3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   March 2019 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/317044-march-2019-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome.html)

Rachel1234 03-11-2019 04:01 AM

Good morning

Diana, you need to know how much of an inspiration you are to all of us. I pray for encouragement and uplifting for you, dear girl. Today is a new day. :hug::hug::hug:

Jendiet, :hug::hug::hug:

Weekend, so fun to hear about your silly cat! Don't you just love these wonderful creatures? They each have such individual personalities. I don't know what I'd do without my furbabes.

My average for the week is 1214 calories. I'm very happy with that. I didn't get any veggies in yesterday. Played Scrabble and had some Bridge Mix; enjoyed both.

Today's goals:
:woops::exercise::broc: fiber, 2 liters water, 1200 calories.

Forging ahead. It's a brand new week. Where are Larry, Emily, and Flower? Hope all is well.

Zallie 03-11-2019 06:17 AM

Week 1 results
164.8 which is down from my 170 high on March 1st.
Avg 1223 cal for week
One binge.

This week 1200 cal avg per day.
7 hours plus sleep per night.
Today 1900, as I know I am going out to lunch.

Jen sounds like you went back to it yesterday. Super.
Rachael-way to go for the week. I look at where you are and that is where I want to go
Diana- hope youare feeling better. Today is another day!
Weekend- hi to your cat/goat.

No time for more!

grannynancy 03-11-2019 06:22 AM

Good Morning 135.6. No surprise. PF only came by and teased me yesterday. Also 1860 in 1830 out and 1490 steps. Today is planned and is 1589 calories. BP was 104 over 69. Today is planned and is 1458 calories which won't be so bad as I will consume a lot of water to see if PF will come for a longer visit. Good Grief I remember my parents talking about this so much as they got older. I think it is the bane of aging!

The time change has thrown a monkey wrench into everything and I feel *off* ; I know it messes up many many people, throwing stuff out of whack and I am going to bet that this is part of what is going on with everyone who is having problems this week! It is silly and I wish she quite with the DST and ST and just used one or the other!!! I got out of kilter yesterday and kept stuff somewhat under control but did not eat what I planned as I was doing the weekly grocery shopping etc. The shrinkage of the boobs has made bra shopping much better and I found these Hanes sports type bras that are very comfortable and FIT. LOL I MUST wear bras even at home. The pancakes hang down so low ... yes all those cartoons of old women boobs are spot on. I mean the other day we just started laughing at them.

DH's weight has creeped back up from the high 160s to the high 180s and he is going to start making his lunch to take with him and I did buy (at his request) some foods I don't normally eat as he intends to take sandwiches and fruit to work with him. He is on the road daily and I *get* that the allure of fast foods and convenience store foods is a bit harder on him than on me who is home and does not have the triggers; I hope these foods do not tempt me. I do know the rye and pumpernickel from Aldi will :). . I did NOT get enough sleep two days in a row and, as much as I hate missing the walk this am I think sleep is more critical so will complete this and go back to sleep until time for work. Sorry, dogs.

Out of this Atomic Habits book so far I am getting is that I do have some good habits and some bad habits. Waking up, planning food, walking (under construction not yet atomic), and even logging here are all good things. Bad habits are too much time jumping over to the personal laptop on social media if I hit a snag at work so this laptop will be shut down and put away each morning after the ritual is done only to be opened after work for a short while. Twice a day is enough! Still reading the book and have some lists to make etc. Watching TV at night will be a bad habit I need to get rid of.

Jendiet - be kind to yourself. You are a lovely woman who seems to be so giving for everyone else and you have a very busy and stressful life. Learn to give to YOU and little and love YOU and recharge your batteries. I learned a long time ago being a caregiver for my mother that when you don't put your needs first things fall apart and make you less, not more, capable of of giving in the long wrong. Write it down. What makes you binge? What is the trigger? See if you can eliminate that and remember you can only go forward not backward. Hugs. I will pray for you. Glad your food intake yesterday was better.

