obnoxious in his words to your dad,. "Obnoxious" was a judgement on my part. But honestly what he said to your dad was horrible! And now through his own adversity he treats others with caring and respect. Adversity can be a mighty teacher. Finally, all those kind words you said to me? There is something known as "mirrors". Good or bad, we see in others what we have (or fear) within ourselves. So the kind things you notice in me, they too are within you. <3 I am praying for that well deserved vacation for you.

Sorry this was another book. I never was blessed with a brief gene. But I do continue to aspire to brevity.
I hope everyone has an awesome Thursday.

Rachel1234 03-14-2019 04:12 AM

Good morning

Larry, WOW!!! What a testimony!! Thanks for sharing that with Jen (and the rest of us:D). Very uplifting.

Flower, yes the cat fence has the curved top :D

Did fine on my goals from yesterday.

Today's goals: treadmill, situps and stretching, veggies, fiber, 2 liters water, 1200 calories.

grannynancy 03-14-2019 05:28 AM

Good Morning - 133.6.

Ok the story with the dog. Last year a neighbor's dog got loose, ran up to me and bit me and broke the skin. I filed report with animal control. Dog continued to get loose, terrorize the neighborhood, tear up a neighbor's dog to the tune of stitches and drains, and chase another neighbor into their house. Animal control took the dog and put it to sleep. She has put ALL the blame for this on me and has been aggressive towards me. I have two incidents on file the first was witnessed and the witness reported that she gunned her engines and charged me with her vehicle forcing me to jump out of the road. The second is a death threat which I recorded on my cell phone and sent to the police. They can arrest her if a 3rd in 90 days. The police has suggested I file a restraining order and not walk in front of her house and wear a go pro running at all times. So I am the one held prisoner. So I am praying for solutions. I may also talk with an attorney. My goal is simply my own safety and that of my husband and my pets. It is not about extracting vengeance which is her goal.

Yesterday my BP shot up to 140/90 and I took meds. It was 118/80 this am and DH is getting ready to walk with me. The dogs will have to be taken somewhere to play because he cannot walk as fast as me and it is too slow for them. He is waiting for me got to go come back later

We got our walk in. I have 3 neighbors lined up with me to go get the restraining order but first I need to go downtown to get copies of the police report. This may not happen for a few weeks but I will pull it together.

Yesterday I ate about 2700 calories! Chick Filet lunch and Culvers dinner plus ice cream - hahaha - so my weight dropped. I was out and about and the dog training with the PD was good. Today is not fully planned but is completely sane. I am not going to beat myself up. Was that a binge? It was a sandwich and fries for lunch and a sandwich, fries, and ice cream for dinner. I did have a biscotti and cup of coffee for the drive home.

Ok sorry so much for the inward focus will restart personals tomorrow.

ciecie 03-14-2019 05:38 AM

good morning! will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes. :D

Zallie 03-14-2019 06:59 AM

Morning

Today's goal 900 calories
1200 average for the week.

All have a good day and may you meet your weightloss goals.

Diana3271 03-14-2019 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry H (Post 5384431)
Jen - Your post really hit home with me. You once asked if I had any special experience with faith. Well it's a long story but here goes.

I am a full blown alcoholic. I have been sober for 43 continuous years now by the grace of God and a certain 12 step program which tradition prevents me from naming but you can find them very close to the front of any phone book. 43 years ago I believed in a punishing God as revealed in the Old Testament. Slowly though the 12 step process my belief changed from a punishing God to a loving God and then I went the rest of the way and began really trusting God. Today my prayers always request what he would have me do. His will not mine.

Fast forward to 2009 and I have an 80% blocked left main artery in my heart along with another. I asked the surgeon what he was about to do. The surgeon asked me did I really want to know and I assured him that I did. He explained they would cut me open from the top of my chest and about a foot down. He would saw through my breast bone and put me on a heart lung machine. Then cool my chest cavity and stop my heart. Harvest needed material, in my case the mammary vein and left radial artery from my arm to use in the bypass, perform the bypass and then in his words "Hopefully restart your heart" As I was being wheeled into the operating room I had a big smile on my face and I was waving at people. I caused quite a sensation in the operating room that day. I was asked why I was so cheerful when most people are scared to death. My reply was "Today I trust God fully" it does not matter to me what the outcome is because I have full confidence that live or die God has my best interest in mind. With this belief I was fully at peace. Evidently God has more work for me here on Earth as I came through the surgery fine. I have already been able to help others face dangerous surgery by sharing this story.

I think you can see why your post was right on target with me. Thanks for sharing

That's awesome!

Diana3271 03-14-2019 08:02 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...iles/wavey.gif

Last night: Full body stretch and some exercises from the Dr.
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1515 + :coffee:
N*W*I (I will weigh in again on Saturday)

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

March 14

Isaiah 41:10
Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Will the diet ever end? That question gets asked an awful lot. What starts out as a good idea soon becomes torture. Giving up seems to be such a good idea. It's at those times that we need the most strength. We need something to pull us through the really tough times. The love of God is just what we need. God will give us strength and courage and will help us fight off the temptation to quit. Call upon the Lord, and He will uphold you, He will strengthen you, He will stay with you, no matter how tough the diet gets.

Today's thought: If I can make it through the tough times, I can make it through anything!

jendiet 03-14-2019 10:51 AM

Granny, I wouldn't consider it a binge. I think you are stressed but the refeed will keep your metabolism from going haywire. I pray for Godly wisdom and a solution that doesn't make you feel trapped. Try blessing them out. Pray for them to get a place more suitable to their needs or an upgrade.

Diana, great post, beginning to think NOT. I woke up to 181.0. Talk about maddening...

great job Zallie!!! I might try to take my diets app suggestions for today since cravings have gone way down...

Flower, I also love people who are really in tuned to animals. They were created by God as companions. Interesting you say that about prayers of light because the Bible talks about God being the Father of lights. It also refers to darkness as evil.

I am so glad your mom is up and talking. The neighbors grandmother just went to the hospital via ambulance. I'm praying for her too.

weekend, I tend to take what doctors say as suggestions. If it doesn't line up with God's word I rebuke it and wait until it does...I really hate bad bedside manners, but I think God goes after them the most with shocking cases...I love the comraderie the doctor showed when he realized his patient was proving him wrong.

seriously frustrated by the scale but it's just doing what it was created to do. Trying my best to ignore hunger...think I will resort to hot tea instead of food. Pf has not come and my right ovary has been in pain for some reason ..

I got the yard cleaned and hopefully friend will be by to cut grass and I can focus on flower beds...

I swept and mopped all floors. I have to do a load of laundry...I WILL get paperwork done this weekend
​​​​​​

Chronostasis 03-14-2019 11:55 AM

Great to see everyone! I see some old familiar names and new ones too.

As for myself...I feel very 'bah humbug'! I did not have a good day yesterday evening. I just kept eating when I should have stopped (and no, I didn't go to the gym!). I tried to log it all and ended up with a total of about 4100 kcal! Yikes! Well, there's nothing to be done now but try to eat less today. It's noon and I've eaten about 500 kcal, so I'm doing better than yesterday. Can I water fast through the next 12-24 hours? It's a challenge...