Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2003, 06:55 AM   #121  
Finally Fit!

Morning Ladies! i'm up early, because I have to take a client to work. I"m covering for comeone else. I can't imagine doing this every day. We're counting the minutes til our vacation. Today,5:01pm, i'm officially on vacation!! We're expecting 3 friends from Missouri on Sat night. THey're driving, and leaivng at 8am Central time. THen, my 2 friends from Rhode Island are driving in, expectede Sunday 1pm. We'll all head to the grocery store, with our agreed upon menu (we're weird like that), and save money by eating in as much as we can. Sunday night, 2 other friends, from here, are meeting us at the Ocean. We're using Dad's condo. FInally,a fter almost 2 years, we gota chance to use it,a nd we're using it big time!

I absolutely love being there, and, although I"ll have access to my cell phone, there's no land line, for good reason. You're supposed to be getting away from it all, not just transferring all your work from home there. SO, total peace.

Today should go by great. Looking forward to tomorrow mornings Yard Sale!! We're gonna go to grandma's house, which is prime yard sale property, and sell some of my 'fat' clothes. Videos, shoes, the whole nine. Doing it with my cousin. SHe's the one that works out with me. It'll be nice.

Then wej've got my grandpa's 90th birthday, and my uncle and aunt, and 3 little princess cousins, will be arriving from CA. I can't belive how packed this weekend will be. Thank God that I love everyone, or I'd drread the whole thing.

Through it all, I vow that I will not screw myself, and eat like a little pigaletta. I will hit the waves, and work myself out in the ocean. I will use my boogie board, and get good and tired, before I lay out for a tan. I vow, that mo matter how tempting it is, I will not say 'ah, just one' to something that I now is terrible for my body. I vow, that I will sleep as much as I can, will drink as much water as I can, and will rmember that the hard work it took to get my body into this shape, is worth keeping it up over my vacation too. Cause I dont wanna come off this vacation, dreading the kind of ***-kicking i'll have to do if I gain some weight. Not the way to return to life.

I feel so bad for those people who have no electricity. What a mess. At least there wasn't terrorism involved, and hte people were pretty ewll-behaved. It's the idopts ya gotta worry about. Looting. that stuff.

well, i'm off. i'll try to check in later, but if you know me, i'll forget, and end up packing last minuted, doing laundry til the last minute, and sitting by the window, til everyone gets here. (drab, i got m period)... doesn't that just bite?
Old 08-15-2003, 09:06 AM   #122  

Svelte,

What great will power you have!! I wish I could say only one could hurt my diet, but, I can't deprive myself that much. Have a great vacation! Soak up some sun for me!

Kempy,

I think I might gain weight if I tried to eat 5 or 6 small meals. I had an eating disorder for almost 10 years, and have been recovered for 3, but, I think my metabolism is still very much messed up. Every time I eat, even small amounts, I feel VERY full, but, still manage to gain rather than lose weight.

Noelle,

Welcome back! I am trying to get to goal, but TOM will be here tomorrow, and we went to Pizza Hut last night, and those brownies are calling my name. It was kinda funny though, I was going to bake those brownies last night, and we lost power about 5 minutes after I thought about it; the power didn't come back on until 1:30 am. Sorry to hear about your car. Are you going to ride motorcycle with your hubby? When I was a kid, I used to ride on my older brothers harley with him. It was sooo much fun. Just ridin' in the wind.

Dips,

I live in New York State. We lost power at 4:15 pm, and it didn't come back on until 1:30 am. It was soooo hot! We live in a mobile home, and without our a/c we would roast! We had all of the windows open, but, there was absolutely no wind! Any other time the wind would be blowing so hard it would blow the hotdogs off the grill, lol.

GEM,

Congrats on the loss! I couldn't do the SB diet, but, I am glad it is working for you.

I was so frustrated this morning! I always set my alarm clock time 10-15 minutes ahead so I know I will have time to do at least 20 minutes of aerobics each morning. Then I do more in the evening after work. However, my husband set the clock when the power came back on, and set it for the exact time, so when I got up at 5:10, it was actually 5:10. I figured it was 5:00, and I would have enough time to get my 2 mile walk in, then get the kiddies up, feed and bathe them, get my shower, then off to work. To my surprise, it was 5:10 am. So, no workout this morning . I didn't have time to eat breakfeast, so I stopped at McDonald's and bought a snack size fruit and yogurt parfait, and omitted the granola.

Hello to CG, Tonya, Emily, Summer, Angie, anyone else I missed!!

Holly
Old 08-15-2003, 09:30 AM   #123  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

GOOD MORNING!!!!