Diana - You have been steady and I pray this stumble is just that. I imagine the toll of shingles and the sickness of Ms Connie have both taken its toll on you. Like Jen, regroup. You've come to far and you have got this. You have good habits and know they can kick back in. You, like Jendiet seem to be very caring and giving. I will pray for you to refocus.

Rachel - You are doing good!

Ciece - Even you get knocked off your very steady resolute walking. Your walking helps fuel me and keeps me going as it seems to be a critical component of maintenance. I know you will get back on track and sometimes you need a break from the routine!

Momwannabe - Glad for the rain for you. Seriously you have been without for so long and the drop in pressure seems like it can trigger cravings. Honey is better than refined sugar but still, as you know, glycemic response and sets you up for wanting more. Out of sight out of mind :).

Weekend Boater - Yes our cats are characters. I truly love Jangles and hate her drive to go outside. She was an outdoor cat when we got her and it is so ingrained in her that we have to let her out to hunt or she will find a way. I just got her a cat collar as I have seen her between our house and the new subdivision. Everyone here knows her and she is street savvy but she is also friendly so i want something that says where she belongs. I know she will lose the darned collars and they are expensive. But the new folks don't know her. Will also make a flyer with her picture to give them. DH wants to make a cat fence for the backyard but I am not sure how realistic it is.

Zallie - you are doing fine! Take care of the knee and just keep your focus. This is a life change so it won't be perfect but it is the general direction that matters the most and that just needs some refining.

Teri - I too have felt a grounding effect from red meat even though we try not to eat very much. Resarch on the topic is interesting. I do eat it once or twice a week or so. Nancy - I too spend the money for better grass fed meat; like the pasture raised eggs they are not something I consume so much of that I find spending the money is too much.

Well, I only got 5.5 hours of sleep last night and am going to try to catch up before work so shutting down my personal laptop until after work!

Diana3271 03-11-2019 08:12 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...iles/wavey.gif

Thank you so much for the support! I will say this . . . I have had a weight problem for a long time, as long as I can remember. Overeating has been a problem, not as much binging. Certain foods were an issue when I was a child, peanut butter and cereal, but I had limited access to those food. We lived in the country, so it's not like you could eat all of something and then easily replace it. So it was a problem if those foods were around me. As an adult, I made sure I limited those items in the house due to my issues. The binging came about mostly during this most recent weight loss journey. I started this journey in 2008. My Dad passed away in 2007 from cancer and I wanted to get as healthy as I could. I never had major health issues, just constantly being overweight. I got to my goal weight in 2011. I was playing around with maintenance and figuring out what worked for me. I would lose down so I could splurge on vacation, holidays, or fun weekends. Something in this recent journey has triggered binging, desire to binge, etc. I'm not sure what it is, but I am going to continue to pray on this situation. I am realizing more and more what the solution is. This behavior is flat out wrong. Would I go out and hit someone to hurt them? Would I go and damage someone else's property? I could go on and on with examples, you know what I mean. The answer is no, I would not. Why am I treating myself this way? When you compare my behavior to what I just described it is completely wrong and goes against everything that I have ever been taught. It goes against how my parents taught me about how I should treat others and how I should conduct my self. It goes against everything that I have learned from church and the Bible. Wrong is wrong and there is no way to make it right. I would not accept this behavior toward another person or thing why should I think it is OK toward myself.

Last night: Full body stretch and some exercises from the Dr.
This Morning: Oxycise

NO WEIGH IN

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your week!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

March 11

Genesis 28:15
And, behold, I am with thee, and will keep thee in all places whither thou goest, and will bring thee again into this land; for I will not leave thee, until I have done that which I have spoken to thee of.

