Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-24-2017, 09:11 PM   #286  
Tough Turtle

S/C/G: 199/183/115-120

Height: 5 ft 4 in

Great news to hear Keika! Bodyreboot you can do it! Maybe a bunch of it is just water...

Anyway, I'm back to the chat already because my whole catch up plan idea isn't working for me mentally. All last week I felt really bad about myself, and it's so stupid because I just got a new scale...a new instrument that is telling me I weight 1.5 lbs more than I thought, and probably didn't even gain any actual weight. I know a 1.5 seems like nothing for most people, but on my diet plan that is almost 4 weeks of work. When I was focusing on losing 0.4 lbs every week it was a little challenging but almost always attainable. I was feeling really positive and looking forward to next week where I'd be just a little bit skinnier...

So I guess what makes sense for me is to just accept the 1.5 lbs "set back" and re-adjust my schedule. Last week I weighed 165.4 lbs, so I am hoping to reach 165 this week.
bloominbutterflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 08:30 PM   #287  

S/C/G: 163/163/145

Height: 5'10"

I'm sorry, bloomin. That's rough. Scales suck. Don't beat yourself up over it, though! It's just a number after all, and you're much more than a number on a scale!

As for me, yeah, forget only weighing twice a week. I felt blind when I wasn't weighing daily; I've liked knowing where my weight is every day because it lets me predict my cycle and see trends in the way my body behaves. It seems science disagrees on whether daily weighing is good or bad, so since I don't obsess over daily fluctuations or feel bad about myself when I see upticks, I'm going to weigh myself whatever day I want, without guilt. Official recording day is still only Saturday, though.

As far as progress goes, I was 166 right before my period started today, so even though the scale says 167 today, I'm staying mentally at 166. That extra half a pound is almost certainly just water anyway. I'm still not updating my ticker until the scale agrees, though.
Keika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 08:49 PM   #288  
Determined

S/C/G: 168/???/130

Height: 5'4"

The last time I weighed myself, I was 168. This was before the new year even began! I've been a gym regular for months since the weigh-in, but only really started eating healthy two months ago. I was so depressed from seeing 168, since a little over a year ago I saw 132, that I haven't weighed myself since. I think I'm going to weigh in next week. Any advice if it hasn't moved or has gone up? I'm nervous, because I don't want to feel depressed or discouraged, but seeing everyone log their weight makes me want to do the same, since I'm dedicated this time around!
Lynnfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 12:23 AM   #289  

S/C/G: 185/163/140

Height: 5ft 3in

Update. I think it was just pre-period weight. I weighed myself yesterday at 165lb. Yay! Highly unlikely for me to hit 160lb goal by end of April but I just have to keep pushing myself. I've decided to weigh myself every other day instead of every week. I find that it lessens the chances of "surprises" whether good or bad. And I can like seriously monitor better.

This morning I was super craving and I couldn't stop myself so I ate a small size bag of Cheetos. Oh well.

I'm stuck here for a while longer. Hope everyone does great and we can all move to the 150s soon.
bodyreboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 02:58 AM   #290  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnfit View Post
The last time I weighed myself, I was 168. This was before the new year even began! I've been a gym regular for months since the weigh-in, but only really started eating healthy two months ago. I was so depressed from seeing 168, since a little over a year ago I saw 132, that I haven't weighed myself since. I think I'm going to weigh in next week. Any advice if it hasn't moved or has gone up? I'm nervous, because I don't want to feel depressed or discouraged, but seeing everyone log their weight makes me want to do the same, since I'm dedicated this time around!
Welcome, Lynnfit!!

My advice? Tell that scale who's boss! Remember, your weight is a number, nothing more. It's not a measure of how pretty or attractive you are, or how other people see you, or even really of your overall health. It's the combined weight of your bones, organs, fat, muscle, water, glycogen, etc., but that's all it is.

My money's on it being lower than the last time you checked, but even if it's not, don't get down on yourself. You are definitely not lazy or less of a person because you might be overweight; on the contrary, you're the stronger for it, because you're committed to changing your habits and becoming a healthier person, something many people who don't struggle with their weight may never experience. Just put it down as "day one" (or "month 3/5", as the case may be) and in a few more months, you're going to look back on that number with pride: look how far I've come, and where I will never be again!

Always remember that there is waaaay more to you than a cold, impersonal number could ever represent!
Old 04-27-2017, 09:09 AM   #291  
Tough Turtle

-Thanks for the encouraging words Keika! I'm glad we have you around . It's amazing how much those scales can alter the perspective of ourselves.