Noelle, Was the woman waiting for you so she could tell you she ran into your car? Hubby got a motorcycle,huh? Arent they cute when they get new toys? I hope this doesnt affect your insurance. Jay just found out that our RV insurance came in higher($100.00 more per year) than they had told us because he was involved in 2 not at fault accidents last year. Now come on, Is it our fault that a 16 year old girl turned in front of him and he couldnt stop and ran into her?????? I do not understand how come we have to pay more because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. WEIRD!!!!

CG, Rebel my JRT is the same way. He will growl at everyone(grown up strangers) but he is awesome with us and the kids and the cats. I know noone would ever take care of him so he is mine for the next 15 years. I could never give him away because he is the most spoiled baby on earth. We have had him since he was old enough to leave his mom and he thinks he is human. He sleeps right between us all night and everything. He is the reason we wanted an RV too. I would never be able to leave him at a kennel so I have to take him if I am to go anywhere.

Dips, Did your dad make it home safe and sound. I saw the news and everyone was just walking home. I would think that would have caused even more of a mess. How are they all going to get their cars when the power comes back on? HAHA I just reread what I wrote and I spelled power pour. I am numb!!!

Chris, HAVE FUN ON VACA!!!!!!!! Enjoy the beach for me too!!!!

Holly, That sucks. Maybe you can get a walk in tonight. I had to get up early and get some baking done since it is Friday so I havent walked yet either. I am going to try to fit one in before lunch and then again tonight.
Old 08-15-2003, 11:55 AM   #124  

This is the only one worth being viewed by others. We have had a few drinks at this point so don't be to critical.
Old 08-15-2003, 02:24 PM   #125  

Here is one of all of the kids. Remeber this is when we first got there so none of us had a tan. The pictures from later on in the week are on my camera. (the non-digital one)
Old 08-15-2003, 02:47 PM   #126  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Nice pics Kempy. Are those all Joe's brothers?

You are looking good girl!!!!! I like your hair pulled back like that.

I cant wait to see a freaking beach!!! It is almost time to close the pool up here. That cant be good. We usually close it after school starts and that is in 11 days. YIKES!!!
Old 08-15-2003, 02:50 PM   #127  

Woo Hoo Kempy!
Old 08-15-2003, 02:53 PM   #128  

They all belong to Joe. All I did was wear my hair back in a ponytail. It was way to hard to wear it down. I was always getting in the water so it would just get messed up anyway.

We are stting up for a big street festival down here right now. We are going to sell smoothies and bottled water. It is kind of like a gallary stroll with parties all down the street. Last year was a riot so I hope this year is good too.
Old 08-15-2003, 03:39 PM   #129  
Finally Fit!

Kempy's a Hottie ... Kepmy's wearing a two piece..!!

Kempy's a beach baby!
Old 08-15-2003, 08:23 PM   #130  
Mommy, wife, teacher

WOW KEMPY!!! You look fantastic!!! You are such an inspiration to me right now. I am so far from my goal. It is very hard to stay motivated. But when I see you looking so great, it gives me hope for the future. Thanks!!!

Holly: Stay strong. Glad your power came back on. I know a lot of people who slept out on their balconies or porches because it was cooler outside than inside.

GEM: You are hysterical!!! I've actually considered doing exactly what you did. My dog pulls so hard on his leash, that I know I would go flying, so, I've never had the courage to go through with it. I'm glad I chickened out! You are so funny!!!

Dips: You've had a real affect on me. I have eaten mostly on program, but have cheated a little here and there. And every time I cheat, I picture you yelling at me! Thanks for coming across in such a strong way. It helps me stay on track. Get some rest, and feel better.

Angie: Different parts of Connecticut are still affected by the black out. By some miracle, my neighborhood was okay. But just down the street there are no street lights and people without power. Oh and I agree, YIKES!!! I am so not ready for school to start!!!!!

Noelle: Thanks for the self-esteem boost. Not to be vain or anything, but when I put the newspaper clipping in her baby scrapbook, I cut off half of my body, so that all you could see of me was my long legs. Of course everybody I know and people I don't know have seen this picture. Even the local radio station was remarking about how cute my daughter looked. Thank God they didn't remark about me. I should use this experience as a way to motivate myself to get thin. Have great fun in Maui!!!

Cosmo: I think I will give those girlie push ups a try. Maybe my boobs won't hang so low anymore!!!

Svelte: Enjoy the ocean, especially the body surfing! Just remember the super tampons and the motrin, and you'll be all set. The same thing happened to me for the first few days of vacation. Have fun!!!

Wow, that was some catching up. For breakfast, I had cantaloupe and toast. Lunch, fat-free hot dogs. Dinner, I had shrimp and tomato sauce over pasta for dinner. Yummy! I could have been more careful with the servings, but all in all, I did better than I've done lately. Have a great weekend everyone.

