Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2003, 07:59 AM   #166  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good morning. I just took Candi for a walk and let me tell you something, If you ever want to get a dog to walk with for exercise DONT get a Keeshond!!! She is the slowest laziest little dog I have ever seen. I didnt even get to do my full 3 miles because she looked like she was going to collapse......until we saw a squirrel and then she dragged me across someones lawn.

I wanted something good to eat last night and I have nothing in the fridge so I actually resorted to dumping some grated reduced fat cheddar cheese into a bowl and scooping it out with crackers. It was good though.

We got a new account this week and man oh man isnt it busy now. This girl ordered 200 donuts the other day and then says oh Friday will be a big order!!YIKES!!! I am scared!!! We have been busting our butts but it is an extra $600 a week. Hopefully it stays like that until fall. I still havent paid my property taxes. I hate those.

Jay took having to give Cappie up hard. He said he was teary eyed all the way there trying to figure out how we could just keep him and then he was all teary eyed as he was leaving. We both feel so bad it is sick.

Well, I should go bake some cakes and get some extra out of the way for today. I'll check in later
Old 08-21-2003, 10:16 AM   #167  

Angie that is great that you got a new account. I was really hopeing that you could move down here but I guess you will have to stay up there and make all of those yummy treats for the poeple up there. I was just being selfish and wanted you to be closer so that we could hang out. I really don't know wht to tell you about Cappie. I know you tried really hard to help him fit into your family and along the way you fell in love with him. I have never been in that sort of situation before so I really don't have any good words of wisdom.

Dips Arnold will be 70 and I will still love him. When we lived in Florida we had one of his bodybuilding posters on the side of our fridge and I just loved going to the kitchen. I don't mind older men. I mean his bod is still hot. If I lived in Calli I would vote for him.

Some friends of ours are from the same town in Texas as Mathew M. (don't know how to spell it either) What lucky people they are. I loved him in the Wedding Planner.

The goodness it is Thursday. All this week I have been waking up thinking it was Saturday and that I could sleep in but no such luck. Now I can't wait to get a little more sleep. Although, I doubt that will happen with this convention this weekend. Joe is like a little kid right now. He is so excited about it. He is going to be interviewing the President of Duck's Unlimited for a TV show down here.

How are the rest of you doing today?
Old 08-21-2003, 12:29 PM   #168  
The ever shrinking woman!

Dips, you are too nice!

man Kempy I know what you mean, I cannot get up outta bed lately, I always want to sleep in so bad!

I am doin ok today, how bout the rest of ya ?

I am sitting here paying bills.. I swear payday should be called "transfer day" cause that's all it is for me

but I am out of checks, ack!

anyhow, have a good day you all!
Old 08-21-2003, 01:13 PM   #169  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

It's "McConaughey"
Old 08-21-2003, 01:27 PM   #170  

Wink

Hi Ladies!

Forgive me for taking a while to actually write a decent size post. I have been lurking and reading but not writing. Work has gotten crazzzzy...but as my boss says (who is a family friend) it keeps my *** out of trouble I need that alot!

Just to continue the fine discussion on male celebrities for a brief moment - most by far are fine choices but I would be remiss if I neglected to say Johnnie Depp! make me swoon...

Okay sorry I've collected myself again...Anyways I am on the South Beach Diet and love it! I am at 145 and was at 154 when I started so that means I have reached goal for the month!!! Not only do I love it because of that but I am not hungry or feeling deprived. I need to kick start my exercise regimen into something more...me. I walk the dog I just want to do something I adore so my husband said he is going to teach me to play tennis. I should sell tickets to these lessons as a comedy event because that is what it will be!

ANgie I am sorry to hear about Cappie. Keep yourself busy but know you did the right thing so the right family will be happy. You would feel just as guilty if he hurt meanie or any other pet...

Dips congrats on coming home! I know it will be hard to leave a life you know so well but what better reason! Your fiancee better know how lucky he is. Sorry about the new position though - I would be doing my own version of civil disobedience but something tells me if I was in the army I'd be mostly in the brig or still doing pushups!

Kempy have fun at the convention! you might as well make the best of it since you have to go. I loved the pics by the way you looked great and looked like you were having a great time.

Summer don't let anyone make you feel like less of a goddess (because that is what you are!) don't give anyone permission to make you feel awful for having normal behavior - YOU ARE LOOKING AT THE MENU NOT TASTING OR BUYING! No remember you are a goddess and as my mom says "...and the finished sculpture has yet to be revealed" As for your friend you give the cone back and say "I am sorry I said no thanks...do you think the kids would like one?" or it will keep happening.

