3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   March 2019 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/317044-march-2019-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome.html)

nancylmrn 03-10-2019 11:51 AM

Good morning to all!
This time change stuff kills me LOL
WI down another bump, but now it is a waiting game to see if all this sticks until my official WI on Wed. hahaha.
Today is mostly errands and house stuff. So no real significant walking planned at this time. Need to sit down with DH and plan dinner menu's before we head out to the grocery store.
We may drive out to the local (not so local) butcher. They do have the best grass fed beef you can find anywhere near me and the prices are comparable to the major store chains. We don't eat a large amount of red meat but a 6-8oz new york is always good. Plus my mom asked us to pick up some of the homemade pepperoni sticks. This place is really kinda special, you actually can see them cutting up the beef and on occasion see a side of beef hung on a pulley going from one end of the frig area into another locker weird I know. You walk in and take a number then when they call you, you list the items and qty you want they run off and a few minutes later you order is wrapped up in individual packages in a paper sack, you pay and out the door you go. The owners of the place have acerage in the eastern part of the state that they raise the beef, chicken and pork. So we can really say we know where the beef comes from and how it is raised

Anyway I will be back later for personals >>hugs for now <<<<

Zallie 03-10-2019 11:53 AM

GrannyNancy- Thanks! Will look into Bright Line Eating and Katie's Bright Kitchen. Familiar with Fuhrmann and somewhat similar I think Greger, and T. Colin Campbell. I have been worked up a couple of times over the years because of low resting heartrate--50's and sometimes 40's. Was told to tell health care professionals that are new that my low pulse is normal for me.

The whole how many calories I actually burn thing I have never figured out. Years ago in exercise class when they would have everybody stop and measure their pulse and want it to be in some high work out zone rate- mine was never up there- even though I felt like I was working out hard- as hard or harder than folks in the class. I kind of wondered if those zones could be based on % of resting heart rates rather than age etc.
When you say fitness logger, what do you use? I tried one and did not think it accurate in counting steps.

The whole idea of the type and timing of calories also influencing weight is interesting. Not sure exactly what I choose to believe there, yet.

At the moment in my life, the most important thing is to focus on the food intake part- as that is my major issue. (Not that I can't do better in the exercise front) I will set that cronometer to no activity for now as my instinct is that I really don't burn that much.

grannynancy 03-10-2019 12:09 PM

Zallie - I use a Garmin Forerunner and it seems quite accurate and you can also customize your heart rate zones if you wish on the logger (or manually) using RHR and HRR and, of course, if you are fit that peak heart rate drops so quickly it is hard to catch with a manual count. I think the zones are irrelevant in terms of calorie burn but heart rate is not.

... I think the whole idea of timing is that foods are combined in such a way to slow down glycemic response from a given input. for example, fruit is never eaten alone as a snack but in the context of a meal and the protein or affiliated vegetables slow down the digestion. But, you just asked. it is one of many approaches.

All I can say is that when I have tracked the calories in cronometer and used activity calories from Garmin AND maintained my weight data on both the values over time (not day to day) are very consistent with the old 1lb of weight = 3500 calories of defecit rule.

ciecie 03-10-2019 12:33 PM

good afternoon! will power walk to lunch in a few minutes. will run an errand on the way home. :D

Zallie 03-10-2019 08:01 PM

Good evening

Hi Everybody,

Once again I am writing in the hopes that I don't eat anything else tonight.

1103 calories today. More than the plan of 940 calories. :(
So my week average is 1223- which was more than the goal of <1200. Was especially tough today as I did not leave the house. Did eat about 5 cups of broccoli today- just felt I needed it. A little squash, onions, spinach, banana, kiwi, small 1/4 cup nuts, 2 eggs, pear, tangerine.

Purposely didn't exercise except for elbow PT as my knee is hurt. Probably 3 hours exercise yesterday on a hurt knee was not the best thing for it.

Have avoided paperwork all weekend. Oy do I have to do that.
But on the other hand did put together a bookcase; I have meaning to do for a year.

With the 1103 cals and no exercise, not looking forward to the scale tomorrow morning.

Weekend Boater 03-10-2019 08:41 PM

HI everyone :wave: There is so much I want to say and yet don't know how to say it all, I read all the posts.

Jen you are beautiful! YOu have beautiful smooth skin! I know it can be hard for us women at certain set points but seriously? Your skin is gorgeous! There comes a time where we need to embrace ourslelves! Your young and beautiful, please don't let anyting get in your way!

Terri, seriously? lol I think it is so nice thaty our planting! What a nice hobby! Girl, your worried about killing them? I haven't even started! I always admired you for plantings and still do so! I would be proud for what your doing. So what if some of them don't make it, that's how it goes! The important thing is that your starting them! YOU inspired me to start mine again too! :) I hope that we can share our stories along the way. IT's been kind of nuts around here but hey! Some seedlings make it and some don't! It's a beautiful hobby and I hope to hear more!

