Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 04:05 PM   #136  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon!
Diana, DASH seems to be doing well so far it is just a huge mental adjustment to count calories vs carbs. To eat bread and the thought of pasta is crazy to me and now it will portion control that will be my downfall but am going to try and bulk up on the salads before what I call actual meals. An example today I have about 4 cups of salad ..i.e. light salad greens and I added red and green cabbage, celery, cucumber and yellow pepper to bulk it up. Then eat my Dave's killer bread egg/tuna sandwich. Breakfast was 1 serv of egg beaters and 2 servings of egg whites and salsa. Dinner tonight will be chicken breast but may make some no yokes pasta and put the chicken on that since I am not a huge fan of the breast. Sauce will be no salt added tomato sauce spruced up with italian seasonings.

Lurchmomma, yes still having anxiety, woke at 2:30 am and felt it until I came into work and took my mind off of it around 9am this moring. I just have no idea what is causing this feeling, heart racing the entire enchallida. I really don't want to contact my Dr. again but may send him a note at the end of the week about b/p which is still pretty elevated.

kelijpa, you have come such a long way this past year

granny I am currently not taking any diuretics as I don't seem to be retaining water like I did a year ago.

ciecie & teri000
Old 01-09-2018, 04:08 PM   #137  

good afternoon! just got back from seeing dad. will power walk and run an errand on my way to my meeting tonight.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:35 PM   #138  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hello all,

Quick check in before bed.

Thanks for the kind words and support :*

LurchMama I love your picture with the fish, very cute with your quote, too

Nancy thanks, I really started working my plan in August, things turned around for me,starting with tracking my food everyday, setting some small exercise goals that I’m still doing, keeping in mind why I want to lose this weight. Hope the DASH works for you, I’ve heard it’s a good plan.

GrannyNancy good luck with the computer, hope you can get on and tell us when you get to Onederland so we can celebrate with you!

Ciecie thinking of you and your dad. Hope your meeting went well.

Diana loved the devotional slow and steady, sending good thoughts your way.

I walked at work, got the steps in, didn’t do much tonight, did my push-ups, today was 7, I am doing knee pushups still pretty hard for me. I don’t think I can do one regular one yet

Hope everyone has a good night

Last edited by kelijpa; 01-09-2018 at 09:36 PM.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:38 PM   #139  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

I'm still at work trying to finish up a project. I decided to make my post now so I don't have to get on the computer when I get home.

Total Approx 1540 Calories +

Breakfast (415 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1 slice Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 60 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (425 Calories)
2 slices Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 120 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
JS 30 Toning Walk w/band
Old 01-09-2018, 11:21 PM   #140  

kelijpa, the meeting I went to tonight was my weight loss support group meeting. I belong to tops. it went very well. had a gain but I expected it. i'm also a kops but am below goal and in lee-way. power walked home after my meeting.
Old 01-10-2018, 02:36 AM   #141  
Fishing for a plan!

S/C/G: 225/225/155

Height: 5'8"

Good early hours everyone!

Nancy: if you are waking with panic at night, it could be caused by sleep apnea. Higher carbon dioxide levels in the blood can trigger panic and cause waking in a state of anxiety. Sleep apnea is also associated with hypertension and weight gain. I think the weight gain is related to those dreaded cortisol levels that tend to be higher when you are sleeping poorly, and that makes it harder to lose weight, or so I've been told. Overweight people are more likely to have sleep apnea. I know I feel so much better when I wear my cpap. I hope you are able to get a handle on what is causing it. I know it's terrible to wake up with that sense of doom in the pit of your stomach.

Kelli: thanks! The quote made me laugh, but I'm pretty goofy that way!
Old 01-10-2018, 06:10 AM   #142  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all,
151.1 this morning

Not sure why the pop up, it’s funny I was happy about it because I thought yesterday I was 151.9, then I remembered I was 150.4. Instead of getting down I was laughing at my goofy memory i am down from last Wednesday so that’s good. Keep plugging away. I didn’t get any extra activity in last night, something I’m working on, hibernation mode is still strong :/

Ciecie I love my meeting (WW) whether I am up or down. TOPS is great, I was reading some stuff about it after reading your post. Congratulations on being a kops in leeway. I hope to soon be within 2 pounds of my goal weight, which would be similar.

Diana good morning that was late for you to still be at work, hope you get to sleep in.

LurchMama laughter is the best medicine

Well, I need to get moving and get to work!

Hope everyone has a great day

Last edited by kelijpa; 01-10-2018 at 06:11 AM.
Old 01-10-2018, 06:42 AM   #143  

Default New member here 😁

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelijpa View Post
Good morning all,
151.1 this morning

Not sure why the pop up, it’s funny I was happy about it because I thought yesterday I was 151.9, then I remembered I was 150.4. Instead of getting down I was laughing at my goofy memory i am down from last Wednesday so that’s good. Keep plugging away. I didn’t get any extra activity in last night, something I’m working on, hibernation mode is still strong :/

Ciecie I love my meeting (WW) whether I am up or down. TOPS is great, I was reading some stuff about it after reading your post. Congratulations on being a kops in leeway. I hope to soon be within 2 pounds of my goal weight, which would be similar.

Diana good morning that was late for you to still be at work, hope you get to sleep in.

LurchMama laughter is the best medicine

Well, I need to get moving and get to work!

Hope everyone has a great day
I hope that I'm posting in the right place...so before I go on, I will send and see what happens.
Old 01-10-2018, 06:48 AM   #144  

Default Another go at introducing myself 😂

Ok, hey there, I'm glad I found you! I will need support on this weight loss plan I started.
Thank you.
Old 01-10-2018, 07:17 AM   #145  

good morning! welcome glory333! will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
Old 01-10-2018, 07:23 AM   #146  

Smile Ounce by Ounce

Hi Everyone,

Thanks Diana for having this group. Thank you 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet.

Hope everyone is doing great. We have a break in the freezing weather. I went shopping and got my car washed. Oh, ladies figure skating is being repeated (again) on Thursday.

I am still on track despite a couple of slip-ups.

I did not purchase any sweets at the store.

But yesterday, I did have a small frappe and 4 small cookies. And I only exercised a little (at home). I wanted to eat more in the middle of the night, but I chewed gum instead.

I used the food mover, and I find if I report my dessert consumption to this group, it really helps me cut back on servings.

222/217.2/217
Old 01-10-2018, 07:36 AM   #147  

teri000 congrats on purchasing any sweets at the store. will be going to a grocery store in a neighboring community to stock up on things today.
Old 01-10-2018, 08:14 AM   #148  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Glory333 Hi and welcome to the check-in.

Last night I added on: Full Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise Commuter Workout

Calories for yesterday: 1540 +
Weigh In: 188.4
No Change

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

January 10

Romans 12:2
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

The stomach is a spoiled brat. When we miss even one meal, it kicks up a fuss and makes us feel as though we're going to starve. Of course, we're in no danger whatsoever, but once our stomachs get started, it is hard to ignore them. To diet means to engage in mind over matter. We need to realize that we can get by on a lot less food than we actually eat. We need to renew our mind, change our thinking, and decide that we're not going to be made a slave to our stomachs. We resent it when someone else tries to control us. Why should we so easily succumb to our own stomachs? When we refuse to be ruled by anything but the Spirit of God, then we truly please Him.

Today's thought: God can liberate us from slavery to the stomach!
Old 01-10-2018, 08:17 AM   #149  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by LurchMomma View Post
Good early hours everyone!

Nancy: if you are waking with panic at night, it could be caused by sleep apnea. Higher carbon dioxide levels in the blood can trigger panic and cause waking in a state of anxiety. Sleep apnea is also associated with hypertension and weight gain. I think the weight gain is related to those dreaded cortisol levels that tend to be higher when you are sleeping poorly, and that makes it harder to lose weight, or so I've been told. Overweight people are more likely to have sleep apnea. I know I feel so much better when I wear my cpap. I hope you are able to get a handle on what is causing it. I know it's terrible to wake up with that sense of doom in the pit of your stomach.
I'm glad you posted this. I read it to my DH. He has sleep apnea but hasn't gone for the sleep test. He is very hardheaded! I think he is very close to going based on his reading info, etc. His health is very poor and attitude even worse.
Old 01-10-2018, 08:36 AM   #150  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning 203.6 no change. RHR has gone up a bit to 66 but I have been pushing the walking speed up, and I think it may also be because of lower systolic pressure. My Garmin says I am at a training limit for the week and more would be overtraining, so I am going to focus on yoga and finding weight training exercises, particularly for the femoral necks.

COMPUTER-Limping along with the computer. Narrowed it down to the windows start menu not working but I can get to settings another way and can run programs from the shortcuts I created. I know someone who may be able to work on it or I may have to reinstall windows and all my "apps" - So I am taking my time making sure I have everything saved to an external drive and then will copy that drive to another backup [not too keen on putting stuff in the cloud]. So probably a weekend project.

BONE DENSITY - The osteopenia. Got the T scores from the DXA scan. Lumbar spine = -0.1 (better than my age), Left femoral neck = -1.3 (a little worse than my age), Right femoral neck - 2.0 (Osteoporosis is -2.5, so not so good). I had surgical menopause at 42 so this is not surprising but other than 'make sure you get enough calcium and D3' and 'strength training' I am not getting much from the doctor. ... Keeping calcium between 1100 and 1500 (it is mostly 1100-1200 but days I eat tofu it goes up) and limited to 250mg at a time, calcium citrate, when necessary ....... D3, 2000mg, keeping everything else "in balance" you know. Some insight would be helpful. Too much calcium and you dump it into your arteries. This is a "dance" Ah well. Trying to figure it all out. Also looking at collagen and K2.

Lurchmama - I really hope you get a break. Can you take PTO for your "new year"? Sounds like you need a break!

Kelijpa - Hoping you banish that 150 soon. I know that sometimes you get at a weight that takes a while to "break" through.

Nancy - Still hoping for answers. Interesting idea from Lurchmama.

Ciece - Your steadiness is an inspiration. Even dealing with your dad's issues.

Diana - thanks for hosting such an awesome thread.

Teri, Glory - looking forward to getting to know you. It is true that the posting helps with accountability. I have been less than good the past few days so here goes:

Yesterday I ate 1365 calories [went over] but still less than what I probably burned based on Cronometer. Today I plan to eat 1158 calories. Been working on getting that protein up around 80 grams which is a challenge for me. Today's experiment for lunch will be a chicken salad using chicken, bok choy and mayo. The bok choy is good for potassium. May also add some veggies to my morning potatoes. Supper is hot and sour soup and the base will be some bone broth we made a few days ago when cooking chicken.

Last edited by grannynancy; 01-10-2018 at 08:38 AM.
Closed Thread