Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2003, 09:36 AM   #181  

Thats Gunther alright! He is just the hottest thing. Joe hates it when I point him out in the mags. He'll get over it. Like i have a snowballs chance.

Dips I am sure you are counting down the days after this morning. Good job on the weight loss though.

Tonya I can't wait to go buy new jeans. I have a jean problem. I love them!

Holly I wish we had a place to hike around here. Everything down here is so flat. Not much of a workout.

Angie any word about Cappie?

Thank goodness it is Friday. I am so ready to get out of here today. I really like my job but I don't want to even be near this place right now. I am sooooo ready to get done with school so that I can have a break from this place sometimes.Plus, the extra money coming in wont be to bad either.
Old 08-22-2003, 09:40 AM   #182  

Kempy,

Hey! Sorry I forgot to say hey to you!! We have too many hills around here! It is difficult to find anywhere flat to walk. It gets a little hard on the knees after a while. Funny thing is I grew up 25 miles from where I live now, and it is almost completely flat!!

Holly
Old 08-22-2003, 11:42 AM   #183  
The ever shrinking woman!

all I got to say is TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and Kempy, I have a jeans fettish too, always have. But now it's more than that. Shoes, little shirts, and the pants I bought yesterday I never thought in a million years I would look good in... but I do! I shock myself! they are those tight black kind with no pockets at all, just beltloops, low rise, flared... I wore them today, and I dont' even feel self conscious. that's like the apocalypse

we have tons of places around here to hike.. this city is surrounded by mountains but I never find time!

have a good day girls!
Old 08-22-2003, 12:09 PM   #184  

I can remember when I was 18 and weighed 133, I LOVED jeans, I had lavender jeans, salmon jeans, blue jeans, black jeans...I must have had 10 pair, LOL. Now, I refuse to buy jeans because of how I think they look on me. I was complaining to my husband last night that I am lumpy...I am thin through the shoulders to my waist, then from below my belly button through my hips, I feel HUGE! He was so funny though, he was laying on the bed, and I was half on/half off the bed, with my head on his stomach when I was talking to him. He said "now, Holly, you know that thing you are laying on, that's a fat gut, you have nothing to worry about. He is such a great guy in some ways. Everyone has their faults though...even personality wise. If...no, WHEN I make it to 145 pounds, maybe I should buy a pair of jeans as a reward to myself. This weekend's challenge for me is to not have a cheat meal, etc. It seems like every time I have a cheat meal, snack, etc, I am up 2 pounds, then it takes me all of the next week to lose those same 2 pounds.

WHERE IS EVERYONE?

Holly
Old 08-22-2003, 02:16 PM   #185  
The ever shrinking woman!

Holly, you would be surprised! At 150 I think I was size 10, which is AWESOME! there are lots of cute jeans, I remember getting some, I had no idea I would take the weight loss thing as far as I have at that point, because I had to give them away, and they were really cute pants! I bet you would look sexay!
Old 08-22-2003, 03:26 PM   #186  
Mommy, wife, teacher

Hello all, I don't have much time. But I wanted to reply about the topic of jeans. The last time I wore a normal pair of jeans, you know, the kind with a zipper and a snap, was about 13 years ago. I remember back in 1986, when I was as thin as I should be. I wore Guess jeans. Now all I can wear are those spandex, elastic waste jeans. Regular jeans are a loooooooong way away for me.

Summer
Old 08-22-2003, 05:48 PM   #187  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Finally, a chance to post. I have been working all day. I hate fridays!!

I just emailed the shelter to ask if he has been adopted yet and to tell them they can give my name and number to his new family if they want to so I can answer any questions they may have about him. I felt so guilty last night. I hate this feeling.

We are heading to New Hampshire to go to Storyland tomorrow and spend the night there. It is more for me and Jay then the kids. haha. I love Storyland it makes me feel like a kid again. I am 100% sure I wont end up eating right but then again I guess I havent been lately anyway.

Dips, CONGRATULATIONS on your weightloss!!! You are doing so great!! Sorry about the *** trying to get you in trouble. I hate people like that.

AAHH JEANS!!! When I was 16 I weighed 128 pounds and I had a pair of pink leopard stripe stretchy jeans. I loved those so much back then. I looked hot in them ... or at least I thought I did at the time. HAHA I threw them away 4 years ago when we moved because I figured I would never lose my weight and be able to wear them again. Go Figure.
Old 08-23-2003, 05:14 AM   #188  
No Limit Souljah!!

Ciao Ladies,

I'm feeling musch better now that it's saturday. I went to a club last night and couldn't help but notice that 50% of the female population was thinner than me. Nothing kills a weight loss celebration like coming face to face with skinny brads that make you feel fat again. I still had a good time though.

My fiance bought a car and he's really excited about it. It's a nice car but I really wish he would've waited before adding so much money to our monthly expenses. Men and their toys!

