Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2003, 03:43 PM   #196  

Hi Everyone! I did not think anyone posted, as I did not get any e-mail responses, much to my surprise, well, I have to catch up now!

: )
Old 08-25-2003, 03:46 PM   #197  
The ever shrinking woman!

Hi ladies, I am popping in for a quick hello, argh I hate mondays, so so busy here today, and I am dragging my feet big time. I just want to go home and put on some comfy boxers and a tanktop and lounge around!

good day to you all!
Old 08-26-2003, 02:06 AM   #198  
No Limit Souljah!!

Just saying a quick hello to all.

I'm very busy these days, I just finished my resume and cover letter and it's looking pretty good if I do say so myself. Hopefully by close of buisiness today I can send it out and land my dream job!

I'm applying to Lifetime Television. If I don't land this job I'm gonna cry But ofcourse I'll keep you all posted. But just to let you all know I am now at 144 pounds and i hope I can make it to the 130's some time soon. I'm gonna kick up my workout a notch to see if I can get better results.

Later for now ladies, wish me luck on all my endeavors

-Dips-
Old 08-26-2003, 08:43 AM   #199  

Hey! My scanner, copier, and printer from DELL came in yesterday. Still don't have the computer yet, but, it's on its way!! Now I have to figure out how to use the scanner. I have never used one before.

Dips,

Good luck with your endeavors! Lifetime TV, wow! I like to watch that station, but, my husband always complains if he's watching as well, lol. You can make it in the 130's!!

Angie,

Thank you VERY much for the encouragement. I know I shouldn't weigh myself daily, but, this morning I weighed in at 149.5! I don't want to jinx myself..but, it was great to see that 4! It has been so long, even though I am only .5 pound from 150. I am trying to look at it that I am 9.5 pounds away from my goal, and am not sure if I will try to go further. I have lower back problems, but, I am hoping that the walking is helping me rather than making things worse. I know you can get back on plan, you are so very close to your goal. Sometimes we have setbacks, and plateaus, but, in the long run, I think they make us stronger.

Happy belated wedding anniversary! Ours is September 4, but only 4 years. We have been together almost 6, but, married for 4.

Tonya,

I hear ya about Mondays! I don't like Wednesdays either, kind of a slump day, stuck right in the middle.

CG,

Hey! How have you been?

Christy,

Hi! Glad to hear you had a great vacation! I think I look different in pictures as well. I wonder if they add 10 pounds like the tv camera? Probably not, lol. I am not one for having my picture taken, but, since having kids, have tried to let people take more so the kids have them in the future.

Kempy,

Hey! What scanner did you order from DELL? We ordered the printer/scanner/copier combo. Try not to get frustrated. I was in a plateau for SO long, and thought I was never going to lose an ounce. I almost gave up. Somehow I kept on going and I am finally starting to lose, slow, but, sure.

Hello to Noelle, Julie, GEM, Summer....hope I didn't miss anyone!

Holly
Old 08-26-2003, 11:45 AM   #200  

Hello....where is everyone?? Out enjoying the weather, I hope!
Old 08-26-2003, 12:03 PM   #201  

Hello I'm here. I was just trying to burn off all the yummy chili I ate last night. I had way to much pasta with it. It just taste so good when you have not had it in awhile. I would like to lose between seven and ten pounds by sept 12th. Do you guys think that is too much in that amount of time? Have a good day! Julie
Old 08-26-2003, 02:29 PM   #202  

Hi guys! my goodness my job blows sometimes

Julie, a good weight loss, a healthy one that is easier to keep off is 1-3 pounds per week. So since I am braindead, I can't add this up right now haha! ... ok I think it's around 9 pounds by the 12th , and that's still very good! I took my weight loss one pound at a time, if one week I only lost 1, well then ****, that was one pound less to lose!

*sigh* I was gonna do personal replies, but work is calling, I feel like an octopus here, they are tugging at me!!!!
Old 08-26-2003, 03:36 PM   #203  

Julie you had chili w/ pasta? I have never had it that way. I am sure it was good though. I love pasta period.

