Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 10:27 PM   #136  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Sychgirl, great photos! I'm glad you had a good time and two pounds is nothing. Wow! LOL about Diana's comment about your husband.
Old 07-08-2016, 07:40 AM   #137  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! TGIF!

Nothing for last night
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 1

Calories for yesterday: 1495 +
Weigh In: 171
No Change

Have a great day and start to your weekend.
Old 07-08-2016, 11:55 AM   #138  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

Diana thank you for the compliments you are too kind! DH doesn't ride - he never has. Never has been his thing. He prefers fast cars and big trucks! He looks more normal than usual in that picture because his other arm is behind me and that's the arm that's fully sleeved in ink. He has LOTS of ink. You can't tell there, though.

So the scale moved down a little since yesterday - I thought it wouldn't because I had Panda for lunch. When I left for Vegas, it was 159.4 (being stubborn!) and last night it was 161.4. This morning, 160.8. We'll see how long it takes for it to go back under 160.

I'm still not all the way recovered, and so I haven't been able to really post much. I'm feeling the trip still - yesterday had brain fog (from all the alcohol) and today I'm still tired but my brain is clear at least! So I apologize for the lack of personals! I need to get out and move around a bit - it helps to get outside. Tomorrow we'll do either a long ride or a big hike. I need coffee!!!!

Last edited by Syckgirlsfv; 07-08-2016 at 11:55 AM.
Old 07-08-2016, 02:55 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 215/173.2/125

Height: 5'2

WI: 138.0
Exercise: Stationary and Walking
Calories: 1350

Storming again today. Bad bad wind damage to our city! Hoping it cools off and dies down a bit outside. Looking forward to the pretty weather we are suppose to get this weekend!
Old 07-08-2016, 04:10 PM   #140  

S/C/G: S196/C193/G154

Height: 5 ft. 6 inches

Hello Everyone

Thank you Terry for all your encouragement it’s people like you who inspire others.

Thanks Diana, good luck! Thanks for confirming it was Dear Husband, not Desperate Housewife!

I have a DB, my dear boyfriend, neither of us has ever been married to each other or anyone else. We first met in 1978!

Breakfast: Egg, tomatoes, and mushroom on toas
t: 1 cup of coffee with skimmed milk. 1 free-range egg, tomatoes, ½ large mushroom cooked in 1 tsp of olive oil on a slice of toast. It tasted bland, you can’t really fry an egg and veg well in 1 tsp of oil, so I will avoid that one. Plus one cup of delicious early Earl Grey tea with skimmed milk which was delicious. I didn’t enjoy the egg but I feel a bit of protein in the morning is good for me.

Lunch: “What I got in the fridge” Salad: I finely chopped the following, 1/3 yellow bell pepper, 1 shallot, 1 stick of celery, 2 carrots, 1 oz. of Haloumi cheese, and added a few boiled asparagus spears, and made a dressing of 1 tsp. each of tahini, balsamic vinegar and olive oil plus 1 sl. of wholemeal bread. It tasted tantalisingly tangy. Plus 1 cup of comforting liquorice and spice tea.

Dinner: Chick pea, Quorn, Mushroom and Ginger delight!
( I wanted to make my Quorn curry again but this is a slight variation).
Finely chopped 1 onion, 1 stick of celery, 1 ½ large mushrooms, 1 clove of garlic, fry in 1 tsp. of oil, add lots of ginger and some soy sauce, ½ can of chick peas (garbanzo beans) , 2oz. Quorn chicken pieces, 1 oz, of sultanas, ¼ can of chopped tomatoes, and cover with water and simmer. Served with 4oz of cooked pasta and 2 small Scottish potato cakes toasted. Verdict:
Drinks in between meals: Earl Grey tea and skimmed milk (delicious) 2 cups during my work, big cup of nettle tea, tap water.

Emergency Snacks: A few asparagus spears and a couple of little tomatoes after my walk.

Bedtime (Sometimes I need something at bedtime or I cannot sleep): Milky tea

Oops I did it again! : I couldn’t stop thinking of having something sweet and rich, ended up making a dessert a little low fat yogurt 1 tbs of sugar, 1 tbs of tahini, but I wasn’t hungry! Just tired and craving a lot. My dinner was very big already but it didn’t stop me from craving a dessert. I guess that was probably another 150 or so calories.

Physical Activity: Took an anti-histamine for the pollen and I went for a long walk in the park, I didn’t like it at first but then heard some music and ended up lying in the grass outside a big arena in the park where famous new musicians were playing sweet music. I love live music, even bland new music! It cheered me up and then was very hungry on the way home. Kept catching my reflection in shop windows, felt very down about it, but I need to love my body not hate it.

