Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 07:24 AM   #271  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning!

I forgot to add in the au jus and the horseradish sauce in my numbers from last night. Oh well.

Weigh In: 146.2 (I expect to have a gain tomorrow, too, since our dinner was later than normal and it takes time for the body to process everything)

Up: 1.2 pounds
Old 09-25-2011, 08:31 AM   #272  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Thinking of Larry this morning.

TTOM started at midnight and when I weighed myself before going to bed I about had a heart attack - 189.0! What?

I had to get up three times last night to go to the bathroom and this morning I lose 4 of those water pounds, but I'm still 185.0!!! Three pounds in one day and I had already gained a pound of water weight!. I know how to hold water! LOL
Old 09-25-2011, 09:07 AM   #273  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Rock on with that water whoosh, Melissa! I think of you and the other girls at night sometimes when I get up 3 or 4 times! LOL

Well, I was up twice last night to pee and what happens? I'm up that same .8 today. Whatever! LOL I'm not stressed about it. It really couldve been the amazing chicken that I made. The seasoning packet and panko crumbs were from a boxed dinner. I added my own panko to it but I'm sure the sodium was higher than my norm. I also got a little less sleep than I should have last night.

So I was up early this morning and got ALL OF MY SCHOOLWORK DONE!!! Today, I officially have the day off from stress! LOL I am going to my friends house for lunch today. We are having nachos! I know they won't buy the organic, low cal stuff but I'm bringing the meat and it's ground turkey!!!! I'm going to stay aware but I am going to enjoy myself today. I have a run scheduled for this afternoon while doing laundry. I'm going to be watering myself properly today and I'll make my dinner on the lower carb side of things tonight.

Off to get ready for church! Trying a new one today! Have a great morning!

BBL!
Old 09-25-2011, 09:30 AM   #274  

Thinking of Larry today too.

It's Sunday, the official weight for the day is 178.6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am totally in shock this week. Seriously, 4 pounds has melted off me since last Sunday weigh in (I was back up to 182.6 last sunday even though my ticker was at 182 all week, I hate to move it upwards ). I am not sure that has ever happened in this whole (10 month) journey for me. I am baffled and don't know what to think.

I have hit and passed some major milestones this week. When I passed by 180, that marked 50 pounds lost for me (finally). I am off that darn plateau I was on all summer practically. I got out of the wretched 180's and I finally get to add another happy flower to my ticker, I haven't added one of those in eons, I can't even remember, maybe June? I am really happy, but I think still in a little shock and disbelief.

So I thought I should write down all the changes I have made for the last couple weeks both for my own benefit to look back on and for others that may be stuck too, or just curious:

*Drinking over 100oz of water daily, spread out throughout the day. Prior to this I was having some "good" days around 60oz, but also some lower. I drink nothing but water, not even the occasional diet pop anymore.

*Less strenuous cardio. I was running a lot and pushing my miles/times. I now only run 1-3 times a week. Most days I walk for an hour not as fast as I can, but at a good pace, it is enjoyable and I can talk the whole time. I am also eating some nuts just before cardio, but especially on weight training days. I used to do all of it on an empty stomach.

*Added weight lifting back into my routine. I was concentrating so much on my running, I let the strengthening go by the wayside. This has only been this last week for 3 sessions of about 20-30' so I am not sure this has made an impact, but I will continue because I love it.

*Ate more calories. Wow, I can't believe this one is true. I have been NETTING around 1500 calories a day the past 3 weeks. That means if I am working out, I am eating from 1800-2000 or a little more. I was literally starving myself before. I would eat 1200-1400 and burn 600-800 calories and expect my body to work from about 600 net calories a day. I am sure it was hanging onto everything it could.

*I have about doubled my protein intake. I am aiming for 25-30% protein and am watching all my carb/protein/fat ratios more closely. Goal is 40%carb/30%protein/30%fat.

*I haven't eaten many wheat products (thanks k9). Most of my carbs come from dairy, fruit, veggies. Still not sure about that one, I miss my english muffins in the morning .

*I have been watching my sodium. I still don't do great with it, but am learning what changes I can make to keep it within recommended ranges. Mine usually ends up between 2000-2400mg. Some days under and some days a smidge over, but before I would have several days 3000 or a little more, so I am getting somewhere.

