Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-13-2015, 09:27 PM   #151  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hello all,
Put together a decent day, just working through this phase, whatever it is.

Ian wishing you the best, forms of intermittent fasting work well for us when we do it,with the exercise. I feel like you, I'm too heavy for my height, this is my max, really beyond my max. We'll get there, now I know what they mean about this being a long-term or life-long journey. I'm not quitting though.

Sickgirlsfv, I feel like I could say the same to you I think it's great you always have Vegas to motivate you!

Great job getting back on track Coolmom, I was wanting a sandwich all day and didn't succumb, it was hard, not sure why so hard...

Diana I have to go back and read your last question again

Using the phone, really not enjoying the mobile site, so I'll just say wishing everyone the best
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 10:39 PM   #152  
Warrior Princess

Ian, I don't think eating fat is as much of a problem as the large portions. I'm guilty of it myself but you know your body better than anyone. Hopefully your modified plan works for you. I know the frustration.

I'm totally fed up too and tonight finally started Jillian's 30DS again! This time I'm sticking to it, darn it! Pray for my thighs tomorrow.

As most of you know I'm still running but it's not getting me the results I desire, strength training is the only way but I hate it. I just have to stick with it until it becomes less torture but the results are SO worth it. Time to stop complaining and do something about it.

Waving all around. I've been taking a break from posting so I'm way out of the loop. Did I miss anything?

Last edited by novangel; 04-13-2015 at 10:41 PM.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 06:02 AM   #153  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all, 173.9 this morning

Lunch is packed, need to get moving so here I am...

Diana we did some shopping, walked the HighLine an old railroad that's been converted to a walkway, ate in Little Italy...yum...

Hope everyone has agreat day
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 07:51 AM   #154  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on:
Twists section from Essential Yoga for Inflexible People
Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)

This Morning: Oxycise Level 1 workout

Calories for yesterday: 1435 +
Weigh In: 173.2
Down: .4

Have a great day!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 10:25 AM   #155  

S/C/G: 209/ticker/170

Height: 5'8"

Howdy all!

Just checking in. Been busy with finishing the BSN, being in limbo on a new position (no more- start in the ER in May!) and trying to take care of myself. Ran my fastest yet 5K this last weekend- 33:33! Got a 10K coming up next month that I hope I can do OK.

Have to get to clinicals... just thought I'd pop in and say I've been lurking and sending good thoughts to all, just haven't had time to post. :-)
Eydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 10:52 AM   #156  

S/C/G: 178/156/150

Height: 5'8

Hi everyone,
I have been terrible at keeping up with this site. I guess I've been busy, but have also been spending a lot of time with a friend who has become somewhat of a romantic interest. We get along really well, but he's super skinny and not typically the body type I go for, and I have a feeling I'm not really the body type he goes for. This has both been good and bad. Bad because it's not that great for my self-esteem, good because it's been a huge motivator.
I still haven't been working out though, which means it's been a week and a half since I last got to the gym. I've also been sleeping a lot, which usually means I'm stressed and overwhelmed but don't really realize it until it's 6 pm and I'm ready to sleep 12 hours. I also started smoking again and have smoking way too much, ugh. I'm beginning to think it's not reasonable to quit while I'm at school due to the amount of smokers here, many of whom are good friends, and the amount of stress. Our society does not support healthy individuals at all :\
I'm taking a sick day from class today though so I can get a lot of reading and writing done (which is going pretty well so far) while also relaxing.

Other than the lack of exercise and homework, I've been doing well. I haven't been overeating at all and weighed in at 162 today.
I also finally got some air in my bike tires yesterday and got to bike home from school for the first time since november. I'm hoping on friday to go for a long bike ride if weather permits.
RetroRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 11:01 AM   #157  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

morning!

Diana I feel like it's both - the water gain from the alcohol and after a while it starts to mess with the metabolism. It's not new to me...apparently I'm a glutton for punishment or something! I am going to reduce my intake on the weekends to very little, wish me luck, because DH is the real problem! I could just not have any pretty easily, but he will bring it home. I suppose I could stop being a baby about it and just say no...

