Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 08:19 AM   #76  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Sorry I missed everyone yesterday. Crazy busy! Worked a half day. Got a new tire. Phase 1 of cleaning the kitchen done. Whew! I got it all done but wow! I was busy yesterday! Thanks to getting everything done yesterday and getting some reading done for school, today is shaping up to be a more manageable pace. Yay for that!

Last week was whoosh week and this week is impossible gain week. My numbers have been creeping up all weekend. Today I am up 1.2 to 191.4!!!!

I may not have been perfectly on plan, but there is NO WAY that I have consumed this many extra calories. It's just not true. I don't think I got enough calories yesterday because my day was so insanely busy. I also made dinner last night out of a box! Sodium, sodium, sodium!! I DID manage a little sweat on the treadmill for 20 mins. Not ideal, but I was grateful for any exercise. I am pre-TOM (due this week). Sleep was an issue this weekend but last night was 7 full hours. I am on track again today. Trying not to let the scale bother me. I know there's almost no use to trying to figure out "the gains."

The plan is for a run after work today. With all of this talk of C25K, I am thinking of doing the program again. I may start today. Anyone wanna join me?
Old 09-20-2011, 08:33 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Mornin' everyone.

I managed to track yesterday, and did OK calorie-wise. The real triumph is that I forced myself out the door for a walk. I felt so awful when I left work that I had to do something, but I also had a lot that needed to get done. We sorted it out that my husband took my son to his soccer practice, and I walked to the store to shop for our dinner that night and my son's lunches for the week. I got home at about the same time they did. In general I'm not a fan of convenience foods, but man, they sure are convenient. I got some mashed potatoes from the deli section and small cooked pork roast from the meat section and some steam in the bag broccoli. Not as good as homemade, but not as bad as some of the options out there.

I wish I were more motivated all the time, but I just don't seem to have it in me. I've been doing OK on weekdays. I fall apart some on weekends, but not all the way apart. This weekend will be another challenge. My parents have an annual party that starts with a hike or run in the morning and proceeds with food the rest of the day. Most of it is actually pretty healthy food, but it will still be a challenge not to eat non-stop. At least I'll have several hours of hiking under my belt before that all starts.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:50 AM   #78  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
Diana I love ricotta cheese. I "dress" it up. I add vanilla extract or coco powder to it, and little sugar substitute. It becomes a creamy and yummy dessert.
Sum Does it taste different than cottage cheese? What is the "difference" for you between ricotta and cottage cheese?
Old 09-20-2011, 08:51 AM   #79  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
Seems my husband's pneumonia is getting better, but he's still pretty sick. I got some sleep last night, but a bit disrupted with my husband waking frequently.

Scale was down .2 today which is a huge victory with my nagging cravings yesterday. So hope everyone gets all mended up really soon. I've had enough of this!
Berry I am so glad to hear that your DH is doing better. You and the family have been through a lot this year. Great job on the .2!
Old 09-20-2011, 08:54 AM   #80  
Trying to live below 200

Anyone here familiar with this product? http://www.brancrispbread.com/
Old 09-20-2011, 09:40 AM   #81  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone,

Berry glad your DH is getting better still sending good vibes your way ((good vibes)) in hoping he gets all the way better

Jomatho well if you didn't gain you are doing better than me...I'm up almost 3 lbs. Going over calories yesterday and no work out really hit me. Ah well.

Wanna congrats on the 2 lbs down.

Diana good morning

zoodoo that actually sounds like a lot of fun. Hope you and your family have a great time and I hope the weather is nice for ya.

Still, Sum, Larry, ItsMyTurn, Nanna and whoever else I missed Good Morning

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day!
Old 09-20-2011, 10:39 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Melissa – You did awesome despite your day being a stressful one!

Kristiina – You’re right, we are very close!

Diana – I think I definitely should have done what you’re doing now – coming here to post to keep focus even though I was in maintenance! I’ll be doing that this time around.

Larry – Good morning! I'm glad to hear your doc visit went well...I always dread going.

Nikki – Sounds like you did awesome yesterday! You’ll see the 160s soon! I may have asked you already, but where in Michigan do you live? I’m a Lansing native that got transplanted to Tennessee.