As for me, I am getting kind of tired! Most o the painting is done and I am so happy about htat ut I have more to do. Planwise,things have been well. I made some baked stuff haddock for dinner along with greek village salad. HUgsssss, Be back when I can and sorry for everyone I missed.

Diana3271 03-10-2019 09:28 PM

Hi Everyone! :wave:

Jen More hugs from me. :hug:

As for me I fell of the wagon today and binged. I have been really struggling mentally again and I have no idea why. I feel that I am back in a place where I am starting over and I really need to work on things again. I'm not sure if the shingles situation/medication has triggered this or what. I felt I was doing pretty good prior to the shingles. I binged big time today and I am not going to weigh tomorrow. I am definitely going to give it a few days. No workout for me today, either. Back on the wagon tomorrow. I wish I was a person who didn't struggle with my weight and overeating. But I guess I would have problems with something else.

Have a Blessed evening!

Weekend Boater 03-10-2019 09:51 PM

a tough day I never want to ge DtDiana, after d on the scale! OMG and my weight can flucuate so much! I don't blame you one bit Just maybe get right back to program and let the rest follow. I can't imagine the stress with the shingles and all.... Diana you always help all of us! Start a new day tomorrow! We start fresh! Please feel better weekend

ciecie 03-10-2019 09:55 PM

had intended to go for another power walk today but watched the long, long trailer on tcm tonight instead. will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.

Weekend Boater 03-10-2019 10:14 PM

My cat is a billy goat! LOL I am serious! This cat is so spoiled! COme 5 a.m he starts! He is the nicest cat in the world but will start to crawl up on DH or I ! yes! I have to put a stop to this! lol

Diana, you can do this! I don't know if you have a billy goat cat or not but sometimes a husband will suffice, LOL :). I never weigh in after an off day, I mean its futile! You wonder why all this ahd been going on but youhad connie and so many other stressors, cut yourself some slack. I so totatly agree with you on not weighing in right now and just plugging forward , but that's me! We thank you for being here, you will be okay! Just keep trucking forward Diana!

ciecie 03-10-2019 10:20 PM

weekendboater, your cat sounds like a character! :D

jendiet 03-10-2019 10:38 PM

I don't know what I would do without you all.

Diana, so sorry that you bear our burdens while struggling with your own and you stumbled too. Big hugs and a helping hand up. I pray the last of the shingles leaves and it never shows up again in Jesus name.

Ciecie, you go for so many walks, one skipped won't hurt and your story is inspirational.

weeked thank you, I am frustrated about a lot and picking a zit nestled on a forehead wrinkle at 39 years old after I just ate so much chocolate just really GOT TO ME. That fish sounds good. Glad painting is almost done.

Zallie, lol, I'd rather put together a book case than do paperwork too. I pray complete healing for your knee and elbow.

Granny thank you, yes, I do try to pray my way through, but during a binge it's one negative thought after another...

Nancy, I am glad you can get quality meat there bit honestly if I saw all that, I'd become a vegetarian again! That is amazing though. At least you know it is fresh. I have a fear of pig farmers too (bad experience in college at a pig farm). Congrats on the bump DOWN. Right direction!!!

Terri, omg...that is me. I had this greenhouse in another town ...I started all kinds of stuff but then it got hot and they got fried!!!

Rachel, how did your goals come out today?

OK woke up at 5am...with a migraine...went back to sleep was going to help out at church breakfast but was too sleepy after the medicine worked and got up and was late to church bit had a suprise children church meeting and spaghetti lunch...which I ate...decided to just eat a low carb dinner instead of no dinner...

1211 calories for the day. 7510 steps for the day although I've been busy all day...the other one say 27, 122 which is what today really felt like ..but I'm working harder for the 10,000 with this tracker so I like it better.

181.2 this morning but was to be expected with such a late night binge.

catch everyone in the AM.

nancylmrn 03-10-2019 11:48 PM

I have read all the post and this is a quick fly by:

:hug::hug::hug: to you Diana, it is so rare that you let food control you, I don't think that has happened in all the years I can remember being here. I am praying for you to find your calm, and re-focus.

Weekend Boater 03-11-2019 12:19 AM

hi everyone! Ceicei my cat is indeed a character@ lol This cat is out of this world! No kidding! lol

Jen, I have seen so many good things from you! I hope to god you cut yourself some slack. You so deserve it! Babe , you really are beautiful and I mean that!

Nancy hugs!

Okay, so DH is in bed and her I sit! LOL I should go to bed. He took the cat of course! LOL Oh well!

I will c heck back very soon, I only ave two or so panels left to paint! I am goin to go recalamim my kitty! lol

Wishing you all a great nighta nd hpe to touch base soon! Weekend!

momwannabe 03-11-2019 03:08 AM

A whole half a kg up this morning - more than a pound. Seriously?? It's the honey, I know. I am so stressed at the moment, so I crave sweet things just for the energy, I think. I stay away from sugar, but substitute honey. Too much. Just need to get to Friday then I'll be able to exercise and sleep. Feeling so blah and disappointed. On the plus side, pelting with rain, which is an answer to prayers, so grateful for that. Hope everyone has a good day.