Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 08:15 AM   #106  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning girls!!! I am in a good mood today because yesterday I got an email from the Humane Society telling me that they had discussed my situation and they are willing to let me keep Cappie and they will post his picture there and let people know about him. The adoption has to go through them which is what I wanted anyway so he gets a good home. Last night he was perfect. He is a weirdo...some days he is full of trouble and others he is a sweet lazy boy. I am going to miss him so much but at least I wont have to bury a cat in 6 months because he pushed his limits to actually biting one I guess.

My PMS hit last night. My nightime munchies included tuna on crackers(about 4) but then I got the bright idea for peanut butter on graham crackers. I had alot of them. I crave peanut butter so bad during my PMS. I wonder why.
Old 08-14-2003, 08:25 AM   #107  
No Limit Souljah!!

Woo Angie, BABY !!

You got it goin' on girl. You go on with your bad self . I definately dig the haircut, you wear it well.

Summer- Hey girl, I'll be watching you!! Make me proud.

Cosmo- Don't buy into the myth of the " Girly Push-up" Weather you do them on your knees or not, you're getting a workout. As a matter of fact, doing them on you knees (keeping the back straight) is better for developing your chest muscles. Doing regular push-ups works the chest, arms and abs, but for you it's all about the bust so do the "girly" ones, you'll be alright

I have to take a nap before I go to the gym today I'll log on later after I work up a good sweat.
Old 08-14-2003, 10:22 AM   #108  
Mommy, wife, teacher

Angie: CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so happy that you can keep Cappie in comfortable, loving surroundings until he gets his new family. It must give you a lot of peace of mind.
There was a tragic incident in my state a day or two ago. A van of homeless dogs travelled from Kentucky to a Connecticut shelter for adoptions. The driver, totally clueless, stopped to visit a friend, leaving the animals in the van in the 90 degree weather. Neighbors called the police when they heard the dogs crying. Ten dogs died. This makes me so ill. I'm so glad that your dog is in your safe and capable hands, and will be until he has a new home. Also, I have to say, when you cheat, you do it with such healthy food. I mean, tuna, peanut butter? Very healthy. You could do without the crackers, but the toppings are great!

Dips: When I woke up this morning and thought about what I was having for breakfast, I thought of you! I thought about what you would say if I ate a stack of pancakes slathered in butter and syrup. I knew that you would make me "drop and give you 50" so I thought better of it and had two scrambled eggs cooked in Pam instead! I've already planned tuna in water with velveeta lite melted on top for lunch.

This afternoon should be easy for my eating. I'm going to an acquaintance's house for my daughter's play date. They have a pool, so I can swim and be active with my daughter. And, this woman eats like a bird. Last summer she had us over for lunch. She gave the kids hot dogs. But for us, she made a salad consisting of green leaf lettuce and tomatoes. No protein. That was it. That was supposed to be our lunch. I remember pigging out when I got home because I was absolutely ravenous!
Even when you are on a strict diet, you eat more than that! It makes me wonder if she has an eating disorder. That is just not normal. When she invited me for today, she said to come at 1:30pm...which obviously means she doesn't want to serve us lunch. Then she said that she would have "healthy" snacks for us. OH GOODY!!! Maybe she'll have celery sticks for us! Woopie!!! I made fat-free brownies this morning to bring with us. I believe that you can stay on program without entirely denying yourself. If you do that, you will be more likely to cheat. I don't know how people like her deny themselves constantly. I couldn't live like that. I would end up gaining even more weight in the long run. At least with this play date beginning late in the day, it means that we will only be there for about two hours. It will be over before I know it.

Hope everyone's day is a happy and on program one!

Summer
Old 08-14-2003, 10:25 AM   #109  

Angie,

Your hair looks great! Also, good news on your pup. I also have HORRIBLE cravings for peanutbutter, and chocolate during PMS. Hmmm?

Kempy,

Sorry you are sick ((Kempy)). At least you avoided the hamburger! Good job. I am usually good with eating when I am sick because I can't taste anything anyway!