Wishing everyone good health, good foods and good moods till next time.
Old 07-08-2016, 08:43 PM   #141  

will go for another power walk in a few minutes.
Old 07-08-2016, 09:35 PM   #142  

Happy Weekend Everyone! Hope you all are doing well. All is well on this end. Walked on the treadmill this am (30 min) as planned but...I (didn't want to do it Muse)) and I kept my calories in check. Hoping to have a somewhat laid back weekend. My sister and I are teaming up to support each other while she is out on school break (cafeteria) this summer. She is 55 and just got her bachelors degree in February! She really needs to get her health in check as she begins trying to search for jobs in her major, criminal justice. She is diabetic as well. She lives an hour away and we talk everyday. She is already kicking my butt!!!! HAHAHAHA. Terri, congrats on losing so quickly from your vacation. Muse, glad the music cheered you up. Hey, that reflection will look much different after while. Plus, didn't you know that mirrors/reflections LIE?? HAHAHAHA. I have decided to believe my ACTIONS more than anything. Everyone, be blessed and have a great night.
Old 07-08-2016, 10:16 PM   #143  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

I am caught up on the posts, but I am exhausted. I am still feeling hormonal, but no TTOM, yet. I feel so behind at work, since the end/beg of the month was on the weekend and I didn't go to work at all last weekend. I need to go in tomorrow to get caught up on closing out my books.

DH wants spaghetti tomorrow. I usually make zoodles for myself. But the store now has a variety of veggie noodles. They usually have zucchinni but didn't have them them today. The best option was the butternut squash noodles, so I got that. They are 33 calories a serving and a full container is 4 servings (132 calories). That's not too bad. I wonder if DH would freak out if I cooked less pasta for him and put some of the veggie noodles in with his pasta. Ha Ha he would probably refuse to eat it. Here's the website for the company: http://veggienoodleco.com/

Total Approx 1495 Calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
XL egg 80 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1/2 Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 45 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (395 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 90 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)

Salad w/grilled salmon & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 45
Old 07-09-2016, 07:52 AM   #144  

All!
Syckgirlsfv Great pics. I'm impressed with the way you have your indulgence and then get back on track. WTG!

Muse Like Terry said, mirrors can & DO lie--some make you look bigger, some smaller depending on how they are made. That looks like a great day yesterday; even your sweet treat was in moderation. I'm curious about which brand of tea you drink.The man whose memorial service I attended yesterday was from the UK & lived in the US for decades. Some remembrances people shared included how easygoing he was, except about his tea,lol. There was a table of snacks that included his brand, Yorkshire Gold. It was really good!

BelovedWarrior Wow your vacation sounds exciting, the stuff of dreams! Half the fun of a vacation is the planning & anticipation, imo. It must feel nice to know you can actually make it for as along as you like without having to arrange time off work.

Terry Great that you & your sister can support each other. There is nothing quite like sister support. Congratulations to her on earning the degree!!!

Diana Those veggie noodles sound soooo good! The website even has directions to make your own. The company sounds unique, in a delightful way--CEO is a "veg nerd" I hope they expand out west. Iguess your DH is NOT a veg nerd

Everyone Else, keep up the great work!

I fell flat on my face diet-wise the last 2 days. It was just the stress of time mgmt. In order to leave work attend the service, I agreed to start early and end late. It's been unusually busy at work. I'm glad to see my friend whose DH died is getting a lot of love & support. I will get back on track with eating now. Probably with more structure than "moderation." I might even be missing my salads a little.
Old 07-09-2016, 08:36 AM   #145  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

I definitely have an angioedema flare up going on. The last 3 mornings I have woke with hives across my thighs and this morning I had obvious swelling in my face. So I have been feeling bloated and swollen but I also feel hormonal like PMS. So, I am a mess. Sundove I am sorry for your loss. An online friend of mine, her DH is in hospice and he's expected to pass any day now. Since her DH got diagnosed with cancer and as he has been dealing with treatments, side effects, it has made me think about my Mom. My feelings/stress has increased since he has taken a turn for the worse and her and I have been pm'ing more. I am trying to be as supportive as I can of her since she is alone in this. This week I also had to deal with some computer/software stuff and I feel that in itself just pushed me over the edge and into the angioedema flare up. I felt really stressed the day of the computer stuff and I could literally feel the flare coming on as the day progressed. All of this is why the week has felt so long and exhausting. I got my 8 hours of sleep last night so, that's good. Dealing with the computer stuff also made it where I couldn't work on my books. So, today I need to get the house straightened up and make a dent on my book work.

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise Level 2 Workout

Calories for yesterday: 1495 +
Weigh In: 171.6
Up: .6

Have a great day!
Old 07-09-2016, 09:02 AM   #146  

sundove, a guy I went to school with just lost his 24 year old son to cancer. the young man is being buried today. two other friends are losing their ex-husband and father to cancer. he's getting care at home from hospice.
Old 07-09-2016, 12:35 PM   #147  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

morning everyone!

ugh, I did better in Vegas diet-wise than I have over the last 2 days now! I have to get back on track. I'm sure I've put on some water weight but I will stay off the scale until maybe tomorrow so I can have a chance to sweat it out on the trails. I'm officially boozed-out! YUCK.

yesterday I had a chicken/rice/bean burrito from our fav place - half of it was breakfast and half of it was lunch. We got a giant sub sandwich from Pavillion's and I had a piece of that for dinner. Food-wise I'm ok but I have been drinking a bit too much that's for sure. I have to go back to work Monday so I'm off of it starting today...I don't like to go to work after drinking the night before any more. I'm not worried about the water weight, though! I know what I have to do to ditch it

I have had coffee so far this morning...that's all. Probably will have a piece of that sandwich and then hit the mountain for a long hike. Will be 90 degrees today so I am sure to sweat it off!

