Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 05:45 PM   #121  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

WB emily! Glad you had a good holiday and have kept things undercontrol. I remember working second shift ...back in the day and I am just not cut out for it anymore. I am too much a morning person.

I got to looking at my cronometer and I had the incorrect amount of egg beaters on my plate this am, so I have corrected it so now my numbers are a bit better with my dinner tonight I will be at 1150 calores and 1005 sodium....much better Tomorrow I am going to skip the ham on my sandwich and just have tuna and cheese instead on Dave's killer thin sliced bread and my salad at lunch.

ciecie sorry you went a bit sideways but just keep doing what you are doing
Old 01-08-2018, 06:22 PM   #122  

power walked to the post office. had something that needed to be mailed to my sister. my fitness goals for today have been attained.
Old 01-08-2018, 06:23 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Nancy - it is such a freaking challenge. When I got off the meds before, I was able to keep my potassium above 3600 every day and Magnesium also helps - I take 375mg a day of magnesium citrate. ........ Some of the BP meds are potassium sparing (like my lostartan) so many say not to take supplements like "no salt". others, like HCTZ cause you to lose potassium AND sodium and that potassium is so important for BP. I am sure you know all that. Apparently calcium too........yikes........I think as we get older maybe out bodies are not as good at self regulating all this stuff? I don't know.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:04 PM   #124  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Emily Welcome back!

This morning I was looking forward to getting back to work. Once I got there, I just got overwhelmed and depressed about all the work I had to do. I am feeling better now, but I was really stressed about it all. This, too, shall pass, right? Back in the day, before we came back to work in January, I had already finished month end and was completely transferred over to the new year. I am still working on month end and I have sorted through the mail. Back then I did nothing but work and house stuff. Now I do more fun stuff with my church family, etc.

Total Approx 1540 Calories +

Breakfast (415 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1 slice Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 60 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (425 Calories)
2 slices Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 120 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
JS 15 Minute Calorie Blast and 15 Minute Standing Abs
Old 01-08-2018, 11:38 PM   #125  

will be shutting down to go to bed in a few minutes.
Old 01-09-2018, 05:44 AM   #126  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all,
150.4 this morning

We had a bit of a warm up, so I got out for a run yesterday. It felt great yesterday, today I am feeling it. Doesn’t help that after I did a short hike in our woods so Hunter could get a run in, too. It did flush out some cabin fever. Whew, I am stiff and sore though. So glad we’re getting this warm up, even if it’s only temporary.

Diana glad you’re feeling better and although work got overwhelming I am so glad you’re doing more fun stuff

Waving Hi all around I need to get caught up, hope everyone is doing well and has a great day today
Old 01-09-2018, 06:00 AM   #127  

Smile Another Day

Hi!

I am hanging in there...I did watch a rerun of figure skating last night...but I fell asleep! Oh well...On demand has Olympic stuff, too, but not the nationals.
Oh, Emily, I bought a $200 imitation airdyne type bike. It lasted a couple of years and then some parts broke that made it not worthwhile getting fixed. One time I went to a garage sale and acquired 3 pieces of equipment for $25. The recumbent bike broke that I use was acquired used and has been around for years...I think I am going to look on Craig's list for another one. I may need to wait until spring. There were a lot of bikes there in the fall.

Anyway, another day of Richard Simmon's food mover. I relabeled some of the slots you slide down for specific goals I want to achieve. I need to eat more veggies. I had a sparking alcoholic drink. I had some sugary, fatty oat cereal. But I lost more weight. Think I need to eat more protein. I really need to grocery shop. Have not gotten back to the gym.

Oh! I won a gift certificate for Trader Joe's! That's a first.

222/215.6/215
Old 01-09-2018, 06:03 AM   #128  

Default Oops...

Correction...
222/217.6/217
Old 01-09-2018, 06:04 AM   #129  

kelijpa, had a warm up here yesterday, too. felt like a tropical heat wave! will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:20 AM   #130  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning everyone 203.6. Drop without the HCTZ (I had concern with weight continuing to go up). Not a new low but the other lows were certainly due to water release from the diuretic. BP 107/75 so going to stop logging it on 3FC. My personal computer fritzed out so I am logging on my work computer which I don't like to do -so just to say if I am off of the forum for a few days you know why but am ok and sticking with the plan.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:05 AM   #131  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Kelijpa Congrats on the 150!

Last night I added on: Full Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise Commuter Workout

Calories for yesterday: 1540 +
Weigh In: 188.4
Down: .2 Praise! I will take it.

Have a Blessed day!

Today's devotion is very appropriate for the New Year and New Year Resolutions.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

January 9

1 Timothy 4:8
For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.

There is an old adage that says, 'Don't put the cart before the horse.' Many people try to lose weight without a specific goal in mind. Often people set a goal that is unrealistic. In our attempts to become more mature as Christians, we grow a little at a time. God doesn't expect us to be perfect right away. He knows that our growth takes time. The same is true of our attempts to lose weight. We need to take it a little at a time. Crash diets and heavy exercise programs are not the way to go. Our Christian growth should provide us with an example. Let us approach our diets with patience and take it a small step at a time.

Today's thought: Dieting is easier if we try to lose weight little by little.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:10 AM   #132  

just did 2 miles leslie sansone.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:58 AM   #133  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning to all!
WI bounce down 169.0 but really no change. Diana today devotional is so spot on!
So first day of DASH is done and I am tweaking and tweaking was still under calories and sodium so am happy about that. I did not get a workout in last night as planned, DH texted me to help him set up banking for his accountant to log in. Tech stuff is not his thing.

So today a mini goal is to be mindful of any tempting snacks. Last night I ate a dixie cup of homemade chex mix. Was good but not worth the sodium.

I will check back in later today and catch up on personals have to ummm DASH to work
Old 01-09-2018, 10:03 AM   #134  
Trying to live below 200

Nancy How did you feel after first day of DASH vs. your previous WOE?
Old 01-09-2018, 01:24 PM   #135  
Fishing for a plan!

S/C/G: 225/225/155

Height: 5'8"

Hello ladies!

Just a quick fly by this morning. I've been feeling really sad and let down that I missed the "spirit" of the new year. Between working with never more than a day at a time off over the holidays and some drama in the family, the new year didn't come with an opportunity for quiet reflection, it came more like an out of control truck careening right at me...

So...I've decided MY New Year will start January 23rd. I am trying to lay a little foundation for positive change. I ditched the depressing avatar and created a colorful new ticker and went and got five inches cut off my hair. Just those small things have helped me to feel more positive.

Grannynancy: I hope you get up and running on your computer again soon..glad the BP is cooperating!

Nancy: sounds like DASH is the way to go! Any more anxiety attacks?

Hello Diana, Teri, Keli, Ciecie, Emily and everyone else! Have a great day!

Last edited by LurchMomma; 01-10-2018 at 03:12 AM.
Closed Thread