Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 08:37 AM   #46  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Novangel Congratulations! Great job sticking with it.

leonawoodridge Hi and Welcome to the check-in!
Old 10-02-2012, 09:24 AM   #47  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone! Thank you all for the congrats and compliments I almost wish that I had more before pictures to compare, but as far as I know that's the only one from my highest weight. I'm sure you all can relate with not letting people take your picture. I'm exited because now every pound I lose beings me into new territory. This is the lowest that I have ever weighed as an adult. : D I had a tiny gain this morning, but I'm sure it's from sodium. I had grilled cheese and tomato soup for dinner and a lot of popcorn. We had a movie night at my SIL's house.
Rainy here this morning so I'm not able to walk. Maybe I'll have a dance party with DD. Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-02-2012, 09:59 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 198/161/127 (started 03/2012)

Height: 5'1"

MamaKat I hope you guys figure out the culprit LOL I could suck one piece of popcorn and probably be happy, but I always end up getting it. Now no more SUGARED soda because you guys know the last few times have sucked. I dunno why I wasn't thoroughly impressed by Looper. It's weird usually I love those kinds of movies, but who knows MIL is a master spackler (so is DH). They have had to spackle walls with huge holes from tenants and stuff, but I learned they use newspaper sometimes to pack it. I can't explain it, but I remember it.

Bethedee your school sounds wonderful! You can get this, just set your mind to this is plan A, B, and C PERIOD, no other ways around it. When things are not an option, you can't get in trouble

Rasagolla that's what I always tell myself, no way did I eat 12K calories! I'm hoping to get to 159 too, at least, by the end of the month.

Woot IsabellaOlivia on almost finishing the program! That's awesome!

Amy I hope you're feeling bettter. Those migraines (I've had them) can just wear you out.

Misti at your meal. Sounds like you had a great day. WTG on the workout too.

Steph I hope your thigh feels the good sore or not sore at all today. on the 132!

4Keeps I hope you're not sore today either.

Diana I bet you're right! I am sure there is a lot more sodium in the movie popcorn than ANYTHING at home and I didn't add salt (usually I do). LOL I feel like a dunce not even thinking of that I also saw Lastics at Mary's...uh oh I think I want it. But I am going to attempt to hold off until a trade or some more stuff sells on Yayas as I really do NOT have time or need it. Good going on the planks! And I do think the weight gain is from TTOM. I am ALWAYS 2 pounds heavier for 2-5 days during it and that's the way it is for me.

NovaAngel you are starting out with a bang!

Shishkeberry what movies did you guys watch?

LeonaWoodridge! Balance is key in everything in my opinion too.

Yesterday I did RKS workout 1 (kettlebells). It is 30 seconds of work (2-handed swings) with 45 seconds of rest repeated 16 times (with a warmup and cooldown). Um I grabbed the 18 pound bell, thinking 'you got this' and started. Rounds 1 and 2 I was like "45 seconds? That's too long!" but by round 3 and the rest it was PERFECT amount of rest/work ratio. I did drop to 13 pounds later on because my form was going to get bad and that's not going to happen. I then followed up with week 9 of APY60 Calories not bad, 1297, and I try Amy's black bean enchilada thingie which was of course good. I wish I could afford everything Amy's
Old 10-02-2012, 10:07 AM   #49  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

We watched the Avengers. I'm not a huge movie buff so it was ho hum for me. It also took about twice as long to watch because the kids kept interrupting. (SIL's two and our two range from 12-2). I swear we had to pause that movie every ten minutes for something.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:27 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 170/160/145

Height: 5 foot 4

I just signed on here yesterday. I have been loosing weight though for the last 6 months. So far I have lost about 12 pounds. I feel better than I have felt in the past several years.

My goal is to be able to fit in my bridesmaid dress for a friends wedding Dec 1st (or half to have it take in )
Old 10-02-2012, 11:36 AM   #51  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Steph - I was from Maine and could never imagine running in 90 degree weather... but since living here for 7 years, I now can run if 106 or below. It really does feel cooler than you would imagine at that temperature. Anything above and it gets too hot and hard on my lungs though

Mamakat - Sending you happy thoughts and positive energy for a good appointment and only uncomfortable enough to make a positive difference for you

The change up this month is to eat more fruits and veggies (been slacking) and upping the exercise/movement a bit more. So far I am on target and hoping it will make a difference. Have a great day all!
Old 10-02-2012, 11:50 AM   #52  
On my way

S/C/G: 262/210/159

Height: 5'2"

Happy October!! How is everybody today? I'm feeling SO lethargic, I think it's because I'm coming down with something, but if that's the case my immune system is putting up quite a fight I'm reluctantly taking it easy today! Still at my desk at work, wish I was in bed napping (I never feel like that lol) Send me some energy guys!!!!
Old 10-02-2012, 01:33 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

Today, was my first day of quitting Diet Coke. I've had four cups of coffee today to try to counteract the caffeine withdrawal headache.

I feel so bleh. My head hurts like crazy, my eyes are watering, I feel grumpy and angry, my depression feels worse, lethargic, zero energy. And oh yeah, did I mention my head is consistently pounding.