I don't think I mentioned it, but I brought all my money home from Vegas! I took 800 with me, won 500 the first night but then gave it back the second. So I brought my original 800 home. I count that as a win.

Last edited by Syckgirlsfv; 07-09-2016 at 12:37 PM.
Old 07-09-2016, 01:12 PM   #148  

just got back from taking my sister's two dogs for a power walk. will have lunch in a few minutes.
Old 07-09-2016, 05:00 PM   #149  

Happy Saturday All! I thought I was going to have a laid back day at home but I decided to attend the Women's conference at my church. I made up my mind early this am. It was worth it and was good. I am a little tired now though and have ALMOST eaten enough calories for the day..they had fried chicken and different types of salads for lunch. I did pretty well with the choices I made. Sundove, sorry about your friend and I am glad his wife has a lot of support around her. Diana, hope you feel better and get a chance to de-stress. Terri, hang in there! Everyone else, have a wonderful evening
Old 07-09-2016, 05:46 PM   #150  

S/C/G: S196/C193/G154

Height: 5 ft. 6 inches

Hello Everyone

Terry sounds interesting that you went to your women's group, it's good to go out to things I have to force myself to often. But always hard when everywhere we go there is often food! Well done for "resisting temptation". http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/imag...les/carrot.gif

Ciecie: Well done for your dog walking, I love dogs and used to sometimes look after my friend’s dog. You are not only looking after yourself but making some doggies very happy!
Sorry to hear about your friends and their relatives. Too many of my friends also lost to cancer, and there’s nothing I can say that can really make it better, but just that we understand it’s a big shock, especially when we know someone dying young.

Diana: we can all get really exhausted from those hormones, give yourself a bit of a break if you are able to, it’s taking care of yourself that matters the most sometimes. Good luck.

Syckgirlsfv: Good luck with the scales hope your water weight goes as you hoped.

Sundove: thanks for your message and sorry about your friend, I buy lots of different teas, mainly from the supermarket, and the health food shop, I just go for the cheapest ones. But my favourite is Twinnings Lady Grey tea ( tastes of orange and bergamot but no calories).
Good luck to everyone else, sorry if I missed out anyone

I did a gig at the Royal Festival Hall today. I only had a small part in it but still I guess it’s a big deal because of the famous venue. Normally I would eat lots of chocolate and comfort foods to help with stage nerves and to celebrate afterwards, this time I tried to find alternatives.

Breakfast: 2 cup of coffee with skimmed milk, 2 small Scottish potato cakes with 1 tsp sugar reduced marmalade. Yummy! Yummy!

Lunch: Mushroom Omelette and salad: 1 large mushroom fried in 1 tsp. of oil, fresh parsley, 2 free range eggs, 1 sl. bread, 3 lettuce leaves with 1 tsp balsamic vinegar, 1 tsp tahini. 1 small banana for dessert. Tasted good.

Dinner: Post-Gig, tired but had to cook for others and so more calorific than normal! I made a “Haloumi Burger”. For each person 2 oz, grilled haloumi slices, and sliced onion, mushrooms, and yellow bell pepper fried in 2 tbs of olive oil, plus a dressing made of 3 tbs tahini and 3 tbs of soya sauce, in two slices of bread plus 1 tomato. Really scrumptious and very tasty. Plus three cups of tea with skimmed milk.

Drinks in between meals: water

Emergency Snacks: 1 Scottish pancake (93 calories) when hungry before going on stage.

Bedtime (Sometimes I need something at bedtime or I cannot sleep): Liquorice and spices tea.

Oops I did it again! I had a small bottle of beer after my gig. That’s not good but better than lots of ice cream and the big take-away curry that I really craved after the gig. Instead when I got home I made dinner, far less calories, but still too many. Am still using food and alcohol to celebrate and relax after a long stressful day, wish I could find something else that hit the mark.

What could that be? Deep breathing isn’t enough! Buying nice things doesn’t interest me. Going to the hairdressers, having a massage, taking a bubble bath, reading a good book and all the things people usually suggest to pamper yourself just don’t appeal to me. Maybe I just need to tell myself I have done well as a reward. I cannot think of anything I enjoy as much as food, that’s a bit sad maybe but true at this point in my life.

Physical Activity: Was too busy!

Having to write down in detail what I honestly eat and drink is helping me to consume less but am finding it hard too.
Wishing everyone good health, good foods and good moods till next time.

Last edited by Muse17; 07-09-2016 at 05:49 PM.
Closed Thread