3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   March 2019 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/317044-march-2019-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome.html)

Teri000 03-05-2019 10:42 PM

March 2019

Hi! So many people I know here....that is really nice.

Accomplishments:
1) drank water
2) used food move (ate too many carbs/sweets, not enough fruits and veggies)
3) biked
4) went over part of a pile of newspapers and cleaned out part of my car.

TO DO:
1) food mover
2) bike
3) water
4) figure out health insurance
5) I have a cat with health problems...

I think I had an okay day...

jendiet 03-05-2019 11:00 PM

Diana, I hope all goes well with the NP tomorrow.

Granny thanks so much for the advice. Yeah calling me foolish and unintelligent hurts but as long as they are talking **to me** it's a chance to share the Gospel...I put my foot down by not responding any more when I'm done...I have to agree with DD2. I am not terribly phobic but I don't **watch**. I hated epidurals for the csections I had. One particular one, he had to keep repositioning me. .I thought I would throw up every time I heard it sliding in...I felt like a shish-kabob...and yes I got bad spinal headaches AND the site throbbed when pf came around which seemed unrelated but caused so much pain in the site **so I knew they were**.

weekend, when I do OMAD and have an early dinner, I go to bed thinking about food...and I wake up not hungry. Supposedly your body digs into your stores so you are more satisfied when you wake up...

amazing that your forewent any of the goodies!!

Jules, no news is good news?

what is up with my not seeing posts before I post and then them popping up?

Terri, glad you drifted back...great goals. One step at a time

my zoodle/spaghetti dinner was ok...the water made my sauce watery and almost made me give up, but I feel the zucchini did a nice job filling me up with one zucchini and 1/2 cup angel hair.

1395 for the day, but my stomach is growling (Just the Holy Spirit getting comfortable).

I also made 10,000 steps today...I really don't know WHAT the other tracker is tracking. It says 30, 311.. I tried to keep an eye on my newer one and make sure it's always picking up steps....it seems to be, so I think the other ones accelerometer is a little zealous about movement...

oh well good,night everyone

ciecie 03-05-2019 11:19 PM

diana, hope everything goes well when you see the nurse practioner tomorrow. will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed. :D

JulesMarion 03-06-2019 02:20 AM

Heard from the doc and I’m all good! He said it has happened before to have seen things that appear to look suspicious but are not anything serious.

I will choose to not feel silly - I’m glad I got checked out, better safe than sorry!

Rachel1234 03-06-2019 04:23 AM

Good morning

Jendiet, I love how open and bold you are about your faith and love for our Lord Jesus the Christ! Scripture tells us that we would seem "foolish" to others if we walk with Him. I just cling to His promises to us. You are a shining light of His love!!

Granny, thanks so much for your water idea of using a measured tumbler plus drinking every time you go. Great idea! I will try to incorporate that!

Teri000, good for you to write down your accomplishments & goals. I find that it helps to get it written down so that I can see it! I hope your kitty will be okay?

Nancylmrn, hang in there. You're doing everything right! Great workout yesterday, even though you didn't feel like doing it. You did it!

Yesterday went pretty well.

Today's goals:
:wl::lifter: stretching, fiber, veggies, 2 liters of water, 1200 calories.

flower123 03-06-2019 04:35 AM

Stopping by to say hi :wave: I read posts. But no personals from me today. Tuesday I kept food down to dull roar. But still am doing stress eating. Tomorrow I will have to throw the container of cocoa powder up on a shelf in the garage that I cannot reach. That seems to work well for me with non perishables as lomg as they are sealed well in a container. I could end up with a nice collection of food up there :rofl:

I hope everyone has a good Wednesday.

Zallie 03-06-2019 05:13 AM

Day 2 results:

Cal:780 actual- 700 goal.
9 oz pork, 1 tbsp sauce, and a banana.
Boy, the calories add up fast.
Over my goal by 80. Yikes on day 2.
And 6 hours sleep. ;(

Day 3 goal 3000 cal due to it being my bday today 2+ hours pickleball, 1 hour bootcamp.
1200 cal/avg for the week.

Nancy- Sure understand how it can be painful to be up a pound with no reason. Hopefully just water retention. Looks like you are sticking to your eating plan. Good for you.
Jen- sounds like you are very caring with that food ministry and all.
JulesMarion- Love good books. Went on the waitlist for Atomic habits at the library an am something like 400 on the list. Have read The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg too and liked it
Flower- hoping your mom is OK.

Wow, this writing takes a while, so can’t do all the personals I’d like to. Wish all of you the best today sticking with your plans!

grannynancy 03-06-2019 06:16 AM

Good Morning 134.2. Back on track and ok. Walked 20,105 steps yesterday. 1708 in and 1825 out. Today is planned at 1423 calories with more allowed if steps reach goal. If you have a desk job wow the amount of walking you need to catch up is phenomenal compared to if you are on your feet all day. Tonight is search training at a local park. Brrrr.

Have to get out the door and walk in order to get back before work. Brrrr. It is 27 out. You know the good thing about having GSDs is it is a safe neighborhood but the size, alertness, and pointy eared factor does make you feel safer. We covered our blueberry bushes that are fruiting with sheets last night and hope they are safe.

I saw a great idea for lent. Instead of "giving up some food" I am going to try to fill one bag each day of useful items to donate - Not talking about giving away trash and feeling good about it but stuff people could conceivably use.

Zallie - Happy Birthday! Sleep is critical to weight loss!
Jules - glad all is ok. Better safe than sorry. I just ordered Atomic Habits. Should be here on Friday in time for the weekend.
Diana - Hope you get some relief.