Summer
Old 08-16-2003, 07:52 PM   #131  
Mommy, wife, teacher

YOO HOO!!! WHERE IS EVERYBODY?!

I logged on this morning, but nobody had been around. So tonite, I logged on again, and there still isn't anybody around!

Is everybody okay?!

Miss you...

Summer
Old 08-17-2003, 08:41 AM   #132  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I'm Here. I have been lurking too. In between bad for me meals that is. I am back today. I slipped yesterday but I am not planning on doing it again today. That is my goal .

Yesterday sucked. We went to look for a new car and the day just gets wasted when we have to do that. We went grocery shopping last night so my one day off is gone. I cant wait until I can take a vacation.

No calls from the shelter saying they found a nice family for Cappie. I thought for sure he would get a new home this weekend. He is so cute!! He went for Meanie twice yesterday. Meanie tried to kick his *** and I think he had it in for him all day because he kept looking at him. I kinda think some of it is play but he is too rough but if there is food around he will bite them.
Old 08-17-2003, 02:46 PM   #133  
Mommy, wife, teacher

Angie: Sorry about your disappointing weekend. I'm guessing that you didn't find a new car yet. The worst part is trying to make the "deal." I hate buying cars. Sorry about Cappie too. Think about it this way...there is probably a special family designed just for Cappie. It is just a matter of finding it. It is better for Cappie to get the perfect home, even if it takes longer than you hoped. Hopefully today is a better day for you.

My eating is off and on right now. There is little time for exercise because I'm trying to get last minute things done around the house as well as prepare for the new school year. I'm going in tomorrow morning to get started. Last year, I started a whole week earlier, but I was opening up a new classroom. This year I'm supposed to be in the same room, so if nothing has changed, the set up will take half the time it did last year. We have dentist appointments, my mammogram, my daughter's haircut, and lots of other things to take care of this coming week along with school and house stuff.

The good news is that my daughter's school is within walking distance. So, on the days that I pick her up from school, I will walk rather than drive. That is one way I can build some exercise naturally into my week. I will be doing the after school program two or three days a week, and will have two faculty meetings a month. Somewhere in there, I'd like to fit in a couple of days at the gym. I will try to begin this routine right away so that it becomes a habit. In January, I will be starting grad school. I hope to attend class only one night per week, but along with that will come homework, plus my job, part time job, and being a mom. So, it is important for me to develop good habits in the fall before January comes to overwhelm me!

Take care everyone...hope you are all having a fun and active weekend!!!

Summer
Old 08-17-2003, 06:03 PM   #134  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Summer, that is a great idea to walk to school. I try to get the kids to walk with me when Jay is sleepy by trying to walk them to school but they are so lazy!!! I usually have to make a deal that I will carry the backpacks or something. haha

I look at it that way to with Cappie. There has to be a perfect family for him even if we arent it. Candi and Rebel are a perfect fit for us so I know somewhere there is someone Cappie would be perfect for. He deserves a great home where he can get more attention. I mean he gets alot here but still not enough for him. He loves to nudge us all day to pat him or he will back into our legs while we are sitting down to get his tummy rubbed. He is a little ham.

Nope, No car yet. I hate it how they try to screw you when you trade in. They actually told us that the Durango with chrome everything and in perfect shape has a trade in value of $5500!!! HUH???? I owe 11,000 and it blue books for 12,000 so where do they figure that? So we are going to keep looking. I let Jay do everything when it comes to this crap because I cant stand salesmen. I am so nice. haha

My kids start school on August 26, that is nice because August 25th is my 13th anniversary so we figure it is our anniversary gift.
Old 08-17-2003, 09:09 PM   #135  
Mommy, wife, teacher

Angie: You are smart to stick by your guns. Whatever the blue book says, you ought to get. I actually started leasing a year and a half ago. It takes me 5 years to pay off a car, and by then, the value has really dropped, the car needs repairs, and I'm ready for a new one. Lease payments are less than when you buy. So for me, it is cheaper. I put less money into a car that I don't plan on keeping for more than 4 years anyway. That is what works for me, and there's no haggling. I donated my old car to MADD, Mothers Against Drunk Driving, and the amount that was tax deductible was the blue book value. It worked out great for me financially, and I also helped out a charitable organization.

Keep your chin up about Cappie. What is meant to be will be.

We saw "Freaky Friday" for the third time today. It is a great kids movie, but enough is enough. I shared a large popcorn, m&m's, and starburst with my daughter!

Tomorrow is my first day back in my classroom. I don't have kids until the 27th, but just being in the building, registering students, and setting up depresses the **** out of me. To me, summer is over.

Now my goal is to behave all school year long, so that by summer 2004, I will be skinny and gorgeous!!!!!

Summer
Closed Thread