Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2003, 09:21 PM   #286  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Yeah Sandy! Awesome! Melting away I tell you, you are so inspiring.

Hehe, I had a funny revelation today...I actually weigh less now than what my driver's license says . OK, I was about 8 mos. pregnant when I last got my license but in reality, I put my "normal" weight down instead of my current pregnant weight down at the time--I was probably 15-20 lb heavier than what it actually said. Oh I can't wait til next year when I can renew it and be all svelte and sexy--and to have the weight number be as small as the first time i got my license....145! Maybe smaller even, but I'm taking one step at a time. Have a good night all.
Old 03-27-2003, 09:39 PM   #287  

Sandy that is awesome. When you think about what you have lost in terms of everyday things it really hit shome doesn't it?

Angie Echo's trials are called hunter retriver trials. It just means that she has mastered what she has learned in her duck school.

Noelle I don't think I have been what my DL has ever said. You know I always lie.

I didn't get a chance to run this afternoon . When I got home from work Joe told me that we were going to have dinner with his day and we ended up at a Mexican rest., and you know that I have never met a margarita that I didn't like.
Old 03-28-2003, 11:31 AM   #288  

Hey guys, I posted last night. CAN YOU BELEIVE IT???
Old 03-28-2003, 11:32 AM   #289  

Thinking about buying a fold up treadmill.
I've been advised to buy one that has a motor at least as big as 2 and a half HP.
I'm guessing Oshman's would have one. I'd rather see it in person before buying it than order one online.

Anyone had experience with the ones that fold up ?

Kempy - Did you get your deck finished ? That is strange that a rain dance can't be found online. I wonder if any Indian tribe sites have one? I just haven't looked yet.

Thank God Texas doesn't make you put your weight on your driver's license !
Our personal info. is just height and eye color.

I always make up a lower number than I weigh when I donate blood...The only requirement is that you weight at least 110 !
So I say 160, even tho' it's higher. They don't care that I pull a number out of thin air.....it's obvious I weigh over 110

Figured I'd stop lurking so much and drop in to say Hi to everyone here.

Hope you have a great weekend !
Old 03-28-2003, 11:36 AM   #290  

Hey Gar, glad you are back.

The started to set the posts for the deck yesterday afternoon so I am hoping that they will get them into the ground today just incase it deceids to rain. I havn't touched to truck so I am doing all I can to stop it from raining.

I don't know anything about store bought treadmills. Being here at the gym I have access to really good ones.
Old 03-28-2003, 11:47 AM   #291  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I have a Sears Proform fold up treadmill. I haven't had any trouble with mine. I would recommend to buy the extra service plan though just in case...
Old 03-28-2003, 01:43 PM   #292  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Thumbs down Hooray for Friday

Hey there chickies. It's a sunny day here in Hawai'i nei, looks like the clouds have blown away at least for now. Angie/Sandy, what are the temps in your neck of the woods? Sounds like it's warming up nicely. I would probably be freezing my butt off if I went there though, I bet.

Gar, I have a Proform crosswalk(?) treadmill which I bought back in 95-96? It still works great (yup I tried it out this weekend) , but I don't use it much since I can usually walk outside 350 out of 365 days of the year. Sorry, I'm not very helpful am I? Never had problems with the motor and it's pretty sturdy too. It's pretty old technology compared to what's out there today though. Oh yes, I must thank you for the suggestion of Godiva Belgian dark. It was heavenly.

Kempy have you folks lived in your house for very long? I think a deck is a great idea for a house, especially since you don't have any neighbors out back. Rick and I live in the downstairs of my parent's house. It's a 6 bedroom house so they've got the upstairs and we've got the downstairs. Everyday on my walk I go through one of those 'planned' neighborhoods. There were a few houses on the market (of 3, the highest prcied was $380K ) and I would love to live in the area but if we were to move out I think my parents would sell. That's been our family house since 1963. Maybe one day soon I'll talk to my parents about 'selling' it to us if they'll consider it. They're getting up in years and I would hate to see us 7 sisters in a dispute about it. I'll cross that bridge when it comes.

Anywho, I've got to stop here and get some work done...I've got a 'hot date' @ lunchtime w/my son .

Washu/Chris/essey and anyone else, where are you gals hiding? Come out come out where ever you are...
Old 03-28-2003, 02:09 PM   #293  

We have lived in this house for 1 year (The day before Thanksgiving made the first year mark). We have already painted all of the inside so now it is on to the ouside. Joe still would like to redo the tile floors in something a little nicer. They are nice now but they are a little to light and you can see every little thing that hits the floor. We want to get granite countertops in the kitchen too. Maybe then we will be happy.

I wish we still had the house that I grew up in. I love tha house. In fact I still have dreams about it. Weird huh?
Old 03-28-2003, 04:09 PM   #294  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I do that too Kempy! The house I grew up in(at least until I was about 10) wasn't even really nice but we moved to the woods and I missed my house in town so much.

Weather is nice up here. It is sunny right now so once I start to walk I get hot enough to take off my jacket but don't get too hot. I did get a sunburn on my face this morning because we just hung out on the deck all morning soaking up the sun. I think I might lug out my patio furniture tomorrow. I can't wait until we can open the pool The steps take up too much of the deck But I am getting way ahead of myself since it is still an ice cube.
Old 03-28-2003, 07:01 PM   #295  

Hey there girls,
Thanks for all the encouragement. The weather is nice here on the coast too, in the high 40's most days and somtimes it even hits the low 50's. But, they say maybe snow on Sunday/Monday? But being on the coast, I think we will get mostly rain? I hope!! But the mud is so bad.....our driveway is like a mud bath.

I don't know how close the houses are there on the island mele, but here, I live in a town with the population from the year 2000 census report being a grand total of 782. No that is not a typo, 782 resident population in my town. So I have a huge front lawn and a huge back lawn and side lawns too? I can see my neighbors house because the trees have not sprouted their leaves for the year yet, but once that happens you really cant see. We have a 3 bedroom raised ranch house, which if you don't know is a one floor house on top of a half exposed cellar. We can finish off the cellar if we want to make a bigger house, which we plan on doing when the money is there. Anyway we are a happy little family with it right now.

Well gotta run, Hugs to all,
Sandy
Old 03-28-2003, 07:39 PM   #296  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Sandy, That joke was so FUNNY! It jumped the **** out of me and I didn't even have the volume on. So being the great mom I am I called the kids in to see a ghost. Brittany(my oldest) had a death grip on me screaming the whole time. HA HA HA. Imagine 3 kids screaming at the top of their lungs!! I swear I could see their tonsils wiggling. I am waiting for Jay to get back so I can get him.
Old 03-28-2003, 08:04 PM   #297  

Glad you enjoyed it, I don't know everyones e mail address, so here I will post it here and everyone can go see..... you will have to copy and

Subject: Fw: Hows your eyesight?

This is really cool.....

Read this first then click the link...
This is pretty neat. Apparently the owners of this house had been
seeing images and hearing voices for quite a while. They did some research
and found that a lady once lived in the house who lost her husband
during the civil war. Legend says that she used to sit at the table and look
across the fields in anticipation of her loved one returning home. He never came.
So, they say she still waits. They caught this photo of what they claim to be her.
This is wild and a little spooky once you find the ghost in the
picture.
It took me a while to find it, but when you do...it just stands out.

Like one of those optical illusions. To save you some time, concentrate around and just above the table.
Best not to focus too much on one spot. Look around the table and toward
the window. Click on the link below for the picture.
For an added touch make sure your speakers are turned on; it's faint but
you can hear the ghost talking sometimes in a low murmur.

Look at the picture....the image will take about a minute to appear

home.attbi.com/~n9ivo/whatswrong.swf
Old 03-29-2003, 08:56 AM   #298  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

WEIGH DAY!!!! I lost 1 more pound. It isn't much but at least it isn't a gain. How's that for glass half full? I hope I get a better week next week because at 1 pound a week it will take me 6 months to hit goal. EEEKKKS!!!!

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 03-29-2003, 09:36 AM   #299  

Angie, 1 lb is a great job, look how far you have come. I know you want it all gone now, so do I, but we will have to wait and let it go.......it will be gone some day!! If we continue eatting right and exercising then we are doing all we can do, the rest is up to the body. Keep up the good work....

Sandy
Old 03-29-2003, 10:52 AM   #300  

Kempy

I went to Oshman's website to look at fold-up tread mills. Those things are expensive !
The one I found with a 2.5 HP motor was $699. !

I haven't looked at Walmart yet. They have a few.

If you think a light colored floor shows every little thing....a very dark floor is much worse. Ever had a black vehicle ?
After you wax it, you only have to drive it a few miles to see specks of dust on it.
If you're changing the floor tile to a medium shade of whatever color you were thinking of, it won't show dirt as quick as light or very dark.
We have 8" square ceramic tile on the floor in our kitchen. I didn't think about it at the time, but I would never buy tile again that had an irregular surface. Always buy flat tile.....It's too big a pain to rip ours out and redo it.

Granite counter tops sound Very nice.

It's overcast here, but it's not supposed to rain for at least another 5 days.
But what do the weather people know....
Is there any other job where you can be wrong so often without losing your job ?

I only lost 2 and a half pounds in March with all the household clutter cleanup. Normally I lose from 8 to 11 lb.s a month after the first month.....But I tend to do big projects better at night and it throws off my whole schedule. At least now the big stuff is over with, and I can get back on track better instead of not just falling off the wagon, but getting run over by it.

Sounds like everyone's on track better than me at the moment, but it's getting better.

Anyone else here watching the Shield marathon on the FX channel? We always liked The Commish, and we're watching the
Shield now.
But if Michael Chiklis wasn't in it, I wouldn't bother with it.

Everybody have a fun weekend !
Closed Thread