Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 01:59 AM   #181  

Height: 5'8.5"

Thanks ladies... just to clarify I am far from "comfortable" with my photo... LOL I am fat. Just not humiliated beyond the ability to allow it to be posted.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:02 AM   #182  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Red face

Welcome Rachel, I hear ya about starting over, I have been there and done that. Believe in yourself! Think about why you want a positive change in your life.
You can do it

Dawn, thanks for the kind words. I am sorry about your kids having asthma. Do they see a pulmonologist? Those doctors specialize in lung and respiratory issues. I am seeing mine today and he is helpful. They can order specialized tests too. Good luck, feel free to private message me anytime

Diana, I am not sure if stress is contributing to my asthma or not but good thought there. I think the weather doesn't help.

Well tonight I am an insomniac due to my asthma meds revving me up. This is frustrating but I am breathing better, yay!

I will be sleep deprived at work but I will be at work finally, phew with doc notes in hand.

Take care

Amy

update- I decided to weigh myself early today to get a ballpark of what the doc's scale will say and I gained three pounds I called the 24 hour pharmacist and he said it could definitely be temporary water retention. Phew, temporary! I have been watching what I eat and will continue to do so on WW so I hope the weight will lessen or not jump much higher. SO frustrating but a relief that it is probably only temporary. It's just so irritating that I can't be very active to get the weight off- grr! I just have to keep believing in myself to ride out the highs and lows of life and of the scale LOL!

Last edited by seabiscuit; 10-10-2012 at 03:16 AM.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:16 AM   #183  
Mogzy

S/C/G: 160/147/135

Height: 5.4.5

MamaP your mother sounds like an amazing person, I hope you'll cope okay during this time and get some joy from your memories of her, however bittersweet.

SerenityDiva yep I like to keep really busy when I'm going through a healthy stage. Which I don't take for granted as I have a couple of chronic conditions to manage. Funny your husbands eating issues sound a little similar to mine, it is really tough and frustrating to inspire loved ones to be healthy. Mine is doing much better with eating and exercise but still smokes ):

Diana Zumba was quite fun, but I was pretty tired and must have looked something like a limp noodle.

Thanks for the welcomes! Managed to eat well and exercise plenty yesterday. Today is swimming later, which I find difficult, I'm not the best swimmer and find the combination of painful goggles, chlorine, sharing lanes with super strong swimmers and having to wear a swimming costume all quite daunting. It's supposedly the best exercise for me though so I've committed to going once a week despite my issues.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:10 AM   #184  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Angry

Hi everyone,

I don't mean to be a grouch this morning but I am definitely not in a good mood. I only got about a half hour of sleep total last night! GRRR! I feel so frustrated that my moods have been more labile with this asthma medicine and the weight gain I shared about earlier is really really ticking me off. I just want to lose this weight and move forward in my life but I feel like I have so many obstacles in my life, definitely not how I want my life to have turned out. Ok, I don't want to start crying again.

I am going to talk to the doc about the water retention and mood excitability today among other concerns.

I just feel so upset.

I have a post written in Depression and Weight Issues for anyone who is interested.

Thanks again everyone.

Have a good day.

Amy
Old 10-10-2012, 06:57 AM   #185  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone,

Thank you for all the well wishes, I'm still not feeling quite right, but I'm thinking and therapist agrees, its probably a bug that's messing with my head and body, since tummy is still upset and I'm not my norm as far as vertigo.

Diana My vertigo is in the brain...we've checked the ears, several times. It was triggered by Demerol. I took Demerol for my first colonoscopy in 2009, I believe. It nearly killed me (I wish I were joking). I couldn't move my eyeballs without vomiting. For 3 days, I vomited so much that I had nothing left in me to feed or hydrate me. They tried anti-vomiting meds (so not fun) and nothing. I had to lay on the floor because any slight movement of the bed would make me go off again. For years following, I'd get bouts of vertigo with no reasons so I had to start carrying around my med for that...just another form of prescription motion sickness med. If it's bad, I have to sit completely still and take the med...30 mins in between so that we know they are actually getting in and how many. They knock you right out after three BUT, what I'm dealing with now is lightheadedness, not dizzy spins, like when you've drank way too many tequilas SO definitely no Demerol for this chick.

Isabella I waaaant chocolate too. Yesterday we did the 'tapping' again, oh my gosh I felt like crap! I was in such a funk. I talked myself into the chocolate ice cream I've been craving. I said, one day won't kill me...I need a hug It was awful, BUT I had to pee and once home (after the potty) I just plopped down on the bed and cried some more...never got a hug, but DH brought me SF stouffer's chocolate mint patties...not the ice cream I wanted but you know, it was nice anyway. Hang in there. How are you doing with no Diet Coke...I don't know how you do it.

