Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 08:14 AM   #226  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Full Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise Commuter Workout

Calories for yesterday: 1540 +
Weigh In: 186.4
Down: .6

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

January 16

John 12:46
'I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.'

When we feel bad about ourselves, we tend to dwell under a dark cloud of depression. Sometimes we can't think of anything else but how much weight we've gained and how much we would like to lose. The good news is that darkness always is replaced by light. We can get out from under the burden of our weight. We can change for the better. Our Lord is a liberator. He frees us from anything that oppresses us. Obesity is oppressing, and God is ready and willing to free us. No darkness is too great for God to dispel. No matter how dark and dismal our physical condition may be, in the light of Christ, we can trim down.

Today's thought: We always look better in God's light than in our own darkness.
Old 01-16-2018, 08:32 AM   #227  

good morning! just did two miles leslie sansone. will be going to see dad today.
Old 01-16-2018, 09:54 AM   #228  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone!
WI jump up again today 169.6 Guess the weekend will take more than a day to go away. But the first part is I have all my food planned for today and tomorrow so that is a plus

The anxiety that I had been experiencing seems to be nearly gone now that I am not taking my b/p meds, and b/p is in normal range. However my thumbs and wrist still tingle but I think that small area is more related to my arthritis so I will finish my breakfast and take an alive that seems to calm it all down.

I am going to contact my Dr. and let him know of the updates today.

Well I am off to work then I hope a good walk this evening the temp's here are mild for a change LOL
Old 01-16-2018, 10:14 AM   #229  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good morning. 200.4 new low. No HCTZ today but took it yesterday. Will *own* it after a few days off of that medicine.
Onederland is in my crosshairs.

BP 122/80

Yesterday planned 985 calories ate 917 calories.
Today planned 1117 calories

I learned something from my research. I think over-exercising can cause resting heart rate AND resting BP to go up! Nancy, I know you have been training, too. Looking more at this. Could it be the smoking gun? Overtraining? I had been pushing myself and maybe that is it. We will see what the next few days bring without HCTZ and with "recovery' walking and not pushing increased speed and effort.

Welcome: Synergyfoo and Ksguy! Ksguy - yay for the loss! Keep it going.

Nancy - Hopefully over the course of a few days the water weight will work its way off. Lemon water!

Lurchmama - So sorry about the flu. Not exactly a relaxing way to take off from work. At least the weight before it is looking good! Hope you get better fast. Maybe you should take "longer" to get better than it actually takes and have some time off.

Diana - great to see a drop after the other day.
Old 01-16-2018, 12:09 PM   #230  

S/C/G: 313/175/147

Height: 5'7.5

Good morning! I weighed in today - 170.4. I leveled out at about a 2 lb loss for the holidays. I'm drifting into maintenance mode now. I had my body composition tested and they told me that despite my BMI being 'overweight', my bodyfat composition is about 21%, which is fit and healthy. I'm not sure how much accuracy I give to calipers and body fat testing when I have quite a bit of extra skin, but I am happy. Everyone says maintenance is harder than losing it, so I will still be checking in so I don't get complacent. I might even post a goal picture soon. I can't believe I'm at that point.
Old 01-16-2018, 04:29 PM   #231  

good afternoon! just got back from seeing dad. did 2 miles leslie sansone this morning. will power walk and run an errand on my way to my meeting tonight.
Old 01-16-2018, 08:50 PM   #232  
Fishing for a plan!

S/C/G: 225/225/155

Height: 5'8"

Hello all:

Grannynancy: the Doc gave me a release to return to work on the 18th. So I did end up with a couple of days to rest. Boy do I need them. An aide from work texted me that half the facility is sick and they've cancelled all activities, etc. Guess the flu vaccine isn't very effective, which is what the news has been saying. I think you are on to something, about the over working out. When I was reading about adrenal fatigue, a woman who was having unstable blood pressure and stalled weight loss said she had been working out like crazy and keeping to a low carb diet, and she lost steadily at first then hit a wall that no amount of carb shunning and exercise could overcome. She said it had something to do with the stress of the diet and exercise raised her cortisol levels and caused a variety of negative consequences. I can't remember all of it as it was a while back and I'm still a little woozy.

