Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 08:05 AM   #31  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Work, Cleanse, and Rest from Sara Ivanhoe's Taste DVD
This Morning: Oxycise Level 2

Calories for yesterday: 1150 +
Weigh In: 173.8
Down: .8

Have a great day!
Old 03-02-2015, 08:28 AM   #32  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 141/see ticker/no more meds

Height: 5'2"

Good morning!

Thank you so much for the warm welcome! If I ever leave anyone out of my posts, please know it's not intentional at all- my thoughts are with all of you.

Not sure what the rules are for pics, but I am going to try to attach one.

Fluffy- Along with my needy DH, there is a troublesome doxie in the mix.
f9689d4c.jpg
This is Porkchop. He is **** on 4 very tiny feet, lol. His brother is a 105lb chocolate lab.

Nova- I have been taking 5-HTP for about the last month and really like the results. However, it is not a supplement that one is supposed to stay on long term, so I may make the move to what you are taking right now.

Flower- Sometimes I think the only way to survive winter is by throwing in the towel and accepting things are what they are until spring, lol.

Diana- Thank you for starting the thread!

AFM, every Sunday my DD and I go out to eat alone- it's something we've been doing her entire life and diet or not, I have no intention of stopping. Yesterday she chose the Waffle House and the conversation and company are worth every stinking calorie.

So, back to it today. And for me, this just means eating only when I am hungry and stopping when I am full. Once I get that part down, I'll start to tweak.

TTFN!
Old 03-02-2015, 08:45 AM   #33  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quick question about freezing bread. Does sliced bread freeze well? Meaning if you take 2 slices back out, let them thaw to use for a sandwich, does it still taste good? I do this with my Rudi's Flatz and all is well with that. But they are not normally soft, like bread in the first place. I have found some organic whole wheat bread that I like, but I think it would go bad before we use the whole loaf up. Any thoughts?
Old 03-02-2015, 08:52 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 113/see my ticker/95

Height: 174 cm

Thank you flower123. I actually have two sets of twins. My older girls are 3 years and 6 months, and the younger girls are 9 months.

Speak about not having time to excercise....
Old 03-02-2015, 08:53 AM   #35  

Diana, I freeze sliced bread all the time. I have never had issues!
Old 03-02-2015, 09:33 AM   #36  
I am losing it!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/195

Height: 6.1

Good morning all!

Fluffypuppy- Great job fighting that binge! Good luck with your new iPhone journal, food/emotion journals always help me focus in on what my real issues are. You asked how I feel, thanks! I feel scared and delicate and so working out is a challenge. I know its odd for a 6'1 & 239lb gal to feel "delicate" but its really a mindset of fear that I need to conquer.

Welcome ncjane, reillyJ, Solarplant!

Flower123- lol, now I want to go reread everything I've posted and see if I sound like a guy or gal! I guess that's why I chose the name Veil- I hide a lot. So, about that cocoa-- what if when it runs out you don't go buy more? (I can hardly say no to things in front of me but a craving hits and I need to drive to the store and I'm like, nah!) What attack plans do you have?

Diana3271- Yes, bread will freeze. Wrap it up nice and tight because freezer burnt bread is yucky! Or maybe pre-section out your slices in baggies and then every night set out one to thaw. Bread slices sometimes stick together and then hacking at them always makes them crumble. Best of luck! Our favorite baker closed his business so I have 2 loaves left in the freezer- good quality bread does mold easy except for sourdough, in my experience.

Ronja- LIFE sounds like a workout for you right now! That's a lot of young energy in your house! Balancing mommy needs is difficult but important.

--

B- celery, PB, pecans, tea
L- (Party) Salad, potato salad, 1 slice pizza, potato/gravy, 1 piece chicken, coffee, cream, dessert pizza, ice cream, soda
D- 1/2 potato, 1/2 small chicken breast, green beans, butter
Way too much lunch. Deep breath. I need to go for a long walk today.
W- 240
E- walking
Old 03-02-2015, 10:21 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi ladies, I've been MIA for a bit here. I was wondering what your take is on this....I'm stuck. FLAT OUT STUCK. I don't know what to do!