When I was little, I just hated to be alone. I was afraid of being by myself. When my family got a dog, it made my fear go away. There was never a time when I was alone again. Just having some other presence with me made a huge difference. Now that I'm grown up I still have a constant companion who will never leave me alone. That companion is God. No matter what I do, I know I am not alone in the endeavor. My diet is no exception. When I feel the most alone, I just rely on the support of the Lord, and He gives me strength beyond measure.

ciecie 03-11-2019 08:39 AM

good morning! just had breakfast. will work out in a few minutes. :D

jendiet 03-11-2019 09:18 AM

Diana, great devotion and great assessment. Yes, I do believe eating disorders (which I have struggled with since a teen) are a form of destruction to ourselves. I also think of all the people who are starving while I have a surplus making me fat...:( . Big hugs again. We both will beat the binge behavior...

ciecie, good morning. glad you are just as steady as ever!

Granny, yes the time change @ the same time as TOM has made me whacky!!! I was supposed to drive to Greenville today, thank God didn't have to but I made a lunch with cheese crisps, celery and a bubbly for the road...I am sure DH will snap his fingers and lose 10 lbs just like our champion Larry (Larry where art thou?). Lol about boob shrinkage because I am the same way and two extended breast feeders have taken its toll, yes I'm losing my boobage too but truth be told, I don't like how big boobs make you feel frumpy...I wish they would shrink completely skin and all though...

you are truly not only rocking maintenance but giving is a much needed numbers oriented look at maintenance..Thank you for your kind words and prayers. I didn't know you had a cat...I love cats. My friend I live with does not and we have two sweet dogs. I love all animals though. I lost one cat to kidney failure, pretty sure the neighbor shot the other one and when I got banned from my house, I saw my other cat one more time and then she was gone. Broke my heart. They were all outside cats started off indoors but I couldn't keep up with the bad behaviors...I kept my abby comfortable in a cat house on my porch. I love animals but not pet hair...it makes me itch and I get pet hair "splinters"...like when I'm walking I feel a weird burning sensation...I pull off my shoe and sock and it's a dog hair embedded in my skin of my foot sticking straight up???never heard of that before???

I'm glad you guys share about your fur babies.

Granny, I bought brown cage free eggs and I have a thing against eating fertilized eggs...someone said if you see a white dot next to the yolk it's rooster sperm and also I found a red spot in another and I scooped it out but it gave me the creeps abut buying these eggs again?? What is that stuff???

Zallie, that is awesome!!! 164.8 from 170!!!

Rachel, my Aunt would play dominos and have a bridge mix as well..glad you got to enjoy your day way to go on your goals

momwb, Praise God for rain!!! I love honey in hot tea, but like Granny said the glycemic index isn't too far from table sugar.

weekend, lol about goat cat. also about hubby grabbing cat to take to bed. My kids are snuggly billy goats. My 7 year old begs to sleep with me and doesn't like to miss first morning cuddle sessions before school.

Nancy, how are you today? How did the New York steak turn out (one of my faves).

well, weird getting up at dark again. Sleepy and hungry so going to take a nap...181.4 today but sure it's just TOM retention...and bulk from 2 binges...hoping for ...below 180 again. Soon.

kelijpa 03-11-2019 10:48 AM

Good morning all.
147.6 this morning
147.5 yesterday

Diana you’re awesome. I often tell my friends “don’t talk about my friend that way” when they are berating themselves for something. I have often sat back and wondered why we treat ourselves the way we do. Especially when it comes to unhealthy behaviors, I mean us as a society. If you look around so many of us are abusing or taking our bodies to the limits of unhealthy. Know you’re not alone and you’re doing great by recognizing it and doing something about it. So many people do not. I have reassessed my own current behavior, accepting being above where I want to be on the scale and below where I want to be in terms of activity level. Per our weekly topic at WW I set a tiny specific goal for exercising, it seems to be working to get me out of this slump or whatever it is. I always have this inner battle with FatGirl wanting to take back control, this time she was pretty sneaky. :hug: :hug: :hug:

best to all :sunny: :grouphug:

ciecie 03-11-2019 11:44 AM

good morning again! got home from power walking and running errands. will have to go back up later on today as my prescriptions weren't ready. :D

Teri000 03-11-2019 12:14 PM

March 2019

Hello!
My note did not go through and only half was saved. I must do shorter notes...

