Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 10:03 PM   #136  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

seabiscuit Instead of eating 3 regular meals, do you prefer to eat 5 or 6 smaller meals a day? If so, you should be able to make a plan around that. You count points, right? Divide you points up between X number of meals. Plan each mini meal to have a small serving of protein, veggie, etc. If you don't like regular veggies, find a veggie drink, etc that you will like. This is not perfect, but it's better than not getting the veggies at all. Also, try a few different veggies. You might find something that you actually like.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:07 PM   #137  
Warrior Princess

Hey everyone, just checking in. I got Jillian done but had some pizza for dinner and now I'm a little sodium bloated. Off to drink water.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:12 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 221/205/145

Height: 5'3"

Hello my name is Dawn. I started on 9-22-12 and weighed in at 221. Today my weight was 210. My day pretty much looks like this: (I know it may look strange, but I guess for me it works)

8am: (I'm working on getting up earlier, baby steps) Work out for 60 mins on elliptical
9am: Breakfast: 1 "smoothie" (1 cup Unsweetened plain Almond milk, 1 TBS coconut oil, 1TBS flax meal, 1 TBSP Coconut Flour, 1 packet stevia)
11am: Lunch: 1 meat (usually chicken) & Cauliflower mash (made with butter, almond milk and cheese)
4pm: Snack, coconut water with no grain crackers (homemade, with coconut or almond flour) with cream cheese or salsa. (**sometimes I don't have a snack)
6pm: Dinner: Meat of choice, salad or soup also homemade, veggies & cauliflower "rice"
If later I am still feeling like "snacking" I drink a herbal tea.
I try to keep my food to less than 1500 a day.

**Sometimes I add walking on my treadmill for 30-60 mins (so this is a total of almost 2 hrs exercise) and so I don't have time for that snack.

I'm sure it may look like I am not getting enough calories or maybe it looks like I am exercising too much. BUT I am pretty much sedetary so I have to throw in as much exercise as I can, or else I wont lose any weight. I always get enough calories, thats why I add the coconut oil & coconut flour.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:36 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 208/136/127

Height: 5' 5"

It finally feels like Fall! It went from the 170's to the 150's overnight! My DD and I went for a walk and had to wear coats. The leaves on the trees were beautiful! I love this weather and can't wait to take another long walk tomorrow. I'm on my TOM, so my weight is up. I just need to stop giving into my cravings!

I canned pumpkin on Friday, and my DD and I made pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting yesterday. Mmmm.....not good for my calories! We gave half away, my DH ate a huge piece, and there is still enough left that I'm struggling! I ate one piece yesterday, avoided it today, and am going to send it to work with my DH tomorrow. I REALLY want to just heat it up and eat it, though. I can do this! Next time I'm going to make something healthier...a fruit bowl perhaps tomorrow!

Ok, I'm headed downstairs for a midnight snack of fruit...all this talk about what I'm avoiding is driving me crazy! Have a wonderful start to your week, everyone!

Last edited by 4 keeps; 10-08-2012 at 12:41 AM.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:13 AM   #140  

S/C/G: 208/136/127

Height: 5' 5"

Dawn! I know you'll love this thread and how encouraging everyone is! Diana does a wonderful job cheering us on through our journeys to become healthier!

Well, I went downstairs, cut up a pineapple, and informed my DH that he needs to take the cake to work. There...now I'll have it out of the house, arti I have lovely pineapple to snack on when I get my sweets craving. Goodnight...it's now after 1am, but I feel good about starting my week temptation free!
Old 10-08-2012, 02:32 AM   #141  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Red face

Hi everyone,

I sure am tired. I had a mini asthma attack so I went to the ER again and got a neb. treatment, and meds, am not going to work tomorrow, am going to try to see a doc instead.

Diana, Thanks for the support. I haven't been tracking lately but will start again soon. Typically I eat 3 meals with snacks.

Welcome Dawn! How cool that you're from the DFW area of TX, I was born in Dallas When I was young my Dad's job moved my family up northeast but I have gone back once to visit. Anyways, this is a great thread and forum! Enjoy!