Jules: congratulations! What a great feeling that must be!

Ciecie: I hope you found your dad was much improved when you visited him.

KSGuy: Welcome! I love KS! I miss it.

Weigh in still 195.0. Chx with rice soup, saltine crackers, peanut butter, hot tea, 3/4 C grape juice diluted with 3 quarts of water.

Thanks for the good wishes everyone. I can't scroll up on this phone to see what the posts were and I can't remember...good night.

Last edited by LurchMomma; 01-16-2018 at 08:54 PM.
Old 01-16-2018, 09:03 PM   #233  

my dad needs to get a lot better. his blood oxygen level is still low because he doesn't keep it in his nostril long. he takes it out to blow his nose and forgets to put it back in. will be going to see him next Tuesday. will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.
Old 01-16-2018, 09:36 PM   #234  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

LurchMomma and grannynancy I have been doing a new exercise program/rotation this month and I am really enjoying it. In the past I have worked out a lot harder. I have a lot going on this month and I didn't want to stress my body too much. This program is all standing except for the back workout. It's 25% off right now. Here's the program: https://www.amazon.com/Walk-Weight-I...a+smith+30+day

Ciecie I said a prayer for improved health for your Dad.

Total Approx 1540 calories +

Breakfast (415 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1 slice Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 60 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (425 Calories)
2 slices Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Thin-Sliced 120 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Smoked Turkey Breast & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
JS 30 Minute Fat Blaster and 15 Minute Standing Abs
Old 01-16-2018, 09:39 PM   #235  

ciece, those cannulas are so uncomfortable - my mom used to pull out hers all the time. Are they giving him moisturizing lotion for his nose? They get dried out and chapped etc.
Old 01-16-2018, 09:43 PM   #236  

S/C/G: 274highest/250sept2017/218now

Height: 5 9

Trying to kick 1 bad habit a week, and put 1 good habit in.

Out with cheapizza in with spinach salads.

Lemon and Spinach
The vitamin C in lemons helps your body absorb more of the plant-based iron found in spinach, a mineral that prevents mood swings and promotes happiness.

Red Wine and Almonds
Together, the antioxidant resveratrol in red wine and the vitamin E in almonds boost the body’s ability to thin the blood and improve the health of blood vessel linings.

Vinegar and Sushi Rice
Vinegar decreases rice’s ability to raise blood sugar levels by 20 to 40 percent.

Beet Greens and Chickpeas
Chickpeas are a good source of vitamin B6, which helps your body absorb the magnesium found in beet greens (B6 helps facilitate the transport of magnesium across cell membranes). These nutrients work together in the body to ease the symptoms of PMS and ADHD.

Green Tea and Lemon
The vitamin C in lemon makes more of the catechins (a type of antioxidant) in green tea available to your body.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:15 PM   #237  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

OMG Lurch that is me! workout and did low carb and stalled for 8 months now a gain over the last 3 months.....

Help chickies LOL

back in the am more realistic and giggles

Last edited by nancylmrn; 01-16-2018 at 11:21 PM.
Old 01-17-2018, 05:51 AM   #238  

good morning! I will have breakfast and workout in a few minutes.
Old 01-17-2018, 06:13 AM   #239  

You know it is really funny but the plan I am following does not push exercise during weight loss and talks about stress and we should wear "bunny slippers" and be kind to ourselves. While I think daily exercise is necessary and certainly some weight training I kind of get where they are going here. Stress = Cortisol = Weight Gain = BP rise. It is all about balance.
Old 01-17-2018, 06:18 AM   #240  

grannynancy, have to agree with you. it's about balancing things.
Closed Thread