Momwannabe: I just realized that you live in South Africa. There are a lot of really beautiful flowers that originate there. I am thinking of bulbs that don't survive the winter here. Is there still a problem with a water shortage?

Jen: If I lived in S. Carolina, maybe I'd have an unheated greenhouse and grow stuff during the winter, if that would work. I knew someone in PA with a horticulture business whose greenhouse was heated naturally from steam from the ground. Hope you start feeling better. Some foods make me feel really edgy and other foods...the-ones-that-make-fat make me feel good... Oh, maybe some fish would make you feel better.

GranNan: Wish I weighed 180 (again)...

Wkend and Rachel: I love my cat, too. Will tell a story another times...

DID-IT
1) no food mover.
2) no exercise, except knee exercises.
3) worked with seedlings.
4) cleaned fridge.

TODO:
1) food mover.
2) exercise.
3) seedlings.
4) clean up mess.
5) health insurance.

nancylmrn 03-11-2019 12:47 PM

Diana & Jen how are you both feeling today? What can I/we do to help?
WI down a bit again today which I am thrilled about but I am very nervous about what the actual WI will look like on Wednesday morning, 164.0. But I expect a bump up just becuase...it is my body afterall LOL But gym went well with my '4,000' steps on the elliptical and only 2 sets of 10 reps, 8 exercises for upper and lower....it really is time to up the lower body weight.
Today I need to make sure I get my 10,000+ steps in. I want to focus on my exercie over the next 3 weeks. I only have (after Wed) 10 more weeks to reach my pre-vacation goal of 155lb. So I need to up my game abit.

Weekend, I truly love your description of your cat/goat. And I am not a cat person per se
Jen we did not eat the steaks yet, I am saving those for a weekend indulgence LOL I like mine med rare then dip in a little A-1 sauce ...one of my secret indulgences
Diana I read your assestment of the destrcutive behavior and put in that context why are we 'all' doing these things to ourselves when we would never harm anyone else.
Kelija thank you again for your insights they are truley helpful to me
granny this whole time change has messed me up too. Not enough sleep then this am up at 5am to go to the gym and I thought I would haha die......but made it there anyway still breathing.
zallie woza almost 6lbs since the first of March that is more than amazing!
Rachal I would opt for board games and bridge mix any day of the week with my family....really!
mama, don't stress over the gain. Our bodies are mostly a mystery and mine will do the same thing, a huge gain for absolutly no logical reason whatsoever. Then it will take 3 days to get back to where i was.

Back later for more

Diana3271 03-11-2019 02:20 PM

Kelijpa Yes, something sneaky going on with me too. Previously, I addressed the issue of taking extra bites, tastes, licks, and samples. I am back at that again. How quickly we can fall back into those habits and it can snowball over time. I start off with the little things and end up thinking free food is (calorie free).

I have been taking bites and tastes of my DH's food again and getting samples at the store. I need to reel all of that back in again.

Nancylmrn Exactly. I do share these things, just in case it might be helpful to others. It's hard to put yourself (me) under a spotlight/magnifying glass, but sometimes it's needed. LOL

JulesMarion 03-11-2019 03:08 PM

Good morning ladies, :wave:
Sorry I have been bad at posting. It usually means I have fallen off the wagon, which I have. I am afraid to weigh in - it is probably in the high 170s. With how I feel I wouldn't be shocked to see 180s - which is a big blinking red flag. I will weigh in next week after some dust has settled. I reworked my app with new goals and have some limits for myself as well. I have such a terrible night time eating problem that just messes me up. I can't do night time snacks. Another aspect of this is that within one month we have one family gathering after another with holidays and birthdays sprinkled in, so right when I get myself back on track I end up seriously bingeing again. Valentines, my birthday, nephews birthday, date night, SIL birthday... all excuses too, and its time to just put an end to it. I'm glad I have not let it go any longer than it has, but it still has to stop! Diana and Jen thank you for sharing your struggles with us, it is not fun to put yourself under a magnifying glass, but it sure can be enlightening. I wish this was not an area I struggled with so often, but I'm glad I am not alone.