This stuff is scaringly difficult to quit.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:51 PM   #54  
On my way

S/C/G: 262/210/159

Height: 5'2"

Isabella-Oh man, the diet coke thing is hard! My bet is it isn't the caffeine thing, it's all the chemicals combined that your brain loves. When I have quit before I felt like someone deprived me of sleep and beat me up! Give it 3 days, you won't believe how much easier it is!
Old 10-02-2012, 01:58 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mescelestus View Post
Isabella-Oh man, the diet coke thing is hard! My bet is it isn't the caffeine thing, it's all the chemicals combined that your brain loves. When I have quit before I felt like someone deprived me of sleep and beat me up! Give it 3 days, you won't believe how much easier it is!
I soooo hope that your prediction comes true.Because it's only been a day and I'm just GrumpyPants McGrumpy moodwise.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:29 PM   #56  

Good morning everyone!
IsabellaOlivia, hang in there. I tried quitting coffee and had similar effects. Will try again during winter break. I am cheering for you! Thank you for your words of support on my 5 pound goal
Welcome jenannerig and leonawoodridge !
Serenity, you were right, I am back on track to where I was last week
Diana Met-Rx is good. I had one in the morning for breakfast (about 280 calories plus my latte is 100 so I have about 380 for breakfast with just this) and one just as soon as I came home from work (200 calories because I have it in water instead of milk). I don’t feel the insane need to eat everything in sight after I am home until dinner is ready. It tastes okay not a big fan but I will try it this month because I am able to cut out 32 grams of carbs for breakfast.
My stats: ran outside 3.2 miles (it is so much more difficult than doing this neat treadmill for 4 miles- yay to technology!!, had protein and veggies for dinner, with ½ a cup of white rice. Weight 162.4.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:18 PM   #57  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Things got really interesting for me today. I started off a little sore from my workout yesterday and it progressed as the day went on. Basically everything is sore except for my extremities, above my neck, below my elbows, and below my knees.

I have been wanting a meatball sub. I haven't had one in years. As most of you know that I haven't had much variety of food in recent years due to my "food allergy" that ended up being Angio Edema.

I didn't want to make a meatball sub because we would never use all of the bread, etc. It would go to waste. I thought it was best to get a meatball sub out. The calories and sodium are horrible. I had a small kids meatball sub and later had some yogurt to try to fill up. It was good and I enjoyed it, but I can honestly say that I was not/am not satisfied. I am definitely a volume eater. DH also ordered a meatball sub, but it was a foot long. The bread in the meatball sub is not as big as for the regular subs. I swear I could eat 2 of the foot longs without a problem.

I always get full and satisfied when I eat a pile of veggies and a large portion of protein. A kids meatball sub is a joke, I tell you! I will take 2 foot long subs, thank you very much! I'm sure I could have lowered the calories but got more food if I had made it myself.

Shishkeberry Did you have the dance party with your DD? That sounds like it would be fun.

Serenity I'm thinking my gain was probably from pending TTOM or even from being sore from my workout yesterday. I wasn't very sore this morning, but it has gotten progressively worse as the day has went on. I've seen the Amy's products at Walmart. How does their price there compare to the regular frozen dinners? Also, look at the Amy's website. A lot of them have online coupons. I tried the Chobani blood orange yogurt and didn't like it. I didn't even like the plain yogurt on the top. I can eat Fage and Stonyfield Oikos plain yogurt without a problem. I like the taste just fine. Of course I prefer a flavor variety. Anyways, the Chobani plain yogurt on the top had a faint taste of goats cheese. Are you familiar with the strong flavor of goats cheese? I do not like it at all and the Chobani reminded me of that. Maybe it's just me.

Jenannerig Hi and Welcome to the check-in!

Itsmyturn Good job setting those goals! Gotta get those veggies in to fill'er up!

Mescelestus Hi Sending you some energy vibes! :

Isabella Sorry to hear about the diet coke withdrawals. I can't even imagine how my morning would be without my coffee. Hang in there.

Rasagolla Good job on the outdoor run! I find that mall walking is harder than doing a Leslie Sansone walking workout.

Last edited by Diana3271; 10-02-2012 at 08:23 PM.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:28 PM   #58  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1500 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (730 Calories)
Kids meatball sub 450 calories (For about 100 extra calories than what I had for dinner, I could have had a regular sub, but it would have been 2000 mcg of sodium. )
2 yogurts 280 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 55 EZ
#10 SDX Bonus Buns w/12's
Old 10-02-2012, 08:37 PM   #59  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

Diana, now you've got me thinking about a meatball sub. Anything with starch/tomato sauce/cheese works for me.

Isabella, good luck with your diet Coke detox. I'm glad that I've never liked soda because it seems like an easy thing to get hooked on.

I had a crazy weigh in this morning, 130.8. I'd love to think I lost a pound of fat overnight but I doubt it. I had a decent food day today (although too much chocolate) and did 40 minutes on the bike and 20 minutes on my stepper. My thigh is still tight but it's getting better. If only the weather would do the same!
Old 10-02-2012, 08:51 PM   #60  
Trying to live below 200

Steph Good job on the 130.8!
Closed Thread