Noelle what a trip! I want to come! Hopefully I can fit into a suitcase by then!

Hello to everyone else Jelynn, Svelte, CG and Tonya.

Summer/GEM

Quote of the day: Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
Bill Watterson (1958 - ), cartoonist

Last edited by GEMonster; 08-21-2003 at 01:29 PM.
Old 08-21-2003, 01:41 PM   #171  
Domestic Engineer

Sorry I've been AWOL!! My DH has been on holidays the past couple weeks and we've been playing. Spent a couple days at Waterton Park and now I'm at Montana at my parents...I'll be back on schedule next week I hope!!

Emily
Old 08-21-2003, 04:20 PM   #172  

mmm mathew McConaghey ( or however it's spelled) is cute too!

Gem, grats on the loss!

well I've got this thread, and another where I am getting asked my "secret", and I have thought about it.. and I don't really have one.. haha. So I decided I would try to put it out there as best I know it.

I do WW mostly, and fitday.com (calorie counter). I try to keep breakfast and lunch under 700 calories all together, and under 12 WWP. So for breakfast I always eat a bowl of cereal , like special K, honeycomb, honey nut cheerios, and skim milk. I am always in a hurry, so this is the best option for me. With skim milk, it's 3 WWP. I drink coffee like crazy, so I limit myself to 2 mugs, with a tblsp of fat free creamer in each cup. that adds another 2 WWP. I try to stay around 5-6 for breakfast. Lunch I keep at 6-8. That way I have around 7-10 WWP for the evening time, since that is my worst time for the urge to eat.

Like today, I had my cereal, only 1 cup of coffee with the tblsp of creamer for breakfast, then for lunch a lean cuisine, 2 slices of light wheat bread (40 cal per slice, 1 WWP for 2 slices), and I had a Weight Watchers smart one's fudge bar, 1WWP. So today, after lunch I am at 11 WWP for they day, and 690 calories, 11g fat , for the day.
This leaves me open for a good 500 calories tonight, which I can usually pull off unless I am going crazy for something really evil

This is what I have done from day 1, which was Aug. 21, 2002.

I have never been one to do the low carb thing, I would never ever survive, I could never eat cabbage soup for a week straight, I would end up driving myself so crazy I would binge so bad afterwards I would gain double the weight back.

This way, I can have things I like, and compromise here and there on other things, and still be satisfied with my results

I also speed walk or run on my treadmill 3 times a week for 30 minutes. if nothing else, it keeps my metabolism fueled. I recently tried "One a day" weight smart vitamins, I really think they help boost my metabolic rate too. Since I started, I have lost 5 pounds doing nothing different than I did before...

===

I also have some randon thoughts for the day

my first one is that I love being thin, but there is a drawback! I have discovered the evil shopper in myself, I can't help it! I see something I want, I try it on, and I can't not buy it

Today I went to Express, and I find this pair of pants that I cannot live without. They are $39.00 , and I got $5.00 off for applying for an express card. O, great, just what I need! man when that thing comes, someone grant me the wisdom to cut it up PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!! I am out of control with this

I also wanted to add that my favorite lean cuisine at this point in time (it changes often) is the Chicken in Peanut Sauce. Yum! if you like the asian style cuisine one's , try this one! it's really good!

ok, got all that off my chest, I feel betta!

Have a lovely thursday ladies

Last edited by TonyaS; 08-21-2003 at 04:50 PM.
Old 08-21-2003, 04:51 PM   #173  
so close, yet so far...

matthew mcconaughey in peanut sauce
Old 08-21-2003, 04:54 PM   #174  
so close, yet so far...

ok so i don't have a lot of time these days but i do jump in every now and then to read these posts. see, so busy i can't even capitalize the proper letters .... and i must admit that i do like the way mr mcconaughey looks but he's not my "major" ticket hottie. i've thought about it though, and can't come up with one right off the top of my head... i'll be back later.
Old 08-21-2003, 05:39 PM   #175  

Old 08-21-2003, 05:58 PM   #176  
so close, yet so far...

Kempy--My oh My! Is this Gunther? Wow, I can see why!
EYE CANDY IS CALORIE FREE
Old 08-21-2003, 06:50 PM   #177  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

YUM!!!!! I dont usually like bulgy muscles but YUM!!!
Old 08-21-2003, 08:53 PM   #178  
Mommy, wife, teacher

Well, I do have to agree with Johnny Depp being hot, especially in the movie, Chocolat...