I'll try to keep this short and sweet. I started this journey shortly after my son was born, so it's been about 15 months. After I had him I was 200 pounds, which is my highest non-pregnant weight ever. Like many postpartum moms I lost a decent amount of weight in a relatively short time, which put me at 180. A victory no less, but I have basically stayed the same since then (about a year, maybe a little longer).

I know HOW to lose weight. I've done it before. Before my kids a few years ago, I was in fantastic shape and a svelte 136 pounds! A very simplified breakdown -- burn more calories than you eat. Got it. I'm doing that. I eat roughly 1200-1600 calories a day, exercise (mostly low intensity due knee issues, like walking or Pilates). I eat pretty dang clean. Lean protein, plenty of fruit and veggies (mostly organic too). I watch portion sizes, sugar and salt intake. I have severely restricted my intake of processed foods (even those wonderful 90 calorie Fiber One bars that I loved so much). If I eat it, it's raw or I'm preparing it. I have been especially strict about the "no processed food" and organic aspect in the last 3 months. And still, very, very little progress. I'll lose a few pounds and think "Yay!!!" only to find that a few days later I have gained back all or nearly all of what I've lost. Right now, as of this morning I'm at 176. So in a year, 4 pounds....... I feel like I'm doing everything right. I think. That's where you come in -- maybe I'm missing something???? During this time I have tweaked my calories thinking maybe I'm eating too much, not enough, maybe I need to do lower carb, maybe not enough, drink more water, you name it.

My last resort at this point is going to talk to my primary care doc. The only thing I can think of (and like I said, maybe I'm missing something) is that I'm doing it right, maybe I have a hormonal imbalance or low thyroid or something else that could be the cause of my lack of success.

Here is a typical day for me:

B - 1 organic egg, handful of organic spinach, feta omelet with strawberries or a banana, 1 c. organic milk
S - raw organic apple, almond butter or PB
L - usually a salad of some sort (I do not add cheese, and use very little dressing)
D - grilled bruschetta chicken (basil, tomato, garlic), grilled asparagus

+ 80-120 oz water

Any help or suggestions you might have would be greatly appreciated. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I feel like with what I've been eating in 12 months I should have easily been able to lose 30-40 pounds, which would put me in a much healthier weight range. Another reason I am concerned about this is because I carry the majority of this additional weight in my tummy area, which we all know is just not healthy, and puts me at risk for all kinds of junk I just don't want.

Thanks for reading.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:04 PM   #38  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

LindseyLou, it could be sleep deprivation. I had the very same problem after my last baby and kept trying and giving up because the progress was too slow. Finally when she hit 2 and started sleeping longer stretches, I noticed the weight would budge. But it still moves down crazy slow. Keep tweaking your game plan until you find what works. I did some intermittent fasting and now reduced calories even lower than I would have expected. You just have to find what works for you.

Ian, safe travels!

Fluffy, excellent that you overcame the binge!

Ronja, wowzers! I had a friend with two sets of twins, all boys. Welcome to the thread.

Flower, we leave on the 23rd. Can't wait!

Momwithdogs, the weekly meal out with your daughter sounds so nice. What a special memory that will be for her. How funny that you actually have a doxie after a post about thinking the DH was a doxie in your tag line. Pic is tiny but ai bet he's cute.

Diana, I agree the freezing should be fine. Troublesome to break off a slice sometimes but a butterknife wedged in should pop it free.

Sensual, I hope today is easier for you.

Solarplant, good job on the 10k and the two miles. You are motivated!

Penny, welcome to the thread!

W 157
B egg on toast
L maybe a sandwich
D making a soup

Last edited by CoolMom75; 03-02-2015 at 12:14 PM.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:11 PM   #39  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReillyJ View Post
i don't post on this thread often but need prayers and good thoughts my way.