I decided to step on the scale today. I will not weigh myself again until my TOM is over because I will only get discouraged. This morning the scale read 151.5. Maybe I can hit 150 by the end of August? That would meet my challenge! Does anyone have any ideas to fight the feeling of being hungry and wanting to chow down? I have been eating well, but, have omitted morning and afternoon snacks, hoping it will help me lose faster. Now I feel starved! I have started taking a daily vitamin supplement (not a diet pill) because I know I am not getting proper amounts of nutrients.

I can't believe I did this, but 2 days ago I asked my husband to bring me home a bag of Reeses baking chips and a box of brownies, thinking I would bake em and eat em, lol. He brought them home, and the chips are in the fridge, and the box of brownies is in the cupboard. I decided I didn't really need them, and keep telling myself it is too hot to bake in the oven (even though we have a/c). I still have AWFUL cravings, but, so far, have been able to beat them.

Hello to everyone....Where are you??

Holly
Old 08-14-2003, 10:35 AM   #110  

Angry Thank God for THurdsdays

Morning Ladies!

I learned a lesson in common sense this morning. I took my 9 month old puppy (65 pounder) for a walk but he likes to run and I do not! So I put on rollerbaldes - any body normal would see this as not a smart move but off I went and we were doing fine until my dog saw another dog his size and wanted to meet him at full speed... So before there were dog issues I decided to fall so he could not run anymore - on my bum...ouch...sitting a little awkwardly tday and laughing at my self.

Angie I love the hair cut! It compliments you so nicely!

Dips I hope the european heat wave has an end in sight! how are you? You asked how I am with battle of the bulge and I am doing great - I am doing the SOuth Beach Diet - 7lbs gone! and from my belly area! I can start to see a waist!

CG grapes are great in phase II of SBD. Eat them in afternoon or evening so they don't mess with the blood sugar in the morning.

Kempy welcome back! I hope you are catching up and not being overwhelmed...

Summer I am glad you are happier with eating and your house and going back to school. I gotta say God Bless You that is a job I could never do!

hello to SVelte, Holly, Noelle and Tonya! Where are you at?

Have a great God given day!

GEM/Summer

Last edited by GEMonster; 08-14-2003 at 10:38 AM.
Old 08-14-2003, 10:52 AM   #111  

Angie your hair looks GREAT! I really like it and you do look thinner.

Holly the reason you are so hungry is b/c you aren't eating enough. You should be eating small meals 5-6 times a day. Trust me if you actually do a serving size of something it is small. Once you get used to eating like this your metabolism will kick in. What happens when you don't eat enough is that your body goes into a famine phase. It thinks that you aren't going to feed it enough so it will store whatever and I mean whatever you eat for later. It seems a little scary at first to eat the often but it really does work.

GEM I was going to do the South Beach but I chose the Body Rx instead. Let me know how it goes anf if it is easy to stick with.

Summer your friend could be a closet eater. She tries to look really healthy in front of you guys but when you aren't there, watch out! Now, I don't know her but I do know people like her. Heck, I have been that person.

Dips maybe I need you to come be my drill instructor for food intake. Yell everytime a fatty food item heads for my mouth.

Sandy, Noelle, Chris and anoyone I missed where are you guys?
Old 08-14-2003, 01:36 PM   #112  
No Limit Souljah!!

Hey Ladies,

What's poppin'

Angie- The old TOM is upon you once again, huh. Well, We'll be here to comfort you and help you avoid your cravings. Remeber, you're so close, Chica

Summer- You CRACK ME UP!! I'm glad I was able to guide you in the right direction as far as breakfast is concerned. Rember I do it because I care. And I'm so proud of you for getting back on track. You'll get you results in no time

Chiki- Don't deny yourself snacks. It will only make you feel like eating bigger meals. You just have to find healthy snacks that are right for you, Snacks that you enjoy, who says you have to force down healthy crap that you don't like ? Just cruise your supermarket and read labels and try new and exotic fruits and veggies. Let me know if you find something.

