Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 09:01 PM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thumbs up March 2015 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

Hello Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great month!

Last edited by Diana3271; 03-31-2015 at 09:11 PM.
Old 02-28-2015, 09:09 PM   #2  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

My name is Ian. I eat fish. Really, a lot of fish.

I run too much.

And weight train.

In my spare time between cooking, eating and working out I have a job.

Which means finding time to go grocery shopping, clean the house, do laundry and put gas in the car is...tough.
Old 02-28-2015, 11:11 PM   #3  

Default Starting Fresh on 3/1!

Hi! I'm new here, even though it says I joined in 2009... I have no recollection of doing so! Anyway, I'm just getting started at 225 pounds and 5'7". In 2011, I lost weight from 235 to 155, but after maintaining for about six months I started the slow and steady (ok maybe quick and terrifying) slide slide back up to where I am today. I've tried some crazy diets over the last 2 years trying to crash my way back down to a healthy weight and have finally decided to go back to basics - consistent calorie counting. It's how I lost the weight last time, so I know it works when I work at it. Back then I participated in a work program for accountability and it really helped, so I'm here to hopefully get the same type of support. Thanks for listening!! :-)
Old 02-28-2015, 11:35 PM   #4  
Warrior Princess

March, eh? Alright.

Portion control, healthy choices, limiting coffee to occasional decaf, lots of running, peppermint tea, did I mention lots of running? Been hitting the gym 5-6 days a week since December.

I tried pure coconut water from Thailand for the first time today. Interesting and not what I had expected.

Flower, I'm taking 100mgs daily of Phosphatidyl Serine. I can't even pronounce it. Diana, I'm only on day 2 so can't report anything yet but I'm praying it helps in more ways than one...if it helps me lose belly fat then that's only an added bonus. For those wondering this is NOT a diet pill, it's to lower cortisol levels in your body for those that have high stress. Stress causes high cortisol which produces too much epinephrine (anxiety) and our "primitive" brain doesn't know what's going on so it starts storing fat in our midsection thinking that we are having a famine. I have a lot of stress so my Psych suggested this suppliment in conjunction with my prescribed meds.
Old 02-28-2015, 11:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 174/145.6/130-117

Height: 5feet1

Well I don't know what I weigh cuz my scale battery died (I think, unless the scale is kaput) but I have a new one ready for tomorrow morning. I am expecting round about 145 which would mean no loss in February. March will be better!

I didn't check in for a day and missed a lot!

My concert went great tonight! I don't think I have ever played the rep so well! I'm really happy.

Novangel--I take a beta blocker for anxiety. None of the typical "Pam" pills worked for me but this does a great job of blocking the physical symptoms so that I don't get stuck in that feedback loop: I'm anxious so my heart is pounding, my heart is pounding so I'm anxious. I hope it works for you!

Rowan--welcome! You know what works and so you're half way there.

Ian--when do you leave?

Diana--hi! Thanks for all your messages.

Yesterday:850 cals
This morning: broken scale 144.8?
Today:1330 cals high but not out of control
Old 03-01-2015, 06:26 AM   #6  

Happy March Thread everyone. I hope its a great month

Rowan. Good to meet you. Glad you are here. I think this is a great thread/community. Together we get it done. At our own pace. I know you can do it. One good thing is that you did not gain back more than you originally lost. So thats the good news.

Diana, I hope you have a relaxing Sunday. And you can chill out before you start a new week. Your description of the syrup smell wafting through the air at the waffle house reminded me of something I saw on TV. Bobby Flay was cooking waffles or something like that. His syrup was cooked maple syrup with heavy cream. Imagine it. Or not.

Novangel Thanks for the info re the supplement for cortisol. I REALLY hope it helps you with the cortisol.

The one I take is also for cortisol, T3 and T4 function. I want to ask the naturopath to test if this one you are talking about would help me as well.

Kalijpa, awesome that you can get the massages.

Fluffy, HUGE CONGRATS on the concert. I bet you are a great musician. I hope your scale can be revived. Also, I want to say that its good that you did not gain in Feb. It was a difficult month for you. So I think you did good.