Angie- Have fun at storyland! It sounds like a cool place from what I've heard. All this talk about jeans, I have about 30 pairs but these are jeans I've accumulated over the last couple of years. I don't throw anything away. My J-Lo jeans are fitting loose. I should feel happy, right. Well those jeans cost me 51 bucks, and I just bought them a couple of months ago.

I have some errands to make but I will be back later to properly report to every one.

Later

-dips-
Old 08-23-2003, 11:41 AM   #189  

Hi guys! You all are so great here. (I'm new) You guys really give me inspiration. Tonya you are so pretty and thin. Right now I am at 158 or so and would like to get down to 125-130. I gained like 30lbs in 2 1/2 years. I remember being at that weight and everyone was so much nicer to me. It felt so good to be skinny!! Well hopefully I will get there. Thanks again
Julie
Old 08-23-2003, 03:57 PM   #190  
Domestic Engineer

Hey everyone! Welcome Julie!
We are back after 2 weeks of holidaying off and on...I'm wasted The house looks like a tornado hit and I'm trying to get caught up. BUT I needed a break and wanted to say hi to you guys.
Ah jeans...anyone remember Lawman jeans? James jeans (I had the hot pink-lol) Yeah, that was back when I was 130ish...I actually do have a pair of Gap jeans (mens, but still...) I like myself in at 175...
I'm trying to think of my favorite hottie and actually having a hard time- am I getting old??? I always loved Tom Cruise, but lately he isn't doing it for me...

Well, I'm back and ready to be gung-ho again. I have so much to lose it's overwhelming, but I know that I will happier and just need to start being serious. My parents are leaving for China for a year(!!) in 2 weeks so my goal is to be 50 lbs (at least) thinner when I see them again!

Emily
Old 08-25-2003, 07:46 AM   #191  

Good Monday morning ladies!! How was everyone's weekend? Pretty good here. We took the kids to a picnic for my husband's work on Saturday. They had train rides, blow up rides, and a clown. My poor 3 year old was terrified of the clown! He ran screaming, waahh, he looks funny mommy, I don't like him. His older brother took him back to the clown a little later, and he was fine, I think it was just the initial shock, lol. I was able to beat the junk monster this weekend, WHEW...it was tough though. At the picnic they had an ice cream truck with soft serve chocolate and vanilla ice cream, all sorts of cookies, and BROWNIES...mmmm, but I kept myself away from the table, and was somehow able to not eat a bite of it!! After we left, I had a fat free frozen yogurt though, I had to tame my sweet tooth before I went on a chocolate frenzy! So, my Monday weigh in this week is 150.5. I so hope I can reach my August challenge of 150. I have 6 more days to lose .5 pounds, think I can do it? I am losing weight really slowly, but, it is coming off. I put on a pair of my size 12's this morning, and had to put on a belt cause they are too loose!

Emily,

Hi! Nope, don't know what lawman jeans are. I always liked Tom Cruise, but, he doesn't really do it for me anymore either!!

Julie,

Hi and welcome! This is a great group of ladies. You will get there, it just takes time, that's what I have to keep telling myself too! I started out here at 156, and am now at 150.5. Seems it's taking forever, but, at least no gain!

Dips,

Hey! I understand the feeling of everyone else being thinner than you, I do the same thing. When we went to the picnic on Saturday, my hubbys friend's wife was there, and she lost like 40 pounds from taking Hydroxycut. I think she has been taking it for over 6 months, and says on the bottle it said 12 weeks, but she feels fine. Even though I know she didn't lose the healthy way, she was very intimidating to me.

Angie,

Hey! I hope you have a great time at Storyland! I threw away some jeans after I had my daughter in 2001. I weighed 171 six weeks after having her, and figured they would never fit again. Oh well, I guess that gives us an excuse to buy new jeans!!

Summer,

Hi! Don't be so hard on yourself about the jeans. I have a friend who, in high school, never wore jeans because she didn't like how they looked or felt. She was quite skinny too! I could never figure it out! You can look sexy wearing clothes other than jeans!

Tonya,

Hey! I think I am almost into a size 10 again. The 12's I have are really loose, and I have to wear a belt. I guess I just don't want to buy jeans until I am happy with the way I look in them. I saved 1 pair of jeans from years ago that are a shrunken (from washing and drying so many times cause I LOVED them) size 9. I can button and zip them, but, they are snug. I don't like the way they look, but, my husband loves them, lol.

Hi to Kempy, GEM, Noelle...anyone I missed! Have a great day!

Holly
Old 08-25-2003, 09:44 AM   #192  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning Everyone!!

Welcome Julie!! I was MIA this weekend or I would have said hi sooner. These girls are great! I love them all. They help me so much!

