Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 08:05 PM   #151  

Go Muse! You seem to be doing your thang BIG)) Congrats on not falling into your chocolate routine after the gig. That is a non scale victory in my opinion)) Yeah, I was concerned about what the conference would have since my friend is the wife of my new pastor and she can cook like my mama use to cook! We are southerners and boy.....whew! Anyway, I was very pleased to see the salad instead of mac n cheese, chicken salad, lasagna, fried fish, hush puppies, stuffing, what else, 3 different types of cake. I was struggling with cravings though since I have been home but so far, I haven't given in to them. Instead, I got a little rest and walked on my treadmill for 30 minutes since I didn't do it this morning. Plus, my other sister, not the one that has teamed up with me for support, had hip replacement surgery in May and went back to work this week. She used to walk 10 miles a day with a bad hip and work a full-time job! Dang girl! She lives in NY. I actually called her to see how her week at work went and to pass some time to prevent eating badly))) It worked! Ah buddy, I see things turning around. I am through now guys for the night. I have done my due diligence for the day (whatever that is). For real people, have an awesome night!

Last edited by Terry23; 07-09-2016 at 08:05 PM.
Old 07-09-2016, 08:46 PM   #152  

just got back from taking my sister's two dogs for a walk. my fitness goals for today have been attained.
Old 07-09-2016, 08:56 PM   #153  
FY,ML

S/C/G: 245/179/145

Height: 172cm

Default Daily Check In

Today was a good day diet wise! Still have 129 calories left out of 1,260! Did not work out today though.
Old 07-09-2016, 09:45 PM   #154  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

The butternut squash noodles are a winner. I gave DH a little bowl of them plain with only salt and he even liked it. He had no interest in subbing in some for his pasta though. I do want to try the zucchini variety. When I make zoodles, there's so much water in the finished product. I didn't have this with the butternut. I would like to see how much water is in their zucchini noodles.

Picking up personals from my post last night.

Sundove
DH does like veggies, but he prefers them to be prepared in a not so healthy way. Like when I make steamed yellow squash, he wants fried squash, I make stewed okra, he wants fried okra, etc. How did it go today. Were you able to get back on plan or are you easing into it?

Ciecie
I'm sorry about the losses around you, too. Cancer is just so common these days and just so hard to deal with.

Syckgirlsfv Great job on your winnings and breaking even. I also consider it a win.

Terry Sounds like a great day.

Muse I am used to celebrating everything with food, too. If you want to still celebrate that way, find something you like, that's low in calories and sub that for the usual higher calorie foods. If you make it, you can take special care of make it fancy or you can even get something out. Tonight I made myself a fruit/yogurt parfait. I have even seen them out. You could put one in the refrigerator or cooler. I used to take 1/2 of an English muffin or 1 piece of raisin bread, toast it with cinnamon and then top with ricotta cheese and a bit of pumpkin butter, etc. It was absolutely decadent and only 150 calories or so and loaded with protein.

FYML Hi and welcome to the check-in.

Waving Hi all around. Enjoy your evening!
Old 07-09-2016, 09:51 PM   #155  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1425 Calories +

Breakfast (330 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
XL egg 80 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch 450 calories
Salad w/romaine, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, avocado, roasted turkey & BHF's ranch 400 calories
iced coffee w/sweet 'n low & cream 50 calories

Dinner (645 calories)
small salad w/romaine, tomatoes, cucumbers, sweet baby peppers, 1 serving of BHF's ranch 100 calories
butternut squash noodles 100 calories
meat sauce 200 calories
1 small slice of baguette, grilled w/ghee & garlic 75 calories
vanilla Greek yogurt/blueberry parfait 170 calories

Exercise:
KCM's Cardio Pump - workout 2 w/#13

Last edited by Diana3271; 07-09-2016 at 09:51 PM.
Old 07-10-2016, 07:15 AM   #156  

S/C/G: 169/169/150

Height: 5'9"

I have never had squash noodles, so thanks for the advice!
I stepped on a scale....weight 169.8 lbs. I have a goal of 7 lbs lost by 7/31. I eat very badly, so I am grateful for this support! Have a blessed Sunday everyone!
Old 07-10-2016, 07:17 AM   #157  

good morning! I will exercise and have breakfast in a few minutes.
Old 07-10-2016, 07:52 AM   #158  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (sitting)
Nothing for this morning

Calories for yesterday: 1425 +
Weigh In: 171.8
Up: .2

Have a great day!
Old 07-10-2016, 08:18 AM   #159  

will have breakfast and exercise in a few minutes. just hung up a load of wash and emptied the dishwasher.
Old 07-10-2016, 10:49 AM   #160  

Hi Everyone,
Thank-you so much for the kind words re my friend's death. I am touched and grateful

Diana I am sorry to hear you are having a flare up. It sounds like you have had an intense week. Being there for someone who is alone--what a gift you are, and you've been here for us as well. I hope, hope, hope you get time now to tend to yourself. It's so important. I'm impressed that you can stick to your eating plan in these times.