Jo – You’re on fire with your workouts!!

Linda – Congrats on the 2 pounds!!

Vixsin – Girl, you know darn well that 1.2 is just sodium! You’re been staying OP and rockin’ those workouts! The scale will give in shortly. Keep up the good work girlie!!

Zoodoo – Kudos to you for going on that walk!!

Mama – Good morning!

I must have done something right yesterday...down 1 pound to 153...come on 140s! I just got done having a yummy breakfast and now I'm off to do some things around the house...mainly dishes and laundry, the two chores I loathe the most...then it's homework time! I hope you all have a lovely Tuesday!
Old 09-20-2011, 11:02 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 305/285/250

Height: 5'6"

Down 1.8 today. Weigh in was 293.2 I am so happy the scale is moving for me. I have stayed on plan and walking with Leslie every morning.
I tried the Denise Austin indoor walk, but I can't stand the sound of her voice. Don't know why... C'mon, uh huh, you can do it, alright, here we go.......LOL

Made the most fantastic Chile....Atkins Ancho Macho Chile. OH YUM !!! A little on the spicey HOT side, but oh soooo good. Gonna have some for lunch today.

Total loss so far.....11.8

Last edited by Nanna7; 09-20-2011 at 11:12 AM.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:15 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanna7 View Post
Down 1.8 today. Weigh in was 293.2 I am so happy the scale is moving for me. I have stayed on plan and walking with Leslie every morning.
I tried the Denise Austin indoor walk, but I can't stand the sound of her voice. Don't know why... C'mon, uh huh, you can do it, alright, here we go.......LOL

Made the most fantastic Chile....Atkins Ancho Macho Chile. OH YUM !!! A little on the spicey HOT side, but oh soooo good. Gonna have some for lunch today.

Total loss so far.....11.8
Awesome work on the 1.8, staying OP and walking w/Leslie!

PS: You made me hungry with all this talk about ancho macho chile!
Old 09-20-2011, 12:49 PM   #85  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanna7 View Post
Congrats on the 1.8 pounds! Unfortunately, I don't like Denise Austin's voice either.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:50 PM   #86  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindseyLou View Post
I must have done something right yesterday...down 1 pound to 153
Lindsey Great job on the pound - gone!
Old 09-20-2011, 12:53 PM   #87  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoodoo613 View Post
I wish I were more motivated all the time, but I just don't seem to have it in me. I've been doing OK on weekdays. I fall apart some on weekends, but not all the way apart.
Zoodoo Just keep working on it and take one day at a time.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:58 PM   #88  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

I don't like Denise Austin either. Something about her breathing drove me crazy. When I used use videos that's what I noticed most about the instructors. A few of them sounded like heavy smokers and that constant breathing drove me crazy. anything constant drives me crazy. I'd be at the point where I'd wish they'd just stop breathing I don't do videos anymore
Old 09-20-2011, 02:08 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 305/285/250

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakat View Post
I don't like Denise Austin either. Something about her breathing drove me crazy. When I used use videos that's what I noticed most about the instructors. A few of them sounded like heavy smokers and that constant breathing drove me crazy. anything constant drives me crazy. I'd be at the point where I'd wish they'd just stop breathing I don't do videos anymore
I like her workout, but that voice gotta go ! lol
I will be glad one day when I don't have to rely on doing videos or dvds. I tried, but with all this lasix I take, I can't venture too far from home. I bout died that day I took off out of here a mile away. Lasix kicked in and it almost wasn't pretty.....lol Maybe when I get some of this weight off me, it will help with some of my medical issues.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:21 PM   #90  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Congrats to everyone who is down, I saw a lot of you with pounds down! YAY!

Work is crazy again today, and it's not even a Monday. Then the coworker I ride with, she is a whole mess of negative energy... so trying to stick to my work while here and not in vehicle... a girl can try Other than that, keeping my eyes facing forward and moving ahead. Going to try to hit my elliptical tonight since last night didn't allow time for my working out... I always feel so much better when I can work out the emotion and stress of the day I imagine that is common amoung us though... it exerts energy, so the more pent up stuff, the better ya feel?
Closed Thread