-Bodyreboot congrats!

-Lynnfit, I would be dying from curiosity. But I think you should wait until you're ready, maybe really think about how you'll react if it's good or bad. Have a plan in mind, maybe that will make it easier.

Well guys, I got 165 even today. Met my little goal for the week, it feels great to be back to doing what feels good/normal for me. I actually just joined a gym too! It was a very spur of the moment thing, I bought an outfit for it Tuesday night and joined on Wednesday! I'm going to be doing on my own LISS (Low Intensity Steady State) for several reasons (really seems to fit my life best). I might venture into higher intensity later if I notice my metabolism stalling, but really hope I can do LISS for the duration of my diet .

Last edited by bloominbutterflies; 04-27-2017 at 09:21 AM.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:14 PM   #292  

I weighed in today at 167.4. I am sticking to a 1200 calorie or less diet, and trying to get at least 15 minutes of excercise a day. I switched some medication to 5 in the morning, then going back to bed for a few hours. It's really been working. It made me hungry to take it at 8. I do fast for at least 12 hours. Usually from 7 at night to 9 In the morning. I went through the cupboards and threw out a lot of stuff. I kind of want to start over with my food supply.

Last edited by Harrypotterrocks; 04-27-2017 at 07:17 PM.
Harrypotterrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 09:01 AM   #293  
tricia

S/C/G: 200/200/169

Height: 5'2

Default goal

hello there. my goal is 169. I weigh 200 right now. How much should I lose per week for it to stick? Is it only one pound? I weigh myself every day. It's a habit.Even though everyone says weigh once a week. Any thoughts on this? Love, Tricia.
cali47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 09:15 AM   #294  
Tough Turtle

Good work harry potter! Sounds like you found a good plan that worked for you.

-Cali: I think 1 lb is generally a good place to start, you'll be able to see if it's too easy or too hard for you. I weigh 165 and shoot for 0.4 lbs a week, my life is very busy/unpredictable and I can't exactly act like a shut in with strict control of my diet :/ (full time work, graduate school, living in 2 places, and now a gym membership!). And then there are people who lose/gain faster or slower. I'm actually not sure what side I lean on or what my metabolism is like, and I don't count calories. But many people here do, there are SO many ways to plan your diet. So you can tailor it perfectly to you .

Also, I weigh myself very often, almost everyday! Some people find the scale very discouraging but I'd rather know the damage than not. Especially since I don't count calories it's the only way that I can really know if I'm doing well/screwing up.

Last edited by bloominbutterflies; 04-28-2017 at 09:30 AM.
Old 04-28-2017, 07:41 PM   #295  

Yep, 1-2 lbs a week is very healthy, Cali.

Official weigh-in today put me at 167 still, but I'm also only halfway through TOM. Looking forward to that post-TOM whoosh!
Old 04-29-2017, 04:35 PM   #296  

165.8 this morning!! My post-TOM whoosh has started early!! I knew I was dropping water yesterday with how much I was having to get up to visit the bathroom, but WOW!

Now if only this had happened yesterday, on official weight-recording day...

Last edited by Keika; 04-29-2017 at 04:36 PM.
Old 04-30-2017, 06:45 AM   #297  

S/C/G: 185/163/140

Height: 5ft 3in

We can do it fellow 160-ers.

Great job Keika! The whoosh finally came.
Bloominbutterflies, you can do it. I've resorted to weighing myself everyday again. I was like that the first 2 weeks. And then I didn't. Now I'm back to doing it again. I think this will keep us on track.
Harrypotterrocks, Lynnfit, cali47, one step at at a time. one pound at a time. Don't get discouraged. Just need to stay the course.

Weighed today at 165. not much change but at least it didn't go up.

Let's rock it this May!
bodyreboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 07:02 PM   #298  

Thanks, bodyreboot! I'm right there with you: still sitting at 165. After that whoosh, though, I'm perfectly happy with the normal =<0.2 small steps each day. At least I'm going down!

Last edited by Keika; 05-01-2017 at 07:03 PM.
Old 05-01-2017, 09:50 PM   #299  
Determined

S/C/G: 168/???/130

Height: 5'4"

Thank you all so much for the encouraging words! I plan to weigh myself Friday morning!
Lynnfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 12:38 AM   #300  

!!!

Tags
weigh loss