Old plan - 'wing' it and plan food on the spot and eat what I feel like (but track it) and hope for the best. Satisfied with living in the overweight 173-178 range but not obese anymore. Exercise to be able to eat more (and burn myself out in the process). When holidays come up, throw plan to the wind and don't care about the effects on my body.

New plan (version 25 :rofl: ) - plan each days meals before I go to sleep the night before. Eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner, with no bedtime snack. No more yogurt - it is a trigger for me, reminds me too much of ice cream (which is my major binge-food). Weight goal of 150-155 range, to be attained realistically August. Do exercise that makes me feel good (walking at incline, power walking, body weight exercises) and don't injure myself with excessive exercise so I can binge within limits - 30 minutes of activity per day, 10,000 steps. I need to remain diligent with my morning Bible time and prayer. On the days that I start with God, He helps remind me there are more pleasing things in the world than a bite of this or that.

I feel miserable after cake and mexican food yesterday - so bloated. I never feel good (EVER) when I eat this way, so why can't I remember that! Thank God for grace. I hope you all are having a wonderful day. :hug:

EmilyLarnder 03-11-2019 05:48 PM

Hello all! I know I've been MIA but life has been crazy. I haven't weighed myself but I don't think I've gained. I've started working out a little more as my finger heals.
We are buying a house! I may not be on here much until we close on the house & move in.

Hope you are all well!

jendiet 03-11-2019 06:29 PM

Emily, such exciting changes in your life!! Glad you are still hanging around! Glad finger is doing better.

Jules, I feel you should add one more thing...coming on here when you feel you are about to lose it...I know you will be back on track in no time. The sCale is an assessment tool not something to beat ourselves over...although I weigh after a binge to show myself what I have reaped...spending time focusing on God's goodness and His Word also helps me not destroy His creation (my body).

Diana, if I were doing Granny's WOE. my Lil ones foods would surely be on my tongue every time it was on theirs
I have no discipline if I get food jealousy. When I was with my ex, he would put food in my mouth while I was saying no...we'd laugh about it...but he was such a feeder...

Nancy yay on the drop and of course WTG on thE work out.

Terri, your goals always make me giggle.

"clean up mess" it's something I do 50 times a day, so I imagine to what "mess" you might be referring.

keli, I hear ya about SMALL exercise goals. I am trying to get a check mato on Google fit every day for 10,000 steps..

1635 calories for today but DRAGGING but...I have been so tired today I almost couldn't function. From where does extreme fatigue come? I think this is partly due to the cupfuls of blood I lose a day while on TOM, I know it can cause anemia in some people...I took vitamins but not any iron, but have craved plenty of iron containing food...I should try sn iron pill, but iron makes my stomach I'll too ..I know my endometrium thickness made them think I had cancer one time since it was 10x normal, so it's something I have to endure but I know it will pass!!!

I can't wait for bed time

Diana3271 03-11-2019 09:16 PM

Hi Everyone! https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...iles/wavey.gif

Emily Congrats on the house!

Today went well. I did face a challenge at dinner. My salad was very small. I decided to get me some grapes and I had them like a dessert. So it worked out after all. DH kept asking me if I wanted bites and tastes of his food since it was obvious that I didn't have much food. I didn't want his food since I want to avoid that right now. I was OK with the grapes since it's a basic, natural food.

Total Approx 1515 calories + https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...ges/coffee.gif

Breakfast ( 400 calories & https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...ges/coffee.gif)
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
salad w/grilled shrimp & BHF's ranch I also had some grapes 700 calories

Exercise:
TJ 20 Minute workout and JS 30-Minute Total Body Standing Strength w/8's and over 10,000 steps

Have a Blessed evening!