Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-03-2015, 09:44 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 253/253/149

Height: 170cm/ 5 ft 7in

Hey guys -
This is the second time I'm gonna write this entry.. first one I started off by saying today was a failure due to diet and lack of exercise - but then I thought twice and did a youtube pilates workout for 30 mins and some weights in my room! So exercise wise today was good!
However- diet wise pretty bad lol.
First off just had some low carb high protein bars and then they morphed into a hot chocolate with low fat cocoa powder. Which then turned in to some chocolate and matzot, which turned in to eating a big chocolate rabbit!!! So a very bad day diet wise, but I'm not going to be too hard on myself as it is a holiday. Mentally I'm back on track, I sat down and reminded myself tonight about WHY I am actually doing this diet/ lifestyle change. So as from tomorrow I'm straight back on my programme.
I hope everyone has a great day
Golda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 11:09 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Just a lurker passing through to make a comment. Nice thread, with lots of good suggestions and great support for one another!

Made to Thrive - I had never heard that song "Thrive" but found it on Utube and I like it! I bookmarked it so DH can put it on my MP3 player. I listen to it when we go on trips in the car.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 01:15 PM   #48  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Your laugh for the day.

So, I've been thinking about how I am going to handle myself for Easter. I have such a hard time enjoying holidays, etc in moderation. As you know, I have been listening to my Belleruth meditation CD's aka brainwashing CD's. I am really hoping, that one day, 'I will feel full and satisfied just from taking in the beauty of my surroundings'. Geesh, why is this brainwashing stuff taking so long.

Wannabehealthy Hi and welcome to the check-in.

Last edited by Diana3271; 04-03-2015 at 01:17 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 01:26 PM   #49  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

somehow I have put some water weight back on overnight! no idea why - food was good yesterday (maybe a little salty?) and I rode 11 miles, too. BUT, I seem to be in that mid-cycle fertile/ovulation wacky part of the month that happens about a week or so after TOM ugh. I may forgo the vodka tonight and just have a glass of wine.

DH rented us a movie called Wild Card - it's starring Jason Statham and is lots of Vegas and blackjack - my kind of movie!

B - belvita
S - prunes/nuts
L - asian chopped salad in a mango wrap
D - not sure just yet

riding 21 miles after work today - I will get these 2 extra pounds off!!!!
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 04:00 PM   #50  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Still not weighing.

Had a great day with the kids today playing and swimming.

Diana, my mom has seen me before this and is a little amazed. My step dad was inspired to try himself and is doing a variant of intermittant fasting (3 days eating normally, two days cutting back). It seems to be working well for him.

Anyway, I ate a lot of fresh fish (salmon, mackeral, cockles, crab, shrimp, mussels) and cous cous today. Tomorrow will be the same. I feel I am losing because portion sizes are smaller, even when I am buying this stuff myself from grocery stores. I have also bought a lot of canned fish to bring home. I always do that to calm the mind on these trips. You can go to any grocery store in the world and find canned fish. Sometimes the choice disappoints. Sometimes not.

On this trip I have bought canned smoked Scottish mackeral, Spanish anchovies, Cornish Pilchards, razor clams, baby squid, hake roe and Portuguese sardines.

Probably $600 worth. That's a lot of cans.

Putting something in luggage does not get much easier than canned fish though. It's in a can. So it's not like it's gonna break.

And fish is OK to bring back into the US according to Customs

For exercise, I ran 5 miles by the sea.

Last edited by IanG; 04-03-2015 at 04:17 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 06:46 PM   #51  
on a journey

Hello everyone,

I feel so much better today, no headaches or migraines today. Thank you all for your well wishes.

Kelijpa, Thank you for your kind thoughts, migraines really do suck. Mine usually feels like a vice grip around my head.

Diana, I weighed at the sleep clinic yesterday, the nurse warned me it was about 5 lbs off, plus with my being on a bad period, that had to have added a couple of lbs. I, too, feel like a beached whale lately. I am still bleeding, I wish it would stop. It's been about 4 heavy days now. It can stop anytime now.

I worked today, it seemed like a long day. I'm worn out. I only had 2 clients though. weird. Why would I be worn out?

There is a church service tonight but I think I'm going to stay home. I'm tired. Plus it's raining and crappy out, I don't want to take a chance and drive in this weather.

I'm going to relax and crochet right now. Have a good evening.
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:27 PM   #52  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Your laugh for the day.

So, I've been thinking about how I am going to handle myself for Easter. I have such a hard time enjoying holidays, etc in moderation. As you know, I have been listening to my Belleruth meditation CD's aka brainwashing CD's. I am really hoping, that one day, 'I will feel full and satisfied just from taking in the beauty of my surroundings'. Geesh, why is this brainwashing stuff taking so long.
I need the brainwashing as well

Golda if I had a nickel for every time I gave myself a good talking to, I'd be a millionaire it keeps me going

Ian glad you had a good day with the kids, sounds like you're finding some great stuff!

Well, going to give Hunter a bath, can't have him going for a haircut like he is now, yay mud season

Best to all
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 09:50 PM   #53  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Novangel
I hope your leg heals and feels better soon. No worries about posting. Do what you can and use the check-in how it works best for you.

