Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 03:19 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

Diana: I almost don't know what to write seeing as you seem to manage so incredible well. It's inspiring to see someone losing that much weight and maintain it for so long.

Rachel: I think that sometimes it helps to "trick" healthy food into family members dinners without announcing it as a health thing. Just tell him you want to try a really good recipe a friend recommended, don't say it's healthy for him. Men are funny in that way.

Dawn: Great work.

Seabiscuit: You're stuck between a rock and a hard place. If you take meds it makes the weight go up, if you don't it makes you sick. You have my emapthy.

Mozgillo: Yey on try a new activity.

Mamakat: Speaking of mint, I had a delicious mint tea today. I quit Diet Coke cold Turkey on October 1st and I hadn't had one since then. The first week was rough and I felt sick. Now my issues is that I'm so used to getting all my fluids from Diet Coke and water just doesn't taste as good.

SerenityDiva: Nicely done

Calories: 2213
Activity: none

I had a bit of a binge episode today, however, one setback is just that: ONE. I'm already back on track and ate a healthy dinner. A while back I would eat what I ate during the binge every single day, so I'm improving. It was my first binge in October and we're already 1/3 of the way with October.

Last edited by IsabellaOlivia; 10-10-2012 at 03:20 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:39 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Height: 5'4"

Thanks to those who welcomed me back. It is nice to see some familiar faces and many new ones.
I will write more personals as I get up to date on all of this.
I am now on WW and so far sticking with my points. Again no activity as I am still sick. I did go for a 20 minute walk to get some groceries though.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:53 PM   #198  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Unhappy Thank you all so much for the support, I am truly touched

I really appreciate all the support from everyone, I am truly touched. I returned to work today and did okay even though I only had about 30-45 mins sleep total last night due to the side effects of the asthma medicine. I was running on sheer adrenaline. I felt chest pain and tightness plus coughing at work so I took my inhaler at work and that seemed to help. I felt better after the inhaler and sitting down.

I saw my pulmonologist today and he said that the weather here (we have had a lot of cold damp weather lately) has contributed to the attacks and also, I foolishly stopped taking my Prilosec, I ran out of it and then didn't think that I needed it. I so badly want to be above this disability that I think I don't need my medicine, last year I stopped taking my steroid inhaler, I just want to be normal. I have to accept that I need the help for my health issues, big sigh. If only I had kept on the Prilosec, perhaps I wouldn't have had IVs of asthma meds, missing work and gaining weight. Now I am on stronger medicine, if only I had kept the course and not messed things up! I don't want to beat myself up but I feel so silly and a little dumb. Why do I put myself through this?

I talked to another pharmacist who said that the weight gain is probably from the Prednisone and I will have to work to get it off, it's not water retention I feel so frustrated- grr! I was tracking my WW points today but went over and into my weekly points because I got hungry, sigh.

The tears keep coming and I just want to scream out of frustration at times. I see my therapist tomorrow and hopefully that will help.

I'm sorry I am not doing personals, I am sleep deprived and not in the best mood, but I did want to reply to the thread.

Thank you all again so much for the support.

Bless you all.

Amy
Old 10-10-2012, 08:01 PM   #199  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

AKA Hi It's good to see you. I saw your post at the weigh in. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-...ily-weigh.html People are not talking much. I quit doing personals since I have been having issues with that allergy thing. I'm not sure if you remember about what I had going on. I got a diagnosis, angioedema. I adjusted my allergy medicine 2 weeks ago. Now it's TTOM. I still have issues with flare ups when I get really upset, although they are not as bad. I am hoping things will regulate for me, soon. You are welcome to post here when ever you want.

Rachello Great job in getting up early and getting it done!

Dawn Thank you. Good job on your calories and exercise!

Misti I understood what you meant. I still think it's a NSV and you are making progress. Weight loss isn't just a physical thing about losing the weight. It's also a mental thing. Especially with someone like me. I have been morbidly obese the majority of my life. I am not use to being smaller and I'm not used to the way I look. Everything is a process. Keep up the great work! Congrats on the 246!

Seabiscuit I hope you start feeling better, soon. Hang in there. Just don't give up! I have had some crazy struggles recently. We just have to keep our focus and not let these struggles get us down.