Misti I never let anyone take my pic, ever. And when they'd catch me off guard (usually MIL) I'd be eating! This woman used to do the whole, this is our vacation in an album and pass it around. OMG! We spent a summer with her and her DH at a cabin at a lake, the last time I ever wore a bathing suit. I wore it only to encourage the children in body image...what the heck was I think...near 300 pounds am I'm trying to teach my babies, it's all good no matter the size. My MIL got me in the suit, eating a hot dog! And yep, that got passed around. Some people only know/remember me by those pictures, so they are surprised when DH posts new pics of me on Facebook. Now I like seeing the changes, but boy I did not appreciate them years ago!

pluckypear welcome back, glad to have you.

rachel does Palmers really work? I look like I'm wearing a corduroy from head to toe, all different kinds of sizes and colors. I was wondering, if maybe your DH could be a workout buddy? I used to workout with a group of men from the Army...man, they are hardcore in the exercise, but very encouraging at the same time.

seabiscuit I hope your doctor brings you good news today. We fluctuate in water weight throughout the day. I fluctuate 4 pounds up and down. That's why I only take first morning weight and only count Mondays. Don't stress about it, if you know you are doing the right thing than it will come off. Sometimes it feels like everything is going wrong when it's our bodies, getting confused about what's going right. Give yourself time to adjust...like for instance when we stop a habit...smoking, diet coke...we feel like crap to the point it feels like death, but we know it's good for us and eventually it will even out. You are giving your body a chance at life, don't give up and remember you are worth the effort. Cry all you want, it's therapeutic, it relieves stress and it sounds like right now things are stressful.

OK, my personal time was eaten up by my chatty son, who is never chatty, so I had to listen (I love him ). I'm sorry I didn't get to everyone, good morning to all of you. I will try to stop back later to give a special hi to everyone For now, my cab needs to be put into motion.

Have a wonderful and healthy day!
Old 10-10-2012, 07:19 AM   #186  

Height: 5'8.5"

Good morning, all! Yay, my ticker finally went down. And it is 247.0 so there is still a chance later while getting ready for work that it will hit 246! I have my new mini-ticker all picked out! Only 17 pounds now before I can go back to the surgeon for this breast reduction!

Mamakat, I think it is unbelievably rude to take someone's photo without their permission and when you know they do not want it -- especially the "sneak" unflattering ones. Even moreso to post them online or pass them around. I have made people take mine off of Facebook.

I hate to wear swimsuit also but I'll do it to get thin! Also, I made my own which is less brief and to hold in my mega boobs. Black biker shorts and silky type tank top (the kind you wear under sheer blouses) and can wear a black bra with it. Works for me!! It is embarrassing to be so fat and wear it but I figure at least I am trying to do something about it!!

Have a successful day, everyone!!!

Edited to add: Yipppeeeee here is 246!!!! No time to trade in the mini ticker for a new one but you can be sure I will remember to do it tonight LOLOLOL. There is actually a "3" in the middle of my goal mini ticker!! Just have to get there

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 10-10-2012 at 07:42 AM.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:46 AM   #187  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

TTOM is kicking my butt and I have the sleepy's this morning. I'm thinking this is NOT going to be one of those never ending 2+ week TTOM's though! If it's a normal TTOM, to me, that means that it was longer earlier this year because my thyroid meds were too low.

Calories for yesterday: 1470 +
Weigh In: 152.4 (TTOM)
Up: .4

I'll be back later to do personals.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:10 AM   #188  

S/C/G: 252/234/145

Height: 5'7"

@dawn That's the thing, he's gained weight in a badddd way like myself from our diet. He works out nearly 4-6 times a week, but his crappy eating cancels it out so he's gained. They are only on his tummy so it's def from weight gain. I do know even if you gain muscle you can get stretchmarks, or grow, etc. I needed to see them though because I've been ignoring the dramatic and quick change in us both. We've only recently added extra pounds in the past few months. I've always been big, but I've been the same size for years after losing before. I'm 15lbs away from being at my highest weight lol.
@seabiscuitYes, we can!

@mamakat
We've tried that before and I believe I need to be up a few notches in the fitness aspect because he kicks my butt, but he's overly encouraging and it only just annoys me lol. If that makes sense? About the Palmer's I hear it does work but you have to use it daily. It's mainly to prevent stretchmarks. Lots of expecting mothers use it to prevent them but it has vitamin E oil in it which helps to heal scars.