It's remarkable how emotional things can mess with our bodies. Even when you are aware of the emotion. I wonder if there is a way to discharge that energy out of your body somehow.

I thought was back on it but in reality, easing into it is more accurate. Had to get up early to go to my Mom's. I was glad to do it but coming home is always painful because of traffic. So a 3 hr driving becomes a 4 hrs, which is just enough to really aggravate my hip. Somehow that equals eating off plan Actually walking into my mom's house triggers crazy eating. I need to be super focused & well-rested to withstand old triggers, which I was not.

Today belongs to me though, and I am so ready to welcome lean, healthy food.

Btw, just noticed Whole Foods now sells freshly made veggie noodles--squash, yam, zucchini. I can't justify buying them when they are so easy to make.

Muse Keep up the good work--great accountability!

Last edited by Sundove; 07-10-2016 at 12:54 PM.
Old 07-10-2016, 12:03 PM   #161  

just did 2 miles leslie sansone walk by faith.
Old 07-10-2016, 12:12 PM   #162  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

hi everyone! just relaxing before getting ready to go to church

right now having coffee - this coffee we got at Costco is amazing. It was at one of those vendor booths they have, not a brand they actually carry, and it's organic and super super delish!!! I'm glad we bought two bags of it! It's Jose's Organic Mayan Blend, and let me tell you if you haven't ever tried organic coffee, there is a world of difference. I first had organic probably 6 years or so again at a coffee shop called Patrick's and I couldn't believe the taste difference. This Jose's is amazing!

So dinner last night was Omaha Private Reserve Ribeye steak and Suddenly Salad Buffalo Ranch pasta salad. Really good! I ate only half the steak because it was like 14 ounces! I'll probably have the other half for breakfast this morning.

We hiked for 2 hours in 88 degrees yesterday - got our sweat on! Today I think we're going to go out and just walk around somewhere and window shop and stuff, just to be outside and still getting some exercise.

Diana I hope you are feeling better today!
Terry thanks for your words of encouragement as always
beloved warrior, flower, ennay, coolmom, muse, ceicie, sundove and anybody I may have forgotten have a great day and enjoy!!!

Back later!
Old 07-10-2016, 01:09 PM   #163  

Coffee lovers,
A couple of months ago I was raving about Nitro infused coffee. It still isn't widely available, and meanwhile I have been enjoying cold brew coffee, which is similar. As flower had mentioned, it has less acid when it isn't heated up. It's just plain black coffee, cold. You can lighten and sweeten it, but it's so smooth that it doesn't need anything imo. It isn't cheap, but turns out you can make your own quite easily.

You need coarsely ground beans--if fine, the result will be cloudy-- a jar and some way to strain it--a coffee filter will do, or a fine meshed strainer, or a French Press gadget. You put the grounds in the jar and add water. They recommend a ratio of 8:1 water to beans. (I used a bunch more & will dilute later). You stir the grounds to make sure they are good & soaked. Let it sit 12-24 hrs at room temp. Pour through the strainer et voila!

I'm making my first batch, so will report back tomorrow when I try it. Sycksgirlsfv I remember trying some Mayan coffee at Costco & it was amazing. Can't recall the brand-it was from Texas, I think Austin. Costco warehouse never did offer it so I ordered it online. But the product did not taste at all like the samples, and gave me heartburn--never had that problem with anything else. I stuck it in the freezer. it is what I'm using for this cold brew.

Last edited by Sundove; 07-10-2016 at 01:11 PM.
Old 07-10-2016, 01:53 PM   #164  

leaving for my cousin's for a family picnic in a few minutes.
Old 07-10-2016, 02:41 PM   #165  

Muse I totally forgot to congratulate you on the performance at the Royal Festival Hall! What kind of gig was it? Are you a vocalist?
Closed Thread