CoolMom, right you are about the egg on top

Saturday the weather was amazing here. Upper 20s and sunny. It felt like spring. I went to costco. Then I went to the co-op and sort of lost control around the Belgisn chocolate bulk bin. It wasn't calling my name. But I seemed to be calling out to it. The rest would be history. But my hips will be wearing it tomorrow. When the warmer weather comes I will not be able to eat like this. Because there will be no jackets and big sweaters to hide behind.
I hope everyone has an awesome first day of March
Old 03-01-2015, 08:36 AM   #7  
I am losing it!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/195

Height: 6.1

Happy March everyone!

I'm a busy mom of 2 boys, USD student, wife & active community volunteer. I enjoy yoga, walking and working my way back up to running 5 miles. I have bad kidneys (20% function) and that caused (long story) a heart attack on 7-7-14 (I like numbers & those are easy to remember!). I need to keep track of calories because I can easily fall into stress eating and recreational eating. So here I am, March 1st, 239lbs. I was around 265 at my highest. 195 was a great low that I want to arrive at again and maintain.

W-239
E-walk with friend 1.5hrs
B-tea & cream, homemade veggie juice
S- 1/2 pancake, palm full of almonds
L- out w fam @ Arbys: salad-barely any dressing, soda(sips off hubbys),
fries (shared with kids)
D-Salad of cucumber, tomato, feta
S- hand full of cheerios, 2 cookies

This day could have been soooo much worse. I let myself have things.. just not binge. I could have easily eaten that box of cookies, easily devoured 2000 calories at Arbys, and in a flash have eaten two pancakes with all the sides. (Butter is my lover!!) I'm calling it a success!!
Old 03-01-2015, 08:44 AM   #8  
I am losing it!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/195

Height: 6.1

Diana- Thank you for starting up this month! Here we go!

Rowan12- Welcome! This is a great place to be- so much support and understanding!

Novangel- thanks for posting your med, I'm curious & will research that one.

Fluffypuppy- Great job on your concert! No gain is great!!

Ian- Travel safe!

Flower- Yay for 20 degrees feeling like spring! Yay for sun!

Sorry I miss people, I'm trying to catch most!
Ra, ra, ra here we go into March!
Old 03-01-2015, 09:15 AM   #9  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Rowan12 Hi and welcome to the check-in.

Last night I added on: Debbie Siebers Slim and Limber
This morning: Oxycise Level 1

This weekend I have woke early both days. TTOM should be starting any day now. I usually get hormonal insomnia around TTOM. I also have some serious edema going on. At least I'm staying in my calorie range. Otherwise it would be really bad. Hopefully things will calm down soon.

Calories for yesterday: 1400 calories +
Weigh In: 174.6
Up: 1.8 pounds

Have a wonderful day!
Old 03-01-2015, 09:55 AM   #10  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 141/see ticker/no more meds

Height: 5'2"

Good morning!

I stalked last month and finally decided it's time to throw my hat in the ring, lol. Quick intro:

I just turned 42- have an 18yo DD, a 2.5yo DS1 and 6mo DS2. Yes, DH and I were insane when we decided we weren't quite done yet. Come fall, we will be paying both college and preschool tuition.

I developed gestational diabetes and hypertension with both of my boys and my only goal right now is to get off of my BP meds- I figure the weight will follow and right now, my health is my main concern.

Emotional eating is my crutch and I rarely do any form of structured exercise. I use a Fitbit and my current WOE is keeping me steady, but no real gain/loss.

