Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2003, 08:31 AM   #136  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning everyone!! It is a little colder here today but I am going to get in a walk if it ckills me! My diet is going good so far this week. Did anyone see 60 Minutes? (I think that was the show last night) About overweight people who make too much of a chemical in their belly that drives appetite? Graylin or something like that. The fed a mouse and then injected him with the chemical and all he did was want to eat. They say overweight people when they diet start to make more of this chemical and it makes them want to eat more. Makes sense to me.It was like a white powder when it was dry. Strange.
Old 03-13-2003, 08:44 AM   #137  

So that explains it. I thought it was psychological. I wish I had stayed up to watch it. So now what? Does that stay with you or does it eventually go away? This is harder then quitting smoking!
Old 03-13-2003, 08:52 AM   #138  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

They are using that to try to find a way to make our bodies stop producing it so dieting will be easier. It really sounded like me when they were talking though. They said that when you go on a diet your body is like "hey wait a minute something isn't right here." and it starts to produce more of the greylin to make you eat more. I told Jay that little mouse sure looks like I feel on a diet. Maybe they can find a way to control it safely. They said that they think obesity needs to be treated like any other disease. With medication. It is more than willpower.

I am so glad they found Elizabeth Smart!!! YEAH for that family.
Old 03-13-2003, 08:58 AM   #139  

It is a blessing that they found her!!
Old 03-13-2003, 10:46 AM   #140  

I can't beleive that she was right behind their house and that she could hear them calling for her.

Angie I have heard of that before. I think I saw it on Dateline or something. It makes total sense to me though. I wonder if all people produce it not just overwewight people and that is why it is hard to stick to a diet.
Old 03-13-2003, 11:01 AM   #141  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Rebel is at the vets. He went outside today and threw up and then just laid down in the field and Jay had to go get him and bring him inside. He has been shivering and breathing weird all morning. He did the same thing a few times before and has had to go on medication because of an overgrowth of bacteria in his tummy. I switched his food to Nutro because it has no corn in it and corn is an allergen to dogs. We had a Petco open up and they had a big sale on Nutro food so we were talking to the sale guy and he asked why we weren't using the Little Bites Nutro for Rebel so it would be easier to chew. We bought a bag and then he started to throw up bile last week in the mornings so I checked the food label and there is corn in it. Poor baby. I have to go back to lamb and rice this weekend I guess.
Old 03-13-2003, 11:46 AM   #142  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Rebel is back from the vets. They couldn't find anything wrong with him so he gave him a shot and said if he isn't better by morning we need to bring him back in. He is sitting here shivering and he has me a little scared. I hope he is okay.I don't want to leave him alone to work but I have to. He didn't have a fever or anything. He acts like he did before but I get so scared when it happens and I am praying it is just the tummy bacteria. It was so sudden though.
Old 03-13-2003, 11:49 AM   #143  

Anige I hope it is just something in his tummy that will just have to work its way out. Poor baby. I hate it when my animals are sick b/c I can't do anything for them and I never really know what is wrong.
Old 03-13-2003, 12:22 PM   #144  

Angie, I hope your dog is Ok.....I know how scary that is.
You hate to leave their side till you know they're going to be alright.
Also, if your vet can't ever find what's wrong and Rebel is still sick, go to another vet. Don't wait too long.

mel...
Tease you for going to Ikea?
I bought 5 bookcases and a wooden 2-drawer file cabinet with castors (so I can move it if I want) at the Ikea in Houston last week.
I like the "Billy" style bookcases which I'm guessing are their biggest sellers. They are So easy to put together.
A corner unit and 31 inch wide bookcases (both 80" tall) in the guest room, and a corner unit and 31 inch bookcase on each side in a room that I made my exercise room......Before I went thru that room, things had gotten so bad there was a walking path from the hall door to an outside door.

Storage is one of my biggest problems, and I had to create more before I started to go thru the cluttered rooms.
You can put doors on the lower half of the 31" wide bookcases that are 80 inches tall. So that helps with putting away stuff.

Hubby even likes the bookcases from Ikea.
At first he said, "Don't buy that...I can build it."
But this time I had to say "Can you buy the wood, build it, stain or paint it and have it dry and in place in 45 minutes?"
I won this one, even tho' I did have to drive 100 miles each way to Houston.

Angie, I'll say a prayer for your dog. I'll be thinking about him all day.
Old 03-13-2003, 02:04 PM   #145  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hi ladies. Angie sorry to hear Rebel is sick, poor little guy. I've never had a dog allergic to foods before. Hope he gets better soon. Could it be that he ate something in the house when you were out on your walk?

I'm glad about Elizabeth Smart. Hope she isn't too warped because of her ordeal. What's the story on that guy anyway--'Emmanuel' as in Jesus? Did you get a look at his pic?

Gar I'd drive a 100 miles to get to an Ikea. Funny thing is, where I live, 100 miles one way would mean around the entire island 1 1/2 times! My cousin in L.A. sends us a catalog every year and my sister and I paw through that thing til it gets all tattered. I have hand-carried a shelf kit home by plane before. We have a furniture store here that has similar styles but because we're out here on this little rock the prices are much higher than what they should be.

I'm dragging my butt again today. Stayed up til 1:30 this morning watching old movies on TV just snuggling up to the hub in bed. I was sorta complaining in my journal yesterday about not having lost any weight this month...but this morning the scale was very friendly. Don't wanna speak the # out loud since it might run and hide --you know, don't wanna jinx it like Angie said. Anyhoo, gotta get some work done.

Have a great OP day all!
Old 03-13-2003, 02:34 PM   #146  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

He seems to be doing better now. At least he isn't breathing heavy and shaking. He has done this before but only once this bad. It scares me everytime. I guess I will do some research for a better dog food than Nutro now. If they can make a variety for JRT's and add corn to it they can't know too much about dogs. I am going to check into Eagle Pack breand. Hopefully I will have better luck. On the plus side the vets loved him today. He was too sick to be mean. They kept saying oh he is so sweet. That is odd because Rebel hates them and tries to hide or bark at them. Our vets are great.They are a husband and wife team. They come to my house every year to give shots to all of them at once. We have 4 cats too, plus the 3 dogs. Whenever they come he tries to make friends with Rebel. Last time they came they stayed for an hour longer than necessary so he could lay on the floor with Rebel to try to get him comfy with him.

Noelle, congrats on losing. I did good this week too but I don't dare say it because I have for the last 2 weeks and it always goes up by Saturday. SHUCKS!!! We will just say I wished I looked as good as the number on the scale does. hehe

I better get back to work!! Jay is eating a brownie and I took a bite and figured I had better come inside until he finishes it or I might eat them all.
Old 03-13-2003, 03:08 PM   #147  

Hey girls,
Angie, glad to hear Rebel is feeling better. It's as bad as having a kid sick, you worry the whole time and just wish you could take it away.
Kempy, the pic's were great, you are so skinny, yes I am totally jelous!!! I hope to one day be there or well at least close to it.

Today is WI day and the scale says 2 lbs gone. Thought it would be more, I have been so so so good and doing everything right......but I will take what the scale says.

Hope everyone is having a nice day...ttyl

Hugs,
Sandy
Old 03-13-2003, 03:51 PM   #148  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Sandy 2#s down, You go girl! 2 lbs is great!
Old 03-13-2003, 04:00 PM   #149  

Thank you for the encouragement
Old 03-13-2003, 04:07 PM   #150  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

WAY TO GO SANDY!!! I guess you ARE doing everything right!!! WoooHooo!!!!
Closed Thread