*I am making sure to take my vitamins at least a couple days a week, but because my diet is so good, I don't believe in over doing it. The ones I make sure I take are D, calcium if I am low for the day, magnesium, omega 3 if necessary depending on my diet that day and occasionally digestive enzymes or probiotics. I notice I am still a little low iron some days and vitamin c some days so I will be watching those.

*I almost forgot, 2 TBSP ground flax daily or almost daily (with lots of water of course). I got out of this habit for a month or two and have added it back in the last couple weeks.

*Oh, and another I hadn't thought of til now, I have been dabbling a little with virgin coconut oil. I almost don't want to put that down, there are a lot of nay sayers out there, but I don't do anything without researching it first and it is something I wanted to get a little of in my diet. I have added a very small amount for the last 4-5 days, probably a teaspoon or two.

So that's a heck of a lot of changes, but something has clicked with one or a combination of all of those. My suspicion is that I wasn't eating enough. I have been eating more for a couple weeks and it took that long for my body to realize I wouldn't be starving it anymore and demanding it do strenuous workouts on no fuel. I have to eat to burn, or get burned! The thing that tipped me off the most was that I couldn't get through my runs without a terrible ravenous feeling that I never had before.

A couple other bonuses I have noticed: My hair feels thicker, my nails are wonderful, my energy is better and most importantly, I am sleeping better. Even when I wake up in the middle of the night, I can get back to sleep most nights. I am even waking up before my alarm clock (wth?).

So I am excited to keep working on the plan and am fully expecting to slow down for the next couple weeks now, but celebrating today for what it is

Now off to excitedly change my ticker, add my happy flower in my siggy, and go update my christmas challenge thread! If only every day in this journey felt like today
Old 09-25-2011, 09:45 AM   #275  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

jomatho Congratulations!
Old 09-25-2011, 09:58 AM   #276  
I Need Accountablity!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Thinking of Larry.

Great job jomatho!

Checking in to stay accountable. I am doing good and staying on plan. The weight loss is slow, but it is changing the way I eat in the long run.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:15 AM   #277  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

JOMATHO!
I'm So Happy For You Right Now!!
AWESOME WORK
Old 09-25-2011, 10:21 AM   #278  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone,

Larry thinking of you and sending my best thoughts your way.

Berry glad you lost that water weight...you really can hold it

Vixsin as always you're a woman with a plan, I like that

Diana last nights meal sounds wonderful...I'd love to go to a steak house right now. But I'd rather have the baked potato

Jomatho YAY YAY YAY YAY, I knew you could do it!!!!! Great job!

to everyone who has yet to check in. I know in either a sleep in day or a church day for many. I hope that you all have a wonderful day.

I have no plans other than laundry today. I did a check on the scale and I'm still in the 220's, so it's all good. The things I tried out yesterday for blisters actually worked. But lame me missed the right big toe (the one that got icky last time) and now it is sporting yet another blister. BUT there's hope and relief as I those things are reusable, I just won't forget the big kahuna

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day!
Old 09-25-2011, 10:56 AM   #279  
~Krystal~

Very quick check-in for me this morning (as I am off to bed soon).

Larry
: Praying for you this blessed Sunday and for your DW.
(I really wish I could have been working at the hospital where you are. It’s a nurse-thing.
When you actually find one that truly cares, we tend to want to be with our patients to make sure they are ok.)

Diana
: I don’t think I’ve seen you have such a high day! I had one of those yesterday too (and NOT just at the reunion!)
Isn’t it weird to you now that you probably look back on it and think “I used to eat like this regularly and not think anything about it.” Now, it’s almost NEVER that you eat this way!

Melissa: Congrats on the whoosh!

MamaKat: Glad your feet are better. Take care of yourself, gf!!

WannaBe: GM!! Great job staying OP

Vix: That chicken sounded divine Have fun typing your assignment!

MustardFan
: I had the same experience Friday night when I made brownies to take to our reunion, AND I don’t even like chocolate!
I found myself licking the batter!