**I woke up at 8am this morning. It's special to me because I promised myself last night I would. I want to make a habit of waking up early, working out, and being productive. I'm starting up a business so eventually 8am will have to turn into 5:30am possibly just to get a work out in but I'm okay with that. I woke up, ate breakfast, and now off to the gym!** have a great day ladies!
Old 10-10-2012, 10:58 AM   #189  

S/C/G: 198/161/127 (started 03/2012)

Height: 5'1"

Mescelestusawe thanks and take care of yourself. I notice I get sicker when the weather changes, from hot to cold and vice-versa. I *do* need to get a flu shot. I didn't ever have one until last year because the year before we had the flu from ****. I had a temp of nearly 103 for three days, I don't remember how the kids got to and from school, ate (my daughter then 13 apparently made dinners) as both me and my husband were sick. The next year (last fall) as soon as flu shots were available...I was there. Hit me like a ton of bricks I remember being at physical therapy and feeling "off" and they mentioned the flu. We had to go do a home inspection on a house we were buying and DH was already feeling crappy the night before, and by the time we got home full on hit. It's terrible! I hope you feel better sooner.

Masterptr yay on the 8 miles! Hopefully things will be under control as far as food

Dawnrnay LOL I'm in Collin County so different area, but still closer than not in DFW at all right? I am so glad to have been fortunate enough to quit my job, it literally was killing my spirit and any movement physically obviously. I know I sound hippy drippy, but it's how I felt/feel. Hopefully your zipper is unsticking more and more each day

back PluckyPear. I'm sorry about the flu, it's that time of year. Do keep checking in, you can do this and especially this site helps with motivation and even a kick in the butt, and you know what? Everyone I've found inspires me in different ways here.

MamaP on your mother's passing. Take care of you! And like many of us have said, not everyone has time for personals--they are not necessary! Everyone has different needs and time and what not, it's all good!

Amy I think Plano is 5-10 miles from Dallas proper? I used to live there and my doctor's was in Dallas and it took maybe 15 minutes? Ugh about the asthma. I do know for my dad (diagnosed with asthma after taking a medication that supposedly caused it) was told during colder weather it WILL flare more. Scary, but he deals with it okay I guess. It is VERY hard sometimes for me especially in the beginning of this journey. I hear your frustration and I'll check out your post in the other forum in a few.

IsabellaOliva currently I do DVDs. I've done some classes before but honestly I'm too lazy to get dressed, drive there, and go back home. Plus I hate investing in newer clothes for working out in public, I mismatch at home LOL. I aim for 45-90 minutes of yoga seven days a week because ultimately you know I'll take a rest day as needed, but the 7 days thing isn't always power yoga..sometimes it's yin which is basically a few simple poses held for 2-10 minutes each. Have you tried the chocolate or hazelnut coffees and/or teas? I know some people like them (I find them gross) but if it helps a chocolate craving, go for it?

Misti on the Facebook pictures! It is VERY hard even if you get down to a size 0 to overcome the "I am fat" mentality and allow pictures to be posted for some of us (me included)..it's a huge step AND you're seeing the difference is also AWESOME!!

Diana I thought about dental x-rays especially with the appointment coming up (although I think I did x-rays last year and insurance pays once every 2 years unless there is a problem). Hopefully I will remember to ask then right? LOL. OMG about KCM. I get really irritated by workouts that request like 200 pieces of equipment. Back in the day (i.e., mid 1990s) I didn't mind, but now I do not want to spend 20 minutes "setting up" and taking down a workout. I have tons of equipment and guess what? Having it didn't make me stronger, just more cluttered. I remember getting super frustrated when the Firm et al started adding 5+ pieces per workout, crazy. Awesome on jumping rope! That's hard for me, in fact I don't do it at all anymore. I had the jump something, the one that's blue and white with handles and no rope, but sent it to a VFer because I didn't use it and she was looking (and I've "known" her online 10+ years).

Rachello, Dawnrnay is right, skinny people can have them too. I remember when I was around 16 and one of my friend's moms had really nasty stretch marks to me at the time (16 and superficial right?). I remember her daughters always making fun of them and her husband said "but they are battle scars of the woman you are" and even at 16 I thought that was romantic (yeah 16 LOL) but you know he was right. I have them and wouldn't have surgery to remove them (mostly because I hate pain and I'm cheap as far as that--I'd rather spend the money to travel or pay down the house), but yeah I don't like show them off either LOL. My husband (exmilitary) has gained a lot since we got married, but it's on him. He knows what to do to be thinner and healthier--he chooses not to. I do make healthy food 90% of the time so maybe you can see what you're making maybe and switch it around? It might just be age too...aging blows sometimes What's your new business?

