Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-21-2018, 11:58 AM   #256  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

HI ladies!

Granny, you bounced into the 130s AWESOME!!!

NANCY, omg, I pray that heals up...back injuries are wierd. My back went out several days after strenuous work activity....I was sitting on the floor playing with my kid and all of a sudden my back went out and I couldn't walk straight for days....but I put a headboard under my mattress because a still small voice told me to and my back was better the next day.

ciecie, snow is pretty when you can stay snuggly inside by a fire...

Terri, I pray that cold dries up. I woefully look at my unplanted mums, violas and pansies...but still don't have energy to deal with...we had some 70 degree days as well!!!

keli, you are still in maintenance range, you know what you have to do and you are on top of it...

Diana, thanks for your faithfulness again!! .6 is a good drop, I pray you pop back into the 180s fast.

I have been going down a slope, 3 days ago 179, 179.2 then 179.4, then 179.6...so I need to get back to my diet rules. Also my crazy body tried to ovulate when I was super sick, but I don't know if it was successful or not. .

I am still coughing up phlegm.. my Rx. Was written for 10 pills but instructions were to take for 5 days but I don't go back for a recheck until Friday so to be safe, I'm going to fill the second half of my RX and keep taking until my xray is clear...hopefully on Friday...or Monday? If they are closed.

I just don't feel comfortable just stopping the antibiotic yet.

so my goal is to get Rx filled and stick with diet guidelines today. .

I don't know how much muscle wastage, but I sure do feel pretty weak from it all.

I'm hoping NC health dept really did go out there and do those tests...they need to be done...
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 08:35 PM   #257  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1545 Calories +

Breakfast (430 Calories + )
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Veggies 90 calories
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
grilled sirloin steak 2 serving steamed veggies 700 calories

Exercise:
Les Mills Combat Live 60 omitting the push ups at the end
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 10:21 PM   #258  

good night ladies! will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed. went for several power walks here at home today. also did a total of 3 miles leslie Sansone.
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 10:42 PM   #259  

Well, I followed my diet rules and am feeling much stronger today...tomorrow will be low carb breakfast and our turkey dinner...hope you all have a wonderful thanksgiving
Old 11-22-2018, 05:36 AM   #260  

Default November 2018

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Thanks for your concerns regarding my health, Diana, Nancy, GranNan, and everyone else. You guys are so thoughtful.

Gee, I hope your back is okay Nancy. ...my back "went out" twice. Once, it happened when I was sitting on the ground planting something and I over-reached. Another time after weight-lifting...my lower back felt funny. I think maybe I lifted too heavy. I have to watch exercises that compress the spine. Both times it took about 6 weeks-2 months to get rid of it. I was miserable...especially getting in and out of bed. It was helpful to find a really high bed.... Your back problem sounds like it may effect you differently than me.

Jen: I hope you make a complete recovery.

DIET: okay, except for a few very small pieces of greek pastry.

EXERCISE: Biked 15 minutes yesterday and 30 minutes today.

220/214.5/213.7 Going in the right direction.
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 05:58 AM   #261  

good morning and happy thanksgiving! will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
Old 11-22-2018, 06:05 AM   #262  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Happy Thanksgiving

Good Morning 138.6 New Low ......wow........I am grateful that for the first time since 1979 I have actually been able to lose weight and maintenance, while not easy, seems to be clicking along. I am also grateful for having a nice loving family.

No planning today making our dishes (sweet potatoes with oranges and ginger, beets with goat cheese and walnuts, and turnips au gratin) to take to our daughter's house.

Tilly the dog is coming with and I will take the grandkids to the school and let her work some trails. I imagine we will play "ticket to ride" which is a new game to all of us.

We gave the older granddaughter a Fitbit Charge 3 last week for her 16th birthday and she loves it! She plans on trying out for the track team. Younger grandaughter has a saxaphone solo in the upcoming Christmas concert.

Hmmm today was the only day I saw a drop in bone density. from 6.2 to 6.0. Hoping that is a fluke.

Jendiet - glad you are feeling much better; I had to go a 2nd round on antibiotics until things cleared up. Then they justified the pneumonia shot (but I was near the age when it is normally given when I got sick. Don't know if they do it younger). Hope you can stay in the 170s!
Teri, Nancy - Hope things improve for your cold and your back

Last edited by grannynancy; 11-22-2018 at 06:15 AM.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 07:14 AM   #263  

good morning again! just had breakfast a few minutes. will work out in a few minutes. grannynancy, I also hope the slightly lower number for your bone density is a fluke. teri and nancylmrn, hope both of you are well soon. jendiet, glad you are much better.
Old 11-22-2018, 10:07 AM   #264  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Thanksgiving!

Grannynancy Congrats on the new low!

Jen I'm glad you are feeling better. I pray you continue to improve.

Last night: Full Body Stretch and exercises from the Dr.
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1545 +
Weigh In: 189.2
Down: 1.4 pounds

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

November 22

Psalm 147:1, 3
Praise ye the Lord: for it is good to sing praises unto our God; for it is pleasant; and praise is comely. He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds.

It was more than a diet. For Gary, it was his sanity. He had been obsessed by his weight. He had lived the past three years in a deep and terrible depression. When he was at his lowest, God broke through to him. God turned Gary's life around. He finally began losing weight, and his state of mind improved dramatically. The light of God tore through his darkness with a beautiful healing warmth. Gary was healed of his physical affliction as well as the demon of depression that haunted him. God truly has the power to heal His children. No matter what the problem might be, take it to the Lord.

Today's thought: My diet affects more than just my body; it affects my heart and mind, as well!
Old 11-22-2018, 11:04 AM   #265  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Happy Thanksgiving!
I am so thankful for my family, my health (even through I complain LOL), my close friends and the sense of community on this forum.

WI down 1.2lb and body water % up again to 44.0 but still 3.4lb to go from this sudden gain.
Today we are having the family dinner at my sisters house and I am responsible for the garlic mashed potato's and cheese ball. I am really thankful I am not a big mashed potato eater I usually only eat a large spoonful. My downfall is the stuffing. But I can control that too. So today's focus will be on the start---turkey---and the veggies.

Granny you menu sounds awesome for sure and a new low to boot!
Diana wow big drop for you too on turkey day!
Jen so glad you are feeling better health wise and you feel stronger back on track with your eating plan ---so wonderful! enjoy your day
ciecie, I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving not sure how you are going to get your usual walking in?
teri000 thank you for the concern with my back, it is feeling better today. Now it is more like someone just bruised my lower left side in the back but I will be especially careful today. Enjoy your turkey day too!

Ok I am off to saute onions and celery for the stuffing and make some garlic mash.......the big test is the scale in the am
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 01:37 PM   #266  

good afternoon! went to church this morning. will be going to my aunt and uncle's for thanksgiving. watching gone with the wind with a load of laundry in the dryer.
Old 11-22-2018, 09:05 PM   #267  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

I ate yogurt for breakfast, ate too much for lunch, but nothing else the rest of the day.

Exercise: 1 hour outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!
Old 11-23-2018, 08:55 AM   #268  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

So, the fair, DH's Birthday, our anniversary, and Thanksgiving are done! Now, I need to get back off what I have gained and try to get through Christmas and New Years and lessen the impact as much as possible.

Last night: Full Body Stretch and exercises from the Dr.
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: Unknown
Weigh In: 191.4
Up: 2.2 pounds

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your weekend!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

November 23

Matthew 13:45-46
'Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls: Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.'

A diet that worked! It wasn't anything fancy. It wasn't anything expensive. It didn't involve equipment or special treatments. In fact, it was a diet that anyone could do. Sally sat and talked with her pastor for about an hour, and he helped her see why she should diet for her own good, as well as for God. Her pastor has been a support for her ever since, and she has included God every step of the way. She feels stronger than ever before. It is like finding a treasure. She was so excited and so thankful. God has given her something that no one else can: a better figure and a deep, abiding joy.

Today's thought: My weight will be lost, no matter the cost!
Old 11-23-2018, 09:25 AM   #269  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Good morning evereyone
WI not bad same as yesterday so I am ok with that post Turkey day meal. I actually did not do bad I don't think but did not even try to log. but just a very light breakfast then dinner was served around 3pm and I just had a small amount of many different things. Did not even fill my plate up, plus skipped dessert

Today will be leftovers for lunch and dinner at home ...unknown actually but I do have quick meals always handy for days like today. Weill I am off there will only be me in the office an a few of the crew will be in to do odd stuff so a very very light day. I will be checking in here often out of ~~~dare I say~~~ boredom LOL

Last edited by nancylmrn; 11-23-2018 at 04:36 PM.
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 11:54 AM   #270  

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

New Low of 178.2. However, I have definitely NOT been on plan.

my goodness Granny that goat cheese dish sounds good. I'm glad Tilly will be enjoying it with you. I have NEVER had pneumonia and am pretty certain I got it from the air in the pool, hot tub room, the air was sickenly hot and the water smelled and tasted funny...I pray the NC health dept catches the bugs...yes, I am thankful that I had the 2nd half of my RX to fill. I hate how levaquin makes me so nauseous too. I'm supposed to do a follow up tomorrow...if they are open.

Terri, yes those silly twists cause the most damage,

Nancy, awesome on the 1.2 lbs down. I hope and pray that back is completely better, I used to get problems with my lower back where the tendon connects to the hip...

****this was yesterday's post, the website wouldn't let me post*****

went to bed eating doritos, definitely not on plan, woke up MAD CONSTIPATED,

will try better today. WI still 178.2 so I muse have munched maintenance...

trying to do plan today, though I definitely will be enjoying Thanksgiving fare again...