Has this thread slowed down or what? I guess life is just getting a little crazy for some of you. I am starting to run ragged with all of the DU stuff that we are doing. I like it but I am trying to do that and work and so is Joe. For some reason we can't get anyone to help us with anything so everything is on us right now. It is kind of like planning a wedding. Plus, we get to do it again next year.
Old 08-26-2003, 03:56 PM   #204  

Tonya thanks for the reply! Hopefully I can lose the nine pounds by then(my birthday present to myself). Sorry you are having a rough day.
Kempy D sometimes we make soup like chili, but alot of the time we make it and have it on top of spaghetti or angel hair pasta.
I use 1lb ground beef, sm-med onion, canned chopped tomatoes, or we used fresh chopped from my inlaws garden, chopped celery and green pepper, and Williams chili seasoning mix. I cook the meat and veggies add tomatoes and simmer for awhile. Add on top of hot cooked pasta. Then we topped it with shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream. Not really low in fat, but it is a treat once and awhile. Well talk to you guys later! Julie
Old 08-26-2003, 04:22 PM   #205  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I made it here finally. The kids started school today. YEAH!!!!!!! Can ya tell I am a happy mom??!!

Cappie was on tv this morning on the animal adoption segment on the local news. I didnt see it but my daughters friend did and called right after. She said they said he came from a good home but couldnt get along with the cats and that he is sweet. I guess he sat there and nudged the shelter worker to be patted the whole time. He is so sweet. I miss him. It is so quiet around here without him. The cats have taken over the house again though. They are everywhere.
Old 08-26-2003, 04:43 PM   #206  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies, it feels so long since I've been here! "Diet's" not been good...I've got so much going on right now. I just got back from getting a rental car after putting mine in the shop to get that body work done. Too bad peoplecan't go into a body shop and come out a few days later, good as new . The rental stinks like cigarette smoke even though there's a big ole placard that says "no smoking" . I went out and bought an air freshener for the car since I'll have it for about a week. Anyway, so much has been going on! We put in an offer for a house a few doors down from my mom's place. It's really weird because the house is the same floor plan as my moms--except it's totally original--no renovations were ever done. The sellers turned down our offer and instead sold it to a relative for $5500 less than what we had offered. I wasn't that disappointed since we were primarily looking to rent it out as an investment property. But now I've got my eyes out for other homes that I'd actually like to live in. Maybe within the next year we'll have our own place. It's really frustrating because a 3 bedroom house here in a decent neighborhood will not go for less than $295K. Of course the one's I like are topping $400K and up. *sigh* champagne taste on a beer drinkers budget...

Hey welcome Julie! I've not had time to post much lately but I look forward to gettibg to know you better. I love chili spaghetti myself .

Holly, congrats on your new computer set-up! and congrats for hitting the 140's! Were you the one waiting on word for a mortgage loan? Any news?

Hi Dips. I'm sending good vibes : for your job search. I like Lifetime television, sounds like a great job.

Chris your vacation sounded awesome. Your metabolism is fine tuned eh? You earned it baby, use it!

Angie I'm sure you'll encounter more "interesting" people on your future road trips . I can just see your kids rolling on the floor laughing while the guy is having his fit.

Summer, hope your days in the classroom are going well .

CG how are things with you?

Em, welcome back from vacation. 50 lbs in a year is doable. Go get that goal. My goal is to lose 15-20 by November. I've been SOOOOOO bad I need to get back on track. Let's do it!

GEM, hope the SBD is still doing great things for you.

Tonya, I forgot to ask, what kind of work do you do? Are you the "go to" girl? The only one who knows whats really going on? I hate being that person...hope your day gets better.

Kempy what kind of DU stuff are you guys planning? Is this like an annual tourney or competition? Think of all the beautiful labs...how's Echo these days?

Gosh, there's so many on this thread (I love it!) . Hi to anyone else I missed--gotta stop here and get busy with work. I'll check back later. Have a great day.
Old 08-26-2003, 07:14 PM   #207  

ugh, I hate saying what I do because people always frown at bill collectors lol

but I run a collection agency, mostly bounced checks, and open revolving credit accounts, all the legalities involved.. and yeah I know how to do everything in the business, so it's stressful, sometimes it's like 50 questions.
Old 08-26-2003, 08:02 PM   #208  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

a-Ha! A fellow leech, bloodsucker, vampire, etc etc (and a whole bunch of other friendly monikers) . I was a credit and collections manager for a heavy equipment company for 6 years...now all the money I collect is my own! I had to leave that business, it was turning my hair gray .
Old 08-27-2003, 09:04 AM   #209  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning! I had a snack attack last night. I seem to do awesome for a day or two and then I fall off for a week. I need to work on that one. The plan today is to eat low calorie to counter effect last nights munchies.
Old 08-27-2003, 09:15 AM   #210  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Default CAPPIE HAS A HOME!!!!

YEAH!!! I am so happy for him!! He must have been adopted from the tv show yesterday. They emailed me to let me know that he went to a wonderful home so I can stop worrying about him.

That makes me feel so good. He is at home being loved by a new family right now and not in a cage. I miss him but at least now he doesnt have kitties to harass and he can just be himself.
Closed Thread