Gem- Wow!! 7 pounds, now that's what I'm talkin' about! Glad to hear it! You're on a roll and you'll only get better. It makes me so happy to hear good progress. Luv the dog story
OH and by the way the heat wave seems to be leaving us THANK GOODNESS I can't take it anymore.

Hey Kempy- Hmm Drill instructor, huh Not a role that I pictured for myself even being in the military but I guess I can give it a shot FAT IS THE ENEMY AND WE WILL DESTROY THE ENEMY!! How was that {I'm such a goofball }

Well, I did weights at the gym and taebo aerobics I feel strong yet exhausted So I'm going to enjoy my Lean Cuisine dinner and go to bed.

You girls are awesome! Keep up the good work

LIGHTS OUT!!

-Dips-
Old 08-14-2003, 04:46 PM   #113  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I'm back!!! I have been a busy girl today. Candi had to go to the vets for her rabies vaccination. She is on a different schedule from the other animals. We usually have the vet come to the house once a year and give everybody theior shots all at once but since we are taking my parents and the kids to Storyland next month we need her shots for the campground.

I emailed the pic of Cappie on the couch to the shelter to post of him. How could anyone say no to those big eyes? Plus my vet is trying to help us find a good home for him.

Summer, That is so sad. Those poor dogs.

Holly, Congratulations on resisting the brownies. There is no way I could do it. If it is in the house I obsess over it until I scarf the whole thing and then some down.

GEM, Sorry to laugh but I have the vision of this dog dragging you around. I hope your bum feels better soon.

Dips, Excellent advice. I must be good for atleast a week straight. I can do this. It is funny because I fall off right before my period and then it usually takes until PMS for me to get started OP again.

Kempy, How have you been doing. I want to see pics of your vacation!!!

Noelle, Where are you????

Tonya, Where are you????
Old 08-14-2003, 05:03 PM   #114  

I was going to scan them but the boss gave his old scanner away. I am going to try to get my mil to e-mail me the ones from her camera. Those are probably funnier anyway. We were using it the first night we had to many drinks. We had a good laugh the next day when we looked at them.
Old 08-14-2003, 05:08 PM   #115  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Did you hear that New York is in the middle of a balckout? They just showed the interstate full of people walking home. Canada and Detroit are having it too. It is a huge chunk of the North East that is having it.
Old 08-14-2003, 05:19 PM   #116  

No, I am just sitting in front of my puter surfing. Maybe I should go look at the news. Are they saying what is causing it?
Old 08-14-2003, 05:46 PM   #117  

Niagara Mohawk said it was a grid overload
Old 08-14-2003, 05:46 PM   #118  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey Ladies. I've been MIA here but slamming and jamming at work for the past few days. I've been lurking on the site but haven't really had time to post because I can get really long-winded ...but I miss you guys . The other day I was dropping my son off at school and when I got back to my car I had a fresh scrape and dent on my left rear bumper and fender well. The car next to me had fresh stripe of red paint on their right front bumper so it didn't take a brain surgeon to figure out what happened. Luckily the gal driving the car was still in the car. I was pissed and confronted her . SHe was an employee of the state office next door to the preschool and apparently a very bad driver/parker. We exchanged insurance info and I called the cops to make a report. Her insurance company said they will pay for my damages and a rental car while mine is in the shop. My insurance co. won't do anything unless hers flakes out or something. I have an appointment on Monday to take it for an estimate. Oh yeah, my hubby's motorcycle did come in last Friday so he's been tooling around with that here at the shop too. It's an awesome sight if you like chopper motorcycles. I'll see if I can take a picture of it and post it , I'm sure he'd be proud.

Ok, on to replies.

Angie baby, the 'do looks great on you! I like the lighter blondy thang going on. I say this everytime I see a new picture of you--it's eerie how much you look like my friend Theresa from Baltimore, MD. I need to go dig up a picture of her and scan it so you can see. I heard about the blackouts, I hope it's nothing to do with them gosh dern terrorists!

