Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 06:32 AM   #31  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/143 on my scale/143

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all
153.6 this morning

I was hoping to get to within 2 pounds of my goal at WW this week, don’t think it’s happening this week. I need to weigh about 150 on my scale by tomorrow. Should be next week. I need to keep my focus the whole week, it was a challenge to try and get it over the holidays.it probably kept me from gaining more over the holidays, so that’s a positive.

Diana hope the storm doesn’t hit you too hard.

Nancy welcome back, what a struggle to get home!

GrannyNancy congrats on the new low! You’ll be claiming it soon

waving Hi all around

Hope everyone has a great day

Last edited by kelijpa; 01-03-2018 at 06:33 AM.
Old 01-03-2018, 07:39 AM   #32  

good morning! i'll have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
Old 01-03-2018, 07:54 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 265/169/150

Height: 5'6" - 62 YO

Good Morning - 204.2 - Claiming that low

Still feeling wonky and a bit scared about the BP lurch and last night I was feeling queasy and had a nosebleed and it had shot up again to 150/90. I did deep breathing and waited and it went back down to 135/85 and is currently 119/75 with no extra meds. Limiting to one cup of coffee [which does not seem to raise it normally but will take in 30 minutes] but am very tired today and need some good sleep. I hope this is just recovery from the trip. [edit: BP after coffee 115/70-I have got to be the only person in the universe whose BP can drop after coffee - I have seen this before -all I can think it is small amount of potassium-I am most assuredly sodium sensitive and wish they had better testing for that. If this holds, I will need to talk with doctor about strategies for when I cannot manage sodium intake. Not ever eating out is not a good option.....]

Older DD got home and their house sitter had trashed their house with a drunken party and let the well run dry and froze the pipes and SIL was out in the cold yesterday fixing a ruptured water line. I am just soooo glad their pets are ok which is why they had a sitter! They came over yesterday and showered. Fortunately after all day they have water again due to hours of work in the cold by my SIL thawing pipes finding the leak, repairing pipes, but his day of rest was anything but and he is back at work today.

Younger DD added a great deal of stress during the trip with her complaining, anxiety, etc. ; I won't go into everything but then my husband wound up having his first bender of over a decade and wound up on the bathroom floor vomiting all night the day before we left to come back [He was the peacekeeper who kept us from throttling DD2] He normally does not drink and is not an alcoholic but they were white Russians and took him by surprise. So I was up all Sat night dealing with vomit and making sure he did not choke etc.

Then the drive up Sunday was stressful....and I gave in and ate fast food which is high in sodium as well as pretzels because my stomach was in knots from all the stress. I honestly wish we had not gone..I was not impressed with Universal studios. A lot of money for a handful of rides, most of which we should not be doing; they had very few rides that are mellow enough for DH, who could not ride due to his past heart attacks; and the whole place is like one big expensive shopping mall. We do well when it is just us and the granddaughters and we do more mellow things. They like the idea of some camping trips with us.

Even though husband got drunk Sat night, he is also still suffering the consequences. Neither one of us is on top of our game. I am going to try to walk today. Brrrrr. The dogs need more than what they are getting because I don't leave them outside all day when it is below freezing, and walking is good for me. Wearing two pairs of long johns this am and i think they will stay on all day. Tilly can chill in the house with me most the day. Beau cannot; at 7 years old he still needs constant supervision. I can leave a drag line on him and put him on place command else he is exploring and into everything.

Yesterday I only ate about 850 calories - just not feeling good. Not hungry.
Today I am trying to plan things out and eat better and get a solid night sleep. Have not done so yet and getting ready to start work.

Gettinfit - welcome back - kudos on steady success. That is the most important of all.

Diana - Hope you do ok with the storm - does not sound like fun. I think those two Bible verses could be a daily prayer. I may print them off and read them every morning.

Kelijpa - You are doing well. A few days and you will be moving back down. I would think closer to goal is bumpier but maintaining during the holidays is very good.

Ciece - do you power walk in the snow? Brrrrrrrr.

Nancy - Hoping you get back into a good rhythm again.

Last edited by grannynancy; 01-03-2018 at 08:22 AM.
Old 01-03-2018, 08:05 AM   #34  

grannynancy, so sorry you are not well.
Old 01-03-2018, 08:13 AM   #35  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/186.6/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

grannynancy I hope you and your DH both feel better soon. Congrats on the new low! Your poor DH, I can feel sick with alcohol, too. This year (New Years) I decided not to have any and I was glad about that. I think the last time I had anything was for our anniversary, maybe it's been longer. I know I had something when we went on our vacay in September. My goal has been to stay away since it turns me into an eating machine. I already have issues with my appetite, so I don't need any extra help.

Last night I added on: Full Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise Commuter workout

Calories for yesterday: 1085 +
Weigh In: 189.4
Down: 1.6 pounds

Have a blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

January 3

1 Thessalonians 4:7

For God hath not called us unto uncleaness, but unto holiness.

When we try to figure out what it means to be holy, we think of many things that we do which we shouldn't. Our minds fill with 'thou shalt nots' and we promise ourselves that we will do better. Our minds should not be so filled by the bad things we have done; we should focus on the good things we can do. Certainly, dieting requires sacrifice, but the benefits involved far outweigh the costs. Our focus must be on what we receive rather than what we must do without. Dieting is not turning from what we shouldn't do. Dieting is doing what God calls us to do.