Mogzillo Great job sticking with your plan. Did you get that swim in? I love swimming.

Mamakat Ah, the Dr. could be right. You might have a virus. It does make sense. I hope you felt better today.

Serenity I hate having to take all of that equipment out! Cathe is famous for that! You need a half a dozen gadgets to do one of her workouts. I workout in my office and don't have room for all of that. You probably had a Jump Sport. I have looked into those, too. I was gifted a workout DVD today. I think I will offer my last DVD up as a gift later tonight. It's a Firm DVD. I need to get it out to get the name. I hope you had a good day.

Mescelestus Glad you are feeling better.

Novangel Good job planning for the cold weather!

Isabella Thank you. Get right back on track with your next meal. Don't let one little set back derail you. Keep working it!

Pluckypear Good job on the walk, especially with not feeling well. I hope you feel better tomorrow.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:04 PM   #200  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1470 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Sirloin steak 500 calories
2 orders steamed veggies 200 calories

Exercise:
Cathe's MMA Boxing w/weighted gloves
The Firm Super Body Sculpt - Upper Body w/weighted gloves
Old 10-10-2012, 08:33 PM   #201  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

Hi all, just a quick post to wish everyone well. It's a bad week at work and my eating has been off plan, so I'm very crabby.

AKA, nice to see you! How goes the running? I've been doing some myself and am liking it more than I expected. I hope you're doing well.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:02 PM   #202  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi everyone!

Just racing through between a 45 minute pool workout, dinner and getting ready to go to my Life Group. Have to get posting my stats again!!

AM
Tonic Alchemy in small amt grapefruit juice

Breakfast
2 steamed eggs
1/2 spinach/onion Quejos
small slice watermelon

Snack
Banana
small handful mixed nuts, dried cranberries

Lunch
3 oz tuna packet
8 rice crackers
5 bite size pineapple chunks, fresh

Snack (free table at work.. I passed up the pizza!!!)
Mixed greens/veggie salad, small bowl, small amount ranch dressing

Dinner
Steamed butternut squash
corn on the cob
cottage cheese

Will probably have coffee and maybe a small snack at Life Group tonight
edited to add: I had coffee with milk, and green grapes

Exercise
45 minute pool workout

Weight
246 - new low

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 10-12-2012 at 08:37 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:11 PM   #203  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

I allowed myself to self-soothe, self-medicate, self-destruct, and self-harm. I needed a hug and since physical hugs aren't a part of my life, I hugged myself with Bertucci's. Yep, I reasoned it out (and will soon be paying for it). I said, I've been good, I'm on a downward spiral in weight, if I gain it will come back off (I have no doubt of that), it's better than doing something stupid (LOL, gotta weigh the stupid here) and I just NEED (not food, but mental nurturing). Now I knew going in, I'd pay for it, but I drove across state, singing until I ran out of CT road in pouring rain then headed back home, in the rain. I haven't gotten my car fixed so that was one of those stupid things, I didn't really care about. DH is super supportive and went with me because I don't actually order a meal, I just eat their rolls. He ordered a beer and chicken wings. We separated afterward and as he was saying good bye, I know he was itching to hug me, but that's not comforting, maybe one day So, although, it was for good/bad reasons, I did it. I don't feel guilty in doing it and I'm not worried about the weight that I'll gain...nope, I'll worse problems to worry about, but right now, I'm kinda hoping the physical pain will make me put the other stuff on a back burner. Maybe it won't rain tomorrow and I can go for a slow cleansing walk...

I hope you all have a wonderful night...see you in the morning
Old 10-10-2012, 09:30 PM   #204  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

I stayed within my ww points. I ended up having a healthy dinner of 1/2 sweet potato, bunch of rapini sauteed in a little evoo and lemon squeezed on top, and a baked chicken breast sans skin. I did allow points for chocolate with my peppermint tea. I have to miss the pool tomorrow because I have a new fridge being delivered tomorrow. I will aim for a Richard Simmons DVD.

Misti what is a life group? Sounds interesting.

