Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-28-2018, 03:57 PM   #346  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

hi everyone!

quick one because it's lunch and I'm studying Diana, Ciecie, Granny, Teri, Jen - THANK YOU!!!!

last night dinner was a cordon blue and green beans...that was it. yum
today's menu:
b - egg sub w/chicken breast and a tiny bit of avocado
s - gluten free banana peanut butter bread (1 slice, made from a box but added peanut butter)
l - about 3 ounces of chicken breat (grilled this past weekend), steamed broccoli
s - the rest of the sweet potato chips (not even half a serving I don't think)
d - TBD but told DH I'm craving a baked potato so that and idk what else yet

everyone have a great day!
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 04:09 PM   #347  

good afternoon! county executive lifted the travelers advisory. will go uptown in a few minutes to run errands,
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 09:32 PM   #348  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1520 Calories +

Breakfast (430 Calories + )
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Veggies 90 calories
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
Apple 100 calories

Dinner (675 Calories)
Grilled salmon 300 calories
steamed squash 75 calories
roasted in shell peanuts 300 calories (another fiasco. I should not have eaten this. I originally wanted a salad, but they didn't have salads due to the Romaine recall. So I ordered this meal and it was really small. They have free roasted peanuts on the table and I ate some)

Exercise:
Leslie Sansone Miracle Miles 3 Miles w/band, Upper Body w/Band, lower body w/band
my tracker says I got 12,185 steps and 6.63 miles during work. I had to go to the PO today, so while I was standing in line I did steps and marches in place, LOL. I'm sure I looked like a total freak.
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 11:13 PM   #349  

good night all! dropped the letter I wanted to mail in the snow-GRRR! went to the store and got a few groceries that I ran out of this afternoon. got ahead of things this afternoon. made muffins to take the Christmas party that my tops chapter is having.
Old 11-29-2018, 06:32 AM   #350  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning 138.8 - Maintaining

Yesterday 1527/1786 - as a data junkie seeing slight trend on increase in calories - also some slackening of behaviors so need to be aware
Today is planned at 1385:

Breakfast - Potatoes, onions, peppers, tofurkey
Lunch-Greek Yogurt, Kefir, Chia, Pear, Blueberries
Dinner-Hot and Sour Soup (homemade) with Won tons

Once again it is a cold morning. Bought some light thermals at Costco but looking for some good fleece ones (Polartec power stretch is, I hear, the way to go) ... I figure I need something to keep my legs warm - Body can be kept warm with good mid-layer and windbreaker

Getting ready to do tai chi and exercises and really have to do my fast (brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr) walking today. Tonight is tai chi class.

Ciece - have fun at the party. I have heard good things about TOPS

Syckgirl - Hang in there with it!

Jendiet - I learned with pneumonia recovery it is long and slow and you have to just accept it. I was told that by a teammate who is a lean running machine (she does trail running) - she is very very healthy and it just knocked her for a loop for months. Give yourself time to heal. Of my solutions, the chia (which I soak first) seems to be a real good thing for the bowels. (that and the kefir and yogurt). I am pretty much going every day now! and significant quantities. It is also great for omega 3s.

Larry - I had to look up Brooksville. I pretty much went to Junior High and High School (Apollo program/Shuttle ) on Merritt Island and was down there in Elementary for a year for the Gemini Program. (Dad was a mech engineer and worked on the Gemini program as well). That side of FL is pretty...I am getting why people like it down there but I don't think I could move back; like my mountains too much.

Nancy - I hear you. Rain and Cold shut me down . Would love to see your solutions. I guess you tube. We have a wii if we can get it running again. Might be worth it. It was fun. There were a lot of balance and fitness things we could do with it though not intense.

Last edited by grannynancy; 11-29-2018 at 06:32 AM.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 08:20 AM   #351  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Full Body Stretch and exercises from the Dr.
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1520 +
Weigh In: 188
Up: .2 <------ This is not bad with the sodium from the peanuts

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

November 29

John 16:22
'And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you.'

It was very weird, but Linda sort of missed her diet. She had made some really good friends in her weight-loss group, and she had gotten used to the routine. If anyone would have told her a few months ago that she would miss dieting, she would have said they were crazy. What was there to miss? She had freedom to eat more of what she wanted to now, and she didn't have to be self-conscious. Linda really believed that God had given her new friends and experiences for a reason. She was so thankful that she had been able to lose weight the way she did, with the people she did. Maybe now she could go back and be a help to others.

Today's thought: On days when I can't help myself, maybe I can help others!
Old 11-29-2018, 09:02 AM   #352  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Down another pound today. That makes 24 pounds since Friday.

My main exercise this past week has been cleaning out the back screen room which has been used for storage since I moved to Florida twelve years ago. It's amazing how much junk I accumulated in that time. Gave away some, took a fair amount to the landfill, took some to the recycling center, and moved the items I wanted to keep to our storage shed. Then I Pressure washed the concrete floor. Next I need to replace the screens and finally get some patio furniture so we can enjoy this screened outdoor area.
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 09:28 AM   #353  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning to all
WI down .8 body water % up .1% it is just so odd to keep seeing this trend...weight down body water% goes up...weight up body water % goes down.
Granny I am a bit of a data junkie too sometimes I think to much as I get laser focused on something and it is hard to put it away.

Thank you to everyone with suggestions on workouts on line. It is not that I don't have the tools to do them I just am not motivated to do so. I even have purchased many video's from fitness blender that I really enjoy. It is just more of an energy thing right now. When I leave work it is raining and nearly dark, work has been very busy this past few weeks, so for me it means heavy on the phone side at that drains me mentally.