Kempy, glad you had a great vacation and sorry you got sick. Hope to see some pics soon.

Dips even if you don't "feel" like a drill sergeant, you can pretend to be ours--something about a woman in uniform...

Summer/GEM--congrats on those 7 lbs gone! WooHoo!!! Watch out for dog-powered roller blades, they can be murder on the bum .

Holly, go get that goal! Good job on staying away from temptation--good girl.

Summer, you're doing fine and stop putting yourself down (i.e., comment about the wide hips, etc.) . We need to realize that we need to love ourselves NOW and not when we lose 10 lbs, or 20 lbs or even reach goal. We are beautiful women NOW and don't let anyone, especially yourself, tell you any different. (((hugs)))
Did you clip out the newspaper pic of you and DD? That would be a good memento.

Hey CG--let me know how your chest exercises work out. See as for me, I don't have much on top to "lift" so it can't even sag down--isn't that sad? I know you're on a low-carb WOE but I just had to mention that I tried this great new sushi combo called a "rainbow" roll. It has the california maki on the bottom (hold the mayo), with ajiwai type toppings on top--like a regular nigiri sushi, except for the plain rice, you get the cal-maki. I know it probably has a lot more cals than the plain nigiri but I just had to try it and that was my lunch... :

Emily, Chris, Tonya and Sandy--hope you're all doing well today!

I'll be off to Maui tomorrow morning so I may not pop in for a few days (tsk tsk it's getting to be a habit!) . Have a great weekend everyone if I don't get to say goodbye. Luv ya!
Old 08-14-2003, 08:03 PM   #119  

Talking What a night out!

Dips'n'twists: I will do the girly push ups , thank you for clarifying that myth! I do not think I can hit the pavement yet! Thank you! I will start out with just a tad bit ( 100 reps) and hopefully I can see a difference in a month or so??? I though no other better way to get rid of stretch marks!

Summer: Oh, my gosh! Ok, I did not practice laying on my bed before Karaoke night last night, but my voice came in and out, and at times sounded like a mouse! I had not problems singing to "Tatu", but for deepr voiced songs.......ha! Forget it! I really, really want to improve so I will lay on my bed, pop in some music and turn the volume like "way up" hoping the neighbors do not hear, and practice using my diaphram(sp)? Is that right?

Angie: Yes, you do look lovely and I am happy that you found a home for your "Crappie"

Although I am afraid my Shizu will not restrain himself! He growls at everything, and no one would take him, and he is my responsibility regardless of his temperment, so I went out and bought to elbow length pig skin gloves to handle him, but I am still with fear!

Suggestions anyone! Thus this leaving to not being able to bath him, keep him tidy and having to pay huge salon fees! 43.00 a go!

Noelle: Yum! That sounds just yummy! Yesterday I bought Ika, and cut it myself (it was already pre-cut of course) but I sliced it to serve as Sashimi!

It was great! Do you like Okinomiyaki? or Tacoyaki? Gosh, I love when my fiancee makes Okinomiyaki homemade! Extra cabbage, extra Taco! But, I can not have the carbs,!

The mayo to top it off with the sprinkle of green tea powder and fish flakes!

Hello to eveyone that I missed! I hope you all are doing well!

Oh, Gem: How is is going on the SBD? Oh, thank good ness that grapes are ok! They were like a 100 usd, Noelle jump in here, you know what I am talking about right! Those "Summer Gifts"!

100 dollar Cantalopes!

Last edited by Cosmopolitan Girl; 08-14-2003 at 08:19 PM.
Old 08-15-2003, 12:02 AM   #120  
No Limit Souljah!!

Good Morning All,

Well I got about 2 minutes of sleep last night as I got phone calls from all my relatives in New York kpt calling me so I could moniter the news. My mom is safe at home with plenty of candles and flashlights while my dad is stuck in lower manhattan {UPS Driver} he can't leave his truck but he's still on the clock so he'll be okay. Anyways, I'm exhausted and I still have to go to work.

I'll be back later

-Dips-
Closed Thread