Noelle: Thanks for the spelling...Matthew McConaughey in hot fudge and whipped cream

GEM: Thanks for the wisdom!

Angie: I'm sorry that you and Jay are in so much pain. I really hope that once Cappie is placed, you guys will come to terms with it.

Hi Tonya, Kempy, Dips, Emily, Holly, and anyone else that is lurking.

This morning, my school secretary called and woke me up to ask me questions about my enrollment. I told her I'd be in tomorrow to finish setting up my classroom and would take care of everything then. Technically, I'm not required to work until Monday. Anyway, while I was in the shower, she called again all hysterical because the superintendent wants my numbers. Because she didn't ask nicely and had an attitude, I chose not to return the call. Ooh...shame on me! Feeling guilty, I decided to call before my first appointment of the day. But, we were running late, and I didn't get a chance to call. My dd had a hair appointment, dentist appointment, and I had an appointment for a mammogram. By the time we got home, the school was closed. Oh well, it looks like they all had to wait! They will all be pissed, but I'm not on the clock yet.

I hate mammograms. God, must it hurt so much? If men had to stick their penis' between a metal and hard plastic plate and have it smooshed down as flat as possible, male doctors would come up with a more humane and less painful way to test them. But since it is only women who must go through a mammogram, things will never change. There is an alternate method out there, but radiologists haven't gone out of their way to replace the old machines. Would you believe, my boobs are still sore? I have to have a mammogram annually because my sister had breast cancer at 28. I had a benign cyst at 19. Oh well, at least it is overwith.

Hope all are well. I'm gonna start getting super busy soon, so I will apologize ahead of time for not being as attentive. I will try to check in as often as I can.

Summer

Old 08-22-2003, 02:24 AM   #179  
No Limit Souljah!!

Ciao Ladies,

It's only 8:10 in the Morning and already I'm having a not so nice friday. I won't get into too many details but simply put, a soldier in the barracks I live in, told the Sergeant in charge that I've been neglecting my clean up duties, and that is just not true. The head sergeant came up to me as I was getting out of my car and had an additude so I have no choice but to call the accuser and cuss his *** out. {pardon my french but I don't play that sh*^}

I figured coming here and seeing how you all were doing would make me feel better.

Which brings me to GEM- You go girl! Great weight loss. I'm so happy for you!

Noelle- You are a bad bad BAD girl! But I got one for ya Benjamin Bratt

Angie- I too am at a loss for words about Cappie, but keep your head up...it will work out.

Summer- Yes mammograms are a pain, litterally, but just remeber the importance of getting checked out for Breast Cancer. I learned in the military that it's more serious than we all think.

Tonya- Good program! How wonderful of you to share with everyone. And just remember that you'ver earned those jeans so work it! Just remember to go easy on your budget. Don't trade one bad habit {food} for another {shopping}

AND NOW FOR MY GOOD NEWS: despite all the drama of the morning I am happy to annouce my 4 pound weight loss for the month of August thus far. I'm still hoping to drop at least 2 more before the month is out.

I'm so glad I have you all to make me feel good on bad days!

Later Gals

-Dips-
Old 08-22-2003, 07:23 AM   #180  

Hey everyone!! I have been MIA for a few days, work has been crazy, and still no computer at home. However, last night we broke down and ordered a DELL that should arrive by August 27th, so, I'll be up and running again. We also ordered a copier/printer/scanner combo so I can post a pic. It really helps to put a face with a personality, know what I mean ?

So, I about killed myself yesterday! I walked 6 miles, then my hubby comes home (kids were an MIL'S house overnight), and says, lets go to Buttermilk Falls State Park and hike. So, of course I wasn't going to miss the together time!! We hiked and hiked, the trail we walked was 2 miles, so 4 miles total. That made 10 miles yesterday, and boy was I beat. My right leg had had enough about 3/4 way walking downhill, and started to skake like crazy! My husband said, well, I guess you know your limit now. WHEW !

This morning I weighed myself. First step on scales was 151, then I checked again (always step on twice, not sure why), and it said 150.5. So....can I take the 150.5? If so, 1/2 pound to go and I will make this months challenge of 150!!

Dips,

Sorry you are having a rough morning! At least it's Friday.? Try to stay calm, call the soldier, and ask what he was thinking, and where he got his information from. Try to keep cool, you don't need to make the day any worse for yourself! Good job on the weight loss...keep it up!!

How are you Tonya, Angie, Summer, GEM, Noelle, Emily?? Hope you have a great Friday!!

Holly
Closed Thread