Kelijpa yes, Vegas does motivate me! But really it comes down to taking my own advice - just stop. If I don't want to drink, don't!

ok, the day looks like this:

coffee is always assumed
B - belvita
S - 5 prunes
L - romaine lettuce/chicken breast/energy mix/bolt house farms blue cheese dressing
D - bacon pineapple chicken sausage w/steamed broccoli, maybe some quinoa
Exercise: riding 21 miles with DH
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 11:58 AM   #158  
Do More than Survive

S/C/G: 285-Heaviest/199/175

Height: 5'7"

everyone!!!!

229.6 this morning. Pretty excited to see that, but with the way my body does weight loss I won't be surprised if I bounce back into the 230s for a few days before settling back down into the 220s. It would be amazing if I don't, but I won't be upset if I do.

Last night's dinner: in a small casserole dish - one layer of zucchini slices (about 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick), sliced fresh mushrooms, part skim mozzarella cheese, pizza sauce then another layer of zucchini, pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese. Baked for about 30 minutes at 350 (covered for 20 minutes and then 10 minutes uncovered). I used one zucchini. Amazing! I could have eaten it all, but saved half for dinner tonight. I think I'll add a salad to go with it tonight.

Syckgirlsfv - "coffee is always assumed " Too funny!

Ian - I think you are doing great! You're dedication is impressive.

Lisa_C - congrats on avoiding the Mountain Dew! I know how hard it can be to give up pop.

Eydawn - congrats on the new position and improving your time!

Diana - You are amazing! So glad I'm back and get to see your dedication and encouragement every day!

- RetroRabbit, kelijpa, novangel, magistra17, CoolMom, Golda -

I hope I haven't missed anyone! Have a good day!
MadeToThrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:33 PM   #159  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Thanks everyone for the support.

So stand aside ladies and watch a pro-loser in action!

If I hit 160 you will get before and after topless pics.

Anyway, I started my intermittant fasting today which meant a light lunch.

Tomorrow will be a normal lunch and so on.

Today is off to a good start. Down 2.4lbs to 181lbs.

For breakfast, I had sardines, anchovies and smoked mussels.

For lunch I had smoked oysters and a salad.

For exercise, I did 60 minutes boxing before work, ran 5 miles before lunch and will do 60 minutes weight training after work.

I have drinks for a friend's birthday tonight so will need to sleep late tomorrow (so doing weights tonight instead of the morning). I should be fine as long as I drink and do not eat.

I am looking for another loss tomorrow. I'm thinking 170s again.

Last edited by IanG; 04-14-2015 at 01:42 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 02:36 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 1/1/18/ 202/169/126

Height: 5'3 3/4"

Ian -
I'm so glad I'm not the only one going through this. While you were gone, I read your green tea experiment. What's the bottomline - did it help you with fat loss? Because I started drinking more green tea because of your experiment.
Yes or no, I gotta know.

I've stayed exactly the same for months and months and months now. I've switched everything up and thrown everything against the wall to see what sticks. I have come to the same conclusion, Ian. I was eating too much KerryGold Butter and other good dietary fats. I was fat adapted but it was just sticking to my ribs. I've really nipped eating so many fats in the bud.

I was drinking BPC every morning. Soooo good. Now, I'm drinking it black. Barf. I can tell things are better. I've upped my protein and cut back on fats and increased green vegetables. I'm still the same but feeling better.

Made to Thrive - cheer up, you miss your grandkids.

Diana - a hypnotist is coming to town, he comes all of the time. Have you ever tried that? Anyone? Have you ever went for the smoking/weight loss combo dealio? I've never smoked but it is a little enticing. However, if he keeps coming back and all of those peoples are doing a refresher...hellooooo.
There's some irony in that.

Okay. I'm here. I'm reading and tweaking. I've upped green tea and reduced fats. I'm not giving up or throwing the towel in.

Last edited by Mossy; 04-14-2015 at 02:39 PM.
Mossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 03:28 PM   #161  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Wow, lots of people checking in. Good to read everyone's updates.