4keeps, canning pumpkin sounds like fun Good job on telling your hubby to take the cake to work I am also in PA now, in Bucks County, a beautiful area.

Have a great day everyone!

Amy

Last edited by seabiscuit; 10-08-2012 at 02:33 AM.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:00 AM   #142  
Mogzy

S/C/G: 160/147/135

Height: 5.4.5

Serenitydiva, Yeah it's not the calories that bother me, (managed to stay under 1500 all weekend) but the lack of nutritional value as you pointed out, not the best habit, I'm getting there though, gone from a daily non-nutritional sweet to about twice a week. The true victory for me though will be when I can stop craving sweets in the evenings.

Worththeeffort2 programming the calories of a treat into the exercise machine seems like a good strategy, well done for not caving.

Today I'm doing a 20 hour fast, (including sleep time) I've started doing this once or twice a week to remind myself what real hunger feels like. It's tough though and I have a 2000 word case study to finish for work so may eat early if the hunger is affecting my concentration too much.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:09 AM   #143  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! Let's make it a great week!

I finished closing out my monthly books over the weekend. I will start going through all of my Mom's paperwork this week. It takes up the whole trunk of my car and 1/2 of the back seat. I am going to try to shred what needs to be shredded on my own. If that gets too overwhelming I take it all to the community shredding event on the 18th. Standing in line with all of that stuff overwhelms me even more.

I will be back later for personals.

Calories for yesterday: 1538 +
Weigh In: 151.2 (TTOM)
Down: 1 pound

dawnrnay3 Hi and Welcome to the check-in!
Old 10-08-2012, 08:07 AM   #144  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Monday Morning WI 176.6 down 2.4lbs...finally.

I'm still not moving or eating regularly...I eat when hungry though. I'm craving chocolate ice cream, something fierce. I don't usually crave chocolate of any kind, but we've been trying to think of something to help with the cravings. It's hard to find low carb yummy chocolate treats and the SF pudding packs tear up my tummy...which hasn't recovered yet

Isabella Yes, to your question about my depression. I have only known this as my "norm" feeling as I had no joy growing up. We are trying to pinpoint one happy memory, but have yet to find one...that's sad and it leads to this kind of mood, I guess. So although, it would be considered clinical depression for most, for me, it's normal. I get asked like 4 questions when I enter any doctors office...How am I? Do I feel like harming myself or others? Am I sleeping? And, can I find joy (even if it's short term and a book or video)? If I can answer those on a positive note, the fact that I haven't showered, brushed my teeth or eaten enough (as long as I'm eating) doesn't concern them as much. For others, doctors would worry, but for me, it's not unusual. When I can not find joy is when they get concerned...joy is a hard one for me. And normally, I find it in exercise, but right now I'm only finding it in writing which is still okay.

Diana I'd say send all that paper my way, man, shredded paper is the best when it comes to rats. They love it way more than their bedding and it's free I have never heard of community shredding, sounds interesting. Promotes recycling, yes? DH bought me a shredder for Xmas last year don't ask me why, I can't remember if I said I wanted one or not. I ask for the weirdest things...but I use it! I love shredding...call me crazy

seabiscuit I hope you feel better today. Take care of yourself

4 Keeps Pumpkin cake? Sounds divine. I miss cake so much. This will be my second year going without pumpkin pie for the holidays...man, so unfair. I would have devoured that cake then paid for it later. I'm so glad I don't bake, I'd be in serious danger...I love pineapples, too. Did DH take the cake with him?

Dawn I thought everything looked yummy and healthy. Are you gluten intolerant...I have Celiac's disease, so no gluten for me. Your mashed cauliflower sounds awesome!

Steph WTG on the size 6 pants...we've had vanity sizes for years now, so aren't they standard by now...size 6, awesome. My lowest was an 8, I'd be way happy to see that again. Great job.

