Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 11:45 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 198/161/127 (started 03/2012)

Height: 5'1"

Oh MamaKat vertigo and nausea are the WORST! I hope it gets better. I don't have many days like that, but when I do ARGH. I just want to lay down because I hate feeling lightheaded...and the nausea....I hate throwing up. I don't know what "true" vertigo is necessarily, but it sounds crappy enough. Mustard and fish? Never heard of that, but I do know we lived in a rental once that was later found to have toxic and allergic mold and I lost my taste of smell. The ONLY thing I could taste were dill pickle chips. It took months to get things to normal for me and our dog never fully recovered (he lost most of his coat).

Amy you'll figure it out I have no doubts. Sorry you can't take today off too.

LOL Steph my husband tried to invent a way I could work standing up. I did (until May) medical transcription for 20+ years, the last 15 or so completely at home. Well standing and using a foot pedal and all that...so not gonna happen. I sometimes wish I kept my first job, in house, half transcription and half charting because at least I was running around. WTG on the workouts!

Masterptr

Diana I totally forgot to ask yesterday too! Oh well hopefully not a big deal.

Dawnrnay I am loving the weather! It's funny after the kids I usually was more active, but got to be a slug (I wrote above I was doing transcription 20+ years--so sitting all day long) and I know that is one of the huge contributors to my weight gain. I knew it was bad when I would have like things arranged so I didn't have to get up out of my desk chair...pathetic LOL.

Rachellosesitall you CAN definitely do that or darn near 85. Just keep yourself honest and you'll get there!

Misti good to see you! You've been busy and I think that's a good thing personally

Mogzillo you sound busy too! That's good LOL my husband gets in a BAD mood too. I do know he was raised that his mom gave them (and still does) sweets to appease them and I think that he's connected food/sweets with feeling better so he does that when moody too instead of something else. I wish I could say he could put it away (he's 6 foot even) but he can't he's heavier than he ought to be.

Yesterday the 30 minute Skogg instructional. I decided that RKS is good, but everyone I know has a huge love of Skogg (kettlebells) an one of my good online friends has lost a LOT (I think 120 pounds) with that and diet alone. So while I know it's "only six moves over and over" I figured for *me* KISS is better than attempting stuff that might be out of my league for now. Either way you guys know me keep moving I did 1468 calories yesterday and yoga as well.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:13 PM   #167  
On my way

S/C/G: 262/210/159

Height: 5'2"

Serenity, Steph, Diana Isabella Thanks for the well wishes!!! Sorry I've been MIA when I'm not at work I am not on the computer. I think this very well could be the flu; I'm weak and have the chills and I'm exhausted! I CAN'T take any time off from work though :/ This is the first time I'm sick in a year so I'm due one...but it came when I was doing so well. I can't work out how I usually do, and keeping my eating in check when I'm sick may as well be a fairy tale. But I'm assuming come the weekend I'll be better How are you guys? How were your weekends?
Old 10-09-2012, 12:17 PM   #168  
Angela

S/C/G: 155/138/126

Height: 5'6"

Hi
my last weened was finally OK after the TOM
I started walking 8 miles in the morning this week and today,
I felt a little tired but finished the walk.
feeling tired probably because I have been eating with PMS and now that I am trying to control my food intake again, it will take a few days to get used. to.
Have a good one Everyone!
Old 10-09-2012, 12:26 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 221/205/145

Height: 5'3"

Hi Rachell, welcome! Good luck with your weight loss journey.

Hello Seabiscuit! I absolutely love North Texas. I don't live in Dallas, I am actually closer to Fort Worth, in Keller. The weather takes some getting used to here. Summers are too hot! What's Pennsylvania weather like? I bet it's beautiful there!

MamaKat- I try very hard to eat a low carb, sugar free, grain/ gluten free, and legume free diet. I looked up Maria's books in my library and they don't have them at mine. BUT, if you read her blogs, website or even her facebook, you wont need the books right away. She is a nutritionist so she has so much useful info about foods and why you shouldn't eat something. It's one thing for someone to say "you shouldn't eat that", but another when they explain why. Anyway I base my recipes on hers, you can find a lot for free on her website. I don't crave potatoes at all anymore. In fact I tasted some i made for my husband and kids and I wrinkled my nose lol. I guess I'm used to cauliflower. I used to drink coke zero a lot! But I just stopped buying it and with it out of site I don't miss it. I have bought Zevia. It's 0 calories and made with stevia. Tastes fine to me. They have different fizzy flavors. And it's all natural. Hope you are feeling better with the vertigo!

serenitydiva I can relate! When I worked, (it's been 6 years since I decided to stay home with my kids) I had a job where I sat at a desk. I think it made me lazy. I still get sluggish and like to sit. I need to work on that!

