March 2015 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! - Page 19 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 08:27 PM   #271  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/184.8/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

I was going to get a salad at Chipolte's tonight. Then, I didn't like the idea of the hot chopped up chicken all over the lettuce. So I decided on the bowl but basically added a lot of lettuce on the top. I liked that much better. I brought my own dressing. The way I did it I was able to have the dressing on the lettuce and not get it on everything else. Sometimes I have my weird moments.

Speaking of weird moments. Does anyone else eat one thing at a time? I didn't do this growing up but started this when I got married. I usually start off with the veggies. If there are multiple veggies I will eat all of one first and then move on to the next. I finish off with protein. I won't take a bite of one thing and then the next, etc. I finish one and move on to the next. A lot of times, when we are eating out, the server will ask if there is something wrong with the last item on the plate, etc.

Total Approx 1485 calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Mediterranean Blend Veggies or Zucchini w/Tri Pepper Blend
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow white cheddar cheese 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 calories)
Chipotle salad/bowl w/double chicken, black beans, lettuce, cheese and Bolthouse ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
KCM Train Like A Contender w/gloves
Old 03-16-2015, 09:02 PM   #272  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/145.3/145

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hey all,
Quick check in, got on the treadmill, walked 10 mins. Jogged 30, walked 20. Proud of that.

Veil
Old 03-16-2015, 09:22 PM   #273  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Speaking of weird moments. Does anyone else eat one thing at a time? I didn't do this growing up but started this when I got married. I usually start off with the veggies. If there are multiple veggies I will eat all of one first and then move on to the next. I finish off with protein. I won't take a bite of one thing and then the next, etc. I finish one and move on to the next. A lot of times, when we are eating out, the server will ask if there is something wrong with the last item on the plate, etc.
[email protected] me! Yes, I do! Every day at lunch I use chopsticks to eat all the veg first. I then change to a fork and eat the nuts and dried fruit and fish. Then the quails eggs. Then the squid. Then the mussels. Then the smoked oysters. Then the chocolate covered fig. I start with the least yummy and work to the most yummy. It's like I want to savor the most tasty stuff without having it diluted by the other stuff on my plate.

I am thinking this must be a diet thing. And perhaps a symptom of an eating disorder that, I think, has to go somewhat hand-in-hand with any diet. I have other mild symptoms of ED that I never had before I started my diet. But I choose to live with them.

For example, I think about food often. I also stock a lot of food. etc. etc. Not healthy. But healthier than being 281lbs.

Last edited by IanG; 03-16-2015 at 09:28 PM.
Old 03-16-2015, 10:15 PM   #274  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

S/C/G: +24/+12.6/0

Diana, Ian, I have to give equal love to all of my foods with a bite of this then a bite or two of that. Most of my foods are already layered or mixed into a single food item, like my egg on toast, with everything piled on top. different strokes...

I'm hungry tonight! All of my meals are consumed and I'm wishing I could have alcohol or a heavy plate of nachos...I mean both. hormones!

NSV, I bought a new pair of sunglasses because my old ones keep falling off my face. I also fit into the smaller jeans in the closet only to have the knee blow out with my first wear. They were thrift store jeans.

Nice job on the exercise, kelijpa!

Last edited by CoolMom75; 03-16-2015 at 10:17 PM.
Old 03-16-2015, 11:32 PM   #275  

S/C/G: 174/145.6/130-117

Height: 5feet1

Veil--so sorry to hear you are at such a precipice. I hope things turn around, though one never knows what that will look like. Just better things. Better times.

Have been doing a lot of journaling and trying to figure out where I am stuck. Have been around my magic number of 144 for six weeks. It's not a plateau, I have been eating back up every time I get below. I don't know what I weigh today cuz my scale was being strange. Bought a new battery today but I only replaced it a month ago. Will see if it behaves in the morning.

Habits I am trying to get into:
1.Calculating day's total calories after a given food before I eat it so I can better decide whether or not I truly should eat it
2.Checking into my journal before eating
3.Journaling every night, especially when things have not gone well so I can analyse it
4.Recognizing "back door" thoughts that try to justify overeating or binging

I feel like I am working harder than I ever did for the first thirty pounds. Every pound is a fight.

Today I am at my parents and at 1095 cals at 11:30pm which is pretty great for a day here. I even poured a bowl of munchies then put them back. Danger hour yet to come though.
Old 03-16-2015, 11:34 PM   #276  
Warrior Princess

I like food mixed up. Some combos are heavenly.