Been in maintenance at least 2 yrs now and doctor put me on Zoloft--i am bipolar and also on mood stabilizers for the past 20 yrs but perimenopause has just knocked me on my keester (at least i think that's what's going on) and the anxiety started getting out of control so..
i am PRAYING that the Zoloft really puts me in a good place and especially that i do not gain weight on it, i know it's supposed to be one of those "weight neutral" SSRI's but that's individual.
Hoping the new med helps your anxiety and you can avoid any nasty side effects.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:18 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

CoolMom - Thanks. Wish I could find out what works...it's crazy. The weird thing is my kids both sleep amazing, 12 hours straight thru the night. I am not real stressed either, which I know can slow things down. Just seems crazy that at a YEAR I'm only down 4 pounds.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:59 PM   #41  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hi all,
Still here and hanging in. We had snow all day yesterday, bleh. Waiting for some stuff to download for my class next week, taking forever...
Trying hard to stay positive, on a good note, my neck ache seems to be gone, happy about that.

Diana I've never had issue with taking bread out of the freezer, sliced or not sliced.

W-169.7 down from the dreaded 170.5 yesterday.
B- scrambled egg w/laughing cow Swiss
L-5 bean salad, marinated mushrooms, olives
D-hamburger, corn, rice, I think
S-orange, banana, m&m's
E- shovel snow, maybe ex. Bike

Have to do some reading to catch up
waving Hi all around!!

Best to all
Old 03-02-2015, 03:51 PM   #42  

Today, I did well, with one exception.
B: smoothie (1/2 banana, apple, pear)
S: raw almonds and three dates
L: steamed vegetable, fresh salad, handful of almonds.
Chocolate bar (small, but still...should have had skipped that one!)
S: 1 cup buttermilk
D: tuna salad, almonds, hanful of raisins
Old 03-02-2015, 06:34 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 276/228/170

Height: 5'9"

I have been off track with exercising over the past few weeks, so I'm going to try to be accountable with that here. Today I went to the gym, and walked and was on the stationary bike. Usually I do a bit more, but an old knee injury was flaring up and I wanted to make sure I didn't overextend it and wind up back in physical therapy. Still, it felt pretty good just to be at the gym, again!
Old 03-02-2015, 08:09 PM   #44  

Hi All. I hope you have been having a good day.

Solarplant just realized I did not say hello, welcome and good to meet you. a flower should not ever overlook a solarplant. Sorry about that Looks like you are approaching losing weight in a great way.

Ronja, why did you not use the username "superwoman"? 2 sets of twins under the age of 4? That is awesome. Lots of love and lots of work.

Diana yay re the loss !

Veil, good thought re the cocoa powder. Not getting more. The addiction is so strong that in this particular case it doesnt work. Usually that's the tactic I use... for other foods.

LindsyLou, I had that same prob. I was having a terrible time losing. I can tell you my expereience. But of course its only mine. I went to a natural practitoner who diagnosed by muscle testing. She found that cortisol level was high and thyroid was hypo. (TSH and T3&T4) Nothing extreme at all. But enough to make weight loss difficult. These issues were addressed. It made all the difference in the world. I don't know if this is the case for you or anyone else. But it sure was true for me. I ended up with a waistline once again and more energy. Still I take something for cortisol as well as general thyroid function.

Another thought is to try to not combine carbs and fats in the same meal. But really that's pretty extreme. I lost a ton when I was eating low carb and low calorie combined. But I was already taking these supplements for the thyroid. ( all natural). Just read what CoolMom said about sleep deprivation. Yes.

Coolmom how exciting re: the 23rd. What a great adventure it will be.

Kelijpa, glad your neck pain is gone. Sorry about that snow. Recent storms seem to be slamming the area you and Ian live.

Cornucopia of love, hi from another Vermonter Sorry about that knee injury. But seems you are dedicated to exercise. Good for you. Hope you will be careful of that knee.

Hi everyone else . I hope you are having a good day.

today I was good. I didnt go off the diet. Same cocoa situation. Tried to make another concoction lower in cocoa and calories. But honestly it doesnt taste great.

I am hoping tomorrow I can be back down to my January default (which is 5 lbs higher than my previous maintenence weight). Still technically in maintenence though. Someone wants to buy me lunch. I am waiting until at least tomorrow. Depending on what the scale says. Trying to not let this winter gain get too out of hand.

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday.

Last edited by flower123; 03-02-2015 at 08:12 PM.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:51 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 196/196/140

Height: 5'5"

Thank you for the nice welcomes, you are all so encouraging and supporting!! On plan today!
Looking forward to learning from the great folks in this group.
Closed Thread