Nice to meet each and every one of you!
Old 03-01-2015, 10:50 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 113/see my ticker/95

Height: 174 cm

Hello! I am (kind of) new here. I would love to join. I have found out that being accountable every-single-day is pretty much the only way to actually ever lose weight and keep it off...

so...I did not start March too well as we were celebrating my father's birthday in a lovely restaurant. I had lean protein and vegetable garnish, I turned down side dish (potatoes) and cake. But, I did have some ice cream. Not too much, not too little. It's not going to cause a weight gain but it's not contributing towards losing it either. Anyhow, tomorrow is a new day. Also, I really want to be able to live somewhat normal life and have ice cream (or a small piece of cake) when I am celebrating. Just as long as it is extraordinary, and I balance it off with a very light dinner. Which is what I'm going to do now. Vegetable salad, and fish. Fish is a way to go

Last edited by Ronja; 03-01-2015 at 10:51 AM.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:17 AM   #12  

Hi everyone! Let's make March Rock! I feel inspired this morning! Yay for spring on the way!

Yesterday: binge
This morning:144.8 exactly the same as Feb 1 so no loss in Feb is confirmed. I'm actually ok with that. As you said, Veil, no gain is good, and Flower, it WAS a hard month.
Today: so far coffee with 3 tbs 5% cream 45 cals

Momwithdogs-- when I read "owner of a needy DH" in my dog focused brain it translated to "owner of a needy Daschund". Lol. Now I get it. I have two 14 yo Poms. No kids. Quite the age gap in your kids! I hope you get the diabetes under control.

Diana--yup TOM blows. Good for you for staying in that calorie limit. How early did you wake up?

Veil--glad you minimized the damage. Sorry to hear about your health problems! That sounds pretty scary. How do you feel?

Flower--omg bulk chocolate and Belgian to boot. Nice weather (or nicer--was around -10 here and felt like a relief!) can be such a boost.

So I was at my parents overnight last night (and staying til Wed) and surprise, surprise...I binged. What I need to do is break through my desire brain with my thinking brain and say no, wait a second, go journal. But it happens so fast. And once I start I think, ****, might as well go all out. I comfort myself about overeating by overeating!
Old 03-01-2015, 11:20 AM   #13  

Welcome Ronja! Ya you have to make room for celebrations and not let dieting take all the joy out of things like that. If you like fish you'll get along really well with our Ian. You'll see what I mean as he posts his daily diet!
Old 03-01-2015, 11:36 AM   #14  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Good morning! Welcome to the new folks.

I'm so excited it's travel month for my family. I have 23 days to shed a little more weight before we leave. Also, my plan was to wait until I hit 150p and reward us with a new mattress to replace our saggy one BUT hubby and I are both waking up with neck, back soreness so the new bed is coming on Tuesday. 7 pounds shy of my goal.

W 157
B egg on toast
L and dinner not sure yet.

Another work day.
Old 03-01-2015, 12:07 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 235/192/140

Height: 5'2"

HELLO MARCH! Good morning everyone!

Diana, Thanks again for starting these wonderful threads. Sorry to hear about your edema flaring up, I also got hit with TOM and it's a bad one, at least we're getting it out of the way, haha.

Sensual Appeal, Thanks

Ian, I've always wondered...how do you prepare your canned fish? I assume it's all ready to eat but do you do anything to spice it up? Have fun traveling.

Rowan, Momwithdogs, and Ronja-

Fluffy- Congrats on the performance, it is great to hear someone say that they are happy and knowing how rough the last month has been for you I hope you feel this way all of March!

Veil, I'm really sorry to hear about your health problems, all excellent reasons to get fit though. It looks like you did a good job of balancing heavy foods with lighter foods. Good luck with your goals!

Coolmom, Yay on a new mattress! And I am going to live vicariously through your trip! Have you been before? What do you have planned?

This month in addition to my usual calorie counting I am getting back on track with exercising and I'm going to try to take three 1 hour walks a week. I am still trying to meet my bday goal of 175 so I need to get in gear. I have a lot of painting to do this week, so I hope this momentum continues.

W- 194.2 (+ 2lb thanks to TOM)
B-One whole egg, one egg white scrambled, I slice toast w/pat of butter +coffee
S- 2 c popcorn , 1 tangerine
L-Berry Spinach Salad + Babybel cheese
S- Not sure yet
D- Salmon and Steamed Carrots
Closed Thread