I think tomorrow I need to take a rest day, my legs are aching pretty bad from that outdoor run. Most was uphill and I used muscles that have been hibernating all winter. I ran the treadmill today and it was uncomfortable. I'll play it by ear.

Not much else to report which is a good thing. Hopefully life is quiet for a while.
Old 03-17-2015, 01:44 AM   #277  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

E: 60 crunches (some were reverse crunches, which is new), 30 minutes Pilates.
B: Some juice.
L: Corned beef on toast with a couple tiny potatoes and some cooked carrots, and a tablespoon of spreadable cheese (not the kind in the can).
S: An orange blended with a cup of vanilla soy milk (tastes delicious!).
D: Chow mein with 2 cups veggies, 1 Cadbury egg for dessert.

I've noticed that I sometimes without meaning to develop a mindset that makes me think if I'm not hungry during the day, I can't be losing weight. Right now my calories are satisfying me just right so I'm not hungry throughout the day. For some reason, that makes me feel uneasy. No idea why I do this - I've never even tried to lose weight through starvation. Media influence? Anyway, I'm trying to head that off at the pass.

---

Diana: I don't know that I'm actually more in tune with my body, though that would be nice for once.
It seems like your angioedema might kind of throws everything off - daily weight is basically all water fluctuations. That must get frustrating. Although you appear to deal with it well and sanely!

Veil: I'm sorry things are rough right now.

Flower: Sorry, I don't know any programs other than OA. I actually have wanted to join OA, but it's too religious for me. I've been looking for an alternative for quite a while with no success. If you find one, let me know.
Old 03-17-2015, 05:31 AM   #278  

Good morning everyone !
I had a lot of personals written. Then my email crashed and I lost everything I had open when I had to uncrash it. I am going to write again.

Veil, I am sorry things were so challenging for you. But I commend you for being accountable and writing everything down. I probably should do that as well. Sorry things are challenging right now with DH. I wish I could give you one of these I hope maybe things can be helped with counseling. thanks for the suggestion. I actually already did a search at 3FC. I searched food addiction. But maybe I should continue my search here. As you said, just the word "addiction".

Momwithdogs, thanks. I checked out that website. I created an account there. Tomorrow when I am more awake I will go there and look around. Thanks again ! I hope you have a great time at the Mall of America. Hope the food issue stays calm and manageable.

Coomom, I SO commend your commitment to losing weight. While the family is eating fattening food you are staying on your food plan. I tend to eat the same thing every day. It makes it simpler for me. Sorry about the knee situation in your jeans. It actually is a fashion thing though. Some people like ripped knees.

Made To Thrive Glad you are back. And nice to meet you. I know all too well what a slippery slope this weight situation can be. Lucky you, that you have grandchildren!

Eydawn, I am so sorry you had that reaction to the St Patrick's Day food. "Pink Salt" aka sodium nitrate, can be tough on the body. Glad there were lots of EMTs there to help. But you did run that 5K. Congratulations ! thanks for the carob idea. I am not a big fan. And its much higher in carbs than cocoa. So I will leave my bag of carob in the cabinet I decided on a new plan. I have tried it before. But this time there is a medically based incentive to no longer have copious amount of cocoa.

Diana: Thanks for the laugh " So, it's turkeys - 3 DH and hunters 0"
Thank you for your words. I appreciate them. I just bought 6 cans of cocoa powder from the chocolate factory. They were on sale for 10 dollars each. ( expensive place). It is not the kind of place where I can return them. So I will have enough cocoa powder to last a couple of years. I plan to have one cup a day using that cocoa powder. So, it appears I am all set for a couple of years re: eating each thing separate from the other, do you save best for last? Is protein your fav?

Kelijpa, you rocked that treadmill. I am impressed

Ian, thank you for the great idea of using chopsticks. I am going to do that. Hopefully it will force me to eat more slowly. And it does fit the motif of my salad which has Asian dressing. I hope you are doing okay

Fluffy, I hope this situation you have been in for a while can shift once spring comes. I know you work so hard at it. You are very dedicated. And I also know all too well "he who shall not be named" ( whispering "the food monster").

Novangel, glad things are quiet for you these days. I hope that lasts for many months to come.

PennyB, Momwithdogs posted a website that I just joined. So maybe you can take a look at that. I would re paste the link, but its on the previous page. And I think I might lose what I wrote if I ventured back in 3FC time to the previous page.

Okay, so today I had coffee with no acid, no caffeine and very low on flavor. That will be my new hot drink. I cannot drink as much of it because I honestly cannot afford it. Because it is low on flavor I am adding to it a tiny amount of black cocoa powder ( powerful stuff), my home brewed vanilla extract and 3 calories worth of toasted sesame oil. I am also using a smaller cup. It is far from delicious. But it is better than the other alternatives. I plan to have 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder a day. One cup of hot chocolate in the morning. And then the other 2 tablespoons divided up in the coffee throughout the day and night.

I was so lost without my hot chocolate today that I went out and bought popchips and ate them with cheese. The scale was totally rude tonight. It is so intolerant

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday !!

Last edited by flower123; 03-17-2015 at 05:32 AM.
Old 03-17-2015, 08:17 AM   #279  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/184.8/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Last night I added on:
Gentle Wake Up from AM PM Yoga for Beginners <--There was nothing in this one to "wake" you. I omitted the meditation at the end since I was doing my regular meditation next.
A Meditation for Relaxation & Wellness

This Morning: Oxycise Level 1 Workout

Calories for yesterday: 1485 +
Weigh In: 172.4 (TTOM)
Up: .4

So far, I am up 1.4 pounds due to TTOM.

Have a great day!
Old 03-17-2015, 09:32 AM   #280  
Warrior Princess

Running is not happening today. I think I pinched a nerve in my left leg. :/

Oh well, off to work. I don't want to go today.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:22 AM   #281  
I am losing it!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/195

Height: 6.1

Thank you so much for all the support.
I have no clue where things are going but I am open to growth and clarity. Fasting brought up a few things I really need to dig in and work on emotionally and mentally. I have been in therapy for years- abuse in childhood and numerous issues sent me in for help in 2008. I have an amazing therapist that cheers me on and points out so many things. God bless therapists!!

Done with fasting for now. TOM
B- Pancake, butter, strawberry smoothie, green tea & cream, left over stir fry veggies
L- Cucumber, feta, tomato, parsley with a big bowl of left over pasta
S- apple pie & ice cream
D- bowl of pasta
S- an orange
W-236
E- Opened all the windows and cleaned house all day- I got sweaty so I am counting it as a work out! Ha!
Old 03-17-2015, 11:04 AM   #282  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Up 0.6lbs to 177.6lbs. I think it is DOMS from the run.

For breakfast, I had sardines, mackeral and smoked oysters.

For lunch I will have fish and salad.

For exercise, I did 60 minutes boxing before work and will run 4-5 miles before lunch.
Old 03-17-2015, 11:21 AM   #283  
Do More than Survive

S/C/G: 285-Heaviest/199/175

Height: 5'7"

Morning all! My first full day back with 3FC Accountability and I left my lunch and my dinner at home. Ugh! I had a protein drink for breakfast (coffee, coconut oil and chocolate protein powder). Not sure what I'll do for lunch (and dinner since I have a meeting after work and won't get home until about 10 pm).

I've been reading and trying to get to know those that I haven't "met" before and catching up on those I have. I will work on getting more involved. Thank you for welcoming me back with my fresh start . . . I knew you would! Best support group ever!
Old 03-17-2015, 11:28 AM   #284  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

ugh, I have gotten behind again! I had a final yesterday, and my laptop is now in being fixed, finally!

Thank you, everyone, for the thoughts and prayers for my Dad. He will have a CT scan this week, and then I think surgery is next to remove the tumors. I'm not sure what stage it is, but the doc said it's maybe been there a year. So I 'm thinking not too terrible? They will biopsy, of course. He sounds good, and hopeful. He is 74 and he does live close by. He's in Huntington Beach, where I grew up, about 45 miles south. The doctor says the cause is most likely smoking! He quite smoking 40 years ago, but he smoked for 20 years before that.

I think I did well on my final last night

B - belvita
L - romaine lettuce/energy nut mix/canned chicken breast w/lite caesar
S - organic strawberries
D - not sure. Need to talk to DH

We are going to ride at least 20 miles tonight after work. It's been in the 90's all week and we've had to use the A/C!

I'm holding so much water, too, right now. Like 5 pounds! It's already starting to come off... *sigh* water weight is evil.
Old 03-17-2015, 01:21 PM   #285  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

S/C/G: +24/+12.6/0

Mornin'

W 154.4 (up .4)
B egg on toast, decaf w milk
L last of the soup
D last of my roasted veg and a chicken sausage

I ordered some super light, warm jackets for our trip and laughed when the first package arrived. Light as a feather! And they smoosh down tiny for packing. Now I feel better. A t-shirt and yhe jacket should be enough for us.

Now cleaning the house top to bottom.
Closed Thread