B egg on toast
L soup
D veg and chicken sausage

Diana, the yoga for inflexible people sounds like what I need!

Madetothrive, congrats on the new decade. Before you know it, your new low will be your new high.

Kelijpa, good job resisting the sandwich. I've been wanting sushi again or a big ol' crusty bread whatever. Ha! Gotta keep eating my usual to stay the course.

Last edited by CoolMom75; 04-14-2015 at 03:34 PM.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 09:37 PM   #162  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day. I have an appointment with a sales rep about our advertising and I have a hair appointment. I really doubt that I am going to be able to get a workout in.

I tried really hard to get a workout in today, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be. I came back to work to do my workout since DH wanted to finish diagnosing a truck. I was 10 minutes into the Daniel Plan cardio workout when DH asked to get on the computer to look up something for his diagnosis. I grabbed my jump rope and proceeded to go out back to jump rope. Cody kept jumping at me and "rolling" the ball toward me. I ended up hitting him in the head with the jump rope a couple of times. I realized that I wasn't going to be able to jump rope, so I grabbed the tennis ball launcher and played with Cody.

I had more drama with the stolen truck today. It appears the insurance company is going to pay for the truck but the customer is not happy with what they are going to pay him. He says that he paid more than that for the truck. Just because he paid more doesn't mean that's what it's worth now. He doesn't understand that and mentioned about seeking legal counsel. I'm not sure if getting a lawyer will make much difference for him.

We really need to find a way to retire.

Kelijpa It sounds like several of us has hit a bump in the road. It's great that we are continuing the work. It is a lifestyle, not a temporary quick fix. Although, I am all for a quick fix.

Novangel Good luck with Jillian. She has a new beginner program. Keep that in mind if the one you have is too much for right now.

Eydawn Hi, it's good to see you. Check in when you can.

RetroRabbit Glad to hear an update and you are doing well.

Syckgirlfv
I hear you on the coffee. Good job on your day.

Kris Congrats on the new decade.

Ian Great job on the new start!

Mossy I have never been to a hypnotist. Do you know people who have had success with it? Are you going to try it? I am still working on the brainwashing. I think the brainwashing is helping a little.

CoolMom Ha! I think I had the wrong DVD the way she had me twisting around last night. I enjoy twisty type yoga. How did your dog react when you got back home?

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!
Old 04-14-2015, 09:40 PM   #163  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1485 calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Mediterranean Blend Veggies or Zucchini w/Tri Pepper Blend
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow white cheddar cheese 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 calories)
2 Grilled chicken tacos w/sauce 700 calories

Exercise:
None

Last edited by Diana3271; 04-14-2015 at 09:40 PM.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:05 PM   #164  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Diana so funny about hitting Cody in the head with the jump rope! LOL I meant to answer you about my dad before, but I hadn't talked to him until this afternoon...they found 2 different kinds of cancer in his bladder, which is unusual. One of them is usually related to colon cancer, so they are doing a colonoscopy next week. He starts treatment next month once a week for 6 weeks. But he says he feels fine. I guess we have to see what happens.

Just came home from a 21 mile bike ride with DH - 1200 calories. Time to cook some chicken sausage and quinoa, and here's to hoping I have enough broccoli left to steam and that it's still good!
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 11:35 PM   #165  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Syckgirl, sending good thoughts for your dad. That sounds scary! Hopefully treatment will nip it quickly.

Diana, my dog acted like he was never gone! Although, I wasn't the one to pick him up so maybe he was more excited then. He resumed his role as my little shadow and is once again gaurding me while I pee.
I also meant to tell you my friend in Japan never said anything about the weightloss, which is polite but she did take me to a communal bath house and I was sure glad to be smaller for it. The water is from a natural hot spring and was a lot hotter than I expected. Almost too hot for me.
Sorry about the stolen truck drama. Isn't that always the case when insurance pays for a vehicle? Never enough to really replace it the way it was.

Day 5 back on plan and going well. I put on my smaller jeans out of the dryer from before vacation with no problem, so I must not have done too much damage. I hope all is well with Flower, if you're still lurking once in a while.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote