3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Weight Loss Support

Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-13-2018, 12:07 PM   #196
I will succeed

S/C/G: 186/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning to everyone!

Teri00 woo hoo and congrats

WI I am down a bit but still don't want to post a number I am now being paranoid lol, if it sticks I will have lost 2.6 lbs since Monday. So maybe I have been sodium sensitive all this time??? but I really dont think this number will stick. I am also eating a bit different in pattern, med sized breakfast, mid morning snack large lunch late and very light dinner. But still mindful of my sodium and overall calories. Calorie count realistically between 1250-1400 and sodium between 1295 and 1400

back later for personals

Goal one 10lbs by Thanksgiving -- missed met Dec 5, 2016
Goal two 15lbs by January one -- December 26, 2016
Goal three 20lb by Feb 21, 2017 -- January 23
Goal four 25lb by Feb 21, 2017 (spouses birthday) -- March 5, 2017
Goal Five 25lbs AGAIN Jan 1 2017
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:15 PM   #197

nancylmrn, congrats on being down. the sun is out now. the downside is that the temps are a lot colder today.
ciecie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:37 PM   #198

S/C/G: 265/202/150

Height: 5'6"

Teri and Nancy

Congrats on losses to both of you! Nancy, I hope the continued sodium reduction works and that the BP stays i good control.

Nancy

Started the Bright Line Eating approach July 24, 2017
No sugar, No Flour, 3 planned meals a day, Measured Quantities of protein, veggies, fruit and grains

Jan 17, 2018 ....... down 62 lbs/ 53 to go
grannynancy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:44 PM   #199
Fishing for a plan!

S/C/G: 205/ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Good morning chilly chicks!

I accumulated just under 9000 steps yesterday. I had an admission to the unit and had to spend more time at the nurse's station. My eight hour window yesterday:
2 egglands best cage free eggs fried in 1/2 tsp organic coconut oil.
1tbsp green belly hot sauce.
4 cloves pickled garlic
4 halved grape tomatoes
1/4 avocado
1 slice Ezekiel 4:9 flax bread with 1 tsp unsalted grass fed butter and 1 tsp jalapeno jelly
1/2 grapefruit
3 cups coffee with cream

9 triscuit crackers
2 tbsp garlic hummus
1/4 avocado
Small organic honeycrisp apple
Romaine salad with 1 tbsp fire-roasted poblano ranch dressing.
1 cup Stoneyfield low-fat organic plain yogurt
2 tbsp walnuts

I had a non-scale victory...drove home in level 2 conditions, Which took an hour and a half, stopped for gas and looked longingly through the window at all the contraband I could have to munch on the rest of the way home. I didn't go inside. Junk food on the way home from work and the ice cream place that's open til 1am are two of the main reasons I've become larger than life!

Nancy: have you noticed a difference in your anxiety since skipping your med? I hope the downward trend continues!

Terri: my German shepherd puppy ate my $500 glasses. Now it's Foster Grant readers for me! Congrats on your pounds down!

Grannynancy: mmmmmm....bacon....I've tried to be a vegetarian a few times, bacon is what always made me fall off the wagon!

Ciecie: how's your dad?

Hello to everyone else!

Last edited by LurchMomma; 01-13-2018 at 12:48 PM.
LurchMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 02:09 PM   #200

good afternoon! just back from power walking and running errands in this deep freeze. am home for the rest of the day.
Old 01-13-2018, 10:46 PM   #201
I will succeed

good evening to all,
Update on the anxiety front: it has been approximately 36 hours since I last took my b/p meds. I still have sensitivity in my wrists, forearms and slightly in my breast bone but not to the extent of the pain it was on Friday morning. (which was the worst so far of the past two weeks). I have not actually taken my b/p yet but will bite the bullet and do so this weekend. My body reacts in such weird ways to medications. Almost never the textbook symptoms.

Now for eating wise, not so wise. Two meals out today breakfast, 2 eggs, 1 slice of bacon and 1/2 slice of sourdough bread toast, lunch 2 cornitia's, 4 hand made corn tortillas (small) and some seasoned chicken breast (approx 3 oz) Spanish rice and retried beans (small portions) Tonight I will l skip dinner. Sodium city I am thinking so will keep pushing water tonight and hope for the best in the am.

Lurchmama, congrats on resisting temptation...one hour at a time

ciecie keep on moving!

Old 01-13-2018, 11:03 PM   #202
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/186.6/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

nancylmrn Hopefully it's those meds and you start feeling better quickly. I can have crazy reactions to meds, too.

Total Approx 1380 Calories +

Breakfast (260 calories + )
Organic Valley vanilla Fuel shake 260 calories
coffee w/cream sugar/stevia blend

Lunch (450 calories)
Grilled market salad (chick-fil-a) & a Mandarin orange vinaigrette I'm trying 400 calories
iced coffee from home 50 calories

Dinner (670 calories)

grilled chicken tenderloins 150 calories
Amy's mushroom risotto 250 calories
steamed broccoli/cauliflower 100 calories
vanilla Greek yogurt & blueberries 170 calories

Exercise
Combat 30 @ gym and 20 minutes bike

My focus for 2018: 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 and Philippians 4:13

My ticker reflects my original high weight

I started my most recent weight loss journey January 2008.
I lost 1/2 of my starting body weight and entered into maintenance May 2011.
Now the real work begins!
You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Dian
a
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 08:14 AM   #203
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Full Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise Commuter Workout

I woke in the middle of the night, hot and thirsty. I got up and drank a large glass of water. I'm sure that's the reason for the gain.

