Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 11:38 PM   #181  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syckgirlsfv View Post
novangel does high cholesterol run in your family? Mine was 236 a few years ago, and then it was 199 when I began counting it every day. Funny thing is, it was 207 last year and doc wanted it lower, and when I got my blood done after that it was 186 without me even trying. Last month it was 208, but the doc said it was fine since the good cholesterol was the high number. I have no idea why it went down to 186, though. Whatever. High cholesterol runs in my family, though.
208 is fine if your good is high.

It does run in my family but even though my good cholesterol is high my overall number is way too high since forever. Averages 230-270. We'll find out what it is now in a few days but I'm sure it's still high. I'd be shocked if it wasn't.

Diana , EKG was fine and he said not to worry about the PVC'S. So that's good.

4 miles tonight.
Old 03-11-2015, 01:25 AM   #182  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

Exercise: 60 crunches, 45 minute walk with a few sprints.

B: PBJ toast.
L: Lentil BBQ with mixed veggies and some meatloaf. And a clementine.
S: Almond cranberry biscotti.
D: Ravioli in tomato sauce with peas, clementine for dessert.

---

Diana: You always have such varied workouts. Do you do videos, online stuff, classes?
Old 03-11-2015, 07:56 AM   #183  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Today is my Dr. appointment to see about my labs. My CPA called yesterday and our corporate and personal taxes are ready. I will need to go to her office for that. So, it will be another busy day running everywhere. DH told me I should have taken the week off since I have spent more time away from the office than in it. I told him, hmm, I can arrange that, if you would like. He said "just kidding". Ha Ha That's what I thought.

Last night I added on:
Bed Top Yoga
Meditation for Relaxation & Wellness

This Morning: Oxycise Level 1 workout

Calories for yesterday: 1485 +
Weigh In: 172.8
Down: .4

Novangel That's good news about those tests. I wonder if the Dr. would consider trying Omega 3's (fish oil) before trying statins?

Penny Great job on your fitness activities. I workout with videos. We won't talk about how many I have. Totally embarrassing. I have such a huge variety, there is really no excuse for me not getting a workout in.

Have a great day!
Old 03-11-2015, 10:09 AM   #184  

S/C/G: 175/235/165

Height: 5'3"

Default first check in

After reading the post I realized I need to be serious about what I'm eating. so today will be the start of taking walking and healthy eating seriously. I wear a fitbit and like to see 10000 steps but will up that. no more white carbs for 1 week and veggies at every meal. I really would like to get fit enough to do a crossfit class. This is my plan for the week and goals for the future. glad I found this place
Old 03-11-2015, 12:09 PM   #185  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

quick post - been so busy!

walked just under 3 miles yesterday - not great but at least something. DH made mac and cheese w/ground beef yesterday, so we had that with steamed organic broccoli for dinner

B - belvita
L - deli turkey slices on sandwich thin w/chipotle just mayo and lite swiss
S - leftover steamed broccoli
D - we are going to use a groupon that is expiring - Sapporo Ramen and Shabu Shabu

I have an online quiz to do for Econ today, need to finish writing book review for same class, and then I have an accounting final Monday and the Econ final is a week from Saturday.

Last edited by Syckgirlsfv; 03-11-2015 at 12:10 PM.
Old 03-11-2015, 02:22 PM   #186  
I am losing it!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/195

Height: 6.1

Happy Wednesday to everyone!

B- Coffee, cream, sugar, strawberry smoothie, bowl of veggie stirfry
D- Salad, bowl veggie stirfry, (NO COOKIES, YAY!!)
= 1200 calories

E- long walk
W- 236
Old 03-11-2015, 03:17 PM   #187  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Up 1lb today to 175.6lbs

Breakfast was sardines, smoked kippers and smoked oysters.

Lunch was fish.

For exercise, I did 60 minutes weight training before work and ran 5 miles before lunch.

I feel like a racehorse locked in a barn. 5 miles is becoming the new 4 for me.
Old 03-11-2015, 03:55 PM   #188  

S/C/G: 1/1/18/ 202/169/126

Height: 5'3 3/4"

B - Omelette w/broccoli & Bl beans, 1 Morningside soy thingy
L - For Del w/Almased: Gr Yogurt w/Kombucha
D - Smoked turkey, northern beans, coleslaw(homemade smoked turkey in smoker then finished off in oven)
B - Green Tea, 2 cups water before meals (B = beverages)
E - 4 mile hike with doggie

Diana - I'm switching everything up and I found a good article for anyone in a stall. Especially read the answer in yellow at bottom of article...it's about switching everything up because the body gets too good at everything. The body smartens up and resists change, drags it's feet all along the way.

http://paleozonenutrition.com/2013/0...losing-weight/

"You see, your body adapts to whatever you throw at it. And so, when you do “cardio” at the gym, your body adapts… but in the wrong direction.
Cardiovascular endurance exercise “downsizes” your heart. Your output shrinks, and what you get is efficiency. That means you economize your heart’s power so you can go long distances.
The problem is, no one ever stopped to think if training like this – building endurance – was the right thing to do."

"So wrap up: eat root veggies regularly, take adaptogen herbs and switch up her training routine, focus on recovery, recovery, recovery. i know for sure this will help."

"I have been doing Crossfit 3 days in a row for 4 months and have gained weight. My clothes are tight as well. I’ve noticed an increase of fat in my midsection despite doing intense abdominal/core training. This has happened during periods of intense stress. After researching exercise and hypothyroidism, I learned that intense exercise with hypothyroidism can be counterproductive as intense exercise lowers thyroid hormone levels. I will be following a regime similar to the one you described above. "

Last edited by Mossy; 03-11-2015 at 04:08 PM.
Old 03-11-2015, 06:42 PM   #189  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

checking in...

w 157 no change, still 1.2 above my lowest.
B out for breakfast for my birthday boy/; Split a breakfast sandwich, a few bites of cantaloup and hot tea.
D pizza or soup

Diana, I think listening to those could work great for stress, especially if making a choice to rush home to listen before rushing home to relax with food. I have a hard time with them because I want to lay down to listen and am a side sleeper but can't lay comfortably on my side with things in or on my ears, which makes me start to wish it was over soon. I keep meaning to look into those side sleeper headphones, I know they make. I hope the labs turned out okay.

Mossy, good points. My body is taking its sweet time now after 30 days of restricted cals and I know I'm going to have to mix it up again, or at least stay the course and deal with slow results. I hope things start moving again for you soon.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:17 PM   #190  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hello all,

Things going good here, class is good, long days, lots of info, weather is great, even too hot at times, it'll be culture shock again when we go home. We got out for a nice walk tonight.
Probably over on calories, but doing ok.

Hope everyone is doing well, now I'm even further behind, definitely need to catch up

Diana I totally believe in benefits of meditation, helps me stop my mind from spinning out of control especially when I wake up during the night, if I feel even a little rested I start thinking,thinking...really helps me anyway. I'm interested to check out your link.

everyone!

Best to all
Old 03-11-2015, 09:26 PM   #191  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

My thyroid labs were pretty much unchanged. They haven't improved but they are still in the normal range. It's not to the level it was before it all went South, though. The only thing that was off was my glucose. I think the normal range is 72-112, or there about. Mine was 50. I had my usual 3 mugs of coffee w/cream and sugar but no breakfast before the labs. So, she was OK with that. My TTOM is still doing weird things. There is no apparent problem according to the gyno. So the Dr. wants to do the female hormone testing to see where I'm at and to give us a base to go from. I'm glad she wanted to test now. It won't be done until my next labs in Sept.

Staystrong Hi and welcome to the check-in.

Syckgirlsfv Good luck with your quiz. I hope you do well.

Veil Yay, no cookies! I love cookies, so I couldn't even deal with them being in the house.

Ian Good job with your miles.

Mossy It's all very interesting. Are you Hypothyroid?

CoolMom I don't have a MP3 player or anything like that. I was very tempted to buy something so I could download the programs. But I thought about having to use ear buds and I decided against it. I have a portable DVD player and various other DVD players (computer, etc) around. I think the DVD's are best for me. I have to admit something. My mind was going off in a bad direction today. All day long I felt like TTOM was going to start. Hormone City! I knew I was going to be away from work quite a while today. I decided to bring the Weight Loss DVD and play the affirmations in the car with me. It worked! I have to trick myself in all sorts of ways to stay on track. The DVD helped me today.

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening.

Last edited by Diana3271; 03-11-2015 at 09:27 PM.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:29 PM   #192  
Trying to live below 200

kelijpa Hi! It's good to see you check in. I'm glad it's going well. It was a little warm here today, too. But that's better than being cold. I can provide the link again, when you get home. If you need it, just remind me. Have fun!
Old 03-11-2015, 09:36 PM   #193  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1445 calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Mediterranean Blend Veggies or Zucchini w/Tri Pepper Blend
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow white cheddar cheese 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (660 calories)
Minestrone soup 110 calories
pinch off end of breadstick 25 calories
Grilled salmon w/asparagus 500 calories
1 andes mint 25 calories

Exercise:
Project You Fat Burning Long Lean

Last edited by Diana3271; 03-11-2015 at 09:36 PM.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:57 PM   #194  
Warrior Princess

Diana, I took fish oil with omega's for years. He said it's hereditary and no amount of diet and exercise is fixing it. It's been high my entire life. I'm waving the white flag.
Old 03-11-2015, 10:52 PM   #195  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

If you've got the balls novangel forget the omega 3 supplements and eat a can of sardines or salmon every day for a month instead. The fish oil capsules don't give you any way near the full benefits of real fish imo. At least that has been my experience.

But I do concede that the real impact on raising my good cholesterol levels may have been running, which you do.

No more statins for me.

Last edited by IanG; 03-11-2015 at 11:00 PM.
Closed Thread