So DD has encouraged me to put my writing out on the internet. She's part of this forum or site (aren't I internet savvy?). She showed me around yesterday and told me to post 2 chapters at a time, giving the reader tastes I'm gonna wait til I get feed back. Once it's out there, I fear anyone can grab it, although, there are copyright laws attached. Nail biting...I don't usually share mah stuff, but DD is letting me read the latest novel to her and she keeps complimenting me, this sounds like a real book, you should publish. She's in awe, I can write complete works. She starts then gets bored and never knows where to go next while I, of course, plan the whole thing out before written. I told her, at her age, I did the same thing. My first complete novel was written at 15, but I threw it away due to religious reasons...ugh, my first novel!

Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day!

Last edited by mamakat; 10-08-2012 at 08:11 AM.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:51 AM   #145  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Red face

mamakat, thanks for the !

I am tired and not really feeling myself so I'm taking the day off, my boss is understanding about this health issue, thank God. I am seeing my family medicine doc at noon. I hope I feel better soon.

I started tracking again this morning and it feels good to slowly get back on track. I even added a little fruit in, some blueberries on my nutrigrain waffles with lite syrup.

Yawn, boy am I tired.

Have a good day!

Amy
Old 10-08-2012, 10:54 AM   #146  

S/C/G: 198/161/127 (started 03/2012)

Height: 5'1"

LOL Steph our female is the worst. She won't even bury her stuff. They are big cats (15 and 20 pounds) and we use a deep big litter box, as well as a Booda. She will use clay or scoopable litter, but nothing else. Regardless, she's a slob. My nearly 3-year-old is and always has been good about that. He's a sweetheart. So is my girl, but just messier. I hope work isn't too terrible and it goes by fast!

IsabellaOlivia you are inspiring too!

Thanks Diana I will ask about it, apparently it's usually there but not common to be used? I don't see why not it can't harm you being used but the jury is out if it helps you. Still if it can't harm you, why don't they use it? It may be the core, but I dunno because I've been doing bells for what 3 weeks now and this is all of a sudden...who knows. Hopefully it will abate soon because I still get it in certain positions.

Amy what helps me is NOT having junk in the house. Sure it sucks for other people, but they don't NEED it either (my husband needs to lose a lot of weight and my kids don't need the crappy foods in the house as far as I'm concerned). Otherwise I do lower calorie options but after awhile I don't have snack cravings except for healthy things so it may be just a matter of time? Obviously Diana's suggestions are great too! I learned to love..okay like...fruit. I love veggies so I can use them a lot! Amy I hope the doctor's appointment helps.

Yay on the Jillian NovaAngel!

Welcome Dawnrnay3 to *me* your plan looks fine. Remember they are finding out more and more that the obligatory 30 minutes of exercise 3 days a week is NOT ENOUGH for weight loss, and even health. Two hours seems like a lot to some folk, but to me unless you've got some super physical job I don't feel it's "too" much. YMMV and I'm sure you will get criticism from some, but I feel we don't move enough in life. WTG on the weight loss so far!!! I live north of Dallas

4keeps good to "see" you! I love pumpkin and cream cheese, there is a lady here who does a roll yearly like that and I will eat it when she does, but not a lot because it's too filling anyway. Great plan for the cake and I'm sure his coworkers will appreciate it.

Mogzillo I hear you on the nutritional value. I remember the Twinkie study a few years ago and it just proved to me what I've told people (I was a personal trainer) that calories COUNT period, but nutrients do as well. I know for me personally I could probably eat Coca Cola and Lay's all day long for the first 90% of my weight loss, but after that I'd HAVE to watch macros or I will not get off that last percentage. Also obviously for health. I think a lot of people get analysis paralysis in deciding what to eat and how to start, thinking it's ALL OR NOTHING...so nothing. I think it's just reducing calories and replacing the bad empty nutrients with good ones, eventually it's second nature for the majority of foods and weight loss and health follow. But again that's just my thinking. Also I do semi-fast to see what hunger is because I like that slight feeling of being hungry, not all day long, but like when I am slightly hungry and dinner is in an hour, I can definitely deal with it. I do NOT have blood sugar issues (tested 2x a year at the doctor and several diabetic friends seem to love to prick me) so it works for me. My husband has panic attacks as soon as he's hungry. He's convinced it's diabetes issues, but he's been tested more times than most people and he's not. I think he wants it to be so he has an excuse to eat like a maniac. I mean literally a PIE is a snack to him versus a slice. Oh well.

MamaKat I think it's great about the novel, but man I feel your pain for throwing it out. It is hard I think for those of us who grew up in "less than ideal" circumstances to "get" the childhood joy thing. My husband always talks about his wonderful childhood and all these fantastic memories of less stress and yada yada. I did NOT feel that way. I SURVIVED. I was more stressed out during my childhood especially after my parents divorced than at ANY TIME during my adulthood. I don't think I mentioned here but as an example my sister got killed, I found out I was pregnant (unplanned) and my husband left all within about a 3 week period. The next 3 months I lost two other friends and my pets because of my husband's and my upcoming divorce (I'm remarried) I couldn't afford them or the $50K in bills he left me with....and THAT was less stressful than childhood. My current husband does not get it and it's difficult to discuss with some friends because they had great childhoods...or remember them as great LOL. Anyway I think writing will be therapeutic for you and again I love your daughter's wisdom and empathy towards you. You should be so happy and proud to have such a great kiddo!

ANYWAY, yesterday 1696 calories, and 45 minutes of yin type yoga. Diana it was Yummy Yoga and I hated it. I bought it years ago and remembered why I don't like it. The MUZAK SUCKS. Her voice is irritating to me. She sounds like Margot Kidder after 100 cigarettes and no water for days...just makes me want to tense up and not relax. Plus she had all these warnings about how if you copy this tape (it's a video originally but I bought DVD) may you have stiff and sore muscles the rest of your life. To me it seemed kind of tacky to have a warning like a curse. I emailed the girl I told you about and she's taking it too thank goodness. It just felt like bad karma all the way around.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:45 PM   #147  
Warrior Princess

I went out for a jog (finally) but had to stop after only 20 minutes due to unbearable ear drum pain from the cold wind. :/ Look like I'll be picking up one of those fleece head band things along with some lycra bottoms for November.

I don't feel workout fulfilled so I may still do Jillian or weights later.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:57 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

4Keeps: Haha. Nicely done on the cake.

Seabiscuit: Do you know what triggered the attack? Do you regularly have to take medication?

Mamakat: E.L James published her own novel, she is the author of the 50 Shades of Grey triology and for her it turned out pretty freaking well. She has sold 20 million books, and got paid 10 million dollars for the movie rights to her books. Publishing on your own can lead to great things.

SerenityDiva: I'm with you on the childhood. Having a **** upbringing is bad enough, however, it's also extra difficult because those people who grew up in stable homes cannot possible relate to what it was like for us.

Calories: 1384
Exercise: C25k W8D1

I'm down 0.4 pounds since last week. Currently at 139.3. I'm surprised because I only did one workout last week as compared to my normal six, because quitting Diet Coke made me feel flulike sick the whole week.

I deliberately ate low calorie, yet healthy for breakfast and lunch, so I could work going out and eating Chinese food into my calorie allowance.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:37 PM   #149  
Carrots? Meh...

Height: 5'6

I'm not a regular poster in this thread, so I apologize for intruding... I just needed a place to post some thoughts.

The past four days have been... not good. I've been feeling somewhat sick (plus having a persistent headache) and while I haven't binged, my eating has been lousy. Also my period started about five days early - that never happens. And to top it all off both my upstairs and downstairs neighbors have been behaving like morons - the constant noise while having a headache just hurts. I'm so, so tired.

*sigh*

I'll do my best to get back on track.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:27 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 198/161/127 (started 03/2012)

Height: 5'1"

SillyRabbit you can do it! What is your plan? Are you journaling stuff? Sometimes I find it helpful to write down and remember what made me feel like whatever when I did X, Y and/or Z. Then I try to get a backup plan.

LOL NovaAngel get fulfilled for sure

IsabellaOlivia yep exactly, it's VERY hard to explain and sometimes it just makes me tired.
Closed Thread