Calories for yesterday: 1380 +
Weigh In: 188.4
Up: .4

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

January 14

Psalm 11:7
For the righteous Lord loveth righteousness; his countenance doth behold the upright.

Don't let self-pity become part of your diet. It's very easy to feel sorry for yourself when you diet. First, you feel bad because you're overweight. Then you feel bad because of all you have to give up. You feel badly because other people don't seem to understand what you're going through. They get to eat as they please. All of these things can make dieters feel extremely sorry for themselves. Take heart. God knows what you're going through and He is delighted that you care so much about yourself. It is right and good to want to lose weight. Whenever we try to do what we think is right, God supports us completely. Replace self-pity with the blessed assurance that God is on your side.

Today's thought: Dieting is no reason for self-pity!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Dian
a

Last edited by Diana3271; 01-14-2018 at 08:14 AM.
Old 01-14-2018, 10:00 AM   #204

S/C/G: 265/202/150

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning. 203 down from yesterday - still been dancing around for a bit.

BP was up this am to 140/90. I realized that yesterday I had Yogi detox tea which has licorice root and that might be the source of the BP as I had that when it spiked before. Last night was horrible sleep. Woke up at 2am all stressed out about things I need to get done and could not really get back to sleep. Have to go somewhere today.

Yesterday I planned to eat 1144 calories and ate 1131 but the real issue is I am not doing too well at making and eating the supper I planned. I get busy and it gets too late to cook and eat and I substitute something easy. Today I will work on eating what I plan.

Today is planned for 1174 calories. Lunch will just be whey protein + fiber + banana because I will be out dog training. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Nancy - yay for the losses. Yep Mexican eating out is way high in sodium. Especially sauces. Any eating out, I have found, is usually ridiculous.

Lurchmama - major victory to avoid that trigger of junk food on the way home.. especially in a time of stress makes it all the better. LOL on the dog. One of ours once ate my husband's partial plate. They are nicknamed "German Shedders" for the hair they shed [you will have fun with that once the adult coat is fully in; the puppy coat does not shed so bad] and "German Shredders" for some of the damage they can do. They tend to be smarter than labs in that they don't usually eat what they destroy...though I had one eat a light bulb but in other ways he was more like a lab than a GSD [He also knocked out his front upper teeth when he ran into a tree and dropped the ball with blood pouring out of his mouth wanting me to throw the ball again..........]

Nancy

Started the Bright Line Eating approach July 24, 2017
No sugar, No Flour, 3 planned meals a day, Measured Quantities of protein, veggies, fruit and grains

Jan 17, 2018 ....... down 62 lbs/ 53 to go
grannynancy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 10:17 AM   #205

grannynancy, congrats on being down to 203! just had breakfast a few minutes ago. will work out in a few minutes.
Old 01-14-2018, 12:36 PM   #206
I will succeed

Good morning to all
Did a little retail therapy with my sister yesterday, forgot to mention that and picked up a few items on clearance including 2 pair of jeans which I needed.

WI I will say officially now 167.4 two days in a row down from last Monday of 170.0. Did not think it would stick because of yesterdays eating out. But hope this is not another 8 month stall ...ok I will keep going.

Slept well last night but still lingering tingling on my inner wrist and forearm but not my breast bone I will wait this out another few days then contact my Dr. again and give him an update.

Back later today going to go on a mini road trip with DH

Old 01-14-2018, 02:28 PM   #207

nancylmrn, glad you had good time with your sister with your retail therapy. just got back from church and lunch. am home for the rest of the day.
Old 01-14-2018, 08:22 PM   #208

Hi everyone, a big hug to you and also ty for the warm welcome when I poked in in December. I hope that you all are having a wonderful, happy, and healthy start to 2018!

As for me, I could go on and on so I will spare you.........s some of you may know I had a huge move at the end of July. I am finally settled in. As for me regarding plan? I kicked but all last fall (be. mid onv) and through spring and summer evne until the move. I really thought that we had it down as a lifestyle you know?

Went array on plan when here..........struggling hard back and forth to finallyyyy get started. Started this past Monday.....I am back to the same things girls......a star on my calendar for every successful day (morning after), the journal, etc. I am so determined to just go and go on plan now...already the time is going so fast! Trying to work my back...don't ever berate yourselves if something happens and you hit a curve ball...even if you don't feel like typing sometimes just being here speaks volume! It takes dedication and desire! Hope to talk to you all soon! Have a good nights sleep and great new start to the day tomorrow!
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 10:57 PM   #209

weekend boater, I know what you mean about getting off track. I was off track for about two weeks.
Old 01-14-2018, 11:06 PM   #210
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Weekend Boater It's good to see you!

Total Approx 1395 Calories + Feeling hungry and empty today

Breakfast (260 calories + )
Organic Valley vanilla Fuel shake 260 calories
coffee w/cream sugar/stevia blend

Lunch (450 calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken & a Mandarin orange vinaigrette 400 calories
iced coffee from home 50 calories

Snack - feeling empty and in need of something (190 calories)

apple 80 calories
Vanilla Greek yogurt 110 calories

Dinner (495 calories)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1 slice Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 60 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
Apple 80 calories

Exercise
JS Pyramid Power Walk

a

Last edited by Diana3271; 01-14-2018 at 11:07 PM.