Today's thought: God will not leave us when we respond to His call!
Old 01-03-2018, 08:27 AM   #36  

am anxious to hear news about dad. strong possibility he maybe discharged today. his doctor at the hospital wants him to go to the nursing home/rehab department. will know more later on today.
Old 01-03-2018, 11:37 AM   #37  
Stay Focused & Committed

Height: 5" 5.5

Good morning Everyone,

Diana - I was hoping that we'd get some of that bad weather here in the Atlanta area so that I could have had today off. I was not ready to come back to work yet. I hope you stay safe & warm.

grannynancy - Congrats on your new low and I hope you continue to feel better. You have caught up with me and passed me on the road to onederland. I'm hoping to get there by the end of the month. Keep up the great work

Kelijpa - Congrats on being so close to your goal! I hope we're able to celebrate with you next week.

Hi ciecie & Nancy

It's back to work and back to normal life for me today. I have not tracked my Points at all over the past 1/5 week but I have recommitted to tracking today. Even though I was not tracking, I still managed to lose weight over the last two weeks. This is the first time in years that I stayed in control and did not gain weight during the month of December

I'm looking forward to all of us having a successful 2018!!!
Old 01-03-2018, 11:54 AM   #38  

good morning again! just got back from power walking and running an errand.
Old 01-03-2018, 12:19 PM   #39  
Fishing for a plan!

S/C/G: 205/ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning!

GettingFit: I'm right there with you. 202.4. I hope to be in the 140s, or close, by my birthday in September. It looks as if a few of us are right around the same weight. I hope we all hit "onederland" in the next week or two!

Grannynancy: wow. I don't even know what to say to all that. You needed to come back home and have a vacation from your vacation! I haven't had a drink in 17 years. I wasn't an alcoholic, but when I did drink, I wouldn't stop until I was in the same situation as your DH. So just better for me not to drink at all. I quit smoking, cold turkey, after 35 years. Don't know why I struggle so with food. Congrats on your new low. I sure hope you feel better today.

Keli: I was looking at WW again, and I'm wondering if it's really much different than logging into MFP? I was losing weight when I was doing that consistently. Any insight on how it's different?

Nancy: your blood pressure was scary there for a bit. I'm so glad you are doing well now that you are back home.

Diana: I liked today's scripture. I think about that a lot.

Ciecie: I hope your dad is ok. I work in a facility that has both long term care and rehab floors. I wish him a speedy recovery, and above all, a quick return home.

DS Dr. Appt is today.

Hello to everyone I missed!
Old 01-03-2018, 01:39 PM   #40  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/186.6/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

So, Remember DH got the house generator after the last major hurricane threat we had? We have not had the opportunity to use it, which I am thankful for. Anyways, it is set to come on and test itself weekly or monthly or whatever, LOL. We have never been here when it comes on. So after the holidays, I was planning to call our HVAC people to come out to do the 6 month check-up of our HVAC, under house dehumidifier, Rinnai hot water heater, and generator. Well, I was just in the kitchen and it turned on! It was awesome! Since I have not heard it come on, subconsciously I was worried about it not working. We already have quite a few people in the Low Country area without power due to the winter storm. If we lose power we will have the generator. I am so thankful for that.
Old 01-03-2018, 01:44 PM   #41  

lurchmama, thanks! haven't heard anything from the hospital or assisted living/nursing/rehab today. just finished lunch.
Old 01-03-2018, 01:58 PM   #42  
I will succeed

S/C/G: 186/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon to all
Congrat Granny on you new low and glad you are home to recover from your vacation. I agree with you about Universal Studio's, felt the same way about Disney World, but liked epcot.

Kelijpa so close it is awesome
Gettinfit great job even without tracking
ciecie I hope you hear from the hospital soon the waiting game is the worst

WI this am up a bit 169.0 even so this is offical 10lb gain since September. I am not going to whine about it just do something about it LOL I just re-populated my fitness blender calendar to start next Monday, I needed this week to do some meal planning and I am still working on that. B/P down to normal again this am so am feeling better. Tonight for dinner...eh who knows, but I have some standby's I can use.

to everyone back later
Old 01-03-2018, 02:00 PM   #43  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Well last night I was a bit naughty and had pizza, although I only had 3/8 of a pizza I would normally have had half of, and I normally have garlic bread with it. Even that 3/8 clocked up 652 calories!

But I did a good strong 45 min walk on the treadmill and that burned off 300 of them - apparently, according to the treadmill's display. I hook up my tablet, turn up the incline, and watch an episode of Bones while I'm walking.

Problem with working full time is by the time I get home I cba cooking a proper meal and sticking a pizza in the oven is easier.

But today is better - I had tomato soup for lunch and this evening it's sausages and mash. Again it doesn't sound that healthy but I do the sausages in the oven rather than fry them and I don't have piles of mash and it clocks in at 385 - much better.

I'm not a terribly healthy eater I'm afraid, just try to keep an eye on the calories.
Old 01-03-2018, 05:28 PM   #44  

good evening all! heard from the hospital late this morning/early this afternoon. he's going to the nursing home part of lss sometime tomorrow morning.
Old 01-03-2018, 06:47 PM   #45  
Fishing for a plan!

S/C/G: 205/ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Ciecie: what is Iss?

Diana: Charles Stanley message along same lines as today's scripture. Guess God wanted me to pay attention!
Closed Thread