Good night.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:24 PM   #205  

S/C/G: 221/205/145

Height: 5'3"

Do you ever feel like there isn't enough time in the day for you? I feel like everyone sucks my minutes out of my day like a vaccuum. The minute I finally get a chance to sit and relax it's time to get back up and start something new. I need a remote for life so I can pause and enjoy what seems to be passing by too quickly!

I use an android app to keep track of my calories, it said I went over my budget. Lovely. I ate 1616 calories. At least everything I put into my mouth was healthy I know, even healthy food can be overeaten if you aren't careful!

Exercised 1hr and 20 mins. Elliptical 1 hr, and I "tried" tae-bo for 20 minutes. Really it was just me looking silly trying to keep up with him. Not good for the clumsy girl with two left feet. But it was a fun try.

Pluckypear- great job staying under your ww points! I've never done ww b4 so I don't know how it works. It seems like the points go really fast, like you don't have enough. I wonder though, can you earn extra points by exercising? Just curious.

Mamakat- don't beat yourself up, tomorrow is a new day!

Diana & misti- your food logs looks yummy, great choices!

Steph- Hello! Hope your work days get better!

Everyone else, enjoy your evening!

Finally have a ticker! woo whoo!

Last edited by dawnrnay3; 10-10-2012 at 10:26 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:42 PM   #206  
Warrior Princess

Not much motivation tonight but I got Jillian done anyway.

Amy, I feel you about wanting to be "normal" and not having to take meds. When we fight to be off of them we only cause ourselves more grief and frustration. Don't beat yourself up. I hope someday to be off medication too. You're not alone.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:26 AM   #207  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hello again, everyone!

Whew, busy day! But rewarding. I am enjoying reading all your posts.

dawnmay3, I haven't welcomed you yet so here it is!!! So glad you have joined us. And yes, my food is absolutely yummy! And takes very little time to prepare.

pluckypear, regarding my Life Group.... my church has groups that meet for 12 weeks, mostly in people's homes. At the end of 12 weeks a new set of them starts and you can either stay with the group you have been in (which I always do) or move on to something different. They are around 12-14 or so people, and each is based on a topic. There are some that are Bible study topics and others which are based on common interests such as a sewing group, game night group, exercise, or whatever. In my particular group this time, we are taking turns (one person per week) sharing a story about something that took place in the Bible, examining and discussing it, how it applies in our lives and specifically how we can use it to encourage and bless others. We also share our prayer needs and pray for one another. We go 15 minutes early so we can have that time to just visit. Someone always brings treats, too. The group members also reach out to one another to help if someone has a need, etc. It's a great way to get to know people and develop close relationships.

Best wishes to everyone! Have a super successful week!
Old 10-11-2012, 01:37 AM   #208  
To the Future

S/C/G: 230/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

I went way off today and won't see a loss tomorrow. Slept through running time....tired and I'm not sure why. Wait, yes I do. I went to new orleans this past weekend for a wild time!

Anyway, tomorrow will be better. I can do this!
Old 10-11-2012, 06:59 AM   #209  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Wink

Good morning everyone

I am feeling better, finally got some sleep! I also am breathing somewhat better and my spirits are feeling lifted I cannot begin to thank you all so much for your wonderful support- you all rock!

I see my therapist today and hopefully that will be helpful, I like her and I think our sessions are good. I just hope my breathing is going to be okay at work today, we shall see.

I'm tracking and it feels good to track what I am eating. I hope that I don't go over my daily points today, but if I do, I have some weekly points left over. My weigh in day is tomorrow, I hope I don't break down into tears because I know I have gained due to the meds. Fortunately I get a new set of weekly points though

Have a great day everyone!

Amy
Old 10-11-2012, 07:14 AM   #210  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

We are getting close to the weekend!

I have gotten bogged down with my sorting/shredding/regular work. I though work would be calm enough this week that I could get most of the sorting/shredding done, but it hasn't. I would love to get all of this done by this weekend even, but I don't even think that's possible. I'll keep working on it though.

I think today is the last day of my TTOM. We'll see how it goes. Hopefully no surprises.

Calories for yesterday: 1470 +
Weigh In: 152.2
Down: .2

I'll be back later.
Closed Thread