Mogzillo LOL yep all I can do is try my best and hope that rubs off on the husband WTG on the swimming. I hear you on the uncomfortable goggles. I swam without them as a kid, but now I can't and my kids won't swim without goggles. It's funny they have all these "things" they need to swim and I remember just getting a suit and sunscreen on and going at their age.

Ugh MamaKat your MIL sounds like a peach with regards to picture taking. I hate that. My mom is like that, but she will purposefully take pictures of you waking up or with food in your mouth. She gets off on making people, especially females, look bad.

Yesterday high calories 1779 for me and most of it was not healthy or as healthy as it could have been I should say. I did 25 minutes on the bike and an hour of yoga too. I will have to admit I'll be kind of glad when APY60 is over, the thing is you get up and do the morning blend which is 10-20 minutes--this week 20 minutes. So I do that usually before eating and while getting the kids ready, the dog out (he is 15-16 years old and we have to do make sure he goes out when he needs to or he can't hold it long) and all this stuff, so it's stressing me out to do that. Three more days (I already did the morning blend this morning) and then back to my regularly scheduled program LOL.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:01 AM   #190  

S/C/G: 221/205/145

Height: 5'3"

Good morning to everyone! I hope you all have a wonderful and positive day!

Diana- Seeing your weight loss and what you have accomplished is very motivating!!

seabiscuit- when my 18 year old son was around 8 they referred him to a allergy doctor. They put him on a breathing machine then just the inhaler, later just allergy meds. And he rarely ever has an attack anymore. I think it's called allergy asthma. Not as servere, but I feel for anyone who has issues with breathing. It's just so sad to see people suffer from this. I hope you feel better! And I know how you feel about the weight gain. It happens. Just stay positive. Weight loss may not happen immediately, but it will happen. And then you will be thankful you didn't give up and have to restart! I can't belive 3 years ago I was so close to being under 200 lbs, but I just gave up because I didn't see any weight loss for 4 weeks straight! Thing is, I wasn't eating what my body needed to lose this weight. I am so angry because I could have hit my goal weight. I let the negative take over and I didn't stay positive. Please please don't give up! When you feel like you hit rock bottom with your weight, try to keep your head up because you are closer RIGHT NOW than you would be 3 years from now! You can do it. Try not to let everyday life stand in your way of being a healthier you. I don't know when I will be able to pm, but when I do, me and you will need to chat!
Old 10-10-2012, 11:46 AM   #191  
On my way

S/C/G: 262/210/159

Height: 5'2"

Serenity I am all of a sudden feeling like 80% better this morning!! Breathing out of my nose and all! I guess it was just a really aggressive head cold. (and how funny I should feel better now, I stayed out all night w a guy friend who works at a bar, and even drank a beer) Back to the gym this evening

Diana the well wishes must have worked I'm feeling great! I hope you're feeling great too!
Old 10-10-2012, 01:59 PM   #192  

S/C/G: 252/234/145

Height: 5'7"

@Serinity
He's only 26 so it's not aging, he just let his belly lap over haha. I see the connection with batter scars from mothers, and skinny people do have them. Anyone can get them when they get taller, or gain, etc. Ours are for neglecting our bodies which is why it made me think twice.

To answer your question, I just started a residential cleaning business specializing in aromatherapy and green cleaning so I'm really looking forward to throwing myself in that. I scrubbed my shower yesterday, I can't imagine doing that 2-4 times a day but I'm excited to try!
Old 10-10-2012, 02:26 PM   #193  
Warrior Princess

Bought myself a nice fleece ear band so no more ear aches in the cold. Next I have to get lycra bottoms and probably gloves and I'm set for November.

Right now I have some things to do so either a jog or Jillian later. One or the other. BBL.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:33 PM   #194  
To the Future

S/C/G: 230/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Diana-what happened to the old crew and daily weighing thread? I can't find it anywhere.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:04 PM   #195  

S/C/G: 198/161/127 (started 03/2012)

Height: 5'1"

Mescelestus glad you are feeling better

Rachello I think that would do well! I know in our area that's something that the cleaning services DO advertise and if I was hiring, I'd look for that because of the environment AND our pets (and of course the children ) Ok get this, the friend whose mom has the battle scars, she owned a cleaning service when she got out of high school. She did REALLY well financially then (I have not talked to her in a long time) and she said it was second nature to just clean, she wasn't out of shape or more in shape then, ah to be 19 again.

NovaAngel yay for fleece!
Closed Thread