AFM: Saturday was a horrible eating day for me (~3200 cals ). I ate actually minimal at the reunion, but I had pulled pork (no bun) and it always makes me feel bloated. I think swine in general does this to most people b/c of the HIGH sodium content. I limit pork to a couple times a year—even though I LOVE BBQ! I ate more dessert than anything (now there’s something new, right!?!?)

NSV: One of DH’s uncles and I were chatting, and I was freezing in this school cafeteria where the reunion was held. The ac was on like 72, and I had worn khaki knee shorts and a black dressy tank. I brought a personal throw for the car, b/c I am usually cold when DH drives, and I went out to get it. When I returned, this uncle said to me, “You need to get some oil on those bones like the rest of the women here and you wouldn’t be so cold!” I was the smallest person there (of like 60 people), except 2 toddlers and 1 infant!
If I didn’t know any better, I’d think he was secretly calling me SKINNY!
Old 09-25-2011, 11:38 AM   #280  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Larry - Thinking of you and sending prayers for you!!

Diana- Hello girl! The up will turn back around, at least you are aware of how the cycling always seem to happen

Melissa - Fine timing for you TOM, at night it always seems to make us run a bit more. I am glad you realize that is water weight and not "actual" weight Hopefully this will go smoothly and swiftly for ya

Jomatho - That is a lot of changes when you put them all down in black and white But sometimes big changes are what our bodies are craving and don't know how else to tell you except through frustrating us, lol. Congrats on the huge loss and success!

mamakat - Laundry IS a good plan...and sorry about the toe blister. Hopefully you will be able to get all the laundry done

Krystal - One day of huge calories shouldn't knock you down too far in the long journey Holy wonderful NSV!!!!!! What a great feeling that must have been!!!!!

AFM - Today I am making my DH's favorite cake and favorite frosting from scratch for his birthday... he is 45 today. I also am going to fit in a bikeride and have to get to the store to get the things necessary for the baking. Then he wants Tilapia tonight, so will do that with veggies About it for me... love me some weekends!
Old 09-25-2011, 01:17 PM   #281  

Hello everyone!

This is my first post on 3FC and I am excited to be a part of this community! I wish everyone all the success in their weight loss efforts! You guys rock!

I've had one heck of a year (I gained 40 pounds...YIKES!) and I'm ready to move on and lose weight once and for all. I am sure that being a part of this group will help me attain my goals. My goal is to lose 75 pounds through diet and exercise, both of which I have been ignoring for the past few months.

This morning, I ate two kolaches (450 calories) and half of an iced coffee drink (135 calories). I have not thought out what I will eat for lunch or dinner, but I will be more careful with my choices!

I plan on working out this afternoon and evening, doing at least 1.5 hours of cardio and some weight exercises.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:01 PM   #282  
Melissa

You all crack me up. You are congratulating me on my whoosh when I gained 3 lbs since yesterday!!!! Just that I peed 4 of the 7 pounds I somehow gained last night!

Jomatho I am happy for you! It is so hard to stick through stall outs, but you did it and broke out of the 180s! (but did you need to throw the pounds onto me! (tee-hee!)

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 09-25-2011 at 03:03 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:03 PM   #283  

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
You all crack me up. You are congratulating me on my whoosh when I gained 3 lbs since yesterday!!!! Just that I peed 4 of the 7 pounds I somehow gained last night!

Jomatho I am happy for you! It is so hard to stick through stall outs, but you did it and broke out of the 180s! (but did you need to throw the pounds onto me! (tee-hee!)
Sorry, didn't mean to, you can throw them back at me next week when it's my TOM, haha
Old 09-25-2011, 04:12 PM   #284  
~Krystal~

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post

(tee-hee!)

I think I obviously misread your post from earlier.
I think gaining & keeping 7 lbs of water is worse than a congrats on losing 3 of it.
Then again, I also think I need more sleep

Last edited by K9Owner; 09-25-2011 at 04:15 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:17 PM   #285  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post
I think I obviously misread your post from earlier.
I think gaining & keeping 7 lbs of water is worse than a congrats on losing 3 of it.
Then again, I also think I need more sleep
LOL Well, then I wrote that incoherently too (too little sleep here too - getting up to pee three times! plus thinking about teaching today). But yes, I'll definitely celebrate that I didn't keep all SEVEN of those water pounds.
Closed Thread