Hoping today I can exercise two hours...I'm thinking about splitting it up and not doing it all at once!

Last edited by dawnrnay3; 10-09-2012 at 12:39 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:45 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Height: 5'4"

Hello. I have been gone for 5 months and felt lost. I am back on the journey to health finding my way. I miss how encouraging people were here. I have been off of work with arthritic knees and waiting on work to find a new position for me and job searching in the meantime.
I have the flu and have for 3 days now. I feel lethargic and did not go to aqua fitness today. On the plus side I am back and on the wagon.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:02 PM   #171  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Although I am not sure how consistent I will be or how well I will do with personals, I am back. I will just need to take it one day at a time . . . I've already blown today :-). My eating habits had not been very good for quite some time, but really tanked after my mom had her stroke. I know I need to do better . . . my mom would want me to take care of myself.

My beautiful mom entered the gates of heaven on Saturday, September 29. She is now whole, healthy and no longer in pain. She left this world surrounded by loved ones who will miss her greatly but she was greeted by loved ones who have gone before her. What an honor it was to be able to spend her final days with her showing her how much she was truly loved and cherished. I had stayed overnight with her in the hospital the night before she passed away and was holding her hand when she took her final breath. My heart is both sad and happy. Sad for those of us left behind but happy for my mom that she is reunited with my dad, my sister and other loved ones and they are rejoicing in heaven. Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers over the past weeks and days. It is greatly appreciated.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:18 PM   #172  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Talking

Hi everyone,

As always, I greatly appreciate everyone's support

Unfortunately, this morning I had another asthma attack! I'm not really sure what is causing this. I see my lung doc tomorrow after work. This attack was slightly worse than yesterday's and I had tried the home treatments so I called the same doc on call and went back to the ER. They were very nice but I am getting SO tired of not feeling well. I feel better now though, not 100% but getting closer.

I plan on going to work tomorrow, three days off is grounds for dismissal without a doc's note but I have had only two days off and have two doc's notes. My bosses have seemed understanding.

I didn't track my points today, but I think I did pretty well thus far. I have been meaning to track but in light of the crazy situation with my health, I think it is okay to skip my point tracking for a day, although I want to get back on track with that.

I went to physical therapy for my neck and back tonight and it felt really good to be at least slightly active without having an attack even though it was really only stretches and electric stimulation.

Dawn, I am glad you enjoy TX, I have family in Plano. I would love to go back to visit to get back to my roots... How far is Plano from the DFW area?
PA is fun and beautiful yes! Thanks for asking

Thanks everyone again for all your kindness

Take care and have a great evening, I'll probably pop back in later or tomorrow provided my internet is up. It was really weird, last night my internet went off in the middle of the night, I think the internet company was working on technical issues. I'll keep my fingers crossed for connection, I love this thread!!
Old 10-09-2012, 05:46 PM   #173  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

Silly Rabbit:

Novangel: That sounds like a good plan.

Mamakat: I hope you feel better.

Seabiscuit: Take care. Don't stress about not feeling good enough to workout. It's only for a week.

Diana: Good job.

Rachel:

Misti: Hope you had a good time on your trip

Mozgillo: Hello

SerenityDiva: Nicely done on all the activity. Do you do Yoga Dvds or take classes?

Pluckypear: Welcome back!

MamaP: I'm so sorry for your loss.

Calories: 1403
Activity: 53 min walk

I waaant chocolate. I really really want chocolate. But I'm not going to have it. I'm going to try distracting myself with something else.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:43 PM   #174  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

MamaP-

My most heartfelt condolences.

Amy
Old 10-09-2012, 08:42 PM   #175  
Warrior Princess

Sorry MamaP losing Mom is very hard.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:00 PM   #176  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi everyone

Got through all my reading your posts and trying to get back into the swing of things. I stayed on track with my eating today.... too "out of it" to post the details LOL but I would not be ashamed to, ha. I wanted to be sure to post though, as I don't want to get out of the habit and mess up!!

to the newbies... and best wishes to all of you!

Edited to add: Oh! I should say this... at the church reunion someone was taking photos of everyone and even though I am still fat and embarrassed... especially these massive boobs... I was "okay' with letting her post them in an album on Facebook. I was actually surprised to see how much smaller I look in the photos than I did just a few months ago.

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 10-09-2012 at 09:02 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:32 PM   #177  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Dawn It won't take long and you will be out of the 200's. I remember that was a major accomplishment for myself. I would split up the workouts, if you can. Maybe do some in the AM and PM. It will give you time to recover and re-energize.