Emily, I am ready to get serious too. I have blown another month and gained more weight. I think I will modify my goal now to just get through this week OP. I should be able to do that. My jeans that I was wearing in June are now to tight again so I guess that is my cue to get my *** in gear.

Holly, Way to go on meeting your goal for the month. You are AWESOME!!!! I need some of your willpower right now.

Today is my 13th wedding anniversary. I got chinese for supper last night because I knew today was ANOTHER fresh start for me.

Our trip to New Hampshire!!!!!! We went to Storyland and had fun but it was so busy we couldnt get near the food stands so we thought we would leave for a while and go to Conway to eat and come back later. Okay, They were having a strret fair and road construction all the way so a 7 mile trip took over a half an hour or longer. We got our food at Wendy's and headed back. The traffic was even worse on the way back so we were barely moving when it happened...... Wendy's hit Jay wrong and he HAD to go to the bathroom NOW. There was no place to pull over and we werent moving and he was turning green because he had to go so bad. I could see him eyeballing the side of the road and I said dont do it there isnt enough room to park there. There was no side streets or anything so we finally come to a motel parking lot so I said pull in here and do it. We pull in and he runs for the bathroom so I go sit on the couch and we see the owner peeking out the window. I run down and said hurry up I think the owner is going to come tell us to move. The owner comes out and walks around the RV and I open the window and say" Hi, we had to pull off the road for just a minute and we will be leaving in just a sec" figuring he would be like okay just as long as you dont plan on parking here too long. WRONG!!!! This guy then proceeds to scream at me and tell me to leave NOW and swearing so I said yeah whatever and shut the window. I run down to the bathroom and tell Jay that this guy is beligerrant(sp) and we need to leave now(poor guy ) So while this is happening the owner tries to open the RV door and come in (luckily it was locked) the kids are laughing there asses off by now and telling me everything the owner is doing outside. He couldnt get in and he starts to bang on the door and continues on his rampage threatening to call the cops and everything. Jay finally gets out of the bathroom and tells him we are leaving and we try to drive off and get back in behind the cars that we were behind anyway because traffick just wasnt moving. It was so unreal that we cant belive it actually happened. I am just glad we werent actually going to check in for the night at a place like that.

But all in all we had a great time and it really psyched me up for going to Florida in December.

Last edited by angieME; 08-25-2003 at 09:55 AM.
Old 08-25-2003, 10:30 AM   #193  

Thank you so much for the warm welcome! What a funny story Angie. Yesterday I went to a family reunion and there was food everywhere, about 10 different kind of bars and cookies! But I did not have one. I ate before I left so I would not be so hungry when I got there. But last night we made smores. Oh well its a new week. Does anyone have any tips on how to control this nasty pms cravings!?! Well have a good Monday everybody. Julie
Old 08-25-2003, 11:11 AM   #194  

Hi Julie! Glad you joined us. I am usually pretty busy over the weekends so I don't get here until Monday.

Angie how funny! It took me awhile to remember why you would have to stop, you don't drive. I couldn't understand why you would have to pull over if you were already in the RV. Poor Jay. All in all you had fun right? It is getting close to our one year mark here can you believe it?

Lets not talk about Jeans right now. Mine are not fitting to well. I tried to be good at the convention but I guess I wasn't as good as I should have been. Oh well, today is a new day and I am stocked up with good stuff so that I don't screw up. I start my 2nd 6 weeks today and I am ready. I took measurements this morning and did the body fat thing so I can reocrd the changes.

I ordered a scanner from Dell Friday so I should have it soon. I wanted to be able to scan in the pics from vacation. Of course I need to develope them first. I am so bad about that.
Old 08-25-2003, 01:57 PM   #195  
Finally Fit!

Good afternoon All! We're back from our Beach Vacation, and boy did we have fun! It was like being in college again. We went skinny dipping, drank mudslides late at night, ended up at the Karaoke one night, then another night at a night club, dancing the night away! It was the best vacation we've ever had. We had about 9 of us in the condo, and amazingly, didn't have a bathroom problem at all! We were on the beach a lot of hte time, and when you're on a beach vacation, you tend not to primp. So, it was great!

I did my best to eat right, and was in the waves with my boogie board every day. I think that was my biggest workout, not to mention wakling every other day at the boardwalk. We did splurge on some treats, but, again, amazingly, I didn't gain an ounce! I couldnt' believe it.

When i worked out yesterday for the first itme in over a week, man did I feel it. It was kicking my butt! One week away from the usual routine,a nd away from your normal eating habits, adn you're screwed.

But, overall, I am so glad we did it, and I can't wait to see hte pictures. I wore a bikini, and I am so proud that I did. It was a big monet for me. I'll share the pics if I look good. A camera makes you look different that you think you look, so we'll see.

Glad to be back, and I'll try to catch up on hte posts I missed. Hope you're all OP.

Christy
Closed Thread