Well gotta get out the door and brave the dark and the cold. The coffee has been consumed and time is running out. :coffee:

Added: First 4 miles down and eating breakfast. Last night I came up with my own recipe for something neat. Fennel, onions,, apples all steamed in a sauce made of milk, goat cheese, and cream of wheat cereal topped with walnuts. It was quite good. Fennel is a great potassium source.

ciecie 03-06-2019 07:45 AM

good morning! will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes. :D

Diana3271 03-06-2019 08:00 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...iles/wavey.gif

Again, my body doesn't like something. I have been on plan since the drama of Sunday but I have seen another gain. I did this with the last round of shingles medicine and that's why I quit weighing during that time. I have been taking the lysine, too. I also did some more research online and saw where cimetidine was helpful with shingles. I swapped out my other antacid for cimetidine. This morning it looks like there has been a lot of drying of the shingles rash. We'll see what the NP says today.

Last night: Full Body Stretch and some exercises from the Dr.
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1515 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 189.6
Up: 1 pound

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

March 6

2 Thessalonians 3:3
But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil.

All her life she had tried to kid herself and say she didn't really have a weight problem. To admit she was fat would have been to admit that she needed to change her habits. She wasn't ready for that. Then her closest and dearest friend had a heart attack. It really scared her and forced her to look at the truth. She was fat, and nothing could change that fact unless she did something about it. It took a lot of courage to face the truth, but it seemed like a lot less courage than facing a possible heart attack. With God's help, she knew she could face the truth and change for the better.

Today's thought: God makes me fit to fight fat!

ciecie 03-06-2019 08:17 AM

diana, my mom used gold bond lotion to dry the shingles. it helped her! :D

Diana3271 03-06-2019 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ciecie (Post 5383798)
diana, my mom used gold bond lotion to dry the shingles. it helped her! :D

Do you know which one?

The problem is getting the virus to calm down.

ciecie 03-06-2019 09:45 AM

I believe my mom used the regular gold bond lotion. it's been many years since she had the shingles. as you know, my mom died of cancer a little over three years ago.

jendiet 03-06-2019 10:26 AM

Diana, again I pray that virus dries up at the root. The verse I frequently go to when it comes to "natural" problems is when Jesus cursed the fig tree at the root and it dried up... but YOU COULDN'T SEE it ..until later. All the work by the Word was being done OUT OF SIGHT...but it was working...and this is where Jesus also told us "these things and greater will you do if you believe in Me"

I really believe this prayer was the turning point for my mom with the Hep C virus. I watched her take HUGE capsules and fill them up with cayenne pepper and the stuff burned her...burned her fingers, eyes...and for the first time instead of just being thankful God provided healing plants for us I was MAD. Mad she was suffering, mad she was being burned by treatments and I just cursed it and commanded it to dry up like the fig tree.

she did end up getting a report there was no trace of Hep C in her body. I praise God He healed her.

Granny, that sounds interesting, I would try it. Isn't fennel close to Anise? Wow the steps...and I hope the search goes well.I like your lent idea. It goes along with the Bible Verse "is this no the fast I have chosen."..Isaiah 58:6

Zallie, wow great job...it's hard to eat that little food. Happy Birthday!! I'm glad you are just going to enjoy your day. Have fun with pickle ball and all.

Flower, lol, about the banished snack collection. Was it Terri that locks it in the basement??? I think it's a good plan and something I would do. .that's why I do CAD , I can not just throw food away and I'm always getting goodies for kiddos. .I have bad food jealousy too.

Rachel, thank you, I love your enthusiasm for being the light too. Great job on goals...

Larry, what's cookin?

syck, what amazing Indian food is on the menu? I love exotic food (except wierd, squishy, slimy things, or insects) I love ANYTHING coconut.

Jules, yay on good news. I hate parasites. I have a phobia. I had a friend who had a tapeworm when she was little, she thought she had a tail and happily went to show her grandmother...I would have screamed and fainted after I jerked the $!@# out. Our dog ate a sock once .she went poo and had something swinging out of her behind and I was petrified but yanked the thing out...I tried my hardest not to vomit but was so thankful it was just shredded coiled sock ...

ciecie, how did eye appointment go??

Terri, how are kitties??? R u able to plant yet? I had to cover the blooming bulbs I was just about to plant when it dropped into 20s again.

179.0 today...stomach is growling like the dickens...I am still below 180 and 5 days away from TOM so far so good. If I can just manage chocolate cravings..

have a good day

JulesMarion 03-06-2019 10:38 AM

Jen the mental picture of the little girl has me squirming. I was mortified at the thought and I am so thankful that all is well.
Granny I am sure you will love Atomic Habits. I’m already scrutinizing my life to find ways to ‘habit stack’ as he calls it. (Building and pairing habits together)
Zallie I also read/audio book the Power of Habit - great read! Atomic Habits builds off of it and references it through the book. I love finding a good read!
Flower I too, am thinking of hiding my cocoa flavored treats out of reach/ somewhere inconvenient. Right now they’re on a top shelf in the kitchen and at my height it isn’t too difficult to reach. I like having them for a treat but that cabinet has become a frequent stop...
Diana I am seconding Jen’s prayer that the shingles dries up. We may be scattered but we are all praying in our hearts for yours and Connie’s healing.

I am feeling encouraged - I have a few days of workouts and good eating under my belt. I have felt so swollen and bloated that I just don’t want to weigh in until I feel like myself again. Probably a week or two. .. I skipped my period last month probably due to the migraine and sinus infection. So now my hormones are playing catch up and I feel like a roller coaster.