Seabiscuit I wonder if stress is causing the issues with asthma?

Mamakat How did you feel today? I'm curious if you have an inner ear issue?

Misti Good job on maintaining while you were away. Congrats on the NSV of feeling comfortable with your pictures.

Mogzillo I hope you had fun today Zumba(ing) with your friends.

Serentiy I posted this at my check-in at VF. A friend there suggested the thyroid protector originally. This morning I went for my yearly mammogram. I mentioned the thyroid/throat protector. They had one and used it on me. They wanted to mention ahead of time that we might have to take extra views if the protector got in the way. It didn't and everthing went well. The tech said that some people have problems with the protector because their neck is shorter and/or they are not as flexible. I was able to maneuver around how she needed me to do. Also, she mentioned that the protector is not as necessary with the mammogram because their machine has some brackets/pieces already in place. She said they they are more important with dental x-rays. Something about the scatter field () being greater with those machines vs. the mammogram machine. I will request the protector when I need dental x-rays the next time, too.

I would also suggest this at your dental appointments. They always use the chest protector.

I prefer to keep things simple, too. That's why I prefer basic lifting. I don't like it in the first place. No need to confuse things or risk getting hurt. I have issues with KCM's weight work. She does all kinds of weird moves.

Mescelestus I hope you start feeling better soon. My weekend was good. Looking forward to the next one.

Masterptr Awesome job on the 8 miles!

Pluckypear Good to see you check in. So sorry about you having the flu. It must be going around already. Good job on getting back on track.

Kris I was so sorry to hear about you losing your Mom. Please come and post whenever you like or get a chance. I know what you are going through is very difficult. Your Mom would want you to take care of yourself. You also have those little ones to think of. I can honestly say there is nothing like losing a Mom. It is one of the hardest things ever. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Isabella Good job on that walk! Are you able to have a small piece of chocolate or will that cause more problems for you?

Last edited by Diana3271; 10-09-2012 at 09:33 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:36 PM   #178  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Total Approx 1470 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Baked chicken leg quarter 400 calories
turnip greens 100 calories
green beans 100 calories
steamed cabbage 100 calories

Exercise:
The Firm Super Body Sculpt - Upper Body w/12's
TF Fire 45 EZ w/weighted gloves
1000 Jump Ropes
Old 10-09-2012, 10:37 PM   #179  

S/C/G: 252/234/145

Height: 5'7"

Thanks ladies for the welcome. Today was blah, I only ate two meals today so I'm under calorie but we haven't gone grocery shopping so there's not much to do about that until we do.

I keep starting over, and I hate that. I just want to convince myself that I can do it and actually do it. It's harder because my husband eats what he wants but is physical almost daily because he's military. I feel bad and may have had another wake up moment because I noticed he's gained some weight and on his belly (which used to be flat) he has FRESH stretch marks!

I almost cried for him, he thought they were just scratches but they aren't. I'm gonna try and make them less visible by getting him some palmers but I can't help but blame myself. Seeing him getting bigger makes me want to care for him and force us both to get into shape. Of course I can't force anyone to eat better, but I can incorporate more healthy foods and make an example of myself. I have a body covered with stretch marks and they are light because I'm darker skinned. Of course they are so old, they can't go away unless I get laser treatments or something. I don't want him to have insecurities about his body because he's ignoring his bad eating habits and gaining.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:09 AM   #180  

S/C/G: 221/205/145

Height: 5'3"

Hi Pluckypear welcome back. It doesn't matter that you fell off, what matters is how quickly you are willing to get back up. You can do it!

MamaP- I'm so very sorry for your loss. I send prayers your way.

Misti- My pic that I have as my 3FC profile, my sister in law took and tagged me in facebook. I cried. And cried. I cried because I swear I didn't know I was "that" fat. When I looked in my mirror I thought I was just overweight. But that was such a wakeup call. I can't wait to see what I look like skinny..er.

seabiscuit- I hope you're feeling better. Asthma is aweful, my 18 year old has it, we think my 6 year old may have it too. I think we are about 40-45 minutes from Plano. I am in Keller which is closer to Fort Worth than Dallas.

Diana- Thanks for your encouragement!

Rachell, Even skinny people get stretch marks. Could be that some people have skin that stretches better than others. But to remove them I hear hurts!

I stayed under 1500 calories and exercised for 1hr 35 minutes on the elliptical...I get more and more excited when I think about taking off this fat suit, I swear the zipper is stuck!
Closed Thread