Mossy Dang! I could eat some prime rib! Now that's my kind of eating. Did you cook it? Did it have a herb crust? I love the herb crust.

Flower Are the temps going to warm in your area soon?

Renee Good luck on your weigh in tomorrow.

RetrorabbitToday was a new day. I hope it was a better one for you.

Kelijpa Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. Did you have a nice day off? Cody went to the groomer yesterday. They put an Easter rabbit bandana around his neck. He was so cute.

Golda It's never a failure. Keep trying and building on the good days. Great job on the exercise.

Syckgirlsfv
The Asian salad in a wrap sounds delish!

Ian Great score on the canned fish! I'm glad you can bring home some treats. Sounds like you are having a nice trip.

Lisa Have a nice relaxing evening.

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!
Old 04-03-2015, 09:57 PM   #54  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1685 calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Mediterranean Blend Veggies or Zucchini w/Tri Pepper Blend
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow white cheddar cheese 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (900 calories)
smoked seafood w/crackers 200 calories
sweet tea-glazed salmon w/black-eyed pea succotash, green tomato vinaigrette 700 calories

Exercise:
KCM's Plateau Buster - Plateau Challenge Premix w/12's
Old 04-03-2015, 10:01 PM   #55  

Diana and Kelijpa, I too need that brainwashing. Oh yes. I knew a very thin beautiful woman who used to get satisfied from smelling food. Well I do not even want to write what my mind thought when she said that, while smelling pizza. Nope cant write that

Lisa C, So glad you are feeling better. I honestly cannot imagine dealing with migraines.

Syckgirlsfv, will be curious to hear if you had that vodka or not. Why does vodka make you retain more than wine would? Do other alcohols cause water retention? Or just Vodka?

Ian, cewl that you are going to be able to legally take back to the US some fish.

Wannabehealthy Great to meet you !

Golda, I hear ya. Its SO hard. The important thing is that you are hanging in there. Thats the recipe (no pun intended) for success.

Sorry, I am just responding to posts on page 4. I am sending big to everyone on page 3

Today as always I woke up thinking no Trader Joe's version of popchips. But I relented within a couple of hours. Thinking I can go without the low calorie hot chocolate is useless.

So I got the chips. The had sample of pecan kringle. And a sample of ice cream. Then I got the popchips. The Trader Joes version is less calories. 360 per bag. Took them home and ate them within 5 minutes. Then wanted more. So I set out to get more. I got near the store and thought that maybe I can get earrings instead. ( is that a bit ADD?) I had a coupon from Kohls for 10 dollars off any purchase. So I went and got some earrings. I walked then over to the grocery store to buy the popchips. But while walking there I decided that I should just have lunch at home and skip the popchips. I left there with toilet paper and paper towels. AND walked back to the mall parking lot. In the end there was a victory. No second bag of pop chips. AND a walk. Today I expect the calories to be 1550. which includes the samples.

I hope everyone has a great Saturday. Easter bunny is on his way

Last edited by flower123; 04-04-2015 at 03:59 AM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 10:02 PM   #56  
Pure Determination!

S/C/G: 292/260/185

Height: 5'11"

Default My story in brief

I started this past December at 292 after many starts and stops. Now I am 260!! Being down 32 pounds feels good!! Due to a health condition I guess I am really seeing the light and decided to stop being stubborn and look for a buddy system.

I started with planning on doing two exercise sessions a day. Just short ones but I am sticking to it. It is mainly getting limbered up and getting my heart rate going.

I lost 8 pounds since joining and I am learning a lot from this website about healthy choices!!

Last edited by WildflowerGirl; 04-03-2015 at 10:03 PM.
WildflowerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 01:38 AM   #57  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

E: 40 minute walk

B: cereal and milk
L: leftover fish fillet, collard greens and mashed potatoes.
S: wholewheat crackers and peanut butter.
D: veggie pot pie.
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 03:51 AM   #58  

great to meet you wildflowergirl. Congrats on the weight loss ! I think you are smart in deciding to have a buddy system. Many people find this thread helpful. I know I do. It can really help.

Penny, I admire that you walked 40 minutes. Great!

Last edited by flower123; 04-04-2015 at 03:59 AM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 06:20 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 226.4/224.4/175

Height: 5'10"

Down 1 lb. Not much, but in the right direction.

Today is my 34th wedding anniversary Going out for dinner so I will have to be careful with what I order. Also, putting together an Easter basket so that will be a challenge.

Hope everyone has a great day!

B- bowl of oatmeal
S - banana
L - cup of soup and sandwich
S - apple
D - hamburger with veggies

Last edited by Renee3; 04-04-2015 at 06:28 AM.
Renee3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 07:15 AM   #60  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Welcome to the new posters!

We are staying with our Japanese friends and got to explore a castle. Food was cereal, ramen and sushi. New fav was the sardine and ginger paste sushi. So good! My other favs are the roe/cucumber and the pickled eggplant with wasabi.

Tomorrow we ride the bullet train back to Tokyo. No Easter for us.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote