Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 03:24 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
I can sew, some, but clothing is not my thing. And it would be everything that would need to be taken in - the leg, the butt, the waist, the neck, the arms, etc. I would end up wearing poorly done homemade looking stuff and that would make me feel like crap. I envy you if you are comfortable enough with the machine to make things look nice and can deconstruct as well as construct. My few attempts are scary. I stick with home dec stuff and Halloween costumes.
This is mostly my attitude as well. I can do a few things, like darts in waist bands, especially if they'll be hidden. And hems, depending on the fabric and cut of the garment. But I definitely can't remake clothes, and it's best I don't try. My mom, who is a better seamstress than I, and who I shop with fairly often (well, when I infrequently shop, it's often with her.) is always trying to convince me to buy things that need altering. I know where she's coming from. Clothes usually don't fit me well, so if something is close, it's tempting to go for it. But I can't do a good job of it, and while she probably could, and offers to, she just doesn't have the time to while we're together, a fact she never remembers. (She has ADD and poor time-management skills. Plenty of energy though.)
Old 09-21-2011, 04:26 PM   #137  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I wish I could do my own alters. Here's my biggest pain with the loss so far. I'm not losing in the girls. I've lost above them, below the, beside them and back fat, but the girls remain the same. So my shirts remain the same, anything smaller doesn't fit the girls. But the rest of the shirt is big on me. The biggest problem in the armholes. I don't like when they're big b/c then my arms rub together, I don't like flesh on flesh feeling. I'd like it tighter on my waist too.

I sort of had this problem when pants weren't stretch. Before kids I had hips and a big butt, but no waist. So I had to buy big for the butt and hips leaving tons of gap in my waist. Ugh, my undies always showed...I hate that. Now with stretch jeans that doesn't happen, thank goodness. The only shirts I like right now are mens tanks size large. But here comes fall and winter so I can't go around wearing those.

I'm wondering if things will change. I suppose the more fat I lose on the back the smaller the shirt should be. Gosh, I hope so. I'd hate to think I'm still a 1x due to the girls. They warned me I wouldn't lose them and now I can see they were right. I'm gone look very chesty when all this is said and done. Not sure I'm happy or disturb about that. LOL we'll have to see. I still have a ways to go.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:39 PM   #138  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakat View Post
I wish I could do my own alters. Here's my biggest pain with the loss so far. I'm not losing in the girls. I've lost above them, below the, beside them and back fat, but the girls remain the same. So my shirts remain the same, anything smaller doesn't fit the girls. But the rest of the shirt is big on me. The biggest problem in the armholes. I don't like when they're big b/c then my arms rub together, I don't like flesh on flesh feeling. I'd like it tighter on my waist too.

I sort of had this problem when pants weren't stretch. Before kids I had hips and a big butt, but no waist. So I had to buy big for the butt and hips leaving tons of gap in my waist. Ugh, my undies always showed...I hate that. Now with stretch jeans that doesn't happen, thank goodness. The only shirts I like right now are mens tanks size large. But here comes fall and winter so I can't go around wearing those.

I'm wondering if things will change. I suppose the more fat I lose on the back the smaller the shirt should be. Gosh, I hope so. I'd hate to think I'm still a 1x due to the girls. They warned me I wouldn't lose them and now I can see they were right. I'm gone look very chesty when all this is said and done. Not sure I'm happy or disturb about that. LOL we'll have to see. I still have a ways to go.
Well, from 275 to 182 I've gone down one band size (40 to 38) and 1-2 cup sizes. I went from a 40G to a 38 DD/DDD (DD is the same as E and DDD is the same as F). My clothing size in tops has gone from a 2x to a women's large and sometimes medium - especially sweaters and no gaps or anything and I'm definitely still chesty and I doubt I'll go smaller than I am now as I had DD/DDD boobs in HS before I gained weight. My measurements as of Sept. 1st (I measure once a month) is 42-34-43. And I think my ribcage is 37 (but haven't checked that since last buying bras earlier this summer).
Old 09-21-2011, 05:02 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakat View Post

I always had that problem with pants. Even with the stretch in them, I still have that problem. Hence the waist darts.

I have the armhole problem too. Woman's talk tops always seem to have enormous armholes that just gape on me (this was always the case, even when thinner), and I've wondered if it had to do with my boob to back ratio. I haven't lost enough weight to tell if they're getting smaller or not. I know by back has. My ribcage is about 35-36" now. I had bras ranging from 36DD to 40 D. I just now noticed that the 40D was getting a little too big. Not saggy, but not as supportive as it could be. The 36DDs didn't fit me at my biggest, but they do now. I can't imagine that I'll get much smaller than that, but it's really hard to know. I think I wore 34C in high school/college, but more recent reading up on bra sizes makes me wonder if I shouldn't have been in a smaller band/ bigger cup. I have lots of hopes for weight loss, but those hopes don't include regaining teenage breasts
Old 09-21-2011, 05:27 PM   #140  

Our group is melting away! Seems like everyone is having good losses this week, is it a full moon? No, I think that was last week. Congrats to all the "fat losers" as Sum would put it .
ItsMyTurn, when are your parents coming to visit?
Mamakat, loved, loved, loved your self talk throughout your walk! Keep up the good work. How are those feet healing and how are your new shoes?
Diana3271 hi! Sawdust? Not sure I would eat that. That would be right up there with rice cakes in my mind.
Still, you're doing awesome, congrats on your loss too!
Berry, glad DH is feeling better and I think you deserve some new duds after all the hard work.
Zoodoo, Glad yesterday was easier for you. Day by day, one choice at a time.
Sum, hi!
Pint, hi!
Wannabe, congrats on the scale sticking and yes, sleep is so important!
K9, too much greek yogurt? Are you saying your protein is lower because of it?
Old 09-21-2011, 05:41 PM   #141  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Jomatho I never got new shoes. I tried on a size 9 and they were too snug, I'm right in between. So I'm back to my not so new newer shoes that I got a few months ago that caused blisters on my toes when walking but no where else. I still have an infection from walking barefoot but it's bearable. Of course today's walk added three more blisters on my toes...I'm not sure how to stop that from happening, they're in weird spots. I'm wondering if maybe I should double up on socks. I have no idea.

I looked into the blister bandages and they only sell 6 in a box at 3 bucks a pop. I'd be going through those way too fast. Maybe I'll research on line. I'm gonna put regular bandaids on for tomorrows walk in the city. It's too bad these stupid things don't turn into callouses then I wouldn't have to worry. I'm not giving up my walks, I love them way too much. Egads, I never thought I would say that! But I do
Old 09-21-2011, 06:11 PM   #142  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomatho View Post
Our group is melting away! Seems like everyone is having good losses this week, is it a full moon? No, I think that was last week. Congrats to all the "fat losers" as Sum would put it .
ItsMyTurn, when are your parents coming to visit?
Mamakat, loved, loved, loved your self talk throughout your walk! Keep up the good work. How are those feet healing and how are your new shoes?
Diana3271 hi! Sawdust? Not sure I would eat that. That would be right up there with rice cakes in my mind.
Still, you're doing awesome, congrats on your loss too!
Berry, glad DH is feeling better and I think you deserve some new duds after all the hard work.
Zoodoo, Glad yesterday was easier for you. Day by day, one choice at a time.
Sum, hi!
Pint, hi!
Wannabe, congrats on the scale sticking and yes, sleep is so important!
K9, too much greek yogurt? Are you saying your protein is lower because of it?
They are coming in 7 days!!!!! I am counting down and ALL excited to see them!!!! Mom has been calling almost daily now, so at least I know that anxious feeling is a two way street...and dad has been on SKype with me lately too, LOL! We are going to be deep cleaning the house this weekend in preparation for their arrival... we have caught up on the bug spraying outside and did a big cleaning on the pool already... then I want to go in and refresh their bedding and dust and such in there so they come to a super clean room with nothing to do but enjoy!!!! They have the other master suite upstairs and last time they were here they furnished it with all new stuff and left clothes and such here, so they already have an environment that feels like "theirs" in the house Last time they came, we had a bunch of business to take care of, not this time though... this time I will be taking a week vacation while they are here and just enjoying them fully!!!!
Old 09-21-2011, 06:20 PM   #143  
~Star~

Mamakat - I LOVE that you love your walks! I sure hope you find a solution to the blisters though, those can feel miserable.

Amazing weight losses all!!! What an inspiring group!!!!!

Nikki - Thank you so much for your kind words. Seriously. I try real hard to keep switching my mind around when I want to see a negative. If I hear "I can't"... I switch it to "I can"... or "This sucks" it becomes.. "it will only suck until I fix it by doing this...". A mind is powerful and we can control very little in our lives sometimes... but our attitude is ours to control. If you let someone/something else control it, then you give up your power... it's the same with weight loss - I won't give the scale the power.. I control my drive to lose weight and get healthy, not that scale... if it wants to disagree with me once in awhile, that's fine, but my perseverence will continue We are human though, and when I hit low points, there is little I can do to turn it around too swiftly... which is why I battle it so hard
Old 09-21-2011, 08:18 PM   #144  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyTurn View Post
They are coming in 7 days!!!!! I am counting down and ALL excited to see them!!!! Mom has been calling almost daily now, so at least I know that anxious feeling is a two way street...and dad has been on SKype with me lately too, LOL! We are going to be deep cleaning the house this weekend in preparation for their arrival... we have caught up on the bug spraying outside and did a big cleaning on the pool already... then I want to go in and refresh their bedding and dust and such in there so they come to a super clean room with nothing to do but enjoy!!!! They have the other master suite upstairs and last time they were here they furnished it with all new stuff and left clothes and such here, so they already have an environment that feels like "theirs" in the house Last time they came, we had a bunch of business to take care of, not this time though... this time I will be taking a week vacation while they are here and just enjoying them fully!!!!
Ah nice! And that they have a comfortable place to stay is great too - makes everyone happier if they have their privacy and you have yours.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:47 PM   #145  
~Star~

Melissa - I totally agree!!!! Upstairs is a split floor plan from the kids' 3 rooms too, so they have quiet as well. I would have let them have the downstairs suite, but it had a garden tub... all mine! LOL!
Old 09-21-2011, 09:34 PM   #146  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

I got home just in time to watch Survivor tonight. I won't be able to do personals tonight.

I'm not particularly pleased with dinner tonight. DH ordered crab dip as an appetizer. I love crab dip at this place. We don't normally eat appetizers in the first place. But anyways, I had some of the crab dip w/crackers. I ordered grilled chicken. This was not a good choice at a seafood restaurant. The grilled chicken breast was very tender and juicy. You may be saying, well what's wrong with that? It seemed too juicy and tender. I'm thinking they used some meat tenderizer and some other junk. I tend to be sensitive to that type of stuff. We'll see how it goes tomorrow. I am hoping that my calories were at maintenance and not over. I was hoping to go eat at the steakhouse on Friday. I will probably eat there no matter what.

Total Approx 1770 Calories +

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
1/2 TBS Hellman's light mayonnaise/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (1030 Calories)
Crackers 280 calories
Crab Dip 200 calories
Small grilled chicken breast 300 calories
Cole Slaw 150 calories
Collard Greens 100 calories

Exercise:
Cathe's Cardio Kicks

Last edited by Diana3271; 09-21-2011 at 09:35 PM.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:40 PM   #147  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Not too shabby tonight, if I do say so myself! LOL

Dinner was on the snackier side... truthfully because I didn't have too many calories for it. I indulged in a sliver of lemon cake at work today. Literally 4 bites. So good but I gave it 150 cals just to be on the safe side. And I had 2 SMALL spoons of PB. Decent dinner though....greek yogurt with cereal and a string cheese.

Also managed a fairly decent workout today. I did Bob's 20 min strength and then went down and did a quick 25 mins on the tread. I did intervals. Trying to remember C25K. I remembered one being walk 1 min and run 90 secs I think. anywho, that's what I did and I used the speed of 5.5 this time. That was a nice challenge. I think I am going to keep it at that speed. I'd love for that to be my "normal" running speed. 5.0 ALMOST feels too slow. We shall see. No running tomorrow. I may do Yoga or more strength. I LOVE Bob's 20 min workout. It's amazing.

I can feel myself getting hungry but that is because I am getting really tired. In bed on time for sure tonight!! YAY!!! I'll be up way too early in the morning to do some more schoolwork. I'm going to finish up my water and head to bed!!

See you all in the morning!!!!

Last edited by Vixsin; 09-21-2011 at 09:45 PM.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:49 PM   #148  
poundsbegone

S/C/G: 199/162/150

Height: Just because you put a pretty shirt over your muffin top, that dose not make it a cupcake!

I've been sick and tired lately! Literally

Almost startng over. But, I'm gonna try to make it work.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:33 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 178/162/140

Height: 5'7"

Had my Slimfast shake. French Vanilla- yum.

Then...I forgot to eat until 3pm. I wasn't hungry. How was I not hungry? Of course, forgetting to eat this long would leave a gap for me to mess everything up at night. Well, not everything. But enough for it to be an indication that I am not strong enough yet.

Special K bar (those new 100 calorie berry flaky thingies. So good!!! I find most of their products a total rip-off for the calories that they cost you, but this one is great). Stomach growls...ok, I guess I'll eat lunch now...at 3.30pm. *hangs head in shame*

3 slices ham, 1 spoon-full sour cream, 4 whole-wheat crackers and a cup of an amazing red-pepper tomato egg dish (mmmm! Thanks mom!). Figured this is as much as I can stuff into my face right now. Figured it's about 500 calories. (see, that's the problem, NEVER ASSUME!!)

Worked out for 60 min. Slim in 6 kicks your ***, at phase 2. Sweaty, gross, tired.

Slim Fast shake around 7pm. Feeling fine until 10pm.

Oh look- feta cheese in the fridge. Nibble, nibble. Nibble nibble some more. What to do, what to do? ok, I'll make some air-popped popcorn. 200 calories later, here I am.

So i assume I went....300 calories AT LEAST over my allotted amount. Guh. Fat fat fat.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:39 PM   #150  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

I'm not sure how I feel about this...kind of happy but also guilty at the same time. My DF went out this morning and bought me a present to celebrate my 50lb loss. On one hand, I do appreciate that he bought me something and that he's proud of me, but on the other we're in the process of applying for food stamps and he used my unemployment money to do it -- not exactly rolling in the dough. *sigh* I'm always trying to put money in savings and I feel like he's always pulling the rug out from under me. He bought me a Ravens shirt that doesn't even fit me yet. And it's long sleeve. I hate long sleeve shirts. I always stretch out the sleeves because I always roll them up.
Closed Thread