Larry that is an amazing loss for only 1 week. How is your energy level?
Diana I am surprised the peanuts did not bother you more!
Syckgirlsfv a baked potato really sounds yummy, last night I had a few fork fulls of mac and cheese something I have not had in most likely close to a year.
Jen been thinking about you and praying for a smooth recovery, keep drinking your liquids and don't push too hard
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 09:59 AM   #354  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancylmrn View Post
Larry that is an amazing loss for only 1 week. How is your energy level?
The first two days I had what is commonly called The Atkins Flu. Not really the flu but you feel like you have it. Now that ketosis has kicked in my energy level is very good.

Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 04:16 PM   #355  
California licensed CPA!

good afternoon! I am about to eat and study during lunch so real quick:

dinner last night was the baked potato I was craving! DH bought 2 gigantic organic potatoes, so I baked one and we split it, with turkey chili, sour cream, green onions, and shredded colby jack. YUM! That was all I had and I did have 2 small mini bottles of red zinfindel after I was done studying.

today;
b - egg sub w/diced ham, slice of swiss, green onions
s - 1/2 slice of the gluten free peanut butter banana bread I made (it's all gone now!)
l - one pouch of Indian vegetable tikka masala (by tasty bite)
d - plan is to stir fry some chicken breast and baby bok choy, maybe some spinach, too.
talk to you later!

Last edited by Syckgirlsfv; 11-29-2018 at 04:17 PM.
Old 11-29-2018, 08:30 PM   #356  

good evening! 2 miles leslie Sansone before I left for work this morning. power walked and ran errands during my lunch break. power walked and ran errands before supper tonight. my fitness goals for today have been attained.
Old 11-29-2018, 09:56 PM   #357  
California licensed CPA!

ugh I am so annoyed! I ate dinner and then weighed myself, which I know is a stupid thing to do but really 2 pounds? Okay a pound was food, but I can't understand why I'm having such a hard time dropping water weight (and fat weight) these days. It's practically impossible!

Dinner was chicken breast and baby bok choy stir fried in sesame oil and half a backed potato with sour cream - I mean come on! whatever. I have to study...everyone have a good night!
Old 11-29-2018, 10:38 PM   #358  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Our temps have really cooled off here. I am grateful for the new heater we have.

My friend has tracked her steps for a while now. I was always amazed when she said that she walked 2-3 miles at work. I thought "wow!" I have always considered myself a sedentary person. Today I had a busy day and didn't do any extra marching or jogging in place. I had 17,836 steps and 9.32 miles. That is totally amazing to me. Wow! LOL

Tonight we had to go to Sam's so we were going to eat dinner in that area. Several restaurants in that area have closed up. There are mostly fast food type stuff. We noticed a new Thai restaurant. We decided to try the Thai place. I watched what I got. I know my calories are good. I only used the smallest amount of sauce, etc to limit the sodium. Hopefully the sodium wasn't too bad.

I have also changed my meals a bit. I will keep test driving what I am doing before I make a change in the info. The calories are a bit lower.

Tomorrow night my husband and I along with my friend and her husband, we are going to the Festival of Lights and out for dinner. We are going to a BBQ place. I am thinking about getting a meal with pulled chicken. That will be the lowest calories. Not sure about the sides, I know they use a lot of salt and seasoning so all of that is dangerous for me. At the Festival of Lights we will probably do a smore kit, which will be 2 graham crackers, a large marshmallow and a chocolate candy bar. I know they are kits so maybe the calories are on there. Depending on the calories, I might share it with DH.

Total Approx 1495 Calories +

Breakfast (430 Calories + )
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Veggies 90 calories
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
Apple 100 calories

Dinner (650 Calories)
I rounded my calories up, just in case the info I found online is wrong.
1 fresh spring roll 100 calories
2 chicken satay 200 calories
salad made with steamed shrimp, lettuce, cilantro, shredded carrot, cucumber & BHF's ranch there was some sort of dressing, but I could not identify what it was. 350 calories

Exercise:
JS Pyramid Power Walk & TF Fire 30

Waving Hi all around!

Last edited by Diana3271; 11-29-2018 at 10:41 PM.
Old 11-29-2018, 10:45 PM   #359  
Trying to live below 200

I just searched for smores kit and found this. https://www.nutritionix.com/i/hershe...eb28525a649da8 This looks very similar to what I have had before.
Old 11-30-2018, 06:48 AM   #360  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

I only got about 5 hours of sleep last night. I went to bed too late because of trying to get things done. Then I needed to wake early because I need to finish up with the house chores, washing linens, etc. Tomorrow I have a busy day and won't be able to get much done at the house. I have to program the church sign and then we are decorating the church. We have a very small church, with an older congregation and most of them are dealing with major health issues. Hopefully some people will be having a good day and they can help decorate.

Last night: Full Body Stretch and exercises from the Dr.
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1495 +
Weigh In: 188.2
Up: .2 (lack of sleep?)

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your weekend!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

November 30

Psalms 150:6

Let every thing that hath breath praise the Lord. Praise ye the Lord.

The battle wasn't won yet, but Henry felt it was close. He looked better, felt better, and had a more positive attitude. Life was so much more fun, now that he was thinner. All the really hard times were behind him, and he felt his future was pretty bright. God had certainly been good to him. Every day, Henry took time out to thank God for all He had done. Henry didn't know what he'd done to deserve such great blessings, but he wasn't going to question it too much. With God's help, he had been able to do what he could never do before: lose weight!

Today's